El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Very good vibes in this place ! Good music and very friendly staff

Chilled hostel with an awesome staff. They create a friendly atmosphere and organise yoga, bus tickets, dinner etc for you. They also have really good bikes to rent and the fireplace was great for the winter evenings. Be aware that there is no ATM in town. So bring enough cash!

I spent two nights in this lovely, peaceful place just in front of the coast. The volunteers staying at the hostel are travelers themselves, therefore they create a cozy, home-like atmosphere and can give various tips about Uruguay and other countries as well. Breakfast was great and the evenings sitting and talking at the fire-place were really lovely. Thanks for everything! Hope to be back!

Nice staff, amazing atmosphere, fireplace and blankets for the cold nights, breakfast and sunrise from the balcony included - i don't know what more to ask from that place so I can just fully recommend it!

Super friendly and helpful staff, good breakfasts and dinners, close to beach

• 28th Jun 2015

Really one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The people who run this place were so friendly, down to earth, and willing to accommodate me and help me in pretty much every way possible. Especially for English speakers (although they are of course fluent in Spanish) this place really felt like home. The staff felt less like staff than like my friends. Stay at the Diablo Tranquilo.

• 13th Jun 2015

Best hostel we've stayed in during our 3 month trip. Best vibe with a friendly, family like atmosphere. The staff are all so nice and want to get to know you. So close to the beach and they'll sort out anything you want: from horse riding to renting surf boards - they're happy to help. The decks and hammocks are a really nice touch and the fire place is perfect for the evenings where everyone sits around and chat. 100% will come back no contest

Hi, thanks for sharing this and great to hear you've enjoyed your stay here. We all wish you safe travels. Saludos, El Diablo Tranquilo Staff.

Absolutely amazing, loved the staff and location. A came for a day, ended up staying an extra day cause I was so impressed! It's an offshoot from anything but definitely worth coming off the beaten path. The town was mostly closed down for the season but I still had a blast. The hostel was very lively, open space lots of good people. I will return one day 😊

Great hostel with nice stuff, especially Steve is a super helpful and funny guy! 2 minutes to the beach, perfect!

Amazing place. As the name says, this place is tranquillo. Met some incredible friends here and we will all miss the love that the staff showed us everyday. If you're in punta del diablo, this is where you MUST stay x

View all Punta del Diablo Hostels