El Faro Beach Hostel Reviews

Carretera hacia el Parque, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Very plain dorms but the pool and kitchen are nice. And they show movies from a huge sceen every night. Met amazing people during my journey.

The best thing about this hostel is that it's right next to Manuel Antonio National Park. The facilities are not very clean and the rooms get unbearably hot during the day, but at $10 a night it's not unreasonable.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel has the best location for visiting Manuel Antonio National Park. The room itself is literally like a corridor with bunk beds and lockers (in groups of four) lining the wall. It is really hot in the rooms during the day but that's when you are out and about anyway. There is a fan in the room and the beds have very thin mattresses. The showers are only privatised by a shower curtain and no additional space to get changed. The pool was an awesome relief from the heat.

The location was perfect, it was so close to the national park. The atmosphere and people were really cool, however it was a bit loud at night. There was no air conditioning but the fan in my ( private) room was perfectly fine, it wasn't too hot. The beds are very old and not very comfortable, and he wifi didn't work the majority of the time I was there.

• 20th Feb 2015

Cleaness is ok but sheets are super old and mattress is not very comfortable

If you need any help here look out for a Texan named Gilbert! He stays a lot and is probably the most helpful person in Manuel Antonio! Everyone who stayed in the dorm for my stay was quiet and respectful, pool, green space, kitchen - location can't be beat... Only sort downfall is a lack of hot water in the showers! Also finding the place - the hostel is lower on the hill from the Hotel, essentially the same location. I loved it so much I will be back!

My first night I spent in a dorm, when I got to the room, someone left their keys in the door and nobody ever locked them. I woke up to notice they left the door wide open. I decided to spend the rest of my time in a private room. The sheets had hard stains on them. I asked for new sheets and received dirty ones again. A guest of the hostel kept opening my shades from outside the window which was scary and I couldn't close it because it would be be 100F in the day. The showers had no hot water.

You get what you pay for, and manuel Antonio is not a backpackers haven by any means, but we did not really enjoy our stay here. Our biggest issue was the lack of security--because the hostel was basically all outdoors it felt as though someone could just walk into our dorm room at any time. The wristbands the hostel gave out to identify guests seemed useless since no one was actually monitoring our entry or exit. They also don't provide towels. The reception staff were pleasant though.

Crazy uncomfy beds.

The BEST location from the national park and the rest of Manuel Antonio. Worth every penny because the location, free parking and the convenience factor outweighs everything other factor about the hostel. There were many younger people when I went in December (peak season) and the facilities were average at best. But definitely book a private room in advance. Security was good. Gilbert was a fantastic volunteer and a great person to talk to.

The location is perfect, just 300 meters away from the national park entrance. Pool, kitchen and chill area were nice, the room was small but sufficient. The staff was really helpful in order to solve the problem that the bank charged my credit card twice. After 5 days I got my money back without further trouble.

Pros: Location and Price Cons: Rooms (uncomfortable and hot) The Hostel has a great location, 50m from the National Park entrance and 400m from the public beach. Price is really good, reflects the luxury. If you are looking for comfort and enjoying installations, it`s not recommended. However, I didn't spend much time inside, there's much to in the city. Beds are uncomfortable. Rooms don't have air-conditioning, if the weather is really hot, one would have trouble to sleep.

Good hostel, but the rooms were not really clean. But you only sleep there, so it's not a big deal. The swimming pool was great and clean!

The place is really nice, because of its pool and big kitchen. The rooms are really really simple and the mattresses uncomfortable. But for one or two days you will enjoy your stay, because it is a few steps away from the Manuel Antonio Park.

I'm not a fan of BIG hostels, I like them a bit smaller and feel more like a community. This place had decent amenities for a central american hostel, althought like 99% of the hostel, it did have COLD water and the shuttle guy was trying to hustle me to pay $50 for a 6 hour drive to Monteverde. Oh and this place charged $12/night for a dorm vs costa linda which is down the street (and not on this website). Costa linda charges $10/ night. Hey $2 a day makes a difference, that's like 2 beers!

• 4th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was super friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to make sure my stay was good. The main area has a pool and full kitchen, great for socializing and meeting people. Don't forgot to bring a towel and a blanket if you need one.

Perfect spot to stay if you want to go to the national park, and the beach is pretty close too. Nice pool and friendly staff -- I would definitely stay here again!

• 19th Jul 2014

Great location if want to be at park. But really hot and showers were crowded and not all working. Pool was nice.

The hostel was very accommodating. However, the beds were extremely uncomfortable.

• 16th Apr 2014

Mind you we were there Tuesday-Thursday of Semana Santa (Holy Week) so it was quite busy but the rooms were really tiny with no circulation, had paper thin walls (snoring from guy next door woke us up several times), and there was a lot of noise at all hours from families. Front desk people were very helpful, location right next to national park and a short walk to the beach, and nightly movie was cool. Would I stay again, probably not. The room wasnt good and sleep is too important for me.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5