El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in

Hostel had very helpful staff and offer a number of affordable activities to choose from including surfing, body boarding and horse riding.

loved the beach view and the breeze coming in. perfect location. enjoyed the helpful staff. wifi was good, breakfast was good. overall very happy!! thanks for a great stay

Super close to the beach. Every night you can subscribe for amazing dinner options and very kind staff.

Amazing time at this hostel, I stayed longer than I initially booked.

Hi, thanks for leaving your comments and we wish you safe travels. Regards from everybody here.

Great place !

One of my favorite hostels! Very nice and helpful stuff. Well organized. Thanks a lot!!!

The Roma are extremeño small and almorAr no Windows

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Hello, Thanks for leaving your comments together with your friends as you promised (or threatened) if we would not give you an absurd discount. Anyway, what you are trying to say is that rooms are extremely small and have almost no windows. To clear the sky to anyone who gets confused reading this after so many positive reviews; the particular room we are talking about here has a ratio of 1:1 (beds:open space) + own bathroom while it's only an 8 bed dorm. And of course, there's a window.

Recepcionists (brazilian girl and blonde guy) were unkind with the guests!

Hello, Thanks for rating us and we are happy to see that you did enjoy our hostel. About your comment about our receptionists: We have various Brazilian and blonde receptionists so I would appreciate it if you to send us an e-mail with more explanation about your experience so that we can give a serious follow up. Thank you very much for your effort in advance. Save travels!

Really good hostel in a great town. Staff super friendly and a party atmosphere. I booked a private room with my partner and unfortunately got leveled with bunk beds which wasn't ideal, but I guess I didn't read the fine print. The doors upstairs need new locks, too. Other than that, a chilled, clean hostel in a must visit part of the awesome Uruguayan coast.

such a cool hostel and place. both hostels combine and its a really social chilled atmosphere. so many people came for 2 days but stayed 2 weeks. staff become like your family. make sure you do the horse riding like a gaucho! its on the beach and through a national park. one of my favourite place's!

At first you will notice the surfer crowd, but there are other types of travellers as well. Staff is friendly and useful. Good breakfast. Lockers under the beds. Kitchen rather well-equiped.

Super-friendly and helpful staff, fun communal atmosphere, great value and a gorgeous location! One of the best hostels I've stayed in on my trip!

My visit here was in the slow season. My feeling is that backpackers travel here in the offsets on just to stay at this hostel. The staff and owners are as good as it gets.

Kitchen is very cramped.

EDT was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere, activities (we did the horse riding tours and took a surf class) were fun and we had a blast with the staff. They even have a building right down on the beach, Playa Suites, with a bar downstairs we spent a lot of time in which we could go hang out in

Great staff, very good food and always people around at night to have drink and a chat.

Thanks, we look forward to see you back. Regards from us.

Really a GOOD hostel! Cozy fireplace area with books and couches, the rooms are good and I got lucky that we were 2 in the 6 people dorm. The staff is great and helpful. They offer a horse tour that is a MUST take if you like to ride. It's beautiful, you really can go running with your horse and it's for 3 hours (worth every cent of the US$45)! The hostel also offers dinner for US$10 and it's good food even though it's late (9-10pm).

Hi, We are very happy to hear you had a good time here. We wish you all the best and a lot of fun during your travels. Regards from the complete staff.

El Diablo Tranquilo is excellent, not for the facilities (which are adequate for whatever you'll need), but for the location and staff. It's maybe 200 yards from a great beach, down the street from a mercado, and in a part of town that's easy to find. The staff is great too, all of them were very friendly and knowledgeable about the beach, and were more than willing to help. If I head back to Punta del Diablo in the near future, I'll definitely stay here again.

• 9th Nov 2014

When I walked into the hostel, i realized the adjective "tranquilo" most definitely described it. We entered after a long day of traveling and found ourselves amongst 4 girls reading books around a fireplace. Just what we needed! It seems it is much more lively in the summertime, and actually full of people (maybe the opposite of what I experience) but we came early in the spring season so it was much different. Lovely staff, beautiful location, awesome building. Amazing time @ diablo tranquilo!

Hi Mina, thanks a lot for sharing the beautiful spring with us. We hope to see you back. Saludos, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff.

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels