Eighty8 Phnom Penh Reviews

#98 Street 88 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Best Hostel in Cambodia so far. The food is absolutely delicious!!!!

• 17th Sep 2014

Really nice common area. Food and drink were quite good value. We had great breakfasts there. The staff were also very helpful in organising our visas for vietnam and our bus to ho chi min. The location was only ok. We would have liked more bars etc in the surrounding area. We were covered in bites after our time there. Probably mosquitoes...hopefully not bed bugs.

Eighty8 Phnom Penh charged my card for a no-show, despite twice notifying them of cancellation. I should not have been charged IAW with the hostelworld terms and conditions. 13-Aug-14 Booking made. 03-Sep-14 Cancellation email. 07-Sep-14 Reminder of cancellation. 11-Sept-14 No-show charged to card. 16-Sept-14 Complaint raised with hostel and hostelworld (Request ID 913948). 19-Sept-14 Unable to get through to hostelworld on phone. 23-Sept-14 Still no response from hostelworld or hostel.

This place is great! Sooooo good! Everything was perfect, clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff, great common area with pool, bar and restaurant and very relaxed atmosphere! They even have Jamaican cigar on the menu ;) The best place to stay in Phnom Penh!!!

Very nice hostel, was traveling with my girlfriend and stayed in a private room. Both really enjoyed and the hostel is in a great location for both tourists and young people looking to live in Phnom Penh. We both really enjoyed the bar and pool area as well, and they have super cheap drinks and food.

• 5th Sep 2014

Really nice hostel and staff. Couldn't ask for more really. Good for money, clean rooms and bathrooms, though was a little dated. Short tuk tuk to the market and palace, wouldn't recommend walking alone in the area though! Pool area was nice too!! NB - the staff could be a little quieter before 8am. I was woken up at 7am by staff dragging chairs across the floor in the bar area and laughing loudly. I still gave 100% though as it may have been a one-off.

Although the hostel is some distance from restaurants to eat in at night, the food served at the hostel beside the pool was very good and reasonably priced. The swimming pool was very nice, but I think the chlorine was too strong as it may my eyes sting, even though I wore goggles to swim. Overall an excellent value for money hostel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay ay the hostel. There are restaurants nearby but as we are located in a bustling Khmer part of Phnom Penh, they can be easily missed. If you speak to a team member they will gladly give you some suggestions of local restaurants. I am glad however that you enjoyed the food in the hostel. Regarding the pool, I can only imagine it had just been cleaned. We do put a warning sign out to advise guests of this. Enjoy the rest of your travels, Team 88

We had to unexpectedly move rooms to another dorm because they had to do a 'deep clean' they told us. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but they didn't warn us and when we got back from a day trip all our stuff we left on/near our beds was moved by them and they were not accommodating when we had to move our locked bags from the original room. It was pretty odd.

• 26th Aug 2014

Staff were amazing! Good food too but a bit out of the way.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Unfortunately my experience at this hostel was marred by BEDBUGS. Woke up in the middle of the night to bed bug bites and found a few live ones. The manager was super nice about it though, got everything washed and bags steam cleaned and switched to another room. Another problem I had with the hostel was their no outside food/drinks policy. The food is pricey at the hostel. Also no wifi in the room. Otherwise, not a bad place to stay, decent happy hour, can easily find people to travel with

We take such incidences very seriously, unfortunately it is a big problem in SE Asia. We have many preventative measures in place from special bedding protectors, routine steam & daily cleans to steel beds. We pride ourselves on such standards, however we cannot prevent customers carrying such unauthorized guests from there previous travels which was certainly the case here Our job is to react quickly to isolate & resolve the issue without any disruption to others, which is exactly what we did

The hostel was out of the way of the main city centre, however you can't really walk around alone at night, so must take a tuk tuk from the hotel drivers hanging at the exit day and night who pressure you into taking a ride. You are forced to spend time in the bar/pool area as there is no WiFi in the rooms, which is an absolute pain, especially with the horrible dance music blaring all the time. The food was overpriced for what it was, and the hotel overall was definitely not worth the high cost

