Edinburgh Metro Youth Hostel Reviews

11/2 Robertsons Close, 11/2 Robertson's Close, Cowgate, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland

I was surprised at the room layout. Also how clean everything was. It was a good experience as I was able to use the facilities without waiting also. I could come and go as I pleased and felt the room was very secure. I would recommend that hostel to others. Miriam Wentworth

• 26th Aug 2015

All the thing is good! I booked single room is quite nice! From room's window can saw city view. Totally it's good choise and I visited Edinburgh again, I'm still booking this hostel. Although location is good but is not easy to find u have to take a time to search map. And I lost my way to hostel and I called to the hostel to ask staff where is hostel an told me the post code. First call is friendly to told me after I called again they were Hang up the phone.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

The best hostel in the whole city, reason being that you will be staying in the very heart of the city right next to the bohemian alleys and avenues around Niddry street. You are tucked around a safe corner on Robertson Close but everything you need to access the main city is 30 seconds away. Drop all other hostel ideas and stay here, they were kind, chilled and helped me whenever I asked for it!

• 21st Aug 2015

The bed was uncomfortable. My room looked out onto a busy street which was noisy.

• 17th Aug 2015

The toilets were very dirty and had been more than a week not cleaned. The kitchen has the same image. In the fridge moldy food stacked by former guests. The accommodation is situated in an ugly Panel which is also in poor condition and is filthy. The information of the staff were very vague. For example, the tourist office is located near the railway station. The rate of more than £ 40 for a single room per night is by this price-performance ratio extortion.

• 17th Aug 2015

student hall

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

The location was amazing and brilliant value. Will be booking again!!

• 8th Aug 2015

I thought everyone there was lovely and they were really helpful when I sprained my ankle and were more than happy to help. I can't thank them enough and couldn't have coped without them.

• 5th Aug 2015

They do not have a place for you to lock up your bags if you get there early. Be warned you can leave your bags there, but they are just sitting out in the lobby area.

Would have been better if the single duvets actually fitted the single bed and the pillows had been more comfortable. Bathroom maintenance could have been better too as the taps on the bathroom sinks didn't work, apart from that you pay for what you get and it was ideal for just sticking the head down for the night.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

My main complain is about facilities. There is no sound insulation, floor are squeaky - you hear every step your neighbour makes. Everything else is great.

My only complaint would be about the loud and squeaky floors in building #7, flat 7. I was able to track everyones movements in the flat by where they stepped tgroughout my stay.

• 12th Jul 2015

It would be bettter if you had your own pakring places

• 11th Jul 2015