Eighty8 Phnom Penh Reviews

#98 Street 88 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Had a lovely time at 88 Phnom Penh. Great atmosphere. Only criticism is to not let in people from other hostels eg to have an entry system whereby only residents of the hostel can use the pool etc because to my knowledge there were some people using the poolside lounge area and pool that had come from a different hostel that didn't have a pool just to use the pool.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Thanks for your feedback and I am really pleased that you had a great time here at Eighty8. We are a social hostel and if other customers that aren't staying in the hostel want to come in and buy some food or a drink and use the facilities of the hostel then we have no problem with that. We think its great to have a good mix of different people as it makes for a more social environment and better atmosphere. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

During our time in cambodia we stayed twice at 88. The first time when we just arrived from Vietnam, we were only staying one but unfortunately my boyfriend got sick, extending our stay was no problem. They are also very kind to arrange bus tickets with a pick up service from the hostel, staff is very friendly. Drinks are nice and food is okay. Pool and common area/bar is a very nice place to hang out. Private rooms are spacious and dorms provide nice and big lockers.

Thanks for your feedback! We do try and help our customers as much as possible so thank you for noticing the extra effort that we go to. We are a well established hostel and only use the best and more reliable bus companies as we know how important it is to get you to your next destination on time and safely. Anyone traveling into Phnom Penh by bus or boat can get a FREE pickup. Please email us directly to arrange this, bookings@88backpackers.com. Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Swimmingpool to cool down. Excellent tour service from reception. Free pick - up from bus station, on 24th pre-notice.

Thank you for your feedback. It was really nice having you stay with us here at Eighty8. We also love our cool pool :) Please contact us direct to arrange a FREE bus station pick up at bookings@88backpackers.com. Hope you enjoyed Lazy Beach! Team Eighty8 :)

Great hostel and very helpful staff, although a little far away from Phnom Penh's main tourist attractions

Very clean air conditioned room, great atmosphere for young hostellers

This hostel has a great location. Tuk tuk drivers are waiting just outside the hostel and will provide day trips for a nominal fee. It has a nice gathering area with a bar and a pool and free breakfasts are included that has good portions. Rooms are nice and clean and our bathroom just had a curtain instead of a door. Comfortable beds and ac. Would recommend staying here.

I got fleas!! Horrible, horrible, horrible. They have cats running around the place and i assume thats where they came from. The fleas also found a nice home in my bag once I left the place. Stayed in the female dorm.

This is typical example of blame where you stayed. Our cat and her 2 adorable 2 month old kittens dont have fleas. Cat fleas also dont live in bags, they live, feed and breed on cats (thank you wikipedia). I think that you have been unknowingly carrying bed bugs around with you. The female dorm has been through a through regular deep clean since your departure and we havn't found any but I am sure that this is what they are. You will need to get your bag and contents cleaned asap. Safe travels.

Been there 3 times ... so far....

We LOVE you! :)

The hostel was very nice and extremely clean! Having a double bed was an added luxury as well as a swimming pool. The bar area was very comfortable and the staff were always friendly. Adam made the best Long Island Ice Tea I've had in a long time. Wonderful stay.

Decent hostel, good bar area and pool. Food cheap as well - although I found the fact they were selling "happy" chocolate brownies to be a bit weird...

A great hostel in a lovely old colonial building with a pool. Enjoyed the stay though just a tuk-tuk ride away from everything. Not really a problem and we'd stay there again.

Great to hear! Please come back soon ;)

they want to be one of the best hostel in Southeastasia but this is the worst that I have been in my live. The room was dirty and extrem noisy although I book a dorm away from the bar. the cleaningstaff sleep at the beds of the guest durring the day when they are not in the room. I would recommend this hotel not even my worst enemy.

Friendly staff, helpful in booking tours and arranging bustickets. Free pick up from busstation. Nice pool and chill out area with bar. Clean rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent experience here at Eighty8. We are a well established hostel and only offer the best and most reliable tours and bus companies. Well done for taking advantage of our FREE bus station pickup. For any future customers, please email us prior to arrival to arrange this. Our email address is bookings@88backpackers.com. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Very nicely done hostel with pool and communal area

Nice big beds, clean room, bathroom a bit dirty. The pool was great and nice food. The hostel is not as social as we thought. The common area is a bit dark and the music is too loud which make it harder to socialize. Although we had a pleasant stay.

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am glad overall that you had a pleasant stay! I am surprised to hear that the bathroom was a bit dirty. Our cleanliness is something that we are proud of here at Eighty8 so we will look into this further. We will look at our music levels as the social aspect of a hostel is massively important. Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

The social space (i.e. the bar and pool) are the real pluses at 88. Our room was clean, but pretty basic for the price. The food in the bar is really good. Some staff could have been more friendly and welcoming.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Wales

we had bedbugs in our room. in the night I checked the bed after I felt some bites. while checking I found body hair which was not mine and a pill on the bed. so not really clean. and all they offered for compensation because of the bedbugs was a bottle of water!

Overall it was everything a hostel should be but there were a few cracks - a light on the stairwell wasn't working, no safety box in the room, key to the bag storage was lost but we were allowed to keep our bags in the main office. Also our main issue, in room 12 & the aircon was useless; staff blamed the heat with the large windows but when you're paying for the deluxe room it would be nice to look out of the windows instead of keeping the curtains closed day and night to stay cool.

• 31st May 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for highlighting the minor things that we can fix and improve. The small maintenance issues have been picked up and acted on by our maintenance team. We have tested the aircon in your room and felt there was no issues with it. We asked an engineer to come and service it none the less. It has now had a full service. Apologies if you felt that this was not working 100% during your stay. Safe travels :)

Good sized bunk rooms, awesome bar/pool combo with plenty of space to chill out, meet other travelers, play pool etc

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it here!

The bar and pool area are really nice and the food is quite good. The trips are cheaper to arrange on your own though. There is a street food and fruit market just outside which is ideal, especially in the mornings.

Thank you for your feedback and advice to future guests. The advantage of using our services for any tours is that we make no commission from them, all of the money goes directly to the tuk tuk driver and you help support them and their families. Also, all of our drivers are resisted and trusted by us. The local market is great for fruit and cheap street food, we love it too :) Enjoy the rest of your travels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4