El Diablo Tranquilo Playa Suites Reviews

Camino Costanera 4860, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

The hostel is exactly on the beach, thus there's no better place to stay. Very nice and friendly staff. Besides, the roomates I had the chançe to meet where the best ever. Wonderfull group. I'll always keep this place in mind. Definitely recommended!

Hi Mr. [Name], thanks for your comments and we are happy you had such a positive experience in our hostel.

I had a wonderfultime visiting Punta del Diablo and stayingat El Diablo Tranquilo suites. The staff, who are travellers themselves, are friendly and helpful. I am glad I paid a little more for the [deluxe] 6 bed dorm, a great view out to the beach and ocean.The bar downstairs is a unique space and I enjoyed playing guitar with some of the staff and other guests. I have been told that their breakfast options are soon to include more variety which will make staying here in the future even better.

Hi [Name], That's correct, breakfast will be improved next year. Good to hear you'd a good time and we hope you're still enjoying your travels. Thanks and regards from the complete staff.

Had a great stay at El Diablo Tranquilo. We stayed at the hostel for a whole week and everything was just perfect. Really cool people and even cooler staff! El Diablo Tranquilo is definitely the right place for meeting people and making friends in Punta del Diablo.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Hearing you had such great time is the best compliment for us. Thanks for staying in our hostel and we hope to see you back one day.

My stay was great. The staff was awesome and really helped make our time at Punta del Diablo amazing. It would be hard to have a bad time in this beautiful spot right on the beach, but the accommodations and staff made the experience even better.

• 22nd Jan 2014

El Diablo Tranquilo was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Location was excellent, you are literally right on the beach, and you have a great view of the ocean from all floors. The hostel bar was great, they have free caipirinhas every night from 11-12PM! Great excuse to come to the bar and socialize with fellow travelers. The staff was incredible, it really made this stay wonderful. They organized trips, dinners, etc. and were all amazing people. I want to go back already!!

• 22nd Jan 2014

Everything about our stay at Diablo Tranquilo was spot on. The hostel is right on the sand and is just a stones throw from the ocean, with plenty of hammocks to relax in. The rooms were big and they cleaned the place regularly. In my honest opinion, the most important thing about any hostel is the staff and this was the best I've come across. Everyone there was extremely friendly and made us feel immediately welcome. Cookouts, day trips, and just hanging out. Overall: Very Excellent Stay.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Lovely location and beautiful staff, we only booked one night but ended up staying 3 at this hostel and 2 at the other one down the street. A really welcoming environment the bar is great and so are the dinners and the different themed nights. The blackouts added to the experience I reckon!

Excellent location. But the price is overrated. We had a very expensive double room, with no view to the beach and no terrace in front. But still, it is a beautiful hostel and if there is no cheaper alternative available, I would book it again. But if you have the opportunity to go to the Tranquilo Hostel, go there, the atmospheres and the value for money is muchhh better than in Playa Suites. And do not get the dinner there! It is waaaay to expensive for what you get, little portions.

Great location! Not very clean, but I would stay again.

Nice place, really just next to the beach. But too expensive for what it is. even the "suites" on top floor are far away from suites (even for a hostel). The room wasn't cleaned during our stay, beds not made. The room (rear suite) just has one window which can be opened, so there was no way to get rid of the musty smell or the heat (no aircon, just a vent with too short cable). Staff is friendly but too lazy or hung over to get things done, so every morning breakfast lacked a couple of things..

A nice place, with a friendly relaxed staff. Some times to relaxing, leading to things taking a bit longer then they should, but this adds to the relaxed spirit of the place.

• 10th Dec 2013

Huge potential, great location, but significant service gaps. No kitchen (you have to use the other El Diablo hostel, whose kitchen is also tiny and unclean). Not even a toaster for use at breakfast. The bar and restaurant were both closed. These only seem to open for peak season (i.e from Xmas onwards), but they don't tell you this. Overall our double private room was nice, but nowhere to put your luggage or valuables. It could have been cleaner and we expected a view but were at the back.

Excellent location, right on the beach. A great vibe with cool staff. However small kitchen if you wanted to cook your own food. But a great place to stay!

Hi, great to hear you had a good time and hope you guys will enjoy the rest of your trip up there. Our kitchen is going to be extended next week. Thanks for staying here and we hope to see you back. Regards from the staff.

I booked for 2 nights as when I saw their website I expected a lot more. On arrival it was clearly the case that the website lies. Sadly I booked through hostelworld so I had to forfeit my second night (a $70 cost) ((yes $70 for a hostel)). A most dissapointing experience that will make me avoid both tranquillo diablo and hostel world again.

• 28th Oct 2013

Hi,Just telling us what the problem was would've been much easier, rather than walking in at night saying that you want to cancel and threatening with a bad review if we wouldn't. You hadn't even seen the room and so the offensive pose caused quite some confusion with our receptionist. Instead of the biggest suite we would have had a dorm bed for you for the quarter of the price which also has sea view.

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels