El Granado Reviews

Conde de Tendillas 7, Granada, Andalucia, Spain

The hostel is awesome and beautiful. Staff is so great too. Best hostel i stood so far!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Cool people, wicked kitchen layout. And the bunk rooms were amazing- not your traditional 2-way bunk I'm used to and a great use of space. The lady who we only met on arrival with the long brown wavy hair was really nice and we could have talked to her for hours! The only downside were the showers but when everything else was great, that's not the end of the world Very family friendly and great for all ages- laidback friendly environment so exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend this place!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Lovely place tucked into a quiet alley. Felt very much at home.

The best example of hostel, probably the best hostel ever seen. Everything is excellent: entrance, staff, kitchen, internet, terrace, rooms, cleanliness, people, atmosphere, price, location, t° inside dorms, large lockers with hook for jacket, local advice. Seems people really love their job and know how to maintain a hostel. The only drawback is an inconstant hot water in a shower - the only step from 100% excellence.

A great hostel - very clean, good facilities, newly renovated, helpful staff. Good value breakfast for 2 euros. Not much hot water in the top floor bathrooms though.

It was my first hostel experience and it was amazing! Awesome hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I like the hostel! the owner is very helpful to guide us what to see and where to eat. The hostel is in a good location, walking distance to the cathedral; and it is in a local styled building. i was told that one of the wall in the common living room was built in 11th century, the others were later, in 14th century. wow. anyway, it is very nice experience for us to feel Granada by staying there.

The most confortable hostel I've stayed in Spain. Great rooms ( I stayed in double rooms ), with air heater, good blankets, TV, good furniture and places to organize cloths, helpfull staff even at night. As the big living room is a little bit cold in february, the kitchen is the place to chill out. Complete kitchen. The owner Fredy works at the place, what is good. Great value for money. Take a breath before going up the stairs!

What an enjoyable stay at El Granato after finding it on a quiet street appropriately far enough from the crowd. It is less than a five minute walk from the Catedral and ten minute walk from Reyes Catholicos. The facilities and amenities were superb but what really stood out were the staff. Really nice and attentive, super chilled out hostel I will definitely come back to stay in and would highly recommend to others.

• 24th Feb 2014

I just felt like home, thank you so much!

I stayed in a 3 bed dorm though I had booked a 4 bed. But that´s ok. And the best part about the room was, that we had our own basin!!

I really enjoyed my stay in El Granado. PROS: The rooms are spacious The bed are very comfy The wi-fi connection is awesome Staff is friendly and very helpful CONS: Location. The hostel is right in city center but it's not the easiest place to find. Besides that there's not much to see in the city center, the main attractions are 10/15 minutes away (by bus). It is a great hostel but would prefer to stay closer to the main attractions of the city.

Really enjoyed my stay there! Never slept that well in a hostel bed. I would definetly recommend it!

Really beautiful space, incredibly comfortable, and great kitchen. Not a lot of hot water.

Amazing staff, great service! I will be back!

• 7th Feb 2014

best check in we've had in over 30 hostel stays around europe. freddy was professional, personable and overall a nice guy. also the comfiest beds we've had. hostel was quiet when we were there so not much atmosphere but can imagine in summer it would be great.

Great hostel with nice facilities. The breakfast was good value and the staff were very helpful. Great location.

Staff were very helpful and kind. The *only* aspect of the accommodation that was not 100% was that the water in the shower was really cold :( We would recommend this hostel FULLY - it's such a lovely house, with excellent staff and it has a very good feel to it.

This hostel was great! As soon as I came in the woman at reception (Lena?) showed me a map of Granada and marked the different neighborhoods and places I should see. Which really helped me to plan my three days there. My room was really clean and cozy and came with a big locker. The location was on a quiet street in a safe neighborhood. It was about a 15-minute walk from the Albayzin (my favorite neighborhood in Granada) and also really close to the more modern areas with shops.

Frankie and the staff at El Granado are absolutely top notch. The hostel itself is clean, modern and spacious. It's easy to meet other backpackers in the common room. The 2 EUR breakfast is a nice option to have. I'll definitely stay here for my next trip to Granada.