El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

What are you waiting for? Book this hostel. Everyone comes in for two days but stays a week instead. Great place, awesome staff. Came by self and left with a whole new group of friends.

• 7th Apr 2014

This is a really nice hostel to stay at if you want to relax and have a good time. They provide surf classes and the horse riding tour in the nat park is definitely recommendable. Nice hammocks to relax and breakfast is one of the best I have had so far in South America!! The staff is international and really friendly.

Very nice staff and the best atmosphere. You simply get stuck over there and don't want to leave!

... keep it up, I was very happy with my stay!

Given the high reviews we'd read of this property, we were a little disappointed. The facilities were decidedly unspectacular - the kitchen was small and dirty - so too were the bathrooms, and the dorm beds weren't great. Also the two lockers below our bed, one didn't work at all and the other was a real challenge to close! It's not a terrible place, but I think it's been reviewed highly by people into yoga etc that get to meet like minded people. That's not really for us!

I arrived for 2 nights and stayed 4. Awesome staff, close to the beach.

One of those extremely rare times when everything clicks at a hostel. I've stayed in hostels over the world, and the memories from this one are some of my favorite. Great and numerous expat/local staff that is mixing and socializing. Relatively clean, comfy beds, spacious rooms. Great happy hour at the sister hostel, serves 2 for 1 drinks and is on the beach. Get drunk there and walk back to this quiet place and get a good nights sleep. Hammocks, couches, and wonderful chilled out vibe !

Had a wonderful time at this hostel, especially due to very relaxed atmosphere and friendly people. The lockers in the female dorm couldn't be locked at all though, so it would have been nice to have a little more security there...

we planned to stay only 2 nights here and ended up staying 8! the staff and managers Youri and Sol are awesome and really made the stay. Sir Steve the consumate chutney revolutionary and night time receptionist was great to hang out with and very helpful. i was very keen to surf and they helped organise a board asap. again, the staff are so friendly and we would highly recommend staying here! thanks heaps guys, Fi and Ben

Hi Thanks to you guys for staying here, we really enjoyed your company. Have a good trip and cheers from everybody here!

Amazing staff who were really helpful and also fun to hang out with, not intimidating like a lot of hostel staff can sometimes be. Good kitchen, fun bar, close to everything definitely recommend, only downfall was the BBQ we paid for one night....15 usd for some potatoes tomatoes and lettuce and a piece of fatty meat. Other than that couldn't complain!

Hi, Good to hear you you liked the hostel and we are sorry about the food. Reality is that our bbq is done the Uruguayan way which means at least .5 kilo of meat which also includes the fatty part. Thanks for leaving your comment and we wish you an awesome continuation of your trip! Saludos from the complete staff.

Met some really cool people here, all the staff are good smily people and always happy to give you their time. Steve is a dude, who would have thought you can put mango in a truffle?

This hostel is unfortunately much over rated because of a few nice rooms (which are pretty nice). However, if you get stuck in the terrible shacks outside (both dorms and privates), be prepared for mosquitoes, mold on the ceilings, only a small window and general unpleasantness. The staff are generally friendly, but as they are pretty much exclusively foreigners, they can only tell you about the touristy activities that they sell.

There's 2 hostels, i stayed at the budget one. upon arrival, it would have been nice to be a little more informed about the 2 different hostels and what to do in pta del diablo (example: dinner is at the other hostel, no map of the town, etc...). Only in the budget hostel, there is a kitchen, but its extremely small and very crowded. the other hostel offers dinners for a fee. not the cleanest bathrooms and showers. they have way too many people staying in the hostel- common area too small.

Great place, great atmosphere. Good caipirinha's, too; I was in the beach bar every day, but it was nice to have a dorm bed in the quieter house a little further. Would definitely recommend this hostel, unless you are looking for complete rest and silence at night.

My stay at El Diablo Tranquilo was the best hostel experience I've ever had. The Hostel's proximity to the beach is only about 100 meters, so the view from both decks were spectacular. The beds were clean, and they cleaned the facilities daily. The best part of my stay at Traquilo were the staff members. They were very accomodating, sociable, and made us feel at home. From organizing group dinners, to all day surf trips, to late night conversations, the staff made my experience unforgettable.

• 22nd Jan 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! You cannot beat the location, the facilities are very well maintained, and the staff is amazing. I couldn't imagine having a better experience anywhere else in the town. Whenever I return to Punta Del Diablo, I'm definitely staying at El Diablo Tranquilo.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Great kitchen and hanging out spaces. Helpful staff . Great spot. Nice dorms. Lockable cupboards under the beds were broken or not really useful.

Das doppel Zimmer ist viel zu teuer!!!!

i had a wonderful stay here.The staff were kind and friendly and kept the fun rolling along. I had the best time ever at the New years party, food was great and we partied on the beach to bring in the new year. The hostel has a good vibe and something for everyone.The beautiful beach is just down the road and only a 10 minute walk into town. overall a great experience. I love Uruguay and the people, and visiting there a truly magical experience. Gracias por todo!!!! Andrew (England)

Stayed here with new years which was a good choice! The hostel organised an asado and a party, we danced the whole night! Staff is friendly and I enjoyed the dinners. Perfect location and the hostel has different places to chill out where its easy to meet people. Good vibess!! Btw it is bit of long way walking from the busstation but a nice way to meet people... other option is to take one of the little busses, just so you know.

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels