Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

A nice hostel in a great location just north of Miraflores restaurant district so an easy ten minute walk to all the activity, but far enough away that it is quiet. There is a large communal kitchen which we didn't use but seemed to be well equipped, large living area and courtyard. Wifi was a bit sketchy and provided breakfast was just the standard roll and jam with instant coffee but for the price was fine. The main problem with this hostel is the bathroom situation. There is one unisex toilet

Great stay at Ekeko Hostel in October 2014 for two nights with my partner. David was really friendly and helpful in planning our tour of Lima. The common area for breakfast and socializing was very open and I liked having one big table to sit at to meet other guests. Location was close to the buses to downtown and right in Miraflores.

Friendly, comfy, cheap! A few other things would've made my stay perfect—hotter and stronger showers, a fuller breakfast, WiFi that extends to rooms—but for the price, the location and, I have to stress, the NICEST and most helpful reception staff I've encountered, this is a good place to rest your head if you're on a budget. When, spontaneously, I needed to extend my stay but they were full, the receptionist (who, btw, was multilingual), helped me place calls to other hostels until I found one.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

What can I say, the receptionist is a sweatheart and will do anything for yu. He s very talkative, patient, interesting and interested. He made my stay wonderful. otherwise the place is clean, the living room very comfi. It was very pleasant. Very close to Pyramids, 15 min walk from the heartbeat of Miraflores, close to supermarket. Best value in town!

David was so helpful, happy and friendly to absolutely everyone all the time. What an asset to this hostel.

Everybody at Ekeko Hostel made my first days in Lima a very good start for my stay here. The people were really nice and helped me a lot with all my questions. A wonderful place to stay!

• 30th Sep 2014

It is a perfect hostel for a short stay. I love the location, the common area, the kitchen and the rooms area really nice. The only problem is the shortage of bathrooms. There is only 1 in the second floor and 2 in the first floor. Leo and Cristian are great, they are part of the staff!

Good place to get some rest. If you´re looking to find friends or a party, this is NOT the place.

You get what you pay for... Not a bad hostel but the double room didn't smell really clean! Really little water but at least hot in the shower. Didn't try breakfast as we left really early in the morning

The staff at Ekeko is the most friendly you'll ever find and always up for a smile. Ekeko is peaceful, quiet and has a living room to relax and chill in - if this si what you need then Ekeko is your place to go to!

all was ace - with cool staff having all the info needed for no only a grand time in Lima but for the path through Peru..

all was ace - all the atmosphere info and cool location to put me in good stead for not only a good stay in Lima but a grand trip in peru - cheers

Really enjoyed our stay in Ekeko. The atmosphere is great and the staff is always willing to help. The building could use a couple of fixes and the breakfast could be better.

Great hostel. Dorm was good, had power outlets and shelf in bed for your stuff. Breakfast in the morning was basic but had nice fresh bread and coffee. Staff were great, David helped us with making bookings and gave us lots of information on check in. The location is very safe and very close to shops, restaurants etc. + there is a great cafe 30sec walk from hostel. Was quiet when we were there but made it nice to watch a DVD and have a beer.

we were only here for 1 night, but the beds were comfy. bathroom a bit dated looking, but shower was fine. huge kitchen and great staff, location is great, right in miraflores, and just round the corner from an amazing supermarket (wong's)

Very good hostel, simple and does the job well for those arriving or leaving this 1-night-stop city. Staff operate shifts so desk is always manned and are VERY helpful and friendly, they will help you with anything, even locating 5 bookstores with top accuracy for us. The breakfast is simple but ample, and there is plenty of space to relax - The hostel never felt crowded and during the day was quiet. Rooms and bathrooms clean. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Very homely hostel, chilled out vibes with a lot of facilities. Large kitchen, tv room decked out with couches and a whole array of movies to choose from. Locations great as it's close to everything needed! Real cheap as well.

• 1st Sep 2014

Nice place with clean room and comfy bed! Plus hot water!!!

Nicest staff - David was so helpful about everything - and he laughted a lot!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Denmark

First of all David and Leo were both very helpful and friendly and offered lots of recommendations for places to eat etc. The lounge was nice but in general the place felt dirty and mouldy, especially the bathroom upstairs. We had a double room with shared bathroom next door. The room was spacious, but smelled damp. The wall facing the bathroom had clear signs of water damage from the bathroom. This was our first hostel in Peru, but compared to Ecuador and Colombia it was poor value.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4