Eighty8 Phnom Penh Reviews

#98 Street 88 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Hostel was definitely nice for a night in Phnom Phen. Staff is super helpful which is always most important for me along with cleanliness. No free breakfast but they have a large menu. The bathrooms were great but not super clean. Location is just a very short distance from other hostels but still centralized. Thanks, I appreciate the help arranging my Delta tour!

Was there for a short backpacking trip from 17th November till 20th November. Definitely loved the place and I really liked the tuk-tuk option too! Pretty much hassle free and the owners were really great! Clean dorms and they clean it every day in the afternoon. F&B-wise, nothing much to complain about although the portions are a bit small. Location-wise, it's very near Wat Phnom and had not rouble navigating from the hostel. Definitely coming back again with my friends next year! GJ!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Great Hostel, nice bar, friendly staff, excellent hangout area, good pool with volleyball net and balls which I loved. Great place to meet people get smashed and have a great night. Iwill and have remommended it to people.

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed yourself here! Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you again soon. Team Eighty8

Its quite okay to spend some time in relax and the staff help you with anything kindly

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Great place to stay. The staff are really friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Chanteau is the best tuk tuk driver and night staff member. He is lovely, affable and has the best smile. The food is delicious and the hostel has a great social atmosphere where you can have heaps of fun and make friends. The rooms had big and comfortable beds with a bathroom in each. They were cleaned and serviced daily. Lockers available in the rooms for security. Awesome hostel!

Very nice place, espacially to chill out near the pool or in the lobby.

Thank you for feedback and we are glad that you were able to come to Eighty8 and chill out! I always found when traveling that it was great to find a place that was comfortable and chilled out as the long buses and general strain of traveling can catch up on you. This thought is the essence of the social area downstairs at Eighty8. The cool swimming pool also helps! Enjoy the rest of your travels, thanks for staying with us. Team Eighty8

It's unfortunate that there is no wifi in the rooms. It's only available in the common areas, which can be annoying if you aren't really into partying. It definitely has a younger vibe and both mornings we were there, people were passed out in the common areas. But the rooms were large, bathrooms clean and the air conditioning worked well. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They helped us make bus arrangements. Their tuk-tuk drivers were nice and you can arrange one to take you anywhere.

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I don't think the people who were passed out in the common area in the morning were partying the night before. More than likely they had traveled to us on a night bus and arrived at the hostel in the morning. Having not had a great night sleep and unable to check in there rooms until their rooms had been cleaned, they were more than likely taking advantage of our comfortable social area. Safe travels, Team 88

We're given a room right next to bar with no warning Pool was amazing

If u like sleep this is not the hostel for you. Right under my room was the bar and pool table which meant you can constantly hear drunks 24/7. I did stay 4 nights here tho so to give a fair review the hostel was clean including toilets showers. Lockers for your valuables. Reliable tuk tuk transport.Hostel is 20-25 mins walk to water front. one minute walk to wat phnom. The food is average about 2.50$-3.50$.A good expresso place one minute down the street.Neth the staff boy is awesome!

Really good place. I Highly recommend. Might seem expensive but is really worth it.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels! Team Eighty8

Awesome hostel!! The dorm rooms were clean and serviced daily.There were hot showers and flushing toilets.Each room had an individual locker that fitted our backpacks.We had a clean towel and the room had aircon and a fan.There was a bar, pool table and swimming pool.The staff were really friendly and welcoming.They helped us out with organising visas, buses and a hospital trip.The bar had cheap drinks and a wide variety of food.It was slightly out of town but a $3 tuk tuk easily got us there.

I am delighted that we were everything that you wanted! We take a real pride in our staff and are glad that you had a awesome time here. Enjoy the rest of your travels, Team Eighty8!

Special mention to 'Tu' the night porter, who absolutely completed our stay at Eighty8. He was always smiling, helpful and going above and beyond to make sure that we were safe and happy. Couldn't thank him enough - he was a stand out aspect that made our stay so special. A great asset to this hostel!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Some staff and management were very helpful. However our bathroom was overrun with ants our first night. I said this to reception and asked that they spray the bathroom however all they did was clean away the dead ants - and the same amount returned the next night. In general hostel rooms were very basic and nothing stood out to me to justify paying the price we did.

• 22nd Oct 2014

I am sorry that this was your experience here. Ants can be a problem in this country but this is the first time that they've taken over a bathroom at this hostel. It sounds like we tried to resolve the problem but failed to do so. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Team Eighty8

Me and my girlfriend had a good time at eighty8 the food was good and the staff were even better.

• 19th Oct 2014

Thank you for your kind comments! Enjoy the rest of your travels. Hope to see you both again soon. Team Eighty8

The security could be increased, at least the hostel could provide the locker key. Security is one of the things people would try to look for while traveling. But the staff is great. Even if the location is not so great, the tuk-tuk drivers are all connected to the hostel so we feel safe traveling around with them.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your concerns about our lockers. As noted actually on the lockers, padlocks are available from reception for $2 if you don't have your own already. Most travelers now a days travel with a padlock as many hostels like us have lockers ready for padlock use. We personally found that customer felt more secure by using their own padlock. Safe travels, Team Eighty8

Great staff!

I would definitely recommend and use again.

• 10th Oct 2014

Thanks for the great comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Great place! Swimming pool a plus!

The place is OK. Could definitely be cozier; it feels more like a business than the average hostel, as in you really notice how everything is designed to get more money from you. Also, watch out for bed bugs. The rest of the people staying in my dorm didn't have any issues but I sure did.

Thanks for your feedback. It is an increasingly common occurrence that some travelers arrive with unauthorized guests, particularly coming up from the island & beaches, carrying them on their person, clothes & bags, which would appear to be the case here as they stayed localized to yourself. We have strict cleaning standards & all our beds, pillows, etc... all having specific protectors. We have had no reports, so you may continue to carry them & we strongly suggest you clean & steam your kit

First time back packing staying in Hostels with my son..... Loved it there so much we ended up going back on three seperate passions - many thanks for every thing.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • South Africa

So happy you & your son enjoyed your time at Eighty8, family backpacking is so cool. Safe travels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4