El Faro Beach Hostel Reviews

Carretera hacia el Parque, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

My first night I spent in a dorm, when I got to the room, someone left their keys in the door and nobody ever locked them. I woke up to notice they left the door wide open. I decided to spend the rest of my time in a private room. The sheets had hard stains on them. I asked for new sheets and received dirty ones again. A guest of the hostel kept opening my shades from outside the window which was scary and I couldn't close it because it would be be 100F in the day. The showers had no hot water.

You get what you pay for, and manuel Antonio is not a backpackers haven by any means, but we did not really enjoy our stay here. Our biggest issue was the lack of security--because the hostel was basically all outdoors it felt as though someone could just walk into our dorm room at any time. The wristbands the hostel gave out to identify guests seemed useless since no one was actually monitoring our entry or exit. They also don't provide towels. The reception staff were pleasant though.

Crazy uncomfy beds.

The BEST location from the national park and the rest of Manuel Antonio. Worth every penny because the location, free parking and the convenience factor outweighs everything other factor about the hostel. There were many younger people when I went in December (peak season) and the facilities were average at best. But definitely book a private room in advance. Security was good. Gilbert was a fantastic volunteer and a great person to talk to.

The location is perfect, just 300 meters away from the national park entrance. Pool, kitchen and chill area were nice, the room was small but sufficient. The staff was really helpful in order to solve the problem that the bank charged my credit card twice. After 5 days I got my money back without further trouble.

Pros: Location and Price Cons: Rooms (uncomfortable and hot) The Hostel has a great location, 50m from the National Park entrance and 400m from the public beach. Price is really good, reflects the luxury. If you are looking for comfort and enjoying installations, it`s not recommended. However, I didn't spend much time inside, there's much to in the city. Beds are uncomfortable. Rooms don't have air-conditioning, if the weather is really hot, one would have trouble to sleep.

Good hostel, but the rooms were not really clean. But you only sleep there, so it's not a big deal. The swimming pool was great and clean!

The place is really nice, because of its pool and big kitchen. The rooms are really really simple and the mattresses uncomfortable. But for one or two days you will enjoy your stay, because it is a few steps away from the Manuel Antonio Park.

I'm not a fan of BIG hostels, I like them a bit smaller and feel more like a community. This place had decent amenities for a central american hostel, althought like 99% of the hostel, it did have COLD water and the shuttle guy was trying to hustle me to pay $50 for a 6 hour drive to Monteverde. Oh and this place charged $12/night for a dorm vs costa linda which is down the street (and not on this website). Costa linda charges $10/ night. Hey $2 a day makes a difference, that's like 2 beers!

• 4th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was super friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to make sure my stay was good. The main area has a pool and full kitchen, great for socializing and meeting people. Don't forgot to bring a towel and a blanket if you need one.

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels