El Galope Horse Farm Reviews

Cno. Concordia, Colonia Suiza, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

El Galope was exactly what I was looking for. It was peaceful, with choruses of wild things...and there were other guests from a range of countries to meet and speak with. The food was excellent and healthy and there were multiple options for spending time including good horses, (with spirits intact) a sauna and canoeing. Monica and Miguel were available and very helpful as well as interested in their visitors.

• 30th Jan 2016

Had a great time at El Galope! Very relaxing atmosphere at the estancia which is located right in the Uruguayan countryside, but still easy to get to.

This is an excellent place to get away from it all. Beautiful countryside. The room and bathroom was lovely, very clean and nicely decorated. We spent our time relaxing, reading, we walked through the hiking trails and rode the horses. The horses are beautiful and it was a great experience. Breakfast is good, pretty simple. We mainly cooked for ourselves as we were saving money but all the food we saw being served looked delicious. A nice way to see more of a 'gaucho' type of lifestyle.

I don't understand the reviews.You pay 20$ return for a taxi ride and then 25$/d to stay in the middle of nowhere.We asked for bikes,but there are none,so I'm supposed to walk 6km to the nearest town?No ride was offered as stated here.The two boxers running around were disturbing me all the time so I just stayed inside and read a book.The dinner we payed for was not enough and expensive.I understand there are insects on the coutryside,but many cockroaches in our rooms?Don't recommend this,sorry.

If you read reviews of guests who shared the stay with you they are very positive and seem to have stayed in another place. But there seldom a few people like you that see things different. We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay and that you did not let us know about it while you were her to make your stay better. Concerning prices, we send each guests a price list so that you knew them in advance. Besides this El Galope prices are just average. People come here to live a different experience in the countryside in the middle of nowhere. We go to town almost every day and we do offer a ride each time we go there. If we had known the dogs were disturbing you, we could have put them in their canil. Although most of our guests enjoy the company of our friendly pets. Nobody ever complained about meals. On the contrary, reviews are very positive. Check comments of guests that shared the table with you. This time of the year there are a lot of insects of all kinds everywhere whether you like them or not. That's why we have mosquito nets in all the windows and we ask guests to keep the doors closed not to have them inside. Our goal is to improve constantly and to make the best of each guests' stay. For this we need to know if there is any problem we can solve while you are still staying with us

Lovely farm in a beautiful setting. Fantastic food, horse riding was unforgettable. Great for a few relaxed days.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Malta

Extremely relaxing experience! Monica and Miguel made me feel at home during my stay. The dinners cooked by Monica and Asado by Miguel were exceptional. I had no experience with horses coming in but I am leaving with a little knowledge thanks to Miguel and His teaching. I would recommend a few days here to unwind and appreciate what the Uruguay countryside has to offer. El galope is a must!

This is a great hostel, particularly to rest in the beautiful country. The beds are nice and comfortable, it's warm and easy to get a really good night's sleep. The breakfast is also really great, as are all of Monica's meals. The horse ride was also fantastic, Miguel is a really good teacher and he takes a lot of pictures on your camera as well. I'd highly recommend this hostel to anyone, Monica and Miguel are nice, friendly and helpful.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels