El Granado Reviews

Conde de Tendillas 7, Granada, Spain

Let me emphasize value for money. Felt like I got a great deal. Had a pleasant experience. I particularly liked that every guest had a lockable closet.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Freddy runs an awesome hostel - great place to stay for a quick exploration of Granada

Very clean and bright rooms. Easy to find and good location near quite a few tapas bars. Had a pleasant walk back from the Alhambra to the hostel. WiFi worked great in the room and staff were very helpful. Breakfast was offered at an additional cost but we didn't eat there. Will definitely stay here if in Granada again.

Staff informative, but not very warm, no personal tour of hostel or room. Very clean throughout. No breakfast included, but could be purchased. Coffee only available with breakfast, but tea available all day. One shared bathroom had 1 toilet, 1 sink, and 1 shower; the other had 1 toilet, 1 sink, and 2 shower stalls. Bunk beds were a little flimsy. Each bed had its own light, but top bunks had no electrical outlet. Lockers were very big - two bags could fit easily. Bus + short walk from airport.

We had an unbelievably great stay here! I don't think I've ever been in as beautiful, clean, and friendly of a hostel. My partner and I stayed in the private room, which was gorgeous and ridiculously good value for the money. Every staff member we interacted with was beyond friendly and helpful. I can't think of any complaints at all - just awesome all around.

• 21st Jan 2016

this is a great hostel and ticks all the boxes......i have used lots of backpackers over the years and can genuinely recommend El Granada. The owners are debra and Freddie and along with their staff they really make you welcome and give you plenty of time when you have questions...its not a noisy place and close to everything you need...dont pass up a stay here!

One of the nicest hostels I've been to. Very clean bathrooms. Comfortable beds and nice staff.

Everything was great ! Noting to complain about.

Not good to meet people. There is a common area, but nobody is here. There's 3 beds on top of each other, and if someone moves, it makes a noise, so I had a very bad sleep.

Really enjoyed our stay in the apartment at the top of this gorgeous building, everything was perfect and amazing value for money! Really recommend this to anyone! Only thing is you can hear when people get back to the hostel in the evenings, so would suggest ear plugs! But other than that I loved this hostel and will definitely stay again! Thank you!

After weeks of backpacking and sleeping at hostels, El Granado was refreshing, and I had a fantastic stay! Relaxed and quiet, yet not uptight. Beautiful old building, great location, great common room. The music playing downstairs was lovely, too. Definitely recommended! :)

Not much of an atmosphere but it was a lovely hostel nonetheless!

Definitely the best value for money! We stayed at the 3 bed apartment, beautiful, very clean, in the quite zone, very stylish and luxury for a hostel. Towels and shampoos included and buffet breakfast for only 2,5 euros more. The atmosphere was very nice during the morning in the kitchen-main room, friendly and relaxing. Highly recommended!!!

Everything was even better than I expected, great location and friendly, helpful proprietors.

Excellent hostel. Very central, Friendly and helpful team of staff, Great atmosphere!

Lovely hostel with very friendly and helpful staff who made me feel very welcomed from the minute I arrive! Fantastic location and one of the cleanest hostels I've ever been to. Shame it wasn't summer as they have a lovely terrace and patio. Will def stay there next time I visit Granada. Only thing to improve is more sturdy bunker beds in the female dorm as the current metal ones are flimsy/noisy. Tea n coffee available all day is a great way to get to know people. Thanks for a lovely stay!

Really comfortable and attractive place with nice feel and friendly staff. Only comment for improvement Is the wifi seldom allowed access from the dorm. Reception wifi was fine.

• 29th Nov 2015

There is nothing wrong with this hostel for a quick stay. Facilities are solid, each bed comes with access to a spacious locker (which you get the key of) and the 2.5 euro buffet breakfast is nothing fancy but satisfying. Some less a-ok things though: location is pretty remote from city center/Alhambra, staff not interested in giving recs for things to do in the city (you can usually stumble on some gems that way), wifi was an abomination in the room aaand you don't get your own power outlet

One of the best experiences of any hotel/ hostel that I have stayed in my entire life. It is excellent value for money, a unique atmosphere, very friendly staff, in a central location close to everything you need or want to see. Free tapas with wine/ beer is at every bar/resto near. Fell in love with this place called El Cambalache literally 150m away (tip: try Morama red wine) El Granado is a historic building dating back 6 centuries to Moorish times so you are staying in a part of history!!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Algeria

Excellent lockers for storing luggage, extremely secure and clean hostel in a gorgeous 14th century building, good breakfast for 2.50, fully stocked kitchen, good atmosphere, bed is comfortable and made for you, good location very near the cathedral and city center. What more can you ask for? The building is a little chilly (I visited in November), so just don't expect to waltz around in a tee-shirt... Hardly a complaint. Staff very helpful, let me store my bag for hours. Only there one night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3