Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

The staff were extremely helpful, especially David who gave us lots of useful information. Room was comfortable and kitchen facilities were good

• 22nd Jul 2014

excellent hostel. the personal would, have organized our whole tour if we wanted. very freindly personal. great choice!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Well equipped kitchen, nice design.

I was originally dismissive of this place after first arriving. I quickly changed my mind as three of the hotel staff woke me up with the greatest head of my life. We proceeded in doing explicit things till the early morning. Thanks Ekeko I will gladly cum again

• 13th Jul 2014

Chris, David and Julia are helpful and warm-hearted. They made my stay in Ekeko feel like home. Thank you guys!

Good clean hostel. Bit if a walk to get to Miraflores, but not really an issue. The staff were very helpful.

• 11th Jul 2014

Especially the staff were great: full of good advice and super helpful!! i really enjoyed my stay :) The big kitchen and the cosy living room make it really easy to get to know other travellers.

Very nicely finished hostel. It's got some good chilling areas which helped create the nice atmosphere while we were there. Kitchen is good and the breakfast above average. The staff are really nice and help you out with anything you need. Location is good, supermarket 2 blocks away and metro station 15. It's also very save and chilled the area. I would recommend this place

David was the perfect host - very friendly and focused on making sure our needs were met. He arranged transportation to and from the airport and gave us tips on things to do in the area.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Miraflores is a good area to stay in.

Ekeko hostel was nice, the rooms were clean, but the mattresses sucked (really thin - you feel like you are lying on the wooden boards underneath).

The hostel itself was pretty decent, the problem came when we wanted to leave our bags there till midnight, which wasnt allowed. When we asked if we could rent a bed and leave the bags we were told that this wasn't allowed either. Finally we said that both of us would pay for a night's accommodation, and for some reason this wasn't permitted. Until this point I'd enjoyed the hostel, but this ruined it.

We stayed in a private double which was generally a good standard but would not advise if it rained as there were a few gaps in the ceiling. Location was good for walking into Miraflores; breakfast is bread and jam and tea/coffee. Overall nice place with friendly staff but I think there are probably better hostels out there.

Very nice location, not in the central Miraflores but you don't want that. Very close to supermarkets, bus station.Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Romania

One of my favorite hostels ever! Great atmosphere and great vibe!

I was at Ekeko for only one night and stayed there because it was the only place with private room with private bathroom at a very reasonable price. The room was very clean, sheets smelled freshly out of the washer, room was very nice with a tv and clean bathroom with hot shower. It is a quiet hostel but feels like home and so everyone is social. Location is a bit far from the action but its easy just grab any bus that goes down the main road and you're in the action! Staff was very friendly.

Everythings good about this hostel except for the atmosphere - or lack thereof. Its almost frowned upon to have a few drinks in the courtyard area. Theres a slight air of awkwardness between guests because of this. So by all means if you want to chill out by yourself, come here. But if you´re looking to interact with other people then this is not the hostel for you. Staff are nice though

The staff at the hostel was the best part. Leo is a fellow traveler so he gives some inside tips in making your stay easier. David is from Lima and is a little cooky but extremely helpful! I also liked the hostel atmosphere. It´s not really a party hostel or anything but it´s easy to meet people here. The location isn´t great due to the fact that it´s a bit far from anything. The only bad thing was the bed I was in! It was dropping in the middle so it would force me to sleep in fetal position.

I had a wonderful stay at Ekeko! The staff were very helpful and friendly. When I return to Lima, I will book with them. The single room that I had was very sufficient and had a bathroom right next to it. I met a lot of wonderful other travelers and made great friends. The location is near everything you need...if you cross the expressway, there are a lot of awesome little restaurants, street vendors for a very reasonable price. I'm very happy I stayed there. Saludos!!!

The 2nd time we stayed at Ekeko. Many thanks to David and Lio for making our stay awesome again. A good place to meet other travelers and very well situated. It's very close to the buses to the centre. It is a 15 min walk to the eating part of Miraflores and 5 min walk to a very big supermarket and 2 very big souvenir markets. This hostel is perfect to start your trip and/or to end it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3