Eight Elephants Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

While I did not spend to much time in the hostel, I could tell it was a great place to hangout. I enjoyed the interaction between the people who have stayed in the hostel or the ones who are just travelling. Arriving during a Christmas party can be overwhelming but it definitely gave me a comfy warm feeling. All the utilities were working and had no trouble with anyone. It was a bit cold and my bed's boards were broken but nothing I could not deal with, just something to think about.

Dear reader, we appreciate your comment, thank you :) During Christmas was the coldest this winter! So sorry that you felt cold!! We actually have extra blankets for guests. We will make sure our next guests know about this! Also we will fix the bed boards as soon as possible~ And we really suggest all to let us know if there's anything you need during your stay so we can already make your stay better!! We can fix everything and give you a lot of extra blankets

I stayed for 2 nights in the single room at dreaming Dragon.The room was really nice and the bathroom was really clean as well.The gals maintain a great vibe in the eight elephants basement.I loved to hang out there.I arrived on winter solstice day so I was really happy that the girls gave me some traditional dessert to try as soon as I arrived.they also give you a great map of the surrounding area.location is excellent as well 5 mins from Guting MRT.

Fantastic hostel, friendly accommodating staff, no complaints!

• 22nd Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I've ever been to, very friendly and cosy. The staff will help you with anything and is also always in for just watching some TV series and chilling in the common room. Kitchen and bathroom are very clean. Dorm rooms are basic but clean.

Great community vibe. Staff and facilities were excellent.

There are something special about the atmosphere, everybody seems very engaging in lively mood. Staff make the place spotless all the time. This is just a lovely place.

Best Hostel I've ever stayed at in terms of atmosphere. You will have no trouble finding friends to explore the city with. Went there alone planning to only stay two nights. Made many friends the that first night and extended my stay to all four nights that I had in Taiwan. Be carful because once you go there you may not want to leave. Otherwise, the staff is great, place is clean, very close to a fun university area with lots of night life going on.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Very lively place with a stunning common-lounge area setup. Truly the best staff you can ask for - ever so willing to help you out on your queries. I enjoyed my stay 100% Thanks

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • India

A little hard to find but once you get your bearings it's a great little place with easy access to public transport, food, etc. great staff and friendly atmosphere, but wouldn't recommend if you're a light sleeper; thin walls and close vicinity of neighbours means there's always noise. Had a great stay though :)

• 15th Nov 2013

Easy access to Guting MRT station. Love their local breakfast nearby.

The cleanest hostel I have stayed at so far. Great straff, and a really nice common area.

I had a good time during my stay in Taipei with eight elephant! It's a cozy place.The location is great . The staffs are all very nice. And yes, I am sure that I would choose eight elephant again next time.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

Had a great stay at EE hostel! The hostel is very homey, has a nice common room, the rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the staff is amazing! Lockers are available, the hostel is located about 5mins walking distance from the MRT. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Taipei, highly recommended!

Congenial atmosphere and a local hangout for Taiwanese and expats, EE is a great introduction to Taipei. Staff include both locals and foreigners and can tell you all about the city and Taiwan in general, working and studying here or just where to sight see and party. EE is kept very clean, and they even make your bed for you! EE is everything a hostel should be; yes it is sometimes a little noisy at night but that is part of the experience of staying in a place like this!

Rooms are relatively small, so I would suggest to colour them in light colours (maybe yellow). Noise isolation (from air-condition fan on the house next to hostel) would be appreciated (higher wall?). Separate small toilet with shower is also may be possible to be build – as extend of the double-room.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Slovenia

This is a great hostel, convenient location in a student district with a nearby night market, close to the MRT (subway). The staff is super helpful and everything worked well during my stay. There is a good common room on the Eight Elephants side where you'll have a better than average chance to make friends with fellow travelers. Ignore comments from other reviewers about the separation of the Eight Elephants (mostly dorms) and Dreaming Dragon sides; it's not a problem at all.

I really enjoyed my stay there, and i'll definitely come back during my next trip to Taipei. Good location, great staff (very welcoming and professional), clean & confortable beds, nice decoration. Also, i appreciated that there were enough showers and toilets for everyone to use at the same time - it's nice not to have to wait forever for a shower or the bathroom! I give this hostel a 100%, and i'm kind of a harsh reviewer...

1 2 Next » last »