El Gallo con Tacos Reviews

Almirante Riveros 025, Santiago, Chile

I never booked or stayed at this hostel. What's going on hostel world?!!!

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • cjf12
  • New Zealand

Hot shower (that doesn't stay hot for too long, but can be restarted), very kind staff, and very convenient location for sightseeing or heading to the Metro in Santiago. Breakfast is included and it's always fresh, creative, and delicious! They took dietary concerns into account.

Super nice hostel with a relaxed vibe

My friend and I had a great stay at Gallos con Tacos. It felt more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel. With made to order delicious breakfasts and a very nice private room, it felt more luxurious than your average hostel. The faculties were great, the staff were super nice. Highly recommended especially for those looking for a quieter atmosphere.

Beautiful tropical atmosphere inside with gorgeous decor in the lounge area and jungle bathroom. The friendly staff spoke decent english, definately enough to assist. They really went to efforts to make the breakfast fresh and delicious. It was very quiet at the time, so not a social hostel, more of a bed and breakfast. Hostel is unmarked from the street, so look out for number 025. Located close to Vicuña Mackenna with restaurants, mini-marts etc. Highly recommend!

This hostel is somewhat humble yet welcoming and comfortable. I must say I havențy met hostel staff that was as naturally and genuinely friendly. They went above and beyond meeting my needs. The breakfast was fresh, tasty and plentiful. Because it is served at one table at the same time, it has the potential of being a bonding and communal experience. Really recommend this place.

I am very glad to have stayed in this beautiful place. With the amazing breakfast they have served every day started perfectly and during the whole day sitting around in the wintergarden or in the kitchen which is used all the day by the stuff and by guests is so relaxing and so much fun. Thank you for all your help!

• 11th Jan 2016

Best Breakfast I have tasted on budget travels so far, is healthy, home cooked on that day, and vegetarian or vegan, just ask. Him made jam and juices. Accommodating staff when you ask them. Shower door needs a lock and a screen on the door for privacy but hot water, powerful spray. The hostel is vintage but don't expect quiet as other guests come & go regularly. Fantastic location, near Bella Italia but Santa Isabel lovely too. You can walk to the city Centre direct in 20 minutes via the park.

The place is harmonic and The staff very helpful and friendly good location and excellent breakfast. I had good time in El Gallo con Tacos.

Love this place... already recommended to 2 people since leaving this morning!! Breakfast is a must and the staff are friendly.

Andres and Omar are wonderful people, answering all of our question and offering recommendations for site-seeing, restaurants, transit, etc.. And the breakfast! The best you'll ever have at a Hostel!

One of the best Hostals I have ever stayed at. The staff is lovely, the atmosphere amazing, like an oasis inside the busy city. Best of all were the rooms and the breakfast! Hard to find but just ring the bell. You will not regret it, we loved it!!!

Amazing breakfast & helpful staff!

I have now stayed at Gallo con Tacos twice and both times my expectations were exceeded. If you are willing to spend just a little bit more, stay here! The breakfast alone makes it worth it-an omelette made just for you, fresh fruit and fruit juice, and a sweet treat for dessert. Delicious! Not to mention the extremely comfortable beds, the cleanliness, and the homey feel. Top it off with some of the kindest and most genuine staff you could ask for. It really doesn't get any better for a hostel.

• 20th Dec 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room with en suite bathroom for four nights and loved this hostel!! The hostel is well located, clean and very well kept. Andrés was extremely helpful: stayed up late to let us in when we arrived at 2 AM, offered excellent city recommendations, cooked the best breakfast I have ever had a hostel, and gives an overall peaceful and positive energy. We loved our stay so much that we'll be back for one night at the end of our travels before heading home.

The staff was so nice to us! The breakfast they made every morning specially for us was full of love :-) The staff really made work to give us a nice stay in Santiago.

El Gallo con Tacos is a very cozy hostel in Santiago. It is located close to a metro station in an old building on a quiet street. The patio is great with it's tiny pond, strawberries and grapes growing there and the cutest dogs in the world living there!The rooms are clean and nice. And yes, my first breakfast in Chile was incredible and actually, it was the best breakfast during my whole trip. The staff is very friendly and gives you a really warm welcome. It can be quite noisy there, though.

Absolutely awful. Our room downstairs next to the lounge conservatory. 1) No privacy. Room windows opened out to lounge which was shielded by a partition with gaps. Staffed seen poking around. 2) next door a staff member lived in a room with a noisy slide door. Constant opening and closing throughout night. 3) owner was never around & not helpful. Checking in he told my wife to RELAX when shown our showers which couldn't be locked. 4) no shower head just a downpipe.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

For the lucky ones, who Andre determines are not the types to get drunk, trash a place, or throw empties out of the window, he may offer an interesting alternative to living in the hostel. He rents out a 12th floor apartmento in a nearby high rise. Small, cozy, but you are essentially on your own. He'll still do laundry. Living in Santiago for the short haul doesn't get much better. Going out the guarded front gate, turn right, there is a sushi place. Right on Portugal a large corner supermarket

A great place just a short walk from the sights of Santiago, yet without being in among the mass tourists and locals who crowd the city center. Andre, the proprietor is a sweet workaholic. The whole place has a wonderful artistic touch to it. The beds are great, and there's a nice courtyard with fountain and juice bar. Laundry is done. Small markets are all around, and if you head across to Ave Portugal and go right, you will find a large corner supermarket with ATMs. hot meals, and good prices.

View all Santiago Bed and Breakfasts