El Granado Reviews

Conde de Tendillas 7, Granada, Spain

The lady who checked me in was sooo helpful! She gave me a map and pointed out the things i need to see and do and where to go to eat. I have never experienced anyone give such a detailed introduction and I highly appreciated it. Great hostel all round!

Great clean hostel, centrally located, run by the owners who are extremely knowledgable and helpful!

Staffs was AWESOME!!! If I go back to Granada I'm sure that I would stay El Granado hostel. Nice locker and nice atmosphere. And, the most important thing is you must be the Big fan of Real Madrid!!!

Perfect hostel. The Staff were wonderful and very helpful.

The hostel is awesome and beautiful. Staff is so great too. Best hostel i stood so far!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

This hostel is the only hostel in Andalusia with beds large enough for people larger then 1,80m. At least the only one I visited xD. Great rooms, clean bathrooms (we had a room with shared bathroom), very cool persons at the reception (they showed us all the insider places for the best tapas in town) and about a 7 minutes walk away from the city. I recommend this hostel to any one who is planing a visit at granada.

Cool people, wicked kitchen layout. And the bunk rooms were amazing- not your traditional 2-way bunk I'm used to and a great use of space. The lady who we only met on arrival with the long brown wavy hair was really nice and we could have talked to her for hours! The only downside were the showers but when everything else was great, that's not the end of the world Very family friendly and great for all ages- laidback friendly environment so exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend this place!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

This is probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was extremely helpful and the facilities were amazing. The lockers were absolutely gigantic, and the bunks were very solidly built. Highly recommend!

Lovely place tucked into a quiet alley. Felt very much at home.

The best example of hostel, probably the best hostel ever seen. Everything is excellent: entrance, staff, kitchen, internet, terrace, rooms, cleanliness, people, atmosphere, price, location, t° inside dorms, large lockers with hook for jacket, local advice. Seems people really love their job and know how to maintain a hostel. The only drawback is an inconstant hot water in a shower - the only step from 100% excellence.

A great hostel - very clean, good facilities, newly renovated, helpful staff. Good value breakfast for 2 euros. Not much hot water in the top floor bathrooms though.

It was my first hostel experience and it was amazing! Awesome hostel.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I like the hostel! the owner is very helpful to guide us what to see and where to eat. The hostel is in a good location, walking distance to the cathedral; and it is in a local styled building. i was told that one of the wall in the common living room was built in 11th century, the others were later, in 14th century. wow. anyway, it is very nice experience for us to feel Granada by staying there.

The most confortable hostel I've stayed in Spain. Great rooms ( I stayed in double rooms ), with air heater, good blankets, TV, good furniture and places to organize cloths, helpfull staff even at night. As the big living room is a little bit cold in february, the kitchen is the place to chill out. Complete kitchen. The owner Fredy works at the place, what is good. Great value for money. Take a breath before going up the stairs!

What an enjoyable stay at El Granato after finding it on a quiet street appropriately far enough from the crowd. It is less than a five minute walk from the Catedral and ten minute walk from Reyes Catholicos. The facilities and amenities were superb but what really stood out were the staff. Really nice and attentive, super chilled out hostel I will definitely come back to stay in and would highly recommend to others.

• 24th Feb 2014

I just felt like home, thank you so much!

I stayed in a 3 bed dorm though I had booked a 4 bed. But that´s ok. And the best part about the room was, that we had our own basin!!

I really enjoyed my stay in El Granado. PROS: The rooms are spacious The bed are very comfy The wi-fi connection is awesome Staff is friendly and very helpful CONS: Location. The hostel is right in city center but it's not the easiest place to find. Besides that there's not much to see in the city center, the main attractions are 10/15 minutes away (by bus). It is a great hostel but would prefer to stay closer to the main attractions of the city.

Really enjoyed my stay there! Never slept that well in a hostel bed. I would definetly recommend it!

Really beautiful space, incredibly comfortable, and great kitchen. Not a lot of hot water.