Eighty8 Phnom Penh Reviews

#98 Street 88 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The hostel is a very nice place to stay with a nice area around the pool and on the verandas upstairs. The pool was perhaps a bit cool however. The lockers are a very good size and all the amenities in the room were good.

Thanks for your comments and feedback. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Our pool is cool to give you a nice refreshing break from the heat. Thanks againa nd enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Had an awesome three days at 88. Staff were helpful and kind, everything was very clean, and AC in every room - dorms included - was excellent. Lockers are large, beds are comfy and clean (no bugs!). Would definitely stay again. Only beef (which isn't their fault) is the location is a little too north from the action (lots of prostitution at night between core downtown and the hostel). If you don't mind hiking and tuktuking then it won't be a problem though. Just don't get too trashed at night.

Thanks for your feedback. Its great to hear you had an awesome few days at Eighty8! Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

A good option for Phnom Penh. The girls dorm is very quiet and perfectly clean. The 'sleeping pods' are really double beds in a huge dorm that can be enclosed with a sliding metal door. The AC in the pod room was inadequate and the bathrooms weren't very clean. Dorms are better value. Staff are helpful, especially the lady. Bar and pool areas are great.

Thanks for your comments and feedback. I am disappionted that the sleeping pod room was not as clean as the female dorm. This is not our usual standard. We have now installed additional fans into the sleeping pods to improve the air flow. Safe travels :)

Great hostel, really helpful and sound and for the price you couldn't go wrong! Food was great, maybe a bit pricey? Really nice tuc tuc drivers and receptionists.

Thanks for your comments and feedback. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and in particular highlighted the staff being really nice and helpful. We use high quality ingredients in all of our food and feel it is exceptionally good value for money. Thanks again for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Staff were extremely welcoming and full of energy. Location seemed a little out of the way of anything happening but tuk tuks are cheap and very accessible. Facilities were fine - beds were big, clean and comfortable. Bathrooms are what you'd expect from a hostel of that size. Nothing bothered me. Pool was awesome and appreciated after a hot day visiting the fields and museums. Breakfast was tasty.

This was a great hostel! In particular, I enjoyed the one nite I had in the Pod Room when the dorm was full. I may never get to experience a genuine Tokyo Tube Hotel (too expensive!?!), but from what I can glean from the internet, an 88 Pod is downmarket similar... At 88 the journey was the destination.

Thanks for your review and feedback. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved your pod room experience. The pod room is taken from that concept but we have tried to add some Western comforts, larger beds (big enough to sleep 2), even more privacy (fully enclosed sides with a sliding door for entrance), a reading light and personal power sockets all in pod. For any future customers these are bookable in Hostelworld as "18 bed standard dorm" at $10 a night. Please email us prior to arrival to book it as a pod for 2 people for an additional $5 per night. Thanks again for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Wireless connection - often got disconnected and re-connected again. Hence, frustrated. Shower - not good as need to improve by having a good pressure when showering and the control of hot and cold.

• 6th Jan 2016

Thanks for your comments and feedback. We recognize the need of a modern day traveler to have a quick and reliable internet service. We actually invested into upgrading the speed, getting additional lines put in and making the internet accessible from everywhere in the hostel. It is quick and reliable. It is actually designed to disconnect you after a period of time if you are idle, this keeps it quicker for everyone else. Sorry if you found this to be an inconvenience but is much needed. We are a hostel, not a hotel. We have hot showers in all of our rooms as standard. These aren't hotel-esk power showers, but just a simple hot shower. I think they're great! Thanks again for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

This place is great!! I loved that it was some what away from the touristy area, its easier to go for a walk without being bombarded with tuk tuk drivers. There are a lot of great restaurants within walking distance the next block over is street food galore! (The only problem is you have to eat outside on the balcony instead of in the lounge area by the pool.) The beds are great, really big, and so clean! Staff was great, food was awesome, pool was cool, and my fellow travellers were friendly!

