Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Friendly and helpful staff. Good location in a safe and quiet neighborhood. However, the building is run down, the matresses are old, showers are bad. Overall, poor cleanliness especially in the toilletes.

your comment we consider it is unfair, anyway thanks

David is the best!

• 26th Dec 2015

David was friendly and helpful! Nice lounge area and kitchen. Really basic breakfast. My two complaints are that wifi did not work at all in the bedrooms. And the bathrooms were really limited and poorly maintained, single stalls meant it was hard to get in to brush teeth and use toilet in the morning when people are showering. Often they didn't have toilet paper and the toilet seat was not attached to the toilet! So it always fell on the ground and slid around.

Ekeko hostel has a very fun, great atmosphere, never once felt unsafe. The guy at the front desk is extremely helpful and a great guy. Everything you need is walking distance. Beaches, museums, markets and great food!

• 13th Dec 2015

Staff was amazing, however the bathrooms were awful! The water wouldn't work half the time! That's a big deal breaker for me. Kitchen could use an upgrade... But that's most hostels. If the staff wasn't so nice and helpful I would have a worse review.

When I walked in I was a little worried, but then when I was created by the staff I was able to relax. This is a small hostel and the facilities are clean, but nothing too nice. Overall it was all I needed and I feel it was fair for what I paid.

• 22nd Nov 2015

This is a really nice hostel in Miraflores, The staff are very friendly and helpful, they gave me a lot of attention and gave me a lot of advice about everything there is to do in Lima. The hostel is very clean and everyone I've met has had a very positive attitude. I'm glad I chose to stay here and will return again in the future. Thanks !!!

• 18th Nov 2015

If you're going to Peru I would highly recommend you staying in Ekeko hostel. I've already stayed there three times, because they are very friendly and always want to help you. Also the atmoshpere of hostel is realy great, location is perfect. They' ve everything you need in Lima. I love this place!

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Poland

For a hostel, this place is quite ok, pretty basic but clean. Special thanks go to David who is probably the best receptionist ever as he is very nice and extremely helpful guy, don't hesitate to ask him anything. to Ekeko owner: please, give him a raise, he es really worth it;-) Ekeko offers taxi transfer for 20USD whic we used 3 times, once the seatbelts were not working - here is the room for improvement!

Just an okay hostel, nothing really bad and nothing really good.

The rooms are very basic. The kitchen is large if you are cooking for yourself. The main plus point is that Christian who is the owner speaks perfect English and could not be more helpful.

• 29th Oct 2015

The staffs are excellent, warm and kindly helpful. The facilities are needed to repair, paint and rearrange. My opinion is to make breakfast time a little earlier such as 7AM, now 8;30AM with improving service and menu. A better system of cleaning is recommended.

We immediately liked the atmosphere. Also the staff is very welcoming and show an interest. However, the beds are really bad. A very thin mattress (in the dorms) so you lay almost directly on the wood. There's only 2 showers (with toilet) and 1 extra toilet, which is just barely enough. Moreover one of the showers is in a shed in the garden with almost no room to put your things. The kitchen has a few utensils and all are heavily dented. Breakfast is white bread and jam. Would not recommen

Good value option than some of the other more lively hostels. 10 min walk to parque kennedy and quiet comfortable rooms. Lovely large lounge area with huge tv. Internet was down 1 day i was there which was an inconvenience as I needed it badly that day but a good budget option.

Mold smell, paint peeling, electric shock in shower, bathroom and bedroom are not places to walk bearfooted!

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks to David, the host, we felt completely at home here. He had plenty of advice and even helped us learn some Spanish! The room and beds were comfy and clean and there were lockers in the kitchen area. Only downside was the bathroom facilities. The showers need a refurb! Overall felt like a home from home to us.

The first impression of this place is not great when you walk in and the atmosphere is a bit weird. However the room was clean, the shower was hot, and the location was perfect. The value is unbelievable for a room a private room with an ensuite bathroom, so I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to others. The staff was also very helpful in figuring out what to do and how to get there.

I have been the 4th time to Ekeko and i always enjoy the time there. The relaxing and nice vibes in this hostal is the best after exhausting trips and flights. Ekeko got so friendly workers and chilling with cool people at the livingroom and cook tratitional food from the lokalmarked with great musik, makes you feel like home. Beautifull parks and the great ocean are close and prepare for good partys in miraflores. All in all ekeko is Number one on my list of flavourite hostals in southamerika.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

thank you very much for all of your visits, and i hope you will come back more times, safe trip and good vibes!!!

We love Leo and David, they were immensely helpful.

Linen and towels are very dirty. They have no real and save luggage room.

you say to me you are not sure, because your backpacks comig from the airport without any locks and you also travel without eny lock in your luggage, so why you say this happend here?, any way, it was not here, I'm Sorry ladys, it never happend here because on the reception always there is some one