El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

Great hostel to stay at, very laid back and accommodating. The staff are kind, very helpful and attentive to needs. Great breakfast in the morning.The common area is nice, and I enjoyed the music that they played.Not much of a party hostel, but they don't advertise as being one anyways.I stayed here prior to my flight back to the States, and they did a good job at making sure I got there in time and with reliable transport. I'd recommend staying here if you're looking for a chill atmosphere.

Good, but really quiet, lights are usually off by about 10. Included breakfast is nice, "free filtered water" is suspect (I got sick so I recommend sticking with bottled). The hotel is a little far from the main square but safe and secure. If you're looking to socialize, this isn't the place, stay at Jungle Party. If you're looking to get a good night's sleep, stay here and still go drink at Jungle Party, it was a lot of fun.

We enjoyed our stay, lovely breakfast and chilling out area.

Great hostel, very relaxed and friendly staff. All the guests seemed to get along and mix really well, with a really friendly vibe.

• 6th Feb 2015

Staff, under the radar, but always cleaning. There ready to help you, but not obtrusive. Good guests, polite, and quiet. I only had fruit for breakfast, and left early the next morning, but what a good deal. You can order about whatever you could want. Friendly. bunch of world travelers....

super helpful staff best free breakfast! fab location comfy beds nice bathrooms

Very nice place, thank you! Just one thing: There was no shuttle to the airport at the time i needed, so i asked for a private taxi at the reception. I thougt it would be a regular taxi but they gave me a private driver. That would be ok but it was expensive (35 Dollars), very bad maintained and extremely slowly. We had to stop at a gas station because the motor got hot and smoke filled the car. Apart from that, great hostel, wonderful time!

Thank you for your comments, it help us to improve the service that we offer to our guests, we are really sorry to hear about the delay and the problem with the vehicle, it is some times a little hard to make all the people get involved in the same way to provide a good service, we will work harder in the Transportation and with the Drivers to resolve these kind of problems, again thank you very much for staying with us.

Second home! El Hostal was our first hostel in Guatemala and at the end we returned another 2 times, because we felt so comfortable there. The stuff was friendly day and night, breakfast was awesome, atmosphere was great, we used the well equipped kitchen,.. Just found a second home in Antigua!

• 26th Jan 2015

Awesome breakfast. Right across from Cafe Nose which is a cool bar at night...it makes up for the fact that the quiet hours in the hostel are at 930 p.m. even on weekends. I would definitely stay here again. It's not a party hostel, but the people you meet are way better than the ones you'd meet at those types of hostels.

Great hostel. Very quiet. Definitely not the place to party as they shut down the bar and ask people to be quiet at 9:00pm. But there's a bar just next door. Very good breakfast which is included. Great helpful and joyful staff.

I cannot rave about El Hostal enough. Staff were great and helpful in organising tours/shuttles etc, the place is cleaned seemingly every ten minutes or so, easy walk in to the town square, great vibe and fantastic taste in music in the common area. The hostel is beautiful and the free breakfast was amazing for being free! Only because I need to find something negative I would say the lay out of the bathrooms is a bit strange but that's just a comment and we LOVED our stay here.

The free breakfast here is amazing! Even if u don't want to sleep here, just book anyway for the breakfasts! They have a menu of omelets and other breakfast options! A menu! Then they cook it to order in their kitchen and it comes out about 10 mins later! They have a decent bar with wine, beer, and hard liquor that's open 4p-8p. They start shutting down lobby lights, discouraging talking at 8p and by 10p, the lobby is dark and the hostel is silent. Music across street can b heard, but pleasant.

• 19th Jan 2015

Nice hostel - My first stay was in 7man dorm. Very peaceful a d great experience. My second stay was in 10mN dorm at front of hostel. Avoid this if you can!! The noise from the bar across the street is excessive, the door to the dorm doesn't close properly so impossible to change/sleep if you are in abed by the door. Tours/transfers from here are overpriced - definitely book elsewhere. If you avoid the ten man dorm, it's a nice place to stay...

The best hostel I've stayed at so far in Guatemala. We stayed here for 5 nights, left to explore Guatemala and were very content with a layover night back in Antigua just so we could stay here again. Beds are comfy. Actually hot showers. Clean towels included. Great happy hour and place to lounge during the day. Breakfast included is sooo good (I recommend the chile rellano!!). The front 10 person dorm is on the street and a bit loud at night because it's across from cafe no se (great bar)

Very nice hostel with delicious breakfast. Hot showers do not always work and the booking of my airport shuttle did not work the way I had booked it.

Good hostel

The best hostel I have yet to stay at. Excellent staff, delicious complimentary breakfast, good music playing, large lockers to fit your whole backpack in, near to the center, good happy hour prices. The over all vibe is awesome, felt safe always. Very clean and hot hot showers! I would definitely recommend to stay here when in Antigua. Some awesome restaurants on the same street and cafe no se, a bar/ cafe with live music.

Wonderful place and very impressive breakfast. One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in in Latin America. Quiet at night and nice people.

We very much enjoyed our stay at El Hostel. The staff was most helpful in organizing transportation to Panajachel and we returned for an extra night. The breakfasts and the smoothies are great.

• 7th Jan 2015

Day workers are nice. All rooms are open to the general population and to the public. There is really no night security and anyone can come in. If you are returning late at night someone will let you in but you do not have to prove you are staying there and you can bring in whoever you wish. We were staying in a 10-bed mixed dorm and one of the guys brought back a female from outside.

« first « Prev 1 2 3