Phnom Penh is a large city and there is really no centre. We are located a short walk from Wat Phnom and central market, in a bustling, largely Khmer area of Phnom Penh. Which gives you a real authentic view of Phnom Penh. Im sorry if the music was not to your taste. With music, it is impossible to please everybody. We have dorm rooms from $5.90 and you can get 2x Eggs on Toast for $1.50. The rest of the food is priced accordingly as we only use the best ingredients in all of our meals.

For the price I'm very surprised that you not get television or Internet access in the rooms. Almost all other hostels are cheaper, look similar, but better locations and offer free WiFi television. Overall I never return.

Im sorry that you missed out on the great social atmosphere that we have here at 88. We have a spacious and comfortable social bar and restaurant area where we do have a TV which shows live sports events. We also have a relaxing swimming pool to enjoy. No other hostels offer what you get here for the price. TV and WIFI is not advertised anywhere it is available in rooms so I have no idea why you would be surprised that it isnt. You have clearly missed the vibe here at 88. Safe travels

Kudos to the staff! They are all accommodating and very helpful. Only thing that we didn't like is the lack of door in the toilet even though there's a curtain an a fan.

It's situated a bit far from the riverside and bar strips [About 15-20 mins walk], but nothing a short tuk tuk ride can't fix. It has a swimming pool! First time I've seen a hostel have that, and it's a welcome relief from the heat and humidity. The bar is fully stocked and has a well-organized plethora of extras like tours and transfers. It's location also means it's in a quiet neighbourhood - which is a plus for us. The tuk tuk drivers attached to the hostel are trustworthy and friendly.

An oasis in the middle of a bustling street in a crazy city. Friendly staff made it easy to find things to do and tuktuks at the ready made it easy to get around. The laid back pool, bar and lounge areas made it a wonderful place to come back to after exploring Phnom Penh.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel. The bar area is huge and the pool is a great place to meet people.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Eighty8! Enjoy the rest of your travels, Team Eighty8!

The pool was a bonus for the hostel. Plus, the staff were very friendly and helpful as they let my friend Sasha stay free of charge when there was a problem with her visa

One of the best hotels during our trip to Cambodia and Vietnam. This is a great place - a lot of people at the bar, great staff, nice and clean rooms, nice building, a pool. I couldn't recommend it more.

Great hostel with a lively bar and restaurant (though food is a little expensive compared to other places we stayed in Cambodia). Good pool and pool table. Great place to meet people and the staff are friendly and always willing to help. The eighty8 pool party was an awesome night.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Here at Eighty8 we love feedback as its real time views from our customers who have called us home for a few days. Our aim is to continue to not only meet but exceed your expectations. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Eighty8. The pool party rocked! Im not sure where else you have stayed in Cambodia but our prices are comparable. Please note, we only use the finest branded ingredients in all of our food and drinks. Enjoy the rest of your travels, Team Eighty8

25$/night and the room was blank and dirty (settled dust). except a bed. no soap to wash your hands, no place to put your stuff onto (bathroom), no bathroomdoor, no tv, no fridge, NO WIFI IN THE ROOM! windows were black, no daylight, cold neonlight insight. the room had no charme. the tuktuk drivers (which belong to the hotel) were annoying, you cant step out without hearing 10 times "TUKTUK". beware of john, one of the drivers, hes only nice when he can get your money. and he rips off.

At 88 we love constructive feedback as its the only was we can improve our business to continue to meet and exceed our customers expectations. I am however bemused by your statements. Saying we "rip people off" is ridiculous and highly offensive. All the tuktuks operate independently. We register their details just in case. Our rooms are not advertised with a TV, fridge or WIFI? If your stay was as described, you wouldn't have stayed for 2 nights. I suggest you consider staying in hotels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5