Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Good stay at this hostel - firstly the staff are all very friendly and helpful - once checked in they give you excellent map and recommendations - the facilities here are good except no hairdryers - location good,safe and quiet, 10 mins for parque Kennedy - Huaca Pucllana is right beside it. Our room (Double, private ensuite) had bit of shady construction but overall highly recommend.

My friend and I booked this hostel for two nights, and ended up staying five nights. Best staff in town, quiet neighborhood, very cleanly, great price, free breakfast, internet works, artistic and good environment. Very multilingual! Go go Ekeko!

• 29th Nov 2014

Really friendly staff, I organised the airport pick up as well and was a great intro to Peru! Very friendly and helpful staff. Beds were adequate and it was nice to have a little light on the bed too. There was only two toilets for the place, which was a little annoying but manageable. Close to the supermarket and a nice stroll to he city centre. Thanks guys!

Top hostel second time their and would reccomened to any traveler! Good kitchen, good staff and good chill out zones!

Over all it was a great money's worth, the only thing is the place needs a small "face lift" other than that, it was quite, small, free breakfast, super nice staff and great location. Defiantly would recommend for backpackers traveling through Lima

Awesome staff and great atmosphere. Will visit again someday!

Good location, a few walking minutes from the party area, so it ain't too noisy at night. But still good connected, bus stop 5 minutes away, as are supermarkets. Very friendly and helpful staff that speaks multiple languages (eg. Spanish, English, German, French). In addition big kitchen and nice common area to hang out and meet people.

It's a quiet hostel on the outskirts of all the shops and cafés of miraflores, about a 5-10 min walk. Really nice clean hostel with a great kitchen nice chill out areas, free brekky and very helpful staff. A good choice if your not looking for a party hostel and to meet other travels. Enjoyed my stay and would highly reccomened it.

Small hostel (

Great Staff, very helpful. Near a main street so it's easy to take a bus to the city's center or the beach. Very near an archeological site (Huaca Pucllana). Breakfast somehow basic but free, which is a plus ++. They offer airport transfer for a reasonable price, even very late at night (I arrived in Lima past midnight) Room was tiny but clean and comfortable bed . Overall a great experience, I would recommend to anyone looking for a budget room in a nice hostel.

Loved our stay at Ekeko! Location in a quiet neighbourhood, right next to interesting pre-inca ruins, and walking distance from Miraflores centre. Best part is the wonderful staff who will help you with absolutely anything. Facilities are all right, but they should renew their kitchen facilities (kitchen itself is huge though).

A nice hostel in a great location just north of Miraflores restaurant district so an easy ten minute walk to all the activity, but far enough away that it is quiet. There is a large communal kitchen which we didn't use but seemed to be well equipped, large living area and courtyard. Wifi was a bit sketchy and provided breakfast was just the standard roll and jam with instant coffee but for the price was fine. The main problem with this hostel is the bathroom situation. There is one unisex toilet

Great stay at Ekeko Hostel in October 2014 for two nights with my partner. David was really friendly and helpful in planning our tour of Lima. The common area for breakfast and socializing was very open and I liked having one big table to sit at to meet other guests. Location was close to the buses to downtown and right in Miraflores.

Friendly, comfy, cheap! A few other things would've made my stay perfect—hotter and stronger showers, a fuller breakfast, WiFi that extends to rooms—but for the price, the location and, I have to stress, the NICEST and most helpful reception staff I've encountered, this is a good place to rest your head if you're on a budget. When, spontaneously, I needed to extend my stay but they were full, the receptionist (who, btw, was multilingual), helped me place calls to other hostels until I found one.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

What can I say, the receptionist is a sweatheart and will do anything for yu. He s very talkative, patient, interesting and interested. He made my stay wonderful. otherwise the place is clean, the living room very comfi. It was very pleasant. Very close to Pyramids, 15 min walk from the heartbeat of Miraflores, close to supermarket. Best value in town!

David was so helpful, happy and friendly to absolutely everyone all the time. What an asset to this hostel.

Everybody at Ekeko Hostel made my first days in Lima a very good start for my stay here. The people were really nice and helped me a lot with all my questions. A wonderful place to stay!

• 30th Sep 2014

It is a perfect hostel for a short stay. I love the location, the common area, the kitchen and the rooms area really nice. The only problem is the shortage of bathrooms. There is only 1 in the second floor and 2 in the first floor. Leo and Cristian are great, they are part of the staff!

Good place to get some rest. If you´re looking to find friends or a party, this is NOT the place.

You get what you pay for... Not a bad hostel but the double room didn't smell really clean! Really little water but at least hot in the shower. Didn't try breakfast as we left really early in the morning

« first « Prev 1 2 3