El Diablo Tranquilo Reviews

Avenida Central S/N, Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

My visit here was in the slow season. My feeling is that backpackers travel here in the offsets on just to stay at this hostel. The staff and owners are as good as it gets.

Kitchen is very cramped.

EDT was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere, activities (we did the horse riding tours and took a surf class) were fun and we had a blast with the staff. They even have a building right down on the beach, Playa Suites, with a bar downstairs we spent a lot of time in which we could go hang out in

Great staff, very good food and always people around at night to have drink and a chat.

Thanks, we look forward to see you back. Regards from us.

Really a GOOD hostel! Cozy fireplace area with books and couches, the rooms are good and I got lucky that we were 2 in the 6 people dorm. The staff is great and helpful. They offer a horse tour that is a MUST take if you like to ride. It's beautiful, you really can go running with your horse and it's for 3 hours (worth every cent of the US$45)! The hostel also offers dinner for US$10 and it's good food even though it's late (9-10pm).

Hi, We are very happy to hear you had a good time here. We wish you all the best and a lot of fun during your travels. Regards from the complete staff.

El Diablo Tranquilo is excellent, not for the facilities (which are adequate for whatever you'll need), but for the location and staff. It's maybe 200 yards from a great beach, down the street from a mercado, and in a part of town that's easy to find. The staff is great too, all of them were very friendly and knowledgeable about the beach, and were more than willing to help. If I head back to Punta del Diablo in the near future, I'll definitely stay here again.

• 9th Nov 2014