Edinburgh House Hotel Reviews

90-92 Pilrig Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Very clean comfortable room, thin walls but a mostly quiet group while we were there (3 nights midweek). Breakfast was good and fair price ($5E). 25 minute walk to city centre and activities, not a problem for us and bus line was an option. Overall very pleasant stay.

• 8th Apr 2014

Only a kettle to make some tea, careful with staff we had a problem with this hostel because I told them I was going to pay cash and since the first day my debit card wasn't working in scotland I told them, I'm exchanging money and paying cash, what did they do? they charged everything they could to the credit card that night without telling me and adding 3%, when I complained, oh, I don't know, it was the other guy (as usual). Also, wifi is £3 x day and breakfast is £5 x person, bad experience.

Nice and cosy room =) Although our TV remote control didn't work and it wasn't changed when we mentioned to reception otherwise everything else was fine.

• 17th Feb 2014

This was chosen on location and price and on the whole I was pleased with the venue. My wife and I had a warm and comfortable double room with basic facilities. My only disappointment was that the shower head in the shower was broken. There was plenty of good hot water coming out of it, but it was all over the place!! The others in my party had a twin plus single bed room, which they said was comfortable, but cold. Breakfast was basic, with cereals, pastries meats, cheeses and a hot drink.

This was a lovely hotel close to the centre of Edinburgh. The room was big and spacious and the bathroom was modern and clean. Very impressed.

• 29th Dec 2013