Edinburgh Metro Youth Hostel

• 11/2 Robertsons Close, 11/2 Robertson's Close, Cowgate, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland

8.2
Fabulous 213 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 213 Total Reviews
Edinburgh Metro Youth Hostel Located at 11/2 Robertsons Close, 11/2 Robertson's Close, Cowgate, Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh Scotland EH1 1LY 11/2 Robertsons Close, 11/2 Robertson's Close, Cowgate, Edinburgh
82% 213
55.9488603 -3.1858659
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 41+
28th Aug 2016
6.3

Basic student accommodation. Each block has 5 single dorm rooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. The floors creak, the doors slam shut and shared bathrooms can be a bit nasty depending on who else is staying there. The rooms can be noisy depending on which side you're staying. If it's front facing then the street noise can be a bit much, even with earplugs in. There is a fire exit door in each block which was good. The hostel is close to the Royal Mile and is ok value for money.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Aug 2016

The hostel is actually dorm rooms for a university when school is not in session, with 6 bedrooms/2baths/kitchen area per suite. It's in a great location, everyone gets their own bedroom, and it feels like a dorm. It was pretty pricey during the festival in August, but I would stay here again.

17th Aug 2016
8.0

The hostel is actually a university dorm that is used between semesters. The rooms are small, but it is easy to get a single. There is a good size kitchen/eating area, but there isn't a common room like at other hostels. There are laundry facilities, which is great. The only complaint I have is unfortunately a big one: the beds are really uncomfortable. I was able to sleep, but it was a lot of tossing and turning. So I don't know if I would stay here again. It is in a fantastic area though.

• England, Female, 41+
15th Aug 2016

My elderly mother and I have stayed at this hostel for a few nights during the Edinburgh Fringe for the last few years. It's a 'summer hostel' (read: student accommodation), and we like it that we can have a private, lockable bedroom each and a kitchen/diner where we can make our own meals. The YHA staff are always good about giving us rooms on the first floor... there is no lift. We buy teaspoons (& usually mugs) once we've seen the kitchen. This year, one very loud night but all else good

4th Aug 2016
7.7

I stayed in a private room for a weekend and it was essentially a uni dorm. Which is fine, but if you're looking to party with other travellers then perhaps you should look else where. Having said that, the location is excellent and it's really worth going during the Fringe Festival!

• China, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2016
6.0

The hostel is difficult to find because it is not near the street. It is a bit of walk from the train station. One shower in my apt doesn't really work and there is absolutely no atmosphere of a hostel. It is fine for one night stay but other than that it is not recommended.

• USA, Mixed Group, 41+
27th Jul 2016
7.4

It was good for a one-night stay for my family, but longer than that would have been challenging because the facility just wasn't quite right for our group as we had a couple along with several singles. However it's a great facility for other types of groups!

20th Jul 2016
7.4

I had a private room with a lock and felt very secure. The shared bathroom was single-occupancy (with a lock) and provided plenty of privacy. Overall I felt like I got good value (Edinburgh is an expensive place!) but the room and facilities were... quite dingy. The entire complex could use a major overhaul.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2016

Central, clean, good value. Bit low on atmosphere but you can't have it all for that price...

• Australia, Female, 41+
15th Jul 2016

Wifi was advertised as free and included in the price but I found the wifi to be unacceptably slow. Otherwise, a great place to stay.