El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

Excellent staff helped us organise so much. They organised a taxi from the airport straight to the hostel. We really enjoyed our stay.

Great place! Very friendly

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel!! Amazing breakfast - you got a restaurant style menu to choose from. They pack you a sandwich if you are leaving for a tour early morning as well. Good rooms. Very clean. Clean showers. Loved this hostel! Would just like them to give more elaborate directions to the hostel as one can be dropped off at the centre by a shuttle.

Good location, excellent / super friendly staff, amazing breakfast, fair price. What else can you ask for? I think it's the first time I rate a hostel 100%, they are totally worth it.

Nice hostel with very helpfull and nice staff (saludos a Mario!), you can organized your trip to Chichi, volcanos, Atitlan etc. from the hostel. Hot showers, very good breakfast included (you can choose from 10 proposition), clean rooms and comfortable beds. Only problem is the noise from the bars all around (but this is Antigua!) and, unfortunatelly some of the guests, if they spend time in the patio. So - ears plug recomendable. And the prizes..., it is not so cheap.. but again, this is Antigu

Very relaxed hostel. Kind staff and the best breakfasts.

Nice hostel, super breakfast. Friendly staff. Only negative side is that wifi did not work properly in our private room.

Amazing breakfast!

We stayed here at the beginning of our Guatemala journey and we liked it so much that we came back in the end of it. It is a few blocks away from the parque central but that is not a problem because right next to the hostel are a lot of nice restaurants and bars. The service is really good here. They offer a lot of tours but it's the same price (or cheaper) as if you book it at a booking office The included breakfast is awesome and the staff is friendly and helpful. 10/10 would come again

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Austria

A really friendly hostel with a lovely laid-back atmosphere. All the staff and travellers were friendly, and happy to help with any questions or excursión quiries. The breakfast and fruit smoothies are brilliant!!!

• 21st Aug 2014

Highly rated on hostelworld but i have stayed in other hostels in antigua which are much cheaper and just as good. Nothing bad to say about the place other than the high price. I enjoyed my stay

Great breakfast, good rooms and nice courtyard to relax in with other guests. This is my second visit and I would highly recommend it over other hostels in Antigua that I've stayed in.

Feels like a big family! Loved it!!

Excellent staff. Very clean. Bathrooms were cleaned many times during the day. Very good breakfast and a nice bar.

El Hostal was a great place to stay in Antigua. Staff was super helpful. Our room did not have a window, but otherwise the facilities were amazing. I would definitely stay there again.

Fantastic stay here!! The staff are the nicest people, will help you with any shuttles or tours you need and even made me a packed lunch when i left at 4am for the airport. Clean rooms, great, chill vibe and the best happy hour in Antigua!

Great hostel, good location. Top notch breakfast and super friendly staff

Has a great vibe and a lot of cool people passing through. The staff is great and really helpful with helping you arrange travel

Great hostel and good vibe. We arrived late at Guatemala airport and they had a shuttle waiting for us which was really nice. The hostel was amazing with great interior and a nice patio. Also the city center is very close by. I would definitly recommand this place!!

• 14th Jul 2014

This place is awesome! The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are super clean. They have great breakfast options that are included in the price of the room. I would definitely stay here again!