Thanks for your review and feedback. Its really pleasing to here of a guest exploring the local area and trying some of the awesome street food that is a stones throw away from the hostel. We also love our location as we are in a more traditional Khmer neighborhood and we aren't to far away from the main attractions of the city but close enough at the same time. I am really pleased you loved your stay. Safe travels :)

the pillow case, the bedding and the sheets were dirty.

Thank you for your feedback. This is not Eighty8's standard at all. Can you please email me directly some more info regarding when you stayed so I can look into this. My email address is chrisb@88backpackers.com. I am pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us but really disappointed about the issue with the sheets. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

A good enough hostel for a few days in Phnom Penh. Good beds, clean, calm and has a pool. Did not include breakfast as other hostels on my trip did. And it is far away from the centre, restaurants, and tourist stuff you want to see, so ended up paying lot on tuck tucks instead, but walked a lot as well.

The place was really cool. Pool table, pool, cigars at the bar. The staff was ok. There is an English girl at the front desk who was very helpful! The massages are a bit pricey for the country but it was a great massage. This is more for chilled couples or family's. Not a party hostel. Overall the beds in the dorms were very comfortable and new. No real complaints.

Great hostel to stay in. Single beds in the dorm compared to bunk beds which was good. Bar and restaurant was good. Staff were great on NYE they told us to go up to the roof top and have a free beer with the staff. Lovely place, and comfy beds

Awesome big bed. You have your own plug socket and light. Big lockers. You can lock the room. Bathroom is ok, not great. Staff is nice. Food is nice.

Thanks for your feedback. Really pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and especially the room. Thanks again and enjoy your next destination!

Had a great stay. Staff were friendly and provided great assistance when booking tours and buses. Rooms were good and the atmosphere around the bar is great. Would recommend.

• 29th Dec 2015

Thanks for your feedback! We do try our best to assist all our customers in the next aspect of their travels so I am delighted that we were able to help you. Thanks again, safe travels :)

Didn't stay here as I got really ill so had to miss out the city but the staff cancelled my reservation without charging which I really appreciated

My last night in Phnom Penh was spent in a dorm room at Eighty8. Good size ensuite bunkroom with lockers (bring your own padlock!). Bathroom ok. Beds comfortable with own bedside list This and power sockets. Hostel has a small pool and a good sized bar area which serves food. Staff friendly and helpful. The overnight security didn't mind being woken up at 3.30 am to give me a ride I his tuk tuk to the airport.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The dorms were clean and spacious. It is easy to spend a lazy afternoon chilling by the pool or bar area. All the staff were so friendly and helpful and you can book busses and tuk tuk tours from reception. Free tuk tuk pick up was a nice touch. There are good happy hour drink deals and I would recommend ordering the vegetable Amok from the restaurant, it is delicious. I would definitely stay at this chilled out hostel again!

Thanks for your review and feedback. To be called "one of the best hostels I've stayed at" is truly an honor and everything we work towards. For future customers wishing to take advantage of our FREE bus station pickups, please email us prior to arrival. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

We had to spend Christmas here very last minute after a mix up with our Vietnam visas. The staff were very helpful and made our Christmas a great one :)

I had a wonderful stay. I stayed in the POD room, which gives you plenty of privacy and a huge bed! :) also the graffiti was well done. The swimming pool is OK bit very small. The dood is good. I ate here a lot, not too pricey. Only ordering was hard. Not once did they take my order without any mistakes. Especially when you ordered food AND a drink, it became difficult. Staff is further very friendly, will help with anything. Bathrooms not too clean and there seemed to be a lack of toilet paper.

Only stayed one night while passing through but would highly recommend his hostel. Excellent staff and also great pool/ bar area. I actually lost my passport there while staying there and they found it and emailed me about it before I'd even noticed it was gone and kept it safe for me so massive thumbs up and a big thank you!

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do try our best to help all of our guests and know how valuable a passport is when travelling so it was our pleasure to find it and keep it secure for you. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your travels! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4