El Granado Reviews

Conde de Tendillas 7, Granada, Spain

The rooms are very clean and modern with very big lockers, but the bunks are triples and thus a little cramped. The owner is friendly and helpful, but there was a super surly guy who seemed to be an employee hanging around the common room most of the time which gave it kind of an uninviting atmosphere. Additonally, the staff weren't 100% helpful on getting alhambra tickets—they had no idea that you can often buy them shortly in advance on ticketmaster.

Great hostel! Amazing facilities and very friendly staff. Definitely recommend it!

Loved it!! Fredrik and his cohorts have created a haven of gracious hospitality. Clean rooms, great bathrooms, good breakfast, safe, a reasonable walk from the train station, quick walk to town center with connections to anywhere you want to go, lots of eating options --- and the ever helpful staff! It made my stay in Granada very special. Best wishes for every success

This is a super cozy hostel in a convenient location. Everything was great! The owner Jose was very nice and helpful. Clean and spacious rooms and bathrooms. There is a kitchen available and a very cute rooftop terrace to enjoy meals or hangout with other guests. Although there are set times for breakfast you can have access to it earlier or later if you wish. This was fantastic when I wanted to get an early start in the morning. The fresh squeezed orange juice was amazing!

Great facilities, nice common spaces, very secure. Water pressure was amazing (!) in the one bathroom. Beds were comfy, staff was super helpful once I warmed up to them. Social atmosphere was lacking, I don't think staff did much to create an atmosphere, but maybe guests just weren't as social when I was there. I'm very sensitive to smoke, so I didn't like the smoke coming into my room from the courtyard. Aside from this one issue, I'd definitely stay here again. Great hostel!

Beautiful hostel in good location. Staff was amazing and so helpful and kind. Common areas were lovely, great people, great value for money, especially the private rooms and apartments. Rooms were comfortable, spotless, and restful. Bed was awesome, best night's sleep I had the whole trip. Liked: common areas, staff, comforters on beds, value for the money, comfort. Wifi a little spotty in the rooms, but not a big deal. Reception does close, so let them know about late arrivals. Favorite hostel!

This was a beautiful tranquil hostel. It definitely wasn't a 'party' hostel and so it wasn't an environment to easily meet other travellers. Otherwise, it was a very clean, well run, and cozy kind of place.

Central location, close to train station and most big sights in the city. Comfortable and cozy space with plenty of common areas. Very relaxed environment, clean rooms and bathrooms.

A comfortable stay. Can recommend to other travellers.

Parking directions were vague, but we would highly recommend El Granado.

The staff in El Granado are very nice and funny, they are so nice to treat me as a friend and also give me many recommendations to visit Granada. And I also like the room, kitchen room.....the decoration is worm. If u will stay in Granada, just choose El Granado!

Amazing time.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Puerto Rico

I had a wonderful experience here, definitely stay at El Granado. I was traveling alone and felt instantly at home with help from all the friendly staff and the other guests. It is located very close to all the main attractions, is quiet and relaxed with comfortable bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, lounges and ROOFTOP! El Granado is quite small in numbers, which allowed me to get to know and hang out with most of the other guests. I loved it, and didn't want to leave!

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at- so comfortable, really beautiful, well run, and full of really interesting and friendly people. I couldn't recommend it highly enough!

I stayed two nights in El Granado recently and could not recommend it more. From the moment we were checked in we were shown fantastic spots around Granada for all sorts of activities and tapas bars. The rooms are excellent and I had probably the best nights sleep I've had while travelling. If you are travelling through beautiful Granada I highly encourage you to stay in El Granado.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff was extremely helpful and gave a brief overview of the city. A beautiful place with an awesome small little roof top terrace with a nice view of the city. Will definitely return to this hostel if I ever return to Granada.

Great place, very neat and clean. Cozy rooms and a nice common room. Few minutes walk from all the main bar areas. Very quiet street.

Very nice hostel, very clean, good beds, very nice and helpful staff, in the city centre, everything in walking distance - I would stay there again!

A little non-typical, but cozy and friendly atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bunk beds were a bit close vertically and one bathroom was a bit awkward in arrangement,

Hugely helpful and welcoming staff, great location and lovely atmosphere.

• 22nd May 2014