El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

I only stayed one evening but I enjoyed my time there, the facilities are eclectic and clean, the beds in the 8 person dorm were comfy. Breakfast was very nice and there are plenty of lockers. The staff is very kind.

The place is nice, clean and quiet. a bit further away,but everything here is walking distance. the staff us very nice and helpful, and the brakefasts are amazing! the only drawback is that there is no proper kitchen to cook other meals in.

El Hostal was great! Solid location, great food/smoothies and good facilities. Could have been a bit cleaner, but overall no complaints!

Super clean! Great food, Friendly and Helpful staff!

• 19th Aug 2015

Great extremly friendly and helpful staff. Great hostel with beautiful courtyard. Enjoyed it a lot. Stayed in Antigua in another hostel before which was so bad compared to this one. I recommend this unconditionally.

• 18th Aug 2015

A very clean and tranquil hostel which looks great and is in a good location. The staff were always extremely helpful and booked a host of trips on our behalf. The free breakfasts are also very good. This is a quiet hostel and the bar doesnt stay open late. This wasn't a problem for us as we would go elsewhere to drink late, but bare this in mind when choosing. There are several other hostels to chose if you want a party vibe. We can't recommend this place enough!

Breakfast is included in the price and it's really good! Staff super friendly, helpful & speak English. Clean. Great location. Free wi fi. Filtered water is Q1. Lovely place to chill out. Definitely not a party hostel. There are dorms but also some private rooms. Bathrooms are shared but hostel is like a boutique hostel so not crowded. We never had to wait for the shower or toilet. Hot water too!

Extremely helpful staff, great place to stay!!

Superb hostel. Few blocks from main area, lovely lounge area with bar and fountain in the middle. Superb breakfast included. We did private one night and then dorm the next, we then went away for a few days and returned for one more night before flying out of Guatemala City. Highly recommend for any backpacker, be it lone or among a group.

Great breakfast. Good range of tours available. Very helpful and friendly staff. Would stay here again.

Best hostel ever! Clean freandly safe I felt at home!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Wonderful lounge area and friendly staff.

Great location, good breakfast, nice atmosphere, clean. Would definitely stay again.

Amazing breakfast incl. The coffee , selection of options and made to order. Staff are super friendly and helpful - they really make the effort to learn your name and get to know you. Happy hour everyday. Beautiful and clean hostel, central location near some cool bars and restaurants. Hot showers! 100% recommend staying here. You will not regret.

Excellent hostel, with friendly staff and lovely owners, and a great atmosphere. Felt like a home away from home.

• 27th Jul 2015

The hostel was great! Easy to find, had all the amenities, and was very clean. The breakfast (included) was delicious, and the extras to buy for breakfast were great! In the evening they had a happy hour, which I never got to enjoy, but it seemed fun! Things got a little noisy at times, with music playing or people out in the foyer, but overall it was manageable. We definitely did not want a loud party hostel! It was close to Parque Central and great restaurants! Would stay here again :)

Great place to stay! Nice and quiet but close to all the party spots so you get the best of both worlds! Clean rooms and bathrooms and good amount of lockable storage, great wifi too and the breakfast is the best free breakfast I've had in a hostel! The staff are super friendly and will help you organise anything from volcano tours (highly recommend the overnight Acatenango with Mario!) And shuttle busses to move you on. If you're going to Antigua i definitely recommend staying here!!

TL;DR – a safe bet, but don’t expect anything spectacular. Good hostel, overall I’m not sure it really deserves its rating. Breakfast was definitely top notch for a hostel. I arrived late and had an early tour; water was shut off overnight so I couldn’t take a shower. I stayed 4 nights and it was basically impossible to book or get info on tours after 8pm which was annoying. The lady in the morning was super helpful though. Like others have mentioned, it’s noisy until 1 or 2am.

• 17th Jul 2015

This is the best hostal I've ever been in! The atmosphere is fantastic, the breakfast is amazing and everything is spotless clean. I keep going back to Antigua just to stay here - and I still don't want to leave! Thank you, Gaby and Clay - you really succeeded in your dream of making this hostal a wonderful place to stay. And thank you Marina, Mario, Ivan and Fransisco for always being smiling, helpful and helping me practice my Spanish. I wish I could just stay here forever!

Good clean hostel with helpful staff and secure lockers for storage. My one complaint is the mens' showers - they're cramped right up against the toilets, so it's difficult to take a shower without getting your clean change of clothes and towel wet!

« first « Prev 1 2 3