Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

There is a reason this place is often fully booked out! It's the little things - genuine service, decent WiFi speed, chilled out vibes. In terms of value for money in Lima, Ekeko is a gem. It's a few blocks away from anywhere which means a taxi ride if you're going out solo at night, but promises a nice and familiar stay. If you don't want big and impersonal "party hostel" vibes then this place is perfect.The showers are electric but they do the job.

Overall good hostel in a safe location. Breakfast includes tea/ coffee, bread, and spread. The staff member David was amazingly helpful, they try to accommodate as best they can and when you check in provide you with a great map of miraflores and centro.

I think it's probably the cost of Lima itself but I wish the facilities were better like a kitchen to get breakfast at or hot shower and lockers inside the rooms.

Ekeko was really fun. It had a relaxed chilled out vibe and the staff were super helpful. The kitchen there is also great! It's big and has everything you need. Hot showers worked well also.

You definitely get what you pay for with Ekeko. The bathroom was consistently dirty and the kitchen had an ant problem. I scheduled an airport pickup but was not picked up. I was left to find a taxi in a strange city by myself around midnight. I was not compensated for this error. They also collected the wrong amount of money when I paid and I had to go get more cash the morning I left to pay more. Beds are thin.

Security is great (locked gate and door), and location is easily accessible. Other than low water pressure in the shower, I have no complaints.

Friendly little hostel in a quiet street in Miraflores, close to public transportation and lots of things in walking distance. Warm & cozy atmosphere with a comfy living room and huge breakfast table.

• 31st May 2015

We found the staff at Ekeko to be extremely helpful and friendly. We also found the hostel to be in a great location that was very safe due to the constant presence of police in the surrounding area. Our only issues were that the private dorm didn't contain lockers like the shared dooms which meant our belongings were not secure. We also found the general cleanliness of the bathroom to be below standard.

This hostel felt a lot like hanging out at your stoner friends house - super relaxed, but in a kinda dirty smelly way. Good kichen, wi-fi and hot showers, but the WORST bed I've ever slept in. The area felt very safe, but was a bit too suburban... I would maybe suggest staying in Barranco if you prefer a more authentic Peruvian vibe.

realy good hostel.at the middle of miraflores.the staff are realy nice-leo and david amazing and the rooms are realy nice

The hostel is in a very calm area. The neighborhood is very safe and close enough to get to the main spots of Miraflores by walk. Internet connection is very good and facilities of the hostel make you feel like in your own house. Staff is really friendly and helpful, specially David who is very willing to talk, learn from our stories and give you any indication you may need to go around.

Awesome,staff is very very nice and helpful,he know everything you need, Bed is comfortable and big,highly recommended!

One of our best hostel experiences!! Nicest and most helpful staff we've ever met - they went above and beyond to help us find things in the city, and made sure we were comfortable from the start. Staff was multilingual, which made the American, French, and German patrons all feel extra welcome (Italians and Brazilians would have felt at home too)! Everything clean, beds were comfortable, and the hostel had such a great, open atmosphere. Highly recommend!!!

I have mixed feelings about Ekeko. It's really grimy, student house kind of grimy, it really needs a deep clean and a paint. Just a little effort would go a long way. Also. The sheets had stains on them and all of us in the dorm could feel the slats through the worn down mattress. Despite all this the atmosphere in the communal areas was very cosy and nice, and the staff very helpful. Although, it sometimes felt they were trying to over compensate for a dirty hostel!

Staff was friendly and informative, particularly David who took his time to give us good information about Lima. Highlights- use of the large kitchen, small lockers for valuables, good size of room, and the patio in the back was gorgeous. Could have been better: cleanliness, location (it was the farther end of Miraflores, closer to San Isidro), wifi was not great and didn't even work at all in the private rooms, and they didn't have the hairdyer or computer that they had advertised.

Great staff, good location, good breakfast, hot showers !

The hostel is very nice, just in the center of Miraflores. There is a small garden in which you can spend lot af time talking with people. The atmosphere is friendly and the people that works there are very funny and kind. We feel like at home!

Nice quite location, 20 min walk to nightlife of Miraflores. Safe to walk around all night. Good speed wifi in the common area. Because it is a small hostel it really depends on the other guests to whether it is social or not. Some nights were, others weren't. Staff were helpful but often overestimated the difficulty of getting public transport etc.The only bad points is they won't allow non guests into the hostel and despite lots of cleaning the bathrooms appeared dirty - they need renovation.

We stayed one night here. The staff were sooo helpful and nice. He even paid for our taxis because we had no change. I defenatly recommend staying here. The dorm was cheap for Lima.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Overall a nice hostel whit great staff! 10 to 15 min walk to Kennedy Park.