Egmont Eco Lodge Reviews

12 Clawton Street, New Plymouth, New Plymouth, New Zealand

Staff were lovely and the room was good for a one night stay.

I had a great time staying there. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing that bothered me was some mold on the curtain of my window.

Honestly I've stayed at hostels all over new zealand this was the worst experience staying anywhere. Mgmt cleared out my bunk n stuff so they could put other travelers into my bunk I came back at 2 am to find my stuff had been moved outside someone sleeping in my bunk I had pre-booked for 3 days I assumed they had moved my bed, so took a different bunk around 430am the person came back causing a drunken scuffle. No apology and I was hated by all the new travelers. DONT STAY HERE EVER

• 29th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Worst bed ever. Very loud all night. Unfriendly staff (also the owner was very rude).

When we arrived we were told by the girl in the reception that she thought we were two males and there were no room in mixed room, as we had booked. We could choose a 4-bed room instead, but then we needed to pay for it.... The lodge we got instead was cold and without duvets, we were supposed to use our own sleeping bags. The night was terrible, and we got upgraded to a four bed room the next night, but no happy feelings from the reception girl... Apart from this, the place was quite good.

Really nice place and friendly staff

Everything was great. The staff were excellent and helpful and the commonroom was nice. I couldn't fault it!

• 8th Sep 2014