Edwin's Art Guesthouse -former Downtown Guesthouse Reviews

Reguliersdwarsstraat 31, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Edwin runs his guesthouse with friendly professionalism. He was always around when I had questions but I enjoyed my own space. The area in Amsterdam is amazing! Easy access to all areas of the city and the Reguliersdwarsstraat is very friendly and vibrant part of the city. Would visit again a thousand times over, if only for Pookie the incredibly friendly house cat.

Edwin is such a lovely guy and we really enjoyed staying at his hostel. Not a bad thing to say about our stay there - its location was vibrant and convenient for all the main sights, eating out or buying food from the local grocery store was so easy and it was clear Edwin goes out of his way to make his guests feel at home in Amsterdam. My boyfriend and I definitely recommend this place, especially if you like cats and good art - thanks so much Edwin!

We loved it! The guesthouse was the perfect blend of old and new and Edwin was nothing but helpful and friendly. There is a beautiful cat who isn't easily shooed so be warned if you're not a cat person. It is in a great location, there is privacy if you want it and the buzz of the city right outside. It can seem a bit noisy but it wasn't a problem for us. Would definitely recommend this place and stay here again ourselves!

• 29th May 2015