El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

EDT was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere, activities (we did the horse riding tours and took a surf class) were fun and we had a blast with the staff. They even have a building right down on the beach, Playa Suites, with a bar downstairs we spent a lot of time in which we could go hang out in

Great staff, very good food and always people around at night to have drink and a chat.

Thanks, we look forward to see you back. Regards from us.

Really a GOOD hostel! Cozy fireplace area with books and couches, the rooms are good and I got lucky that we were 2 in the 6 people dorm. The staff is great and helpful. They offer a horse tour that is a MUST take if you like to ride. It's beautiful, you really can go running with your horse and it's for 3 hours (worth every cent of the US$45)! The hostel also offers dinner for US$10 and it's good food even though it's late (9-10pm).

Hi, We are very happy to hear you had a good time here. We wish you all the best and a lot of fun during your travels. Regards from the complete staff.

El Diablo Tranquilo is excellent, not for the facilities (which are adequate for whatever you'll need), but for the location and staff. It's maybe 200 yards from a great beach, down the street from a mercado, and in a part of town that's easy to find. The staff is great too, all of them were very friendly and knowledgeable about the beach, and were more than willing to help. If I head back to Punta del Diablo in the near future, I'll definitely stay here again.

• 9th Nov 2014

When I walked into the hostel, i realized the adjective "tranquilo" most definitely described it. We entered after a long day of traveling and found ourselves amongst 4 girls reading books around a fireplace. Just what we needed! It seems it is much more lively in the summertime, and actually full of people (maybe the opposite of what I experience) but we came early in the spring season so it was much different. Lovely staff, beautiful location, awesome building. Amazing time @ diablo tranquilo!

Hi Mina, thanks a lot for sharing the beautiful spring with us. We hope to see you back. Saludos, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff.

Service is great - room is really confortable, the hostel's employees are nice, the 'mexican night' was delicious and Zilertal Beer was perfect: really cold. In the morning, breakfast was also good. Great hostel!

• 25th Sep 2014

Hi Felipe, thanks for your comments and we hope to see you back. Saludos, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great staff and good breakfast. The nightly bonfire provided a focal point that allowed all the guests to interact. Despite it being the slow season, my stay was excellent and I cannot wait to come back.

Hi Daniel, Thanks for leaving your comments. We are very happy you enjoyed your winter days here. Safe trips and hopefully see you next time. Regards, the complete staff of El Diablo Tranquilo.

There's a 10% extra charge if you pay by credit card!!! Also, no ATMs in the town, so make sure you bring enough cash

Hi Johannes, Thanks for your comments and bringing cash into town is also our recommendation. Unfortunately credit card connections are still being charged very high here. We hope you had a good trip and are happy you enjoyed your days here. Regards from the complete staff.

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels