El Granado Reviews

Conde de Tendillas 7, Granada, Spain

Our first experience with a hostel and it could not have been better.

Such great atmosphere. I felt at home, the bed was super comfortable. Rules are a bit strick but it keeps for a nice clean stay. Be sure to take advantage of the roof!

El Granado is a charming and well-located option for travellers looking for something cheaper than a hotel and a step up from your average hostel. Very helpful staff and friendly atmosphere.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

one of my favorite hostel. facilities and locations are very nice. but the best part of this hostel is hospitable stafffs. the guy Goyo(Im not confident with spelling) was just like my old friend. he taught me some spanish and how to use my new shisha. thanks Goyo! :) one thing you have to consider before make a dicision is that they have a dog in the living room. of course the dog is so cute and nice. actually the dog was another best part of this hostel to me.

Cool hostel, really pretty, really helpful staff and only a short walk from the centre of town

Very nice Hostel, well located and the guys at the reception made the stay so pleasant.

Nice staff and location. Must be very quiet at night in public areas, they are strict. Great otherwise.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Breakfast was nice and good for the price. Beautiful place. Not great for meeting other guests outside of your own room though.

We stayed two nights at the hostel and were very pleased to have picked El Granado. The staff was very nice and welcomed us with lots of info and suggestions on what to do in the city. The hostel itself is nice: the kitchen is cosy, our room was clean and even had its own washbasin, and the common bathrooms have been recently renovated. Breakfast is good too, and the atmosphere is welcoming overall, both for those who want to socialize a bit and for those who want to relax more individually.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience with this hostel. It was kind of tricky to find at first since it is tucked away in a side alley, but the location is fairly convenient and located near one of the Cathedrals. The guy who helped me check-in was super helpful and gave me a map with all sorts of advice immediately, without even having asked! The rooms are fairly spacious, the lockers are great, and no complaints on the bathroom.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. My only complaint would be that we wasn't told that the kitchen would be closed from 12am until 8am, and so we bought lots of food to cook breakfast at 5:30am before we left but that turned out to not be a possibility and then we decided to wait so to not waste the food and the hobs were covered up until 11am. I think a communal kitchen should give you full access to its facilities.

We try to adapt to what the mayority of our guests prefer. Most of our guests and our staff value a good nights sleep. To keep noise down to a minimum we close common areas between midnight and 8 am, as stated on big signs. Between 8am-11am kitchen is occupied by breakfast eaters. Very few of our guests wants to cook food before 11am or at 5.30am, they prefer having a good nights sleep and a good breakfast. After all, they are on vacation.

Lovely atmosphere, nice people and the free coffee at any time of the day was absolutely brilliant after a long roadtrip!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Romania

Nice hostel, staff polite and helpful, giving me good advice for hiking in siera narvada which i enjoyed very much. Good kitchen nd common area. I met many nice travellers there. Only thing is that the bed is 3-desks, slept in the highest bed is quite inconvenient and u cannot sit in the 2 lower bed, still recommend to everybody!

Thanks for your nice words and we´re glad you enjoyed your mountain adventure. We have two patios, one terrace and a common room, all with tables and chairs if you want do something sitting up, asuming that your bed is for sleeping. Hope to see you back soon.

Huge room compared to similarly prices others we have stayed in. Located in University accommodation area so lots of noise at night if your room faces the street.

We are sorry you were disturbed by people on the street at night. For good and for bad, close to a third of Granadas population are students. Our street is usually quiet, since it is not a main street and has no bars. We also have doubleglassed windows to prevent noise. But staying in the center of Granada on a weekend, some "happy" students could be noticed. Sorry.

Nice and cheap.

Great location. Helpful staff that point out all the best sights and restaurant locations on a map. Bathroom facilities extremely clean!

Very good place to stay. Wooden Bunk Beds, so not shaky. VERY good Bathrooms and very clean. Nice Kitchen and places to hang around. A little bit remote, but 10 minutes to all the places of interest. Would definitely recommend!

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice atmosphere and funny staff, lavatory is clean!

This is a great hostel with an excellent and very helpful staff. I really liked everything about this hostel, but one thing - the internet connection was very bad. It may not be a big deal for you, but for those who work remotely, it may present a problem.

Very friendly staff and easy to socialise and meet other guests there. Rooms were spacious and along with the bathrooms were modern very clean. Big lockers were a plus. Breakfast was also above average. The staff even helped us carry our bags upstairs - (thanx Debra n Goyo with nice hair). Had a great stay n would recommend.