El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

Very relaxed hostel. Kind staff and the best breakfasts.

Amazing breakfast!

We stayed here at the beginning of our Guatemala journey and we liked it so much that we came back in the end of it. It is a few blocks away from the parque central but that is not a problem because right next to the hostel are a lot of nice restaurants and bars. The service is really good here. They offer a lot of tours but it's the same price (or cheaper) as if you book it at a booking office The included breakfast is awesome and the staff is friendly and helpful. 10/10 would come again

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Austria

A really friendly hostel with a lovely laid-back atmosphere. All the staff and travellers were friendly, and happy to help with any questions or excursión quiries. The breakfast and fruit smoothies are brilliant!!!

• 21st Aug 2014

Highly rated on hostelworld but i have stayed in other hostels in antigua which are much cheaper and just as good. Nothing bad to say about the place other than the high price. I enjoyed my stay

Great breakfast, good rooms and nice courtyard to relax in with other guests. This is my second visit and I would highly recommend it over other hostels in Antigua that I've stayed in.

Feels like a big family! Loved it!!

Excellent staff. Very clean. Bathrooms were cleaned many times during the day. Very good breakfast and a nice bar.

El Hostal was a great place to stay in Antigua. Staff was super helpful. Our room did not have a window, but otherwise the facilities were amazing. I would definitely stay there again.

Fantastic stay here!! The staff are the nicest people, will help you with any shuttles or tours you need and even made me a packed lunch when i left at 4am for the airport. Clean rooms, great, chill vibe and the best happy hour in Antigua!

Great hostel, good location. Top notch breakfast and super friendly staff

Has a great vibe and a lot of cool people passing through. The staff is great and really helpful with helping you arrange travel

Great hostel and good vibe. We arrived late at Guatemala airport and they had a shuttle waiting for us which was really nice. The hostel was amazing with great interior and a nice patio. Also the city center is very close by. I would definitly recommand this place!!

• 14th Jul 2014

This place is awesome! The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are super clean. They have great breakfast options that are included in the price of the room. I would definitely stay here again!

Perfect place to kick start our adventures in Guatemala. Really nice, chill, and clean hostel always full of good people. The breakfasts are amazing and the smoothies are too! Nothing like kickin' back on the hammock with a smoothie after a long day of sightseeing and volcano hike. Also, Mario and Clay were AMAZING. They were so helpful and always made sure my travel buddy and I had our tours and shuttles booked.

We stayed in a private room (with 2 queen size beds) which was very nice & clean. The free breakfast is awesome! they also make great smoothies. The location is really good and within walking distance to everything in town. The bathrooms are clean and the common area is nice. the only problem is that the rooms are all around the common area and the restaurant so it's not really possible to sleep in late as there is noise early in the morning as people will be going in and out of the restaurant.

Really enjoyed our stay! Staff are so friendly and helpful even when we needed to change a tour at the last minute due to being sick. Try their smoothies!!! AMAZING! :)

This place was a really chille out place to stay in. Staff were so friendly an incredibly helpful. It was slightly quiet when I was there, however, a number of people were going off to the volcano trek at 6 in the morning on both days so wanted to get a decent sleep in. So basically, it will be quiet one night and then more exciting the next, just depends on what day you arrive on. All in all, great place to stay and their pancakes in the morning are amazing and free which is good.

El hostal is "the best place to come home to" is the best way I can describe this place! I've been here twice while traveling in Guatemala and it was really nice to be somewhere familiar for a minute traveling! The staff are great. The place is constantly being cleaned. Seriously super clean yay! Breaky is great. They are great at arranging tours and shuttles for u too. It's a social hostel and not a party hostel within the hostel. They turn music off at 10 pm.

nicely run hostel. The bar across the street wasn't too loud. I did the early morning volcano hike and didn't have a problem getting full night's sleep. Very helpful staff and awesome breakfast. I would stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3