El Galope Horse Farm Reviews

Cno. Concordia, Colonia Suiza, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

More a B&B than a hostel so although it seems expensive you get a lot for your money. The food is very nice, the estancia was beautiful and horse riding was really good fun - Miguel is a great teacher. We only stayed for two nights but would have happily stayed longer.

Only disappointment was that they changed the horseback times from 7:40 AM to 15:30, which from I could tell was an attempt to keep travelers at the farm, thus leading to more money spent. Other than that the staff were very nice, and my friend an I are satisfied.

Great place to relax, friendly staff, beautiful environment and great food!

This place is the perfect antithesis to the bog city (either Montevideo or Buenos Aires) My stay there was peaceful and relaxing. The room was the perfect size for two people. The bathroom was clean, the water was hot...what else do you need? Miguel and Monica are the perfect hosts.

• 6th Apr 2015

We had a wonderful experience at El Galope. It is a relaxing place and professionally run establishment - very clean and the home cooked meals are plentiful and delicious. Monica and Miguel are always there to help but also give you space to relax. Miguel was also very patient with our non-existent horse riding skills. We enjoyed our 3 nights at El Galope. Thanks Monica and Miguel!

A nice place run by a hospitable couple. But everything was bit on the expensive side, beer 7usd/ basic meal 18 usd etc

The absolute best part about the El Galope Horsefarm is the service you get from your hosts Miguel and Monica Zubieta. They are smart, personable, worldly and most of all dedicated people with amazing stories. The Uruguayan countryside is quiet and bucolic. The reason to go here is because you want to get away from the frenetic pace of Montevideo, Punta, and Colonia. Highlights are Monica's homemade dinner in the common dining room and riding the horses. The horses are amazingly well trained.

I absolutely loved my stay at El Galope. The perfect break from the busy city of Buenos Aires, being in the beautiful countryside with no wifi access was bliss. Monica and Miguel are lovely hosts, helpful, friendly, and make you feel very at home. Sitting for dinners in the evening makes you feel like part of a big family. The horse riding was great, and the nearby beach. If travelling alone, I would advise to book early as dorm rooms are limited and booking a private meant paying for 2.

We loved spending the night here! Miguel and Monica were so friendly and easy going, as were the other guests. We highly recommend to anyone traveling in Uruguay!

• 2nd Feb 2015

Thank you for your rating and coments. Cheers

AMAZING!! One of my favourite places in 9 months of travelling! Monica and Miguel are fantastic hosts. What a tranquil, relaxing and amazing place to stay - I ended up staying longer. The horse riding is beautiful, getting out in the Uruguayan countryside is so lovely. The food was awesome - Monica is a fantastic cook. Rooms are excellent - super clean and homely. Absolutely fantastic place - you have to go!!

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels