Ekeko Hostel Reviews

Garcia Calderon 274, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Everythings good about this hostel except for the atmosphere - or lack thereof. Its almost frowned upon to have a few drinks in the courtyard area. Theres a slight air of awkwardness between guests because of this. So by all means if you want to chill out by yourself, come here. But if you´re looking to interact with other people then this is not the hostel for you. Staff are nice though

The staff at the hostel was the best part. Leo is a fellow traveler so he gives some inside tips in making your stay easier. David is from Lima and is a little cooky but extremely helpful! I also liked the hostel atmosphere. It´s not really a party hostel or anything but it´s easy to meet people here. The location isn´t great due to the fact that it´s a bit far from anything. The only bad thing was the bed I was in! It was dropping in the middle so it would force me to sleep in fetal position.

I had a wonderful stay at Ekeko! The staff were very helpful and friendly. When I return to Lima, I will book with them. The single room that I had was very sufficient and had a bathroom right next to it. I met a lot of wonderful other travelers and made great friends. The location is near everything you need...if you cross the expressway, there are a lot of awesome little restaurants, street vendors for a very reasonable price. I'm very happy I stayed there. Saludos!!!

The 2nd time we stayed at Ekeko. Many thanks to David and Lio for making our stay awesome again. A good place to meet other travelers and very well situated. It's very close to the buses to the centre. It is a 15 min walk to the eating part of Miraflores and 5 min walk to a very big supermarket and 2 very big souvenir markets. This hostel is perfect to start your trip and/or to end it!

This is (thankfully) not a party hostel, which means you can actually sleep at night. David, who works at the front desk, was so kind and helpful and really made us feel taken care of in what would otherwise be an average hostel. Breakfast is the standard bread with margerine & jam and tea and coffee. They have ok wifi and 1 computer for guests to use. The other facilities were pretty average but the price was good and it is in a very good location to explore Lima.

• 23rd May 2014