Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I had a wonderful stay at Ekeko! The staff were very helpful and friendly. When I return to Lima, I will book with them. The single room that I had was very sufficient and had a bathroom right next to it. I met a lot of wonderful other travelers and made great friends. The location is near everything you need...if you cross the expressway, there are a lot of awesome little restaurants, street vendors for a very reasonable price. I'm very happy I stayed there. Saludos!!!

The 2nd time we stayed at Ekeko. Many thanks to David and Lio for making our stay awesome again. A good place to meet other travelers and very well situated. It's very close to the buses to the centre. It is a 15 min walk to the eating part of Miraflores and 5 min walk to a very big supermarket and 2 very big souvenir markets. This hostel is perfect to start your trip and/or to end it!

This is (thankfully) not a party hostel, which means you can actually sleep at night. David, who works at the front desk, was so kind and helpful and really made us feel taken care of in what would otherwise be an average hostel. Breakfast is the standard bread with margerine & jam and tea and coffee. They have ok wifi and 1 computer for guests to use. The other facilities were pretty average but the price was good and it is in a very good location to explore Lima.

• 23rd May 2014

Very friendly staff and a decent breakfast, a great choice if you want to stay in Miraflores

A great choice of hostel in a superb location. The staff were super helpful. Basic but tasty breakfast. Hostel is tidy and seens very good for Lima. Definitely recommended.

An awesome hostel in the quiet part of Miraflores. I had an amazing time at Ekeko. It's a good hostel in terms of location, value and facilities but what really makes it different from other places is the VIBE. The place has more of a big shared house feel to it. Great staffs such as Leo, David, Estel and cool guests. Very friendly, helpful, and chill. I stayed there 5 nights and met a bunch of fun guys, and we hung out quite a bit. Leo took us out and we had such a fun. Highly recommended.

• 17th May 2014
  • Japan

This is a great place to stay! Nice and calm neighborhood, lovely double room (it has TV), hot shower for real, well equipped kitchen and cozy common areas. There is no bar, however the atmosphere is good to meet another travellers and the staff is very friendly. We recommend this place to chill out after travelling for several days or weeks.

The staff that work there were extremely nice and helpful. We arrived at the hostel off the night bus at 6am and they allowed us to check into the room. There's a modest kitchen to cook in and a simple continental breakfast included. I would definitely recommend staying here.

The staff is very nice. It felt as a warm welcome to Peru. The hostal is a very nice place to meet people. The room was good enough but perhaps some plastering would also make it look nice. The owner offered to call him if anything would happen on our trip through Peru. He said he has contacts and people all over Peru. Luckily we did not need this service but it felt really good to have someone who is willing to help. Tho hostal is 15-20 mins walking to the restaurant area, but there is one near

People here are very nice! Location is close to Huaca Pyramid, 20mins walk to the center.

Especially staff is so kind,you can know everything you want.Hostel atmosphere is so nice.easy to chill out.if you want to stay new town,here is a good choice.Arigatou!

Liked this mid-size BP very much. Nice staff and good vibe in the common areas. Prices are pretty good. Stayed here 2 times. 1 double bed room and one basic twin room. Both rooms were clean and spacious. The only downside - both times there was no hot water. Other than that nice place - recommended

Booked a single room which was at the back of the complex with adjacent bathroom I effectively had to myself. The bathroom could have been cleaner and the shower drips consistently which you tend to notice during the night when you are adjusting to a new time zone with broken sleep. Staff were friendly enough but breakfast could be served earlier than 8.30am. I had to miss it to get to the bus station in time.

All staff are extremely helpful and go out of their ways to help you with anything you need

Breakfast is really basic I had a private room and stayed for 3 nights; room was not cleaned during my stay... Good taxi service to/from airport

Nice enough hostel a little far from Miraflores but very close to ruins. Staff friendly and chatty. Basic breakfast. Kitchen facilities also basic but good enough to prepare something simple. Mattress not very comfortable and pillow like a pancake. Showers not the best - not much pressure and either very hot or cold. Lockers to store valuables in kitchen area.

Great helpful staff, a little far from the center of miraflores but also much more quiet because a little far from the center. I had the single room and considering the price its a great value.

This is a great hostel with REALLY friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are good and clean and the hostel is in a really nice area.

This hostel is just fine...nothing really special, decent location near Miraflores (15 min walk) but only a 30 minute bus to the centre of town. It is clean and secure and reasonably cheap but just doesnt offer anything special, so depends what you want really!

The staff were helpful but I have to say David was incredible. We arrived in Lima nervous tourists and he answered very question we threw at him. He showed genuine interest in us and made our stay in Lima what it was. All praise must go to him for our stay. Cleanliness was excellent as to was security.