Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

We traveeled as a couple, stayed there for 5 nights in the dorm. It was pleasant experience. The location is close to supermarket. 15 mins walk to mirafore downtown. A little farther down to waterfront. The hostel itself is clean. Common room is very good for hanging out and mingling with other travelers. Internet is fast in the common area. Kitchen has most of utensils to use. Breakfast is basic. The manager David is very polite and helpful. Definitely recommend.

super nice place to stay, safe area, really friendly staff, helpfull and nice peoples, had a great time there =) love it and i really recommend this hostel. el mejor lugar en lima pe

Staffs are friendly!. Good value for money. Not far from Supermarket. Wifi is fast.

Nice rooms, David is extremely helpful and very nice.

• 2nd Dec 2013

Loved my stay at Ekeko. Everyone was so friendly and informative. Thank you David for all your good tips. Can't wait to return to Lima

Great people! Great location! Great Service! and great breakfast!!

Great Hostel, very safe and clean hostel, a lot of thanks to christian and david, very good and nice staff, we had a great time in the ekeko hostel. :) thanks guys, we will see you again (at 06.12.2013 when we come back from bolivia) :) greetings and hugs

• 12th Nov 2013

Nice attention, good price, but they should remodel the bathrooms, and have them cleane. Other than that 5 stars for the rest.

Very nice quiet hostel in a residential street in Miraflores. The staff was very friendly and helpful answering questions about Lima and travelling through Peru, booking bus tickets etc. The hostel is not one of the large party hostels, it feels more like living in a family. I enjoyed my stay very much and I would definitely return!

lovely staff working there...clean and quiet, just the beds are a bit uncomfortable....would stay there again :)

The hostel is good and very well located in Miraflores, excellent care, as a recommendation would improve the cleanliness in the bathrooms

An average hostel with friendly and helpful English-speaking staff. Breakfast is served at 8.30 without flexibility which meant we missed it both mornings as we had early appointments in the city. Ok bunk beds. No key for the dorm door but the outside gate is always locked which feels safe. Hot water is heated with electric shower head which worked okay. Big kitchen. Wi-fi only at reception. Good price. Towels included.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

Ekeko hostel is a great choice if you want to stay in a safe neighbourhood and meet nice people in Lima. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and there was a living room with lots of DVDs and a kitchen to cook and get to know other travellers.

I had good expectations of this hostel due to the reviews I read over here. Unfortunately, the place is not in a good condition. The staff was nice and helpful, but the facility need some urgent renovations. There’s only one communal shower for the whole hostel, which makes it obviously the building’s most untidy corner. Molded ceilings, walls with broken edges and rooms not well lit at night were some of the main issues. The only bright side is the location right next doors to Huaca Pucllana.

I was very pleased with this hostel. The staff was great, especially David.

• 24th Oct 2013

Fantastic hostel. Lovely staff, clean rooms, hot water, great breakfast. Bit noisy though

This is a great place to stay! ALL of the staff was so helpful and friendly. Christian gave me a bunch of maps and helped me with anything I needed. David and Giuseppi are awesome too and they told me great places to go and I had interesting conversations with them. Their English is excellent. The guests are great too.I met two travelers from Brazil and Germany and spent the next two days with them. It's 5 soles for a taxi anywhere in miraflroes and 7-10 to Barranco. Hot showers, pressure is low

• 23rd Oct 2013

Lima is huge, so everywhere seems to be far away but we went walking from de hostel to the Kennedy and Love parks and Larcomar shopping center, but its true that to go Lima main square, cathedral and so on you have to take a bus. Hostel is ok, breakfast included,...our room had bathroom, but no blinds, so at 5.30 in the morning you have light enough!!

Very friendly and helpful people! Always like to come back

• 21st Oct 2013