El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

Great food and drinks, Super friendly staff, clean and well organized. I would definitely come back.

A bit far away from the bus station and central market. On the other hand, good bars just opposite (Cafe No Se, Sky Bar etc) Very clean. Very friendly staff. Nice relax area with couch, lying chairs and bar. Good travel agency with fair prices.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Very clean bedrooms and bathrooms. A wonderful stay!

• 29th Mar 2015

Really loved this place, would stay again in a heartbeat. Everything a hostel should be - cheap, clean, comfortable, good breakfast, and helpful staff. Thanks again!

Really nice bar and common area. Good place to relax during the day. Can be loud, especially during happy hour. I had a room with a window to the lounge so ask for one away from it if you need quiet. There's restaurants all around and they'll help you arrange any accommodations/day trips to the best of their abilities. The female staff I loveeeeddd! The males at the desk were just eh, didn't speak English so well so business was a bit tougher with them. Houses a lot of spanish language students.

I used El Hostal as a base for much of my two week trip to Guatemala. I'd highly recommend it. Good beds, friendly staff, decent location, excellent breakfast included.

It's a lovely hostel with a capable, friendly staff. I recommend the Ranchera breakfast.

Great place to stay, very quite, very clean, great showers and toilets, good breakfast.

Great hostel in Antigua. Great shower, locker facilities, lockers, clean bed. Stayed here for a few nights. Love it

We had a confusion situation with the number of people in our group and the type of room requested, but El Hostal's staff was incredibly understanding, welcoming and eager to help and serve us. We had a fantastic experience and thank the staff sincerely for their patience and kindness.

This place was perfect for us. Comfortable, inviting, friendly staff, and amazing breakfast/food. Definitely recommend to anyone staying in antigua.

This place was great! Don't come here for a party - but you will meet great people and feel really at home. There is a great Mezcal bar across the road with live music and it's buzzing every night for your party fix. So clean. Great showers. Friendly staff. You'll feel at home. The free breakfast was outstanding!

Great hostel to stay at, very laid back and accommodating. The staff are kind, very helpful and attentive to needs. Great breakfast in the morning.The common area is nice, and I enjoyed the music that they played.Not much of a party hostel, but they don't advertise as being one anyways.I stayed here prior to my flight back to the States, and they did a good job at making sure I got there in time and with reliable transport. I'd recommend staying here if you're looking for a chill atmosphere.

Good, but really quiet, lights are usually off by about 10. Included breakfast is nice, "free filtered water" is suspect (I got sick so I recommend sticking with bottled). The hotel is a little far from the main square but safe and secure. If you're looking to socialize, this isn't the place, stay at Jungle Party. If you're looking to get a good night's sleep, stay here and still go drink at Jungle Party, it was a lot of fun.

We enjoyed our stay, lovely breakfast and chilling out area.

El Hostal was excellent. Close to No se bar, and a few nice restaurants around the area, but a bit further away from the rest of the hostels in town. Excellent beds, great facilities and staff were quite helpful.

Great hostel, very relaxed and friendly staff. All the guests seemed to get along and mix really well, with a really friendly vibe.

• 6th Feb 2015

Staff, under the radar, but always cleaning. There ready to help you, but not obtrusive. Good guests, polite, and quiet. I only had fruit for breakfast, and left early the next morning, but what a good deal. You can order about whatever you could want. Friendly. bunch of world travelers....

super helpful staff best free breakfast! fab location comfy beds nice bathrooms

Very nice place, thank you! Just one thing: There was no shuttle to the airport at the time i needed, so i asked for a private taxi at the reception. I thougt it would be a regular taxi but they gave me a private driver. That would be ok but it was expensive (35 Dollars), very bad maintained and extremely slowly. We had to stop at a gas station because the motor got hot and smoke filled the car. Apart from that, great hostel, wonderful time!

Thank you for your comments, it help us to improve the service that we offer to our guests, we are really sorry to hear about the delay and the problem with the vehicle, it is some times a little hard to make all the people get involved in the same way to provide a good service, we will work harder in the Transportation and with the Drivers to resolve these kind of problems, again thank you very much for staying with us.

« first « Prev 1 2 3