Eighty8 Phnom Penh Reviews

#98 Street 88 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Decent hostel, good bar area and pool. Food cheap as well - although I found the fact they were selling "happy" chocolate brownies to be a bit weird...

A great hostel in a lovely old colonial building with a pool. Enjoyed the stay though just a tuk-tuk ride away from everything. Not really a problem and we'd stay there again.

Great to hear! Please come back soon ;)

Friendly staff, helpful in booking tours and arranging bustickets. Free pick up from busstation. Nice pool and chill out area with bar. Clean rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent experience here at Eighty8. We are a well established hostel and only offer the best and most reliable tours and bus companies. Well done for taking advantage of our FREE bus station pickup. For any future customers, please email us prior to arrival to arrange this. Our email address is bookings@88backpackers.com. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Very nicely done hostel with pool and communal area

Nice big beds, clean room, bathroom a bit dirty. The pool was great and nice food. The hostel is not as social as we thought. The common area is a bit dark and the music is too loud which make it harder to socialize. Although we had a pleasant stay.

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am glad overall that you had a pleasant stay! I am surprised to hear that the bathroom was a bit dirty. Our cleanliness is something that we are proud of here at Eighty8 so we will look into this further. We will look at our music levels as the social aspect of a hostel is massively important. Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

The social space (i.e. the bar and pool) are the real pluses at 88. Our room was clean, but pretty basic for the price. The food in the bar is really good. Some staff could have been more friendly and welcoming.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Wales

we had bedbugs in our room. in the night I checked the bed after I felt some bites. while checking I found body hair which was not mine and a pill on the bed. so not really clean. and all they offered for compensation because of the bedbugs was a bottle of water!

Overall it was everything a hostel should be but there were a few cracks - a light on the stairwell wasn't working, no safety box in the room, key to the bag storage was lost but we were allowed to keep our bags in the main office. Also our main issue, in room 12 & the aircon was useless; staff blamed the heat with the large windows but when you're paying for the deluxe room it would be nice to look out of the windows instead of keeping the curtains closed day and night to stay cool.

• 31st May 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for highlighting the minor things that we can fix and improve. The small maintenance issues have been picked up and acted on by our maintenance team. We have tested the aircon in your room and felt there was no issues with it. We asked an engineer to come and service it none the less. It has now had a full service. Apologies if you felt that this was not working 100% during your stay. Safe travels :)

Good sized bunk rooms, awesome bar/pool combo with plenty of space to chill out, meet other travelers, play pool etc

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it here!

The bar and pool area are really nice and the food is quite good. The trips are cheaper to arrange on your own though. There is a street food and fruit market just outside which is ideal, especially in the mornings.

Thank you for your feedback and advice to future guests. The advantage of using our services for any tours is that we make no commission from them, all of the money goes directly to the tuk tuk driver and you help support them and their families. Also, all of our drivers are resisted and trusted by us. The local market is great for fruit and cheap street food, we love it too :) Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Loved my stay at 88! Great vibe and comfy beds!

Thank you for your feedback. We loved having you :)

Really nice staff who were very helpful. Tuk tuks are always available outside. Bar was good, it was easy to chat to people and pool was a plus. Other people in our dorm were lovely and friendly.

Thanks for this excellent review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Great hostel. Made a few friends but the lay out needs some work. It would be better to have a few big tables instead of all the small tables. Plus the food is a bit pricey and not all that good. Loved the room though. The internet is a bit off&&on too.

Thanks for your feedback. We are in the process of improving our layout so thanks for the confirmation that we are doing the right thing! I am really disappointing to hear your review of our food. Usually the reviews are very good so I can only put this down to a one off occasion. Great to hear you loved the room :) The internet in Cambodia is a bit like that. We have recently improved our speed, routers and coverage to make it the best you can get! Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

It was great having a pool and the bar downstairs, but it was quite loud at night since our dorm had windows backing directly onto the bar. it would have been nice if they turned it down a little after 11 pm.

Thanks for your feedback and its great that you enjoyed your time with us here at Eighty8! The dorm you stayed in is our cheapest dorm and advertised as above the bar. If we are quiet at the bar in the evening, we do start to wind the music down early but if not we keep it going until 12am. We understand the sleep needs of travelers so we never let it go on later than this. Thanks again. Safe travels :)

During my two night stay at Eighty8 was able to meet a bunch of awesome people as well as party hard. Adam behind the bar is the absolute man. Highly recommended to people traveling through phnom penh. Great bar and pool set up w awesome food in a hot ass city.Outside of the homie Adam staff is very friendly except one fellow behind bar. I tried to order ice cream at 1030 and he told me kitchen closed at 10 when it doesn't take much to get a damn scoop of ice cream from a freezer. Overall sweet

• 12th May 2015

Thank you for your comments and feedback. Its great to hear when our staff go above and beyond to meet the expectations of our customers. Even if that is serving ice cream after our kitchen has closed. You now have a legacy at Eighty8...The man that brought ice cream onto our late night snack menu :) Enjoy your travels and if you make it back here, you can have some ice cream on the house :)

Staff was very friendly (specially Sam duty manager) but I had a problem with one guy who work behind the bar. I got the menu, I choose my food but he was too busy talking with one beautiful girl in the bar. I wait and wait... After a while 4 girls arrived and asked for a beer. He served those girls and them i thought now was my turn when another girl arrived and just beside me and he went to her to help with the menu. I wait exactly 10 min and I left. He was drunk and annoying.

• 9th May 2015

Great place! Loved our stay here. We especially liked that have tuk tuk drivers there for tours.... We didn't need to haggle... Prices were there and fair. The rooms were great except that they have a curtain instead of bathroom door. There was 0 privacy which isn't great

Great to hear :) We have done our best to make things as easy as possible for all of our guests so that they can get the most of their time in Phnom Penh. Giving our customers a fair, safe and reasonable price to go and visit all of the must see tourist destinations in Phnom Penh is just part of that. Thanks for your feedback regarding the door, we are looking to change this as soon as we can. Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Pretty decent hostel. Staff were friendly, and the bar drinks were very fairly priced. Pool was super murky, though - you couldn't see the bottom. I didn't even think about getting in.

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We also use only use branded ingredients and fresh fruits in almost all of our drinks! Apologizes about the pool, we put the wrong cleaning chemical into it during your stay and the result was a murky pool. The pool is now fully restored to how it should be :) So sorry once again that you missed out on using the pool during your stay! Safe travels!

English staff were standoffish and unwelcoming. Reception wasn't all that helpful with enquiries.

A cool Hostel with great potential! When I was there, the hostel was not too busy / not as much of a social vibe as Mad Monkey - but that may just be due to low season...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4