El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Amazing location for price. Less than 5 minute walk to beaches, town, market. All around good vibes - laid-back, charming, with a warm, friendly, helpful staff. Kitchen is small but equipped with everything needed to cook, and has a lovely outdoor dining area. We had a late-night bus to catch at the end of our stay but didn't want to pay for another night. Staff let us hang out until 1:30 am, continue use the showers, kitchen, lounge area, even found us a ride to the bus stop. Highly recommended

Had a great time at El Diablo Tranquilo, I originally only planned to stay for 3 days but that quickly turned into 9 days! Such an amazing location and wonderful people. They are very attentive and take customer service seriously. Highly recommended.

Great hostel! The staff were amazing - we arrived very early on the day of check in (before 8am) and they showed us straight to our rooms, let us have breakfast (fruit, juice, coffee, bread and spreads) and were great for the 2 night stay. Rooms are big and it's very clean. Only small comment would be to have bigger blankets for the beds as it was cold, and the blankets don't cover you very well at all!

Hi, thanks for your comments and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay here. We wish you a good continuation of your trip. For anyone else who's coming this way you should know we are always happy to provide extra blankets if you need. Saludos, the staff of El Diablo Tranquilo.

This hostel is easily one of my favorites I have ever stayed at. The staff are incredibly friendly and personable. Agustina, Eduardo and Agosto are all great people who are great at their jobs. This hostel literally feels like you´re staying at a close friends house. Very great atmosphere. Also, they cook dinner every night for a small price, and it´s always delicious. I would reccommend everyone to stay here!

Very good vibes in this place ! Good music and very friendly staff

Chilled hostel with an awesome staff. They create a friendly atmosphere and organise yoga, bus tickets, dinner etc for you. They also have really good bikes to rent and the fireplace was great for the winter evenings. Be aware that there is no ATM in town. So bring enough cash!

I spent two nights in this lovely, peaceful place just in front of the coast. The volunteers staying at the hostel are travelers themselves, therefore they create a cozy, home-like atmosphere and can give various tips about Uruguay and other countries as well. Breakfast was great and the evenings sitting and talking at the fire-place were really lovely. Thanks for everything! Hope to be back!

Nice staff, amazing atmosphere, fireplace and blankets for the cold nights, breakfast and sunrise from the balcony included - i don't know what more to ask from that place so I can just fully recommend it!

Super friendly and helpful staff, good breakfasts and dinners, close to beach

• 28th Jun 2015

Really one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The people who run this place were so friendly, down to earth, and willing to accommodate me and help me in pretty much every way possible. Especially for English speakers (although they are of course fluent in Spanish) this place really felt like home. The staff felt less like staff than like my friends. Stay at the Diablo Tranquilo.

• 13th Jun 2015