El Genoves Hostal Reviews

Calle Cochera de Hobo 38-27, Cartagena, Colombia

Fantastic hostel. A pool and open plaza make for a very relaxed and inclusive atmosphere. Talk to Andres up front - nicest guy ever and will point you towards good food, bars, and help with negotiating with local vendors!

It's worth staying here just to meet and have the help of the most pleasant staff. Andres is amazing and will help you with anything you need and readily available. Located on such a beautiful street in Cartagena!There's nothing negative I could say about this place, it really is wonderful!

Amazing location within the old walled city! Helpful staff and lovely clean rooms.

nice swimming pool. excellent location near everithing there is to see.

This hostel is in a great location on one of the prettiest streets in Cartagena, in between 2 popular plazas with lots of shops, restaurants and bars, and very close to the wall. The staff are so friendly and helpful- I was there over my birthday, Andres brought me a beer and a cake complete with a candle and singing "happy birthday"- was so thoughtful to make my day special while travelling alone so far from home. Mattress was very comfortable, a/c and fan kept it cool. Bathroom was clean.

• 14th Feb 2015

Great location and really nice chilled atmosphere. It's not a party hostel but easy to meet people to party with if you want. Comfy dorm beds with lockers. Quiet :-) Andres on reception is so helpful, informative and lovely. Breakfast is just toast and cereal. Could use more power points in dorm. But excellent hostel, I'll be going back after Carnaval

Andres was a welcoming guide to Cartagena and to Colombia!; I couldn't imagine a nicer desk manager. The lobby had plenty of character without going over the top, and Plaza San Diego is perfectly located.

• 10th Feb 2015

Hostel was clean, comfortable and equipped with A/C. Location was central to many destinations within Cartagena.

Gorgeous hostel on colourful and pretty street with good restaurants on. Good breakfast of toast and cereal. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good showers and bathrooms.

I loved my stay at the Genoves. The staff was wonderful and helpful when I was sick. The room was great and the hostel was really clean. The only thing that i didn't love was the breakfast that was included with the room. With so many fresh fruit in Colombia, i think they could offer some fruit, not just cereal.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

Okay hostel. Good enough for the value. Andres at the front desk was outstanding, everyone else in the staff was okay. The AC/room-fan was broken throughout my stay. They advertise free breakfast, just be warned this means three pieces of white bread, a cup for coffee, a bowl for somewhat old cereal, and a small glass of lukewarm milk.

Andres are the best! Merci

Great hostel in a lovely building situated centrally within the historic centre of Cartagena. I only stayed one night but it seemed like a nice place and the breakfast was decent. But the real selling point is the incredibly friendly guy who works evenings - what a great guy!

Great hostel! Really really really helpful staff, especially Andres he made great restuarant recommendations and was really friendly! Had a great time at this hostel. It is in the centre and walking distance of Getsamani and lots of great restuarants.

Great hostel in good location, but avoid the 12 bed dorm at the front by the street as it is very noisy. Otherwise lovely.

A great, affordable hostel in a very central and happening section of the walled city. Surprisingly comfortable and quiet despite sharing a room with 11 others.

El Genoves Hostal is one of our favorite places among the ones we stayed at during our trip in Colombia. This is a really nice hostel, located in a beautiful house in the historical center of Cartagena. You have everything you need, included a very nice breakfast, nice and clean kitchen, good beds, swimming pool, etc. We only missed access to computers (but wifi works well). Special thanks to the receptionist, so welcoming and helpful, at anytime, even after we left! Thank you!

it's a beautiful place to be, is well located in historic Cartagena Downtown, close to everything, is not a big place but is ok, it has a small pool, and the staff help you with everything.

The fella that runs the hostel is extremely kind and helpful. The hostel has a comfortable kind of charm that makes you feel welcome, especially when traveling to a new country! Skip the breakfast and find a cute cafe in the neighb. Locks, towels and beverages are available for sale.

This place was AMAZING it was so clean the guy who sorted out breakfast was so cheerful the lady who worked in the day called me a cab exactly for the time I needed and made sure I didn't get ripped off the guy at night Andre was the highlight of my stay as he was great and very friendly. The roof terrace was well equipped the breakfast was toast cereal and coffee but that was good enough my only issue was that the lockers were tiny so I had to leave my bag out. But I would definitely go back!