El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Excellent 'tranquilo' place. Lovely vibe, very helpful. The girl from Guatemala makes that place even better than it already is though, she's an absolute diamond. We really enjoyed our short but sweet stay here :)

Great hostel, wonderful staff that basically were friends by the end of the 3 night stay. Great atmosphere among travellers. Would recommend to anyone.

• 10th Mar 2015

This hostel is my all time favorite: nice staff, super atmosphere and the hostel offers you a ton of extra stuff to do! Rooms and bathrooms are clean and there are lockers, plus the hostel is at a less than 5 minute distance from the beach and a supermarket. After staying here for a couple of days it feels like you've made a new family! All but love!

Hi, it's so good to hear you have enjoyed your stay here. All of us wish you safe travels and a lot of fun along the way. Regards, El Diabo Tranquilo Staff.

Cool place, well run & great location

Hi, thanks for taking the effort of leaving your opinion. Have a good trip!

awesome place to stay. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Helped me plan where to stay in next town and how to get there. Clean accommodations. Inviting, relaxed and cool vibe. I would definitely recommend El Diablo Tranquilo to friends and look forward to staying there again. Thanks for an awesome stay and experience.

Pretty awesome place to stay - not much room in the dorms but the ambiance and staff totally make up for it, one of the most unique hostels i've been on the staff side! They are very loving people, mostly expats - they live behind the hostel and chill a lot with the backpackers and travellers, we had soccer games at the beach and they easily start great parties, asados, etc. with the guests! You won't be deceived if you choose this place!

Hi, thanks a lot for leaving your review here and we wish you very safe travels. Regards, the complete staff of El Diablo Tranquilo.

Very nice hostle, great atmosphere , staff is amazing

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in

That's just fantastic to hear, we are very happy have had a good stay here. Regards from all of us here and we wish you a good continuation of your trip. Saludos!

Hostel had very helpful staff and offer a number of affordable activities to choose from including surfing, body boarding and horse riding.

Hi, thanks for giving us your rating and leaving your comments. We wish you a safe trip. Regards, the complete El Diablo Tranquilo Staff.

loved the beach view and the breeze coming in. perfect location. enjoyed the helpful staff. wifi was good, breakfast was good. overall very happy!! thanks for a great stay

Hi, Thanks so much you had such good times here. There's nothing not much that can make us happier than that. Enjoy the rest of your travels. Regards from the complete staff of El Diablo Tranquilo.

Super close to the beach. Every night you can subscribe for amazing dinner options and very kind staff.

Hi, Thanks for your kind words and we are very happy to read you enjoyed yourself here. We wish you safe travels. Regards, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff.

Amazing time at this hostel, I stayed longer than I initially booked.

Hi, thanks for leaving your comments and we wish you safe travels. Regards from everybody here.

Great place !

One of my favorite hostels! Very nice and helpful stuff. Well organized. Thanks a lot!!!

The Roma are extremeño small and almorAr no Windows

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Hello, Thanks for leaving your comments together with your friends as you promised (or threatened) if we would not give you an absurd discount. Anyway, what you are trying to say is that rooms are extremely small and have almost no windows. To clear the sky to anyone who gets confused reading this after so many positive reviews; the particular room we are talking about here has a ratio of 1:1 (beds:open space) + own bathroom while it's only an 8 bed dorm. And of course, there's a window.

Recepcionists (brazilian girl and blonde guy) were unkind with the guests!

Hello, Thanks for rating us and we are happy to see that you did enjoy our hostel. About your comment about our receptionists: We have various Brazilian and blonde receptionists so I would appreciate it if you to send us an e-mail with more explanation about your experience so that we can give a serious follow up. Thank you very much for your effort in advance. Save travels!

Really good hostel in a great town. Staff super friendly and a party atmosphere. I booked a private room with my partner and unfortunately got leveled with bunk beds which wasn't ideal, but I guess I didn't read the fine print. The doors upstairs need new locks, too. Other than that, a chilled, clean hostel in a must visit part of the awesome Uruguayan coast.

such a cool hostel and place. both hostels combine and its a really social chilled atmosphere. so many people came for 2 days but stayed 2 weeks. staff become like your family. make sure you do the horse riding like a gaucho! its on the beach and through a national park. one of my favourite place's!

At first you will notice the surfer crowd, but there are other types of travellers as well. Staff is friendly and useful. Good breakfast. Lockers under the beds. Kitchen rather well-equiped.

Super-friendly and helpful staff, fun communal atmosphere, great value and a gorgeous location! One of the best hostels I've stayed in on my trip!

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels