El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

Feels like a big family! Loved it!!

El Hostal was a great place to stay in Antigua. Staff was super helpful. Our room did not have a window, but otherwise the facilities were amazing. I would definitely stay there again.

Fantastic stay here!! The staff are the nicest people, will help you with any shuttles or tours you need and even made me a packed lunch when i left at 4am for the airport. Clean rooms, great, chill vibe and the best happy hour in Antigua!

Great hostel, good location. Top notch breakfast and super friendly staff

Has a great vibe and a lot of cool people passing through. The staff is great and really helpful with helping you arrange travel

Great hostel and good vibe. We arrived late at Guatemala airport and they had a shuttle waiting for us which was really nice. The hostel was amazing with great interior and a nice patio. Also the city center is very close by. I would definitly recommand this place!!

• 14th Jul 2014

This place is awesome! The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are super clean. They have great breakfast options that are included in the price of the room. I would definitely stay here again!

Perfect place to kick start our adventures in Guatemala. Really nice, chill, and clean hostel always full of good people. The breakfasts are amazing and the smoothies are too! Nothing like kickin' back on the hammock with a smoothie after a long day of sightseeing and volcano hike. Also, Mario and Clay were AMAZING. They were so helpful and always made sure my travel buddy and I had our tours and shuttles booked.

We stayed in a private room (with 2 queen size beds) which was very nice & clean. The free breakfast is awesome! they also make great smoothies. The location is really good and within walking distance to everything in town. The bathrooms are clean and the common area is nice. the only problem is that the rooms are all around the common area and the restaurant so it's not really possible to sleep in late as there is noise early in the morning as people will be going in and out of the restaurant.

Really enjoyed our stay! Staff are so friendly and helpful even when we needed to change a tour at the last minute due to being sick. Try their smoothies!!! AMAZING! :)

This place was a really chille out place to stay in. Staff were so friendly an incredibly helpful. It was slightly quiet when I was there, however, a number of people were going off to the volcano trek at 6 in the morning on both days so wanted to get a decent sleep in. So basically, it will be quiet one night and then more exciting the next, just depends on what day you arrive on. All in all, great place to stay and their pancakes in the morning are amazing and free which is good.

El hostal is "the best place to come home to" is the best way I can describe this place! I've been here twice while traveling in Guatemala and it was really nice to be somewhere familiar for a minute traveling! The staff are great. The place is constantly being cleaned. Seriously super clean yay! Breaky is great. They are great at arranging tours and shuttles for u too. It's a social hostel and not a party hostel within the hostel. They turn music off at 10 pm.

nicely run hostel. The bar across the street wasn't too loud. I did the early morning volcano hike and didn't have a problem getting full night's sleep. Very helpful staff and awesome breakfast. I would stay here again.

Best hostel we've stayed at. Great, friendly and attentive staff. The place is always clean. Everyone is respectful, breakfasts are amazing and Choco makes the place work.

El hostal was brilliant. The staff nice and very helpful, especially Francisco, my special thanks goes to him :)! Ha a great time and absolutely loved Antigua!! They had the best breakfast and smoothies and the breakfast is included! Unbelievable! Loved it. Would defo stay there again!!

Was very noisy from the rooms as you are right there where the common area is.. lucky they turn the music off at around 10pm.

El Hostal is an excellent hostel located mere blocks from the main square. There are numerous restaurants nearby and direct pathway to Cerro de la Cruz is very convenient. The staff were extremely helpful with shuttle service to Panajachel (Lake Atitlan) and overnight buses to Tikal Maya Archeological Site. Great atmosphere, large lockers below the beds, bag storage for day & extended trips, etc. Nice value for the money.

One of the best hostels I stayed in so far. Really nice atmosphere with great staff, big yummy breakfast included,hot showers and happy hour from 4 to 8. I had a great time there.

Good, clean hostel. Nice rooms and helpful staff. Little bit of a walk to town but town is small so no bother.

When I arrived, I was coming off of a 16 hour bus ride, and the night attendant told me they had lost my reservation. Not exactly what you want to hear at that moment. However, I looked at the sheet and my name was right there. While that was incredibly disheartening and a little rude, the rest of the staff made up for it. Not only did they help me arrange a bus to Flores for the next day, they also let me store my things until the shuttle came and gave great advice on things to see in Antigua!

« first « Prev 1 2 3