El Genoves Hostal Reviews

Calle Cochera de Hobo 38-27, Cartagena, Colombia

I got eaten alive by bed bugs in the dorm. In fairness they had had a company certify they were eradicated but that is no consolation when you spend the next week horrifically itchy. Eventually they agreed to refund my money and paid to have my clothes washed but it was a real battle and the woman on duty was so rude to me!!! Finally the owner came to sort it out. They didn't tell the others in dorm and sent bugs scurrying all over the place by moving the mattress ...with everyones stuff in ther

The staff that work the front desk are amazing. Adrian helped my friend and I so much when we got sick, offered to get us medicine, and made sure we were comfortable throughout our stay. It's a quieter vibe there, which is nice if you don't feel like partying. Rooms and bathrooms are really clean, and our stuff always felt secure.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Great little haven in the heart of the colonial town

Great location in San Diego. Kitchen ok. Many poor features. Most expensive dorm room for me in SA. No information/map provided on arrival. Quoted expensive price for city tour , which I did directly for half their price. Helpful young guy on recption but grumpy,old guy serving breakfast, always around checking on you. Terrace was unavailable, work being undertaken. Builders had radio on all day at high volume. No common area other than poorly lit by reception/tv space.

Loved my stay here. Located in the heart of the old city this old converted mansion is a perfect place for a hostel. It's quiet and on the smaller scale, but perfectly representative of Cartagena. AC and fans help bear the heat. The staff (particularly Andres) go above and beyond. Very highly recommended.

Location is good, staff friendly and helpful, comfy bed, dorm room and toilets very clean, lockers in room. But dorm room which is near common area and not far from entrance has no lock.

Beautiful space. Just the right combination of privacy and shared space. Very clean. Very secure. Quiet. Close to everything.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Latvia

You will not go wrong with this hostel. It's quiet, has a/c that works very well, and is CLEAN! The staff is amazing and it's in the heart of the city. Enjoy your stay!

Awesome hostel, really well located and has a great functional kitchen. Love the staff they were so friendly.

This place is wonderful! The staff is super friendly and helpful, always answering my questions thoroughly and with a smile. I felt very safe with the 24-hour guard on duty. The room and public areas were clean and attractive, and the neighborhood is peaceful and quiet, although close to bars and restaurants. I would definitely book here again.

Very good hostel. You got a nice small pool to refresh, the AC in the dorms were working very well, which is very vital, and there is a basic breakfast.

Greaat little hostel, a lot quieter and chilled that the bigger Viajeros close by. They have aircon in the 4 person room I stayed in and a small swimming pool to chill out in.

Nice, somewhat more quiet hostel, conveniently located. Friendly staff. Could use more power outlets.

The hostel is clean, comfortable and the staff are very helpful. It's a chilled out hostel where you can get a good night's sleep. There's also aircon and a fan so the dorm was cool at night with the air on and relatively cool during the day with the fan. I'd definitely stay here again.