Egyptian Night

8.5
Fabulous 285 Total Reviews

18th Jun 2017
4.3

VERY LITTLE SECURITY: on many occasions I came in and the reception guy (Sayed) was asleep on the couch. The last time I had to get in a car that was coming to pick me up, and upon waking him, he told me to "chill out" and went back to sleep. Internet does not work in rooms. Upon telling Sayed this, he told me that was not his problem and there was nothing he could do about it. The area is filled with people trying to manipulate you into giving them money, be extra careful.

• djjsimpson8981
  • Northern Ireland, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
12th Jun 2017
6.0

Was an ok experience. The bed was dirty on arrival and wifi didn't work at my bed. Also a bit of confusion for my trip to the oramids, make sure you talk with the owner and spell exactly what it is you want before agreeing anything. They are helpful!

• Germany, Male, 31-40
3rd Jun 2017

A fantastic stay! Egyptian nights is clean, centrally located and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly with a good command of the english language. Ahmed and his team at EG. Nights was able to organize a FANTASTIC tour to Aswan and Luxor and back. Highly recommended that you make use of his extensive knowledge and contacts! If I am back in Cairo I will not hesitate to stay at EG nights again. THANK YOU EG. nights for making my stay in your country easy and accessible. You guys rock!!

• Algeria, Male, 31-40
3rd Jun 2017

I recommand this hostel! I even had free shuttle from airport for my 5 nights booking. The stuff is so lovely. Clean hostel. Good atmosphere. The rapport quality price is amazing. It's well situated, near Egyptian meseum and not far from metro. Thank you for the staff!!

1st Jun 2017
7.1

Good location, right across from the Egyptian Museum. Friendly staff (a bit loopy, but with good heart). Elevator is very dirty and a bit dodgy. Overall, not bad.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
31st May 2017

Egyptian Night is a very clean and nice hostel. The beds are very good and the air conditioning works well. The location is also excellent, it is walking distance to all the markets, the river, the museum and the downtown area. All awesome. The staff really look after you and went out of their way to make sure you are happy.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
28th May 2017
6.3

Stayed 1 night here as we wanted to try a diff hostel, and used their airport service twice for convenience, but taxi is cheaper. Free airport service is fault advertising as it only applies to a few circumstance. Poor communication btw the staff and the driver, which resulted in the driver showing up 2h early at airport. Overall clean, could be better. Staff is okay. The location is a primo location, I'd try something else next time. Most places give you discount in person in current climate.

Ma'am i don't know which part of : "Free pick up from the airport when staying 3 nights or more", that you didn't understand. This has been clearly mentioned in our description so why are you saying that the free pick up offer is fault advertising? Taxi is cheaper than our service!!!!! seriously how much cheaper? and what is the benchmark for the comparison? Is it clean enough? Does the taxi driver speaks English? Simply if you knew that it's cheaper and you trust them Why didn't you take a Taxi? You chose our service twice!!!! Please for your next stay when trying another hostel try to read and understand their description before you book. BTW we didn't charge you for the pick up after all you only paid for the drop off.

• coriianderson
  • USA, Couple, 18-24
11th May 2017

Our biggest concern being in Egypt was safety, but this hostel made sure we were always taken care of as far as rides and booking things to do. We got picked up and brought to the airport which was very helpful. Right away the staff was helping us book excursions and figure out what to do. Before our Nile River cruise we had some time, but our driver through the hostel bought us tea and taught us more about the Egyptian culture. Would highly recommend this, esp for first time in Egypt!

• Bolivia, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

Clean, comfortable and good service. When you arrive, really don't be scared of the sketchy building, the hostel is like an oasis in there, the location is great, everything inside the hostel seems new and they keep it clean Really recommended

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2017
2.6

Worst experience ever. They did not have any idea of my reservation, even when I had booked with months in advance and had confirmed days before arriving. The room they put us in was for 1 person & there were 2 of us, we couldn't even fit in the bed. The bathroom was extremely dirty and smelled. There was dirt in the toilet and I am sure they didn't even change the sheets of the bed before giving us the room. We left after being there for only a couplr of hours. Wish I could get my 21 euros back