El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

When I walked into the hostel, i realized the adjective "tranquilo" most definitely described it. We entered after a long day of traveling and found ourselves amongst 4 girls reading books around a fireplace. Just what we needed! It seems it is much more lively in the summertime, and actually full of people (maybe the opposite of what I experience) but we came early in the spring season so it was much different. Lovely staff, beautiful location, awesome building. Amazing time @ diablo tranquilo!

Service is great - room is really confortable, the hostel's employees are nice, the 'mexican night' was delicious and Zilertal Beer was perfect: really cold. In the morning, breakfast was also good. Great hostel!

• 25th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great staff and good breakfast. The nightly bonfire provided a focal point that allowed all the guests to interact. Despite it being the slow season, my stay was excellent and I cannot wait to come back.

There's a 10% extra charge if you pay by credit card!!! Also, no ATMs in the town, so make sure you bring enough cash

Loved our stay at El Diablo Tranquilo. Staff are really friendly, and very helpful. The hostel is in a fantastic location, in walking distance to the beach. Our room was amazing with our own fireplace that we could light each night. Overall very happy with our stay, would highly recommend and would stay there again.

I was looking for a quiet place to relax and take in the surroundings and it was perfect! The whole vibe is very chilled out and as it's off the usual track for South American travellers, I even had the 8-bed dorm all to myself! A little cold in winter, even with the fireplace on and the rooms could have been cleaner but I really enjoyed my time there, closer to mother nature. Steve and Notchi (not sure if my spelling is correct) were great hosts. Thanks very much!

A very warm atmosphere filled with lovely people. The staff was exceptional and the location is perfect. Its a great place to stay even in the winter time if you're looking for a bit of peace and relaxation after lots of traveling.

• 9th May 2014

Really nice hostel and super helpful and friendly staff. For some reason, you just get stuck there, there is always a really good atmosphere and you don't wanna leave this place. Punta del diablo is also a really nice little village, we really enjoyed how relaxed it was in off-season.

Staff were fantastic. The hostel was not the cleanest, particularly the bedrooms. Also, my mattress felt like a piece of foam

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels