El Genoves Hostal Reviews

Calle Cochera de Hobo 38-27, Cartagena, Colombia

Great hostel in a lovely building situated centrally within the historic centre of Cartagena. I only stayed one night but it seemed like a nice place and the breakfast was decent. But the real selling point is the incredibly friendly guy who works evenings - what a great guy!

Great hostel! Really really really helpful staff, especially Andres he made great restuarant recommendations and was really friendly! Had a great time at this hostel. It is in the centre and walking distance of Getsamani and lots of great restuarants.

Great hostel in good location, but avoid the 12 bed dorm at the front by the street as it is very noisy. Otherwise lovely.

A great, affordable hostel in a very central and happening section of the walled city. Surprisingly comfortable and quiet despite sharing a room with 11 others.

El Genoves Hostal is one of our favorite places among the ones we stayed at during our trip in Colombia. This is a really nice hostel, located in a beautiful house in the historical center of Cartagena. You have everything you need, included a very nice breakfast, nice and clean kitchen, good beds, swimming pool, etc. We only missed access to computers (but wifi works well). Special thanks to the receptionist, so welcoming and helpful, at anytime, even after we left! Thank you!

it's a beautiful place to be, is well located in historic Cartagena Downtown, close to everything, is not a big place but is ok, it has a small pool, and the staff help you with everything.

The fella that runs the hostel is extremely kind and helpful. The hostel has a comfortable kind of charm that makes you feel welcome, especially when traveling to a new country! Skip the breakfast and find a cute cafe in the neighb. Locks, towels and beverages are available for sale.

This place was AMAZING it was so clean the guy who sorted out breakfast was so cheerful the lady who worked in the day called me a cab exactly for the time I needed and made sure I didn't get ripped off the guy at night Andre was the highlight of my stay as he was great and very friendly. The roof terrace was well equipped the breakfast was toast cereal and coffee but that was good enough my only issue was that the lockers were tiny so I had to leave my bag out. But I would definitely go back!

Everything a good hostal should be. Quiet street but near everything. All the staff were REALLY helpful.

A special thanks to Andrès who made me feel welcome, always friendly and ready to answer your questions.

I got eaten alive by bed bugs in the dorm. In fairness they had had a company certify they were eradicated but that is no consolation when you spend the next week horrifically itchy. Eventually they agreed to refund my money and paid to have my clothes washed but it was a real battle and the woman on duty was so rude to me!!! Finally the owner came to sort it out. They didn't tell the others in dorm and sent bugs scurrying all over the place by moving the mattress ...with everyones stuff in ther

The staff that work the front desk are amazing. Adrian helped my friend and I so much when we got sick, offered to get us medicine, and made sure we were comfortable throughout our stay. It's a quieter vibe there, which is nice if you don't feel like partying. Rooms and bathrooms are really clean, and our stuff always felt secure.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Great little haven in the heart of the colonial town

Great location in San Diego. Kitchen ok. Many poor features. Most expensive dorm room for me in SA. No information/map provided on arrival. Quoted expensive price for city tour , which I did directly for half their price. Helpful young guy on recption but grumpy,old guy serving breakfast, always around checking on you. Terrace was unavailable, work being undertaken. Builders had radio on all day at high volume. No common area other than poorly lit by reception/tv space.

Loved my stay here. Located in the heart of the old city this old converted mansion is a perfect place for a hostel. It's quiet and on the smaller scale, but perfectly representative of Cartagena. AC and fans help bear the heat. The staff (particularly Andres) go above and beyond. Very highly recommended.

Location is good, staff friendly and helpful, comfy bed, dorm room and toilets very clean, lockers in room. But dorm room which is near common area and not far from entrance has no lock.

Beautiful space. Just the right combination of privacy and shared space. Very clean. Very secure. Quiet. Close to everything.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Latvia

You will not go wrong with this hostel. It's quiet, has a/c that works very well, and is CLEAN! The staff is amazing and it's in the heart of the city. Enjoy your stay!

Awesome hostel, really well located and has a great functional kitchen. Love the staff they were so friendly.

This place is wonderful! The staff is super friendly and helpful, always answering my questions thoroughly and with a smile. I felt very safe with the 24-hour guard on duty. The room and public areas were clean and attractive, and the neighborhood is peaceful and quiet, although close to bars and restaurants. I would definitely book here again.