Eighty8 Phnom Penh Reviews

#98 Street 88 Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Helpful staff, good location, friendly and clean.

It was such a great atmosphere down there in phnom penh at the 88. You can swim in a clean pool, drink in a relaxed lounge, easily book busses to go wherever your next stop will go. Tuk Tuks are waiting outside to bring you somewhere at affordable rates. The happy our prices at the bar are also quite affordable. We had a double bedroom with an own shower and toilet, the so called deluxe room for less than $10 p.p. and night. The minus was the weak mattress. A clear recommendation. A must have

Brilliant stay, room clean and spacious, AC brilliant! The communal area is a great place to either chill or meet other travellers. The pool is cleaned daily and a relief from the heat. Food tasty and good value. Staff are very helpful and if they cannot understand what you need they will endeavour to find out from others. We loved this place so much we are returning this week!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

We really enjoyed our stay and the staff was so nice, but the music at the bar is played about two times too loud all the time. It would be 2pm on a Monday, people were just sitting and reading and eating lunch, relaxing, really low-key, and yet the music would be BLASTING at late-night volume. It's one thing to play that music past sundown when people are having drinks, but tone it down during the day for some peace and quiet.

Bit out of town, BUT a absolute DELIGHT of a hostel. The common area downstairs is great.

Friendly staff, nice food in the restaurant. Rooms and surroundings clean. Slightly far away from things but you can walk it if you don't mind the 20/30mim walk.

It is a little out of the main hub but so nice to have the pool. I will go back when I next Vist Phnom Penh. The food was good, a little high on the price so I ate out most of the time and the drinks at happy hour is the price you should always pay maybe even add in buy 2 get 1 free, the more you sell and create the buzz the more word of mouth will bring people there. Staff keep up the good work, every one I met was friendly and helpful except the PUSHY tuk tuk drivers.

• 25th Mar 2014

Need a door on the bathroom not a curtain! Was a brilliant stay, thank you!

Nice bar and a good little pool however if you opt to stay in the cheaper forms you are right over the bar and it is really noisy

We are a family of two adults and two kids 8 and 5, the hostel was great, we spent 4 days there. we had a double bed and two bunk beds for kids. it was a big room and very quiet, lovely pool, and bar area food was well cooked, excellent! Staff was very friendly and accommodating. we had no problems with music in bar it was in keeping with time of day, relaxing at times good fun at night. Our tub tuk full day tour was well worth doing especially to the killing fields. A fab stay thankyou

Best hostel I have stayed in in Cambodia. Food was great, nice pool, helpful staff

Nice place with lovely pool and restaurant area, food is a little overpriced and breakfast wasn't great for the cost...go next door to the local places! Dorm was spacious and the bunk beds we nice and big. Not walkable to the main part of town but a short tuk tuk ride, make sure the drivers outside don't overcharge, its not far!

Great sociable backpackers in a relatively safe street of Phnom Penh. Still good to avoid carrying a bag on you at night, I heard of two bag snatchings in the one day I was there. Hostel has a great bar and food menu and the pool is lovely (not big enough to swim in but good for a paddle). Wifi is very slow.

Nice bar, bad wifi. Helpful nice staff. Rooms are ok but aircon could be stronger.

The shared space and pool was nice, the room was very very basic with no charm at all. Wifi barely works at all and when it does it only works in the common area on the first floor which is always blasting music. We were on the 4th floor and the road noise kept us up. The staff were nice and the food a the restaurants was decent but a bit pricey.

This is a really fun, sociable hostel with clean, simple dorms, a great bar and lovely pool. The only problem I had there was that the wifi was so slow I couldn't book my next hostel. I was told it was because so many people were using the wifi, but it's a big place so this could be the case every night.

Know that if you do pick the cheapest dorm you are right above the bar. Music is played until midnight and starts again at around 7am quite loud. The food is good and happy hour is well worth it. The location is pretty bad, no local restaurants, atms or minimarts nearby. The tuk tuk drivers waiting in the hostel do get quite annoying. The worst part for me was the staff, it seemed impossible to smile or offer any kind of info. I'm usually not picky but the restaurant staff was just rude.

We are sorry you never enjoyed your stay, we are amazed you missed the numerous local and international restaurants around the hostel (there at least 12 within 3min walk), an ATM at the end of the road and a mini mart within 4 mins walk, not to mention two Khmer shops right opposite the hostel. We love our staff but you need to remember English is their second language and occasionally they may fail to communicate properly. Safe travels.

We stayed here for four nights beginning of march, really chilled out atmosphere in the communal area. Pool table, tele plenty of seating area. Staff very polite and helpful. Wide variety of food very good standards.Tuc tuc drive away to main places not expensive. Would definitely stay here and recommend!

• 4th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed staying here!the prices are ok there is a happy hour for cocktails and nice music all day long.The rooms are big enough and they're getting cleaned every day!nothing to complain about!

• 3rd Mar 2014

I stayed here twice and plan to stay again before leaving SEA. In my opinion it is more or less the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It has a large lively bar area and pool which is great for being social or just relaxing with a drink. It was always a relief to get back into the oasis like courtyard after a hectic day in town. Be warned the relaxed vibe can result in very lazy behavior. I stayed in a private room on both occasions which was basic but immaculate. Highly recommended.

Thanks for your great feedback, we can't wait to welcome you back. Safe Travels

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4