Edwin's Art Guesthouse -former Downtown Guesthouse Reviews

Reguliersdwarsstraat 31, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was good. No complaints. One recommendation would to be cautious of people with allergies to cats. Neither of us had them but it could makes someones stay very uncomfortable if they did.

Edwin was the most awesome host. Our stay in Amsterdam wouldn't have been the same had we not have stayed at the guesthouse with Edwin & his adorable cat, Pookey (sp?) it was easy to find, in a GREAT location, within walking distance of everything, easy to rent bikes nearby and very relaxed. The room was absolutely perfect, very clean and had an extremely comfortable bed. Thank you so much Edwin for making our trip (and looking after Kym when she fell down the stories) hopefully see you again!

• 18th Aug 2014

you're very welcome and thanks again guys

Edwin was a great host. Though I had the single room it was spacious with a big bed. Very comfortable and great location for central Amsterdam. Edwin was charismatic and helpful. His cat is beautiful.. Though if you hate cats this place is probably a no go. Essentially the cat owns the house! It can be a bit noisy on the street outside thanks to late night bars, but living in a city this doesn't bother me personally. Other people may find it difficult to sleep.

• 15th Apr 2014

thanks Nathan

It was a very nice stay at cosy place :). Unfortunately it was in fact very loud at night. So you should definetly bring eardrops.

• 20th Feb 2014

so sorry about that , but yes i did say that it could be noisy sometimes

Honestly the best place and one of the best parts of our trip was staying here. Edwin was exceptionally welcoming and his home was great. When we make it back to Amsterdam I won't hesitate to reserve our next stay here again.

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend and absolutely loved it! Edwin was such a friendly and welcoming host. We would recommend him to all our friends!

• 13th Feb 2014

Thank you very much for this amazing days in Amsterdam Edwin!

• 9th Jan 2014

Loved it here. Edwin was very friendly and would greet me very day. If you want somewhere where you have your own space in a relaxing environment, then stay here. The place felt so homely. I recommend it to anyone who is going to Amsterdam :)

a very nice Place in the center of Amsterdam and if you don't fear a little noise, you'll have a nice view down at the alley with a lot of Asian Restaurants and some Clubs. Next Tram station is just a 2min walk away and from there's just 10min with the tram to Amsterdam Centraal

• 6th Dec 2013

Everything was perfect: the single room was clean, as was the closet and bathroom. Very cozy atmosphere and a very friendly host. And the location is perfect to explore the inner city of Amsterdam, but as announced in the description of the guesthouse not too quiet because it is located in a street with lots of bars etc. But with earplugs no problem :). Thanks!

Great place, great owner, great location!!! :) I´d go back for sure!

Loved our stay at Edwin's! The location is absolutely perfect for going out and for sightseeing. Edwin was SO sweet and accommodating. The internet was a bit spotty but we were able to manage - I would definitely stay here again!

• 31st Oct 2013

Edwin is great, very friendly and helpful. He let me use his washer and dryer to do laundry in the middle of my stay, and even washed a few extra things that I forgot with his own laundry afterward. The single room is cosy, comfortable and felt like home. But bring earplugs, because the big windows are directly above the street which is raucous all night long, and you'll hear other guests using the bathroom etc. But with earplugs, no worries.

Edwin's house is a really nice place. It's located near Muntplein, in a walking distance to the Museumplein (15 min) and Central Station (15-20 min). Reguliersdwarsstraat a lively street with the highest number of gay bars I've ever seen (and I live near San Francisco!). That means 1)lovely atmosphere 2)safe to walk after midnight 3)alas, noise from the bars until about 1 am (didn't bother me, though). Edwin is super nice; the rooms and bathroom are clean, and conveniently close to each other.

• 25th Sep 2013
  • Russia

Excellent choice! I recommend it to everyone.

Great place, we felt like in home. It' s very central, just ten minutes walk from Ledseplein and Dam. Very cool paintings all over the walls. It's in a corner just above Downtown bar.

• 11th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Ideally situated, Great atmosphere, very helpful host !!! The room was clean, facilities for tea and coffee. Single room with a window overlooking the street with the bars - if you like city life is for you.

If you are ready to live the exuberant atmosphere of the street, it's the perfect place : that's the only thing that could bother your stay. Everything else is just perfect to live Amsterdam. It's clean, the staff is friendly and accomodant, the double room is large enough, very confortable.We slept very well and it's superbly located. We love the atmosphere. We highly recommand that place.

• 9th Aug 2013

Edwin was very welcoming and made sure we were comfortable. The guesthouse is well-situated next to the Blumen markt, with the main shopping street within walking distance. Many restaurants and bars on the same street as the guesthouse, and very close to the tram stop. We lived in the double room, and we loved it, it's nice and cozy and we immediately felt like home. Strongly recommend it!! :)

Very nice guesthouse next to the Flower Market with a few rooms sharing the bathroom. Cable TV (CNN & BBC) and you can make coffee/tea in the morning, but no breakfast included. Edwin is a very pleasant host and he runs the Downtown restaurant on the ground floor. The only downside is the street noise at night from the bars down the street. But I would definitely stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7