Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

We had a great time, the host was lovely and very helpful and speaks lots of languages.

• 24th Aug 2015

Very convenient location, friendly and helpful staff. Good choice for Lima stay!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Great people here and there very helpful , Definitely felt comfortable.

In my opinion the best value for $$$ stay in Lima

Good hostel, staff were friendly and helpful. Plug sockets and light by all beds. Breakfast was provided And had a communal kitchen. Good place to meet other backpackers

There was no water at all (no running water from the tap, no water for showers, no flushing toilets) for the morning and afternoon that we were there. It's a pretty basic hostel anyway but not being able to have a shower before a 18 hour bus journey was pretty ridiculous.

Hey guys, we communicate, the problem was around Miraflores because of some repair in the matrix system, and that's not always wrong, apologize, but the water back in the evening. That was a problem we can not handle being around Miraflores and secure his return will never happen to water because that court is not often.

Great hostel, not comercial, good size kitchen, ok iternet and nice helpful staff in a nice location in miraflores

We had a great tome there and hope to come back soon. Breakfast could be improved.

• 26th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff! Helpful and aproachable

Really liked this place. Staff were really helpful and the location is short walk to the main miraflores area. Very relaxed atmosphere in the hostel.

The staff is really friendly and helpful, specially David! Other than that, the hostel is not outstanding: the rooms are fine, bath is a little cold, breakfast is good and WiFi works fine. Location is not that great, about 15 minutes walking to Miraflores main attractions. Also, it is not a good hostel if you're looking to meet people and make new friends, since the common areas are small and mostly empty.

There is a reason this place is often fully booked out! It's the little things - genuine service, decent WiFi speed, chilled out vibes. In terms of value for money in Lima, Ekeko is a gem. It's a few blocks away from anywhere which means a taxi ride if you're going out solo at night, but promises a nice and familiar stay. If you don't want big and impersonal "party hostel" vibes then this place is perfect.The showers are electric but they do the job.

Thanks Tony for your review, and I'm Sorry you couldn't stay more days because we was full, but I hope see you next time

Overall good hostel in a safe location. Breakfast includes tea/ coffee, bread, and spread. The staff member David was amazingly helpful, they try to accommodate as best they can and when you check in provide you with a great map of miraflores and centro.

The staff were very nice. The bathrooms were a bit rundown, but they worked fine. The place was in a nice area, but a little ways from the main stuff, but still I thought it was a pretty good location.

I think it's probably the cost of Lima itself but I wish the facilities were better like a kitchen to get breakfast at or hot shower and lockers inside the rooms.

Ekeko was really fun. It had a relaxed chilled out vibe and the staff were super helpful. The kitchen there is also great! It's big and has everything you need. Hot showers worked well also.

You definitely get what you pay for with Ekeko. The bathroom was consistently dirty and the kitchen had an ant problem. I scheduled an airport pickup but was not picked up. I was left to find a taxi in a strange city by myself around midnight. I was not compensated for this error. They also collected the wrong amount of money when I paid and I had to go get more cash the morning I left to pay more. Beds are thin.

Security is great (locked gate and door), and location is easily accessible. Other than low water pressure in the shower, I have no complaints.

Friendly little hostel in a quiet street in Miraflores, close to public transportation and lots of things in walking distance. Warm & cozy atmosphere with a comfy living room and huge breakfast table.

• 31st May 2015

We found the staff at Ekeko to be extremely helpful and friendly. We also found the hostel to be in a great location that was very safe due to the constant presence of police in the surrounding area. Our only issues were that the private dorm didn't contain lockers like the shared dooms which meant our belongings were not secure. We also found the general cleanliness of the bathroom to be below standard.