El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

When I walked into the hostel, i realized the adjective "tranquilo" most definitely described it. We entered after a long day of traveling and found ourselves amongst 4 girls reading books around a fireplace. Just what we needed! It seems it is much more lively in the summertime, and actually full of people (maybe the opposite of what I experience) but we came early in the spring season so it was much different. Lovely staff, beautiful location, awesome building. Amazing time @ diablo tranquilo!

Hi Mina, thanks a lot for sharing the beautiful spring with us. We hope to see you back. Saludos, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff.

Service is great - room is really confortable, the hostel's employees are nice, the 'mexican night' was delicious and Zilertal Beer was perfect: really cold. In the morning, breakfast was also good. Great hostel!

• 25th Sep 2014

Hi Felipe, thanks for your comments and we hope to see you back. Saludos, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great staff and good breakfast. The nightly bonfire provided a focal point that allowed all the guests to interact. Despite it being the slow season, my stay was excellent and I cannot wait to come back.

Hi Daniel, Thanks for leaving your comments. We are very happy you enjoyed your winter days here. Safe trips and hopefully see you next time. Regards, the complete staff of El Diablo Tranquilo.

There's a 10% extra charge if you pay by credit card!!! Also, no ATMs in the town, so make sure you bring enough cash

Hi Johannes, Thanks for your comments and bringing cash into town is also our recommendation. Unfortunately credit card connections are still being charged very high here. We hope you had a good trip and are happy you enjoyed your days here. Regards from the complete staff.

Loved our stay at El Diablo Tranquilo. Staff are really friendly, and very helpful. The hostel is in a fantastic location, in walking distance to the beach. Our room was amazing with our own fireplace that we could light each night. Overall very happy with our stay, would highly recommend and would stay there again.

Hi Justin, Thanks for leaving your comments and for sharing the winter days with us. Regards, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff.

I was looking for a quiet place to relax and take in the surroundings and it was perfect! The whole vibe is very chilled out and as it's off the usual track for South American travellers, I even had the 8-bed dorm all to myself! A little cold in winter, even with the fireplace on and the rooms could have been cleaner but I really enjoyed my time there, closer to mother nature. Steve and Notchi (not sure if my spelling is correct) were great hosts. Thanks very much!

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels