El Curichal Hostel Reviews

Calle Comercio, 1490, Rurrenabaque, Bolivia

Hot water can be hit and miss, at least it was during my stay there and breakfast was fairly average. The pool is nice, and beds are comfortable. It´s good that you get a discount from your second night onwards as well.

This is one of the best hostels I´ve stayed in in south America! Our Room was clean and had a bathroom attached. All the rooms circle a beautiful pool and in the heat of this area you will enjoy dipping in it. The internet was not the best, but the atmosphere and lovely staff more than make up for that. We broke our room key twice and Juan was more than helpful!Rurrenabaque is an amazing town and with this hostel you get discounts on the tours to the pampas and in Moskkito bar.

The hostel was nice apart from the room at the entrance. The mattresses may as we'll not be there they are so awful and uncomfortable and it is very loud. We only stayed in this room one night. The private rooms at the back are great. Breakfast is average - standard bread, jam, butter and juice

Had almost no water in the shower, took long to fix and then only cold water came. Second morning no water at all. Hostel is very noisy at night. Good location but even for one night there are better options. Small lockers are provided at reception.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Really nice facilities with pool and hammock area. The 8 bed dorm is very loud though, so I would recommend to book one of the other rooms.

This hostel is an ok option for a one night stay after or before a tour. It is only a few blocks from the bus station and a short walk into town. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. A handful of lockers are provided in the reception area and the staff are friendly but not particularly helpful. The bathrooms are spacious but the hot water is sporadic. The breakfast is poor though (hard bread!) and the wi fi didn`t work during my stay.

Filthy toilet, my bed wasn't ready although I arrived hours after check-in time started, they're re-doing the patio area so it wasn't a great place to hang out. But it was cheap and I stored my luggage while I was in the jungle, so it was all right.

The hostel was 4-5 blocks from the action of town - say a 5-10 min walk. The room was clean but the shared bathroom was dirty, out of toilet paper and the shower was not warm. The beds were a little uncomfortable. The hammock area was good. Breakfast was bread rolls with jam, coffee and bananas. The Internet was slow.

Beds ultra soft, pillows ultra bumpy. Powerpoint in room didn't work, and only 1 in a 4 person room (however bathroom one did). No WiFi. Had a fan.

I would not recommend this hostel. We booked a twin bed room and upon arrival we were told there were no twin rooms available and therefore had to share a double. We were given the key to the room and then when we got there the room had not been cleaned. The door did not lock from the inside. We moved hostel and stayed somewhere much nicer for the same price.

Cheap hostel close to centre of Rurre. Not great in terms of cleanliness, also not helped by construction in the middle of the hostel (of a pool I think?). Very small room and no mosquito nets. Didn't get a chance to try breakfast- flying out early. Good if you just need a bed and a hot shower or are on a tight budget, but wouldn't recommend a long stay otherwise.

Does what it says on the tin, the hostel is under construction - a pool. Everywhere is covered in dust with not too much going on in the common area. Rooms are basic and could have been cleaner. No Wifi available but there is a lap top at reception which can be used if required.”

Good place to stay. Nice hammock area and beds and showers were average.

Not a bad hostel for a night before or after a tour. Facilites are pretty basic, didnt see any sign of a breakfast or wifi but its extremely cheap and has comfy beds and clean rooms so cant complain too much. About a 5 minute walk from the other hostels and centre of town. Swimming pool is currently being dug out.

I didn't think much of this hostel. Maybe it was because there was building work going on. I wouldn't say the security was very good and I wouldn't say the rooms were clean either. The breakfasts as standard bread and jam. The man on the front desk was nice, and it was good because he spoke some English. The location isn't that nice but it's ok.

View all Rurrenabaque Hostels