El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

A wonderful hostel with really "buena onda".

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Norway

Nice hostel but a bit cramped, trying to squeeze too many people into one bulding. Also the hostel gave me the wrong price for the evening dinner but after i had eaten they still expected me to pay the full price (double what i was originally quoted) - would have been better for hostel to give me at initial price since it was their mistake and not mine, this way they would have come across as professional and trustworthy. Overall though a good hostel.

A nice hostel located pretty close to the beach. Despite its name, it was probably the busiest hostel in all of Punta del Diablo. The staff were many, English-speaking and friendly.

I had an amazing time. Lars did an amazing job. He made the best laundry, I ever seen in my life. If you there make sure you going to make your laundry. And he is a great Dutch dancer.

Had a great time!

• 27th Nov 2015

It had been a long time that I arrived in a real hostel like El Diablo Tranquilo. From the moment I walked in I had the feeling I can talk to anyone here, both the guests and staff are very friendly. Definitely my favorite place of my 8 month's trip.

The hostel was very small & overcrowded, the rooms were narrow and the kitchen was too small for that amount. There were not many chairs and tables to sit down and eat. It was too loud at night because of the parties. The small village is very beautiful and when the sun shines and you can sit outside, the problems are not that big.

Good vibes, nice staff, dorms a little bit too small. Definitely a good hostel, though slightly overrated.

I can't fault this hostel! I loved Punta del diablo, mainly because how amazing the hostel was. Cool staff with heaps of activities for day and night. Nice outdoor BBQ area and fireplace inside for cold nights. Clean and good location. Breakfast could be improved a little, but otherwise perfect.

Amazing location for price. Less than 5 minute walk to beaches, town, market. All around good vibes - laid-back, charming, with a warm, friendly, helpful staff. Kitchen is small but equipped with everything needed to cook, and has a lovely outdoor dining area. We had a late-night bus to catch at the end of our stay but didn't want to pay for another night. Staff let us hang out until 1:30 am, continue use the showers, kitchen, lounge area, even found us a ride to the bus stop. Highly recommended

Amazing little hostel. Great vibes and a nice deck to sit outside. They offer everything you could possibly need and are close to a supermarket. It's a good hostel to do everything or nothing

Had a great time at El Diablo Tranquilo, I originally only planned to stay for 3 days but that quickly turned into 9 days! Such an amazing location and wonderful people. They are very attentive and take customer service seriously. Highly recommended.

Great hostel! The staff were amazing - we arrived very early on the day of check in (before 8am) and they showed us straight to our rooms, let us have breakfast (fruit, juice, coffee, bread and spreads) and were great for the 2 night stay. Rooms are big and it's very clean. Only small comment would be to have bigger blankets for the beds as it was cold, and the blankets don't cover you very well at all!

Hi, thanks for your comments and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay here. We wish you a good continuation of your trip. For anyone else who's coming this way you should know we are always happy to provide extra blankets if you need. Saludos, the staff of El Diablo Tranquilo.

This hostel is easily one of my favorites I have ever stayed at. The staff are incredibly friendly and personable. Agustina, Eduardo and Agosto are all great people who are great at their jobs. This hostel literally feels like you´re staying at a close friends house. Very great atmosphere. Also, they cook dinner every night for a small price, and it´s always delicious. I would reccommend everyone to stay here!

Very good vibes in this place ! Good music and very friendly staff

1 2 Next » last »