Egmont Eco Lodge Reviews

12 Clawton Street, New Plymouth, New Plymouth, New Zealand

Very friendly and welcoming

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel is located in nice grounds but pretty far from town. When I visited, in summer, there was only about 5 other people there. The reception open hours are minimal.

Quiet far outside of the city centre but nice and quiet location surrounding by a lovely garden. Cozy Atmosphere

Staff were lovely and the room was good for a one night stay.

I had a great time staying there. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing that bothered me was some mold on the curtain of my window.

Honestly I've stayed at hostels all over new zealand this was the worst experience staying anywhere. Mgmt cleared out my bunk n stuff so they could put other travelers into my bunk I came back at 2 am to find my stuff had been moved outside someone sleeping in my bunk I had pre-booked for 3 days I assumed they had moved my bed, so took a different bunk around 430am the person came back causing a drunken scuffle. No apology and I was hated by all the new travelers. DONT STAY HERE EVER

• 29th Nov 2014