Eight Elephants Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

Sorry for delay! Everything was amazing except for the room was a little wet, but I think it was weather's fault not yours:)

• 6th Apr 2014
  • China

A cozy hostel with helpful staffs!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Kind of hard to find the first time visiting. The staff is nice, atmosphere is cozy, but shower water temperature is too hot for me and cannot be adjusted. The hostel is quite clean, except for a very little bit moldy smell in the bedding -- although I suppose that most people wouldn't notice that -- my sensitive nose is to blame. :-) Overall, this hostel is a great choice if you're to make friends with other backpackers!

We could actually adjust the shower temperature! Come stay with us another time we will adjust for youuu :)

I've stayed at Eight Elephants several times because of its incredible staff. Great location and there is always a great group of people to hang out with. If you're looking for a good way to experience Taipei, Eight Elephants is a great starting point!

Really loved this Hostel. Will go there again when go Taipei again. Staff really nice.

Very noisy,bed was so hard,complex,but staff very friendly.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Thanks for your advises : ) We'll try our best to make here a better place.

Close to public transportation ,quiet ,clean,and safe place to stay.

• 25th Feb 2014

Great, cozy place, no complaints!

It was my 2nd stay at the EE and again everything was perfect. Nice staff, good accommodation and a lovely atmosphere. Especially the living room is great and it's almost impossible not to start talking to the other guests or the always nice and helpful staff. I can highly recommend the place. Just I have to say that it can be difficult to find since it is in a side street and doesn't have much of a sign, so better have a map ready and look for the elephants stickers on the entrance.

1) It provides a cozy environment. They have better facilities, cozy sofa, kitchen, washing machine, and book shelf. 2) Location is near MRT, but it takes time to find it out as they locates a little bit far from main road, around 15 mins walking. 3) Staff service is OK. I remembered the first day i was doing check in, but they couldn't remember me. One of female staff is not patient to answer my questions but more interested in flirting with male tenants. 4) Single private room is very nosy.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • China

Nothing much to say, my staying was very nice but maybe you should set up some "activities" to get people know each other. I mean, sometimes at night, people were on their laptop/smartphone instead of chatting or going outside take a drink. I travel alone and I was surprised people were poorly motivated to go out and mainly stay at the hostel at night for movies/reading/...

• 25th Jan 2014

Great place to stay. Love the lounge room, very cozy and family like. Things like movie nights, and just staff and other guests hanging out to chat in the room is great.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Very clean and organised. Coming back soon for sure :D Only problem was finding the place, hang up some signs to the hostel guys. Let everybody know about it ;)

Cannot recommend this Hostel enough. There is a reason why the review scores are so high, this hostel is so friendly you will feel like you are part of a family. When my room was cleaned it was done so with such attention to detail and love and care that I would not expect from a 5 star hotel let alone a budget Hostel. Cannot ask for more than that.

The staff here are awesome! The place is super cool, with good information about local concerts and a great check-in session with the staff familiarizing you with nearby favorite places, plus they have cute signs and decorations pretty much everywhere you look. Decent size beds. Cons: Kind of hard to find (I understand that is typical in Taipei due to legal issues), lockers should be bigger, bathroom not necessarily on your same floor.

I actually loved the fact that there was a "dry area" in the showers for dressing up. Been wanting hostels to have this :)

I stayed here for 3 nights for my vacation. That was my first trip to Taiwan but the staff who took care of me for check-in was very nice and gave me a lot of info about sightseeing around Taipei :) All facilities were also kept clean every day so I could stay here comfortably!

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Rooms are not great in sound insulation but the staff is very helpful. Thank them very much. Location is great and decoration is very sweet.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • China

It was one of the best hostel I've ever stayed people both working and staying there are lovely !! hostel is very clean and cozy !! when I check in the hostel one of staff Sara she gave me all information about Taipei. I had great time and highly recommended if you are looking for place to stay in Taipei !

great place, great crowd and a very homely atmosphere. the staff takes pride in keeping the place clean and they are all really friendly - sets the entire tone right and makes it a good place to meet & mingle!