El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Had a really good stay at this hostel!

Was very angry that the hostel upped the price for a private from $60 to $80 for the 2nd night and never said there would be such a jump. For $80 I was staying in nice 4 star hotels in Uruguay with breakfast, private bath and 4 times the space. Felt very ripped off and taken advantage of. Breakfast is just bread and jam. The horse your was fantastic and it's a good place to meet other people and relax on the porch

Staff were absolutely brilliant and happy to help..... we needed our boat tickets printing and they sorted this without any drama (from experience this is rare!). Rooms and communal areas are clean and have enough space, the only minor drawback is the kitchen which could do with a really good clean. All in all would recommend this as somewhere to chill for a few days.

Super amazing experience, with fun people and good atmosphere!

Great place with the most amazing staff! They make the hostel awesome! Cool place, great vibe, really nice people around. I loved it!

I stayed at both the hostel and the suites. In the hostel: the rooms are too small, the atmosphere is both friendly and relaxing, the location is great. The suites are beachfront with a terrible wifi and when I complained that it wasn't working the "staff" told me "yeah, the wifi sucks". I tried to register for Spanish classes, advertised in the hostel, but classes actually don't exist. I also did a yoga class and the time was changed multiple times. It's a great place that needs better staff.

• 14th Jan 2016

Great place to be! Great location, near by the beach! Staff was kind. We had a bedroom located just in front of the barbecue place so it would boder a bit, but nothing big, there's a light that kept turning on and off during the night, that was a bit annoying. Aside that, I had the best time! Loved the music there!

• 14th Jan 2016

We loved our stay at Diablo Tranquilo! Especially because the staff is very friendly and welcoming. Eelko & Wesley get 5* from us. We couldn't have gotten better hosts. They helped us with all our annoying quests. Next time we would love to take some surf lessons with Wesley, we didn't get enough time to do so unfortunately. Our only complaint are the worn out beds in the dorms.. They need to be replaced, or you should offer free daily massages by the staff!

I met great people and the atmosphere was fantastic. The staff really made it for me and my friends. Cant wait to visit punta del diablo again a really special place! Shout out to the staff, Yuri and Charlie U rock!

The suite was a beautiful room with high ceilings and two doors that opened to the beach. The staff was inviting, friendly and accommodating during our stay. I would recommend this place to others traveling alone or with others.

• 4th Jan 2016

Not a bad hostel, but definitely not a cheap one either. Beware if you intend to pay with a card rather than with cash: El Diablo will add on an extra ten percent to your bill.

El Diablo Tranquilo was so great it made ir really hard to leave.. I recommend it to anyone that's going to Uruguay. The vibes are great, and the stuff is super friendly and helpful. The city of Punta Del Diablo es amazing, and if you're going El Diablo Tranquilo should be the place to stay.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Argentina

I had a great time at this hostel. Good atmosphere, great location and views. A few blocks from the beach and the Main Street. The nightly dinner is cheap and tasty... Great value!

Thought we had booked a double private room, turned out to be bunk beds. The price went crazy over Xmas and they tried to make one day a stupid price and check with this. Most of the staff were very nice, but there are so many and it kind of felt you were intruding on their party. Good facilities and not far from the beach and town

This hostel is OK, nothing special. Gear rental is really expensive, $25US to surf for a couple of hours! Has a relaxed communal vibe, although sometimes it seemed there were more people working there than staying there

up there with the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff are exceptional, so helpful and friendly. They create a great atmosphere at the hostel that you feel as soon as you walk in the door. Xmas dinner and lunch that they organised was perfect for a Xmas away from home. Meeting people is easy here due to the layout of the common areas. Awesome hot showers, comfy bed, and the hostel dinners are cheap and delicious! Can't reccomend Diablo tranquillo enough!! Hope to visit again one day!

• 22nd Dec 2015

I stayed in both dorms and private rooms and woke up with bug bites. The secure storage wasn't secure at all. You could lift up the mattress and access the bags through the bed frame. However, no theft problem observed at the hostel. Staff were great though...Just need to brush-up accommodations.

• 17th Dec 2015

Hi, That's a serious case and should have been reported to reception. Since you left we have had many more guest passing by and not heard a thing. Also we have checked the beds you were in and not been able to find anything. We don't want to talk it down but they might have been mosquito bites, really if there's bed bugs you'd see them with your bare eyes. Mentioning bugs without verifying can really damage a hostel's reputation. Please take care with conclusions. Regards, the staff.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff are great, hostel is clean and the 10 bed dorm was super cheap as I stayed just outside busy season at the start of December. The staff cook dinner each night which you can opt in for. The hostel itself feels like a cozy home with hammocks out the front and couches inside. Perfect location super close to the beach and a small supermarket which has the best fresh fruit and vegies in the town. Stayed 6 nights and could have stayed longer :)

Was a really cool relaxed place to stay but was also a big party too! Staff were really nice, good spot, wasn't the cleanest hostel but you can't really help it with people coming in and out all the time from the beach. Only thing that let it down was the facilities, only a few very small toilets and showers for the entire hostel, and a tiny kitchen too. Other than that can't be faulted! Try the dulche de leche chocolate balls behind the counter, they will change your life!

My brother and I had an excellent stay at El Diablo Tranquilo. The location was prime, just two blocks from the main beach and a great surf spot. We took surf lessons from the Hawaiian surf instructor, Wesley, that were really helpful. He was a very good teacher and made the experience really enjoyable! One evening we rented bikes and rode them through the national park with Wesley and Gabby (another friendly hostel staff member). Super fun stay - highly recommend this hostel!

Hi, Good to hear from you guys. Enjoy the rest of your travels and take care. Regards from the complete staff.

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels