8.1
Fabulous 1,293 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 1,293 Total Reviews
Eighty8 Phnom Penh Located at #98 Street 88 Phnom Penh, , Phnom Penh.
Cambodia
Phnom Penh #98 Street 88 Phnom Penh
81% 1293
11.5778737 104.9191331
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 18-24
25th May 2016

Great hostel! Not much around it but everything is walking distance, nice pool, big beds.

• India, All Male Group, 18-24
8th May 2016

Absolutely the best hostel of all time

Wow, what more can I say! Delighted that you loved it here :) Enjoy your next destination!

• England, Couple, 18-24
6th May 2016
6.6

This hostel was fine and that's about it, it definitely isn't the best hostel in south east Asia! Don't go by the pictures you see of this place as it looks amazing but the pool is actually more like a puddle and the rooms aren't particularly clean!

At Eighty8 we take all feedback on board as we strive to meet all of our customers expectations and be the best hostel in South East Asia. This is something we are continuously working hard towards. Our mission statement to be the best hostel in SE Asia relies on constructive honest feedback from our guests. I am bemused by your comments about our pool and pictures of Eighty8. How else can you represent the hostel if we dont use photographs? Our pool isn't an Olympic sized pool nor do we pretend it is. Its a swimming pool in a hostel to dip out the heat and craziness of Phnom Penh. Our rooms are cleaned everyday and as our rating of 8.3 suggests. Safe travels.

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Apr 2016
7.1

After hype + "trying to be the best hostel in asia" everything was pretty underwhelming. Some staff are lovely, many seem to hate their job and customers a little, one guy didn't think to tell me an important detail to a sightseer that buses come an hour earlier than you book for, he told me after requested,written my ticket and put the phone down though.... Unfortunately it was really quiet so the atmosphere was dead but such a cool area downstairs. All pretty pricey, and had 50$ stolen...

Thanks for your comments and feedback. We provide lockers in all of our dorm rooms for all of your belongs and have a safe at our reception to keep your valuables extra secure. We offer excellent value here at Eighty8 for what you get but I suppose everything seems expensive if you lose $50! The free bus pickup times can vary so he might have not known the time until he had spoken to the bus company. Obviously giving you this info is important so I will re-brief our reception team on this issue to ensure another customer doesn't have the same experience. I am sure you would have had a better experience here if you wouldn't have lost $50 and didn't catch us on a rare quiet day. Safe travels :)

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
25th Apr 2016

Love this place a lot!! The pool is perfect and I like to stay there/ the common area with my friends. Staff are very helpful too.

21st Apr 2016
7.4

While this is a nice hostel, I would not recommend it for solo travelers. It is better set up to accommodate groups; the hostel puts in no effort to bring strangers together. The wifi is terrible. The hostel is set up nice and clean and the food at the bar is phenomenal. Good place to recharge if you need a few days off from your travels.

Thanks for your feedback. Its great to hear that you loved the food and the chilled out atmostphere. Our wifi is very good and accessible from everywhere in the hostel and we rarely get poor feedback regarding it so maybe the problem was on your end not ours? We will take the rest of our comments on board. Thanks again, safe travels :)

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
8.0

Cool place with a nice atmosphere and good pool. Found it was great for socialising and met some great people. Food was really good and the ATM in the lobby was a life saver! Lockers were a great size and beds were a small double, bathroom doubled as wet room, not my preference but kept clean. Found the staff to be a little lack lustre, not very warm.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016

I really liked this hostel! All of downstairs is one big lovely common area with a great pool and good places to hang out. Staff is so friendly and helpful (even their tuk tuk drivers are nice!!). Took care of visa for Vietnam for us which saved us so much time! It's a little out of town but you can easily walk or take a cheap tuk tuk. Only downside is I got bed bugs, but I still returned to this hostel anyways the second time I was in Phnom Phen!

Thanks for your comments and feedback. I am really pleased that you have stayed with us more than once! I believe a property has a primary duty of care for the comfort, service, and health & safety of its guests. Bed bugs are a global issue and we have many preventative methods in place to prevent them settling and breeding in rooms. We also have a dedicated team that strips and steam cleans rooms on a daily routined basis, once again to preempt any potential issues. What we cannot prevent is other customers bringing them into our business. Once reported to us we have a react and remove policy where the room is completely stripped and cleaned and they are removed. It is very unfortunate if you had this issue while staying with us and I assure you that we do everything possible to stop and prevent this. Safe travels.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
8.0

Great communal area and noce big beds in the upgraded dorms. A/C didn't work very well in the rooms and the bathrooms were a little old and worn.

17th Apr 2016
6.9

Nice looking hostel and was clean. The front desk staff was amazing and helpful, however all three female bar staff were extremely rude and unwelcoming. Good air con and overall had an okay stay.

Thanks for your feedback, I’m really pleased to hear about your experience at our reception and surprised about your feedback regarding our bar staff. I can only imagine it was a communication error or misunderstanding as we usually on receive good feedback about our staff. Safe travels :)