Edinburgh Metro Youth Hostel Reviews

11/2 Robertsons Close, 11/2 Robertson's Close, Cowgate, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland

I was surprised at the room layout. Also how clean everything was. It was a good experience as I was able to use the facilities without waiting also. I could come and go as I pleased and felt the room was very secure. I would recommend that hostel to others. Miriam Wentworth

• 26th Aug 2015

All the thing is good! I booked single room is quite nice! From room's window can saw city view. Totally it's good choise and I visited Edinburgh again, I'm still booking this hostel. Although location is good but is not easy to find u have to take a time to search map. And I lost my way to hostel and I called to the hostel to ask staff where is hostel an told me the post code. First call is friendly to told me after I called again they were Hang up the phone.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

The best hostel in the whole city, reason being that you will be staying in the very heart of the city right next to the bohemian alleys and avenues around Niddry street. You are tucked around a safe corner on Robertson Close but everything you need to access the main city is 30 seconds away. Drop all other hostel ideas and stay here, they were kind, chilled and helped me whenever I asked for it!

• 21st Aug 2015

This was perfect for a weekend at the Edinburgh Fringe - a clean room in a secure, quiet apartment in a central location on Cowgate. The staff were friendly too. More than I'd normally pay for a hostel but it was during the Fringe so was comparatively cheap compared to the hiked up hotel prices around.

The bed was uncomfortable. My room looked out onto a busy street which was noisy.

• 17th Aug 2015

The toilets were very dirty and had been more than a week not cleaned. The kitchen has the same image. In the fridge moldy food stacked by former guests. The accommodation is situated in an ugly Panel which is also in poor condition and is filthy. The information of the staff were very vague. For example, the tourist office is located near the railway station. The rate of more than £ 40 for a single room per night is by this price-performance ratio extortion.

• 17th Aug 2015