9.0
Superb 339 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 339 Total Reviews
El Genoves Hostal Located at Calle Cochera de Hobo 38-27, , Cartagena.
Colombia
Cartagena Bolivar 130001 Calle Cochera de Hobo 38-27
90% 339
10.4270402 -75.5480191
    Rooms available

• Poland, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016

I couldn't wait to write a review about this hostel. Simply great. It is a bit pricey, but totally worth it. Service is lovely, very helpful. Rooms are clean, very very well maintained. Nice architecture and design. Swimming pool, breakfast included, good wifi, best location you can think of. Best one I stayed in.

13th Aug 2016

The best hostel in Cartagena

10th Aug 2016

I only stayed one night at El Genoves hostel, but I really enjoyed my stay. The location is excellent, and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Both women at the desk did everything they could to help me – including booking a bus to Santa Marta and helping me find the owner of a lost item! I also really appreciated the evening A/C in the rooms, because Cartagena was very hot. RECOMMENDATION: Stay in the 8-bed dorm over the 4 bed. The 4-bed dorm is almost too small for 4 people.

• anthonyaangulo703
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
3rd Aug 2016

This was a great place to stay. I was looking for something chilled after travelling for a while and this was the perfect place. The staff is super nice, even helped me out when I suddently remembered that I had to take a bus to Santa Martha for my flight and the staff at the front desk did everything she could so that I could make it there. I just made it on time. The place itself is really nice, the pool was awesome and it's in a perfect location, close to everything.

• USA, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2016

As a solo female traveller it was extremely nice that the workers took a keen interest in my safety and well being. They continuously checked in on me to make sure I felt at home and they went above and beyond to make me feel welcomed in Cartegena. It's a very chilled and quiet hostel, but I met some great people here and enjoyed it all!

25th Jul 2016

This was a really nice hostel, very clean and great location

• England, Female, 41+
24th Jul 2016
6.0

This hostal is in a great location for exploring the old town. The building is lovely, but it is old so some of the stuff doesn't work very well. Our shower was just a trickle.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2016

Andres greeted us when we arrived to Genovés and was the best part about our stay at this hostel. He helped us book a second night at the hostel and gave us helpful recommendations for our bus trip to Santa Marta. The pool and terrace were great for cooling off. Additionally breakfast was hearty and delicious. We recommend this hostel for your stay in Cartagena. The staff is wonderful!

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
14th Jul 2016

Exceptionally nice and helpful staff. Unfortunately the electricity cut out while I stayed there so I had no air conditioning for the second night of my stay, which was very uncomfortable. However this is obviously beyond the control of the hostel. My bag did not arrive with my flight and the staff here made every effort to help me in getting it. I would highly recommend this hostel.

4th Jul 2016

Great staff. They were very helpful giving us info about where to go in the city and how to get transportation from Cartagena to Santa Marta. Wonderful atmosphere with people from all over the world . The location is superbe and the construction is a small colonial house right at the heart of the old city .