El Galope Horse Farm

Superb 213 Total Reviews
Superb 213 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd May 2017

Absolutely gorgeous farm outside of Colonia. Perfect place to spend a couple of nice relaxing days. The owners Monica and Miguel are absolutely fantastic as well

• orez195
  • USA, Male, 25-30
23rd Mar 2017

This was the most amazing hostel I've ever stayed at. It was boutique style and had very delicate decorations throughout the entire hostel. A perfect way to take some time away from life to enjoy the beautifies of simple living in the farm. Delicious dinner, and lovely host. Couldn't ask for anything else.

• Portugal, Couple, 25-30
3rd Mar 2017

Monica was an amazing host. She helped us set up horse riding with a neighbor/ friend since her husband couldn't take us due to injury and it was an incredible experience in a perfect location. The stay was so peaceful and relaxing. Do the dinners if you go! They are delicious. The rooms were so comfy and quiet. A great experience overall!

• Denmark, Couple, 18-24
14th Feb 2017

Amazing place in the middle of nowhere! We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it! If you want to relax for a some time this is the place to do it! Miguel and Monica, the owners, made us feel like at home! We did a classic Uruguayan barbecue one night and it was the best! Unfortunately Miguel had a knee inquiry so no horse riding - we enticed the surrounding areas by foot in stead! We booked through booking.com and saved 50%

3rd Feb 2017

Very quiet and relaxing stay on the way to Montevideo. Hosts were extremely welcoming and friendly. Enjoyed my stay which was one night; spent my time sleeping and reading. Location is on a farm and getting to anything near is not convenient.

25th Jan 2017

This property is gorgeous and the owners were delightful. I never felt like I had to lock my doors because everything seemed very safe. The food was delicious. I went on a horseback ride through the countryside where I actually got to wrangle cattle with a real Gaucho. It was an experience I'll never forget!

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
11th Jan 2017

O had a perfect staying in El Galope. I really needed to relax and that was the best place! Ive been in a horse ride, followed by a refreshing bath in a well tube. At the sunset, we could watch the stunning full moon rising, surrounded by beautiful owls flying, a good red wine, sauna and a nice dinner. What else could I ask? 😊 Furthermore, Mônica is a very careful person and helped me with everything I needed. Ive chosen so right staying in El Galope at the end of my trip through Uruguay!

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Jan 2017

I had such a lovely time and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing break! The home cooked dinners are lovely and social and it is lovely dipping in the pool after the sauna at night with the moon! Monica is so friendly and makes you feel at home!

5th Jan 2017

This place is amazing! Comfortable, relaxing, clean, beautiful...I wish I stayed much longer. I'll be back!

• England, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

El Galope is absolutely incredible! You must stay here if you're heading to Colonia. Miguel and Monica are the nicest hosts, and they take such good care of the farm. It's so beautiful there - with no wifi, a pool, a secret hammock and amazing scenery, it's the perfect place to shut down and relax. The home cooked food is amazing, and you can see every star in the sky at night. I've never experienced anything like it! Also, you have to try out the horse riding lessons - they're awesome. 5 stars!