El Genoves Hostal

Fabulous 437 Total Reviews
Fabulous 437 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 31-40
25th Feb 2017

We had an awesome stay! Front desk was very helpful! Clean, comfortable rooms, loved the cool funky decor!

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Feb 2017

It was great! We had a private room and it was perfect. The location was awesome and the staff was helpful. Definitely go to the Cuban restaurant at the end of the block.

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
21st Feb 2017

This hostel was great! The staff was lovely and the location couldn't be better! The only things that weren't that great were the breakfast (it's scrambled eggs and two toasts with butter only) and the prices are a very little high for the place (I had to sleep on the upper bed and it was awful). But overall we had a good experience! I would recommend this place.

14th Feb 2017

My stay was short, but sweet. The free breakfast in the morning was alright, and the beds were comfy enough for me. There's small lockers for valuables, just make sure you have a lock. Multiple bathrooms and showers to use, but the kitchen is very, very tiny. Hard to have more than 1 person cooking comfortably. The staff seemed to be filling in when I was there, so service was sub par, but talking to other guests it is normally better. The location is perfect for being surrounded by tourists.

11th Feb 2017
7.7

Cute, quiet, and for the most part clean. The lockers were TINY and half of them were broken in my room. The staff wasn't incredibly helpful but they were nice. Location is perfect and easy to find.

• renanafox4227
  • USA, Female, 25-30
30th Jan 2017

The hostel itself was wonderful. First off, it's in a great location near plenty of restaurants, two blocks from a bike tour, and close to lots of markets and the water. The hostel is beautiful and very clean with a great little pool and roof top. The staff was very nice and helpful and breakfast was delicious. There are lockers to store your stuff but you need your own lock. when I was there it was VERY quiet but I'm sure it depends on who stays there when you arrive. So happy I stayed there.

27th Jan 2017
7.7

Not bad, but not good. Rooms were average, pool in the center but other than that no real place to hang out and meet people. Nobody goes in the pool though it's just a little puddle. One dude at the front desk was cool and helpful, the other one was a dweeb. If he went to my middle school or high school I probably would have bullied him a little bit (and I'm not even the bullying type). Rent a towel for 2 dollars. Other than that it was fine, but nothing special.

22nd Jan 2017
7.1

Good location in the old city, walkable. Clean and pretty. Not very easy to meet other travelers though so if this is important to you, I recommend another hostel. Did not like that we had to put our sheets on our own bed, especially since we arrived late and woke up other travelers. Simple place.

16th Jan 2017

Amazing bathroom on the second floor for a 6-person room. Great small dipping pool in the courtyard and very nice rooftop. It is a quiet hostel but a great place to enjoy a few days in Cartagena away from the noise.

1st Jan 2017
7.4

Pros: - Outlets by the beds - Provided breakfast - Cool rooftop to hang out on - GREAT location - Take credit cards Cons: - Zero atmosphere when I was there (over New Years, so would expect a lot but was mostly local Colombians) - Cash "mysteriously" disappeared from my wallet when I forgot it in the bathroom for