Egyptian Night Reviews

13 Merit Basha St. Cairo Egypt, Cairo, Egypt

The staff are lovely but the place is not a hostel for u if u are looking 2 meet people. Its usually rather dead. On the first night, they had overbooked & took me to a lovely room downstairs 2 another hostel. Great room,; very clean and felt homely (none of the usual cold tiling). The 2nd time at Egyptian night, they did have a bed for me. I was bitten by bed bugs & could not sleep, i woke up with bites & my eyelid was swollen up. At 3am, they gave me clean sheets & I managed a few hrs of sleep

Location is great, across the street from the egyptian museum also the staff is very helpful.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Location directly across from the main Egyptian Museum - very cozy ambiance with helpful staff !

They were doing some painting as they are upgrading the hostel it was a little bit noisy but generally i enjoyed my accommodation there it's clean the staff is very helpful i do recommend it.

• 15th Nov 2014

I am very grateful with the people of this place. They gave information about places to visit, even information about places where to try to fix my camera (I had a problem with mine!) The atmosphere is great. I felt like home. Also it is super well located, just in front of Egyptian museum.

improve customer care customer, provide service to solve the problems fast and easy. do not waste time. contradict not always right

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Peru

Well Sir, there were no contradict you extended your stay with the housekeeper who doesn't speak English the same as you too so i'm really curious what was the dialogue between both of you. Although that we offered alternatives and provided a solution that suits you & after all we are sorry for any miss understanding that could happened because of your translators and we will put your review under concern.

Staff was great. It isa nice refuge the heart of cairo. Got a couple bug bites while in egypt but not sure if they were while i was at the hostel because the room looked fairly clean. Overall I would recommend this hostel. Oh and th AC is really cold and nice!!

Positives: Very central. Good location and view from balcony. Aircon is a plus. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Quiet and away from street noise. Negatives: Lots of cockroaches. Bed was broken and very uncomfortable. Piles of garbage and stray cats at the front door (kinda normal in Egypt but they could at least take it downstairs away from the hostel to avoid attracting pests). Owner smokes a lot in the lobby area and can smell it in the rooms.