El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

The dorms at the street side are noisy. But the hostel is really nice, great tours, great bar and nice staff!

Friendly, relaxed, super clean.

• 12th May 2015

Welcoming atmosphere, delicious free breakfast. Very safe and clean

• 1st May 2015

Comfortable beds, quiet at night so it was easy to sleep. The front desk was manned 24 hours a day and entry was via locked gate for security. Common area had comfortable couches and enough outlets to for residents to keep their gear charged up. The wi-fi was pretty reliable and fairly quick. No AC but I loved the free breakfast and the hot water in the showers. The staff was friendly, helpful, spoke some English and could arrange transportation and outings to local attractions. Recommended.

My stay in hostel was great! Atmosphere very relaxed and easy. Francisco was very organized, patience and friendly. Very professional, extremely helpful staff. Breakfast is delicious and you can purchase fresh veggie, or fruit juice or smoothie. Coffee could be stronger. Bathroom could get update.

I had a great experience at El Hostal. It was close to town but quiet. They had a cute courtyard and offered a complimentary breakfast each morning. All of the staff was friendly and very helpful!! I highly recommend it!!

• 15th Apr 2015

Lovely, friendly staff. Really clean hostel, breakfast included, great deal! Will def come again!

• 12th Apr 2015

This hostel was very well-taken care of, clean, and comfortable! A great place to hang out and call home for a few days! The staff were very knowledgeable and the location was perfect.

Great food and drinks, Super friendly staff, clean and well organized. I would definitely come back.

A bit far away from the bus station and central market. On the other hand, good bars just opposite (Cafe No Se, Sky Bar etc) Very clean. Very friendly staff. Nice relax area with couch, lying chairs and bar. Good travel agency with fair prices.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Very clean bedrooms and bathrooms. A wonderful stay!

• 29th Mar 2015

Can't say enough good things about this hostel and its staff. The place overall is beautiful, clean, and well thought out. The included breakfasts are delicious, the happy hour is awesome. Additionally, we were there during semana santa and our other hostel lost our reservation so these guys let us sleep on the couch just so we wouldn't be on the streets. Really shows that they're in the business because they care about travelers, not just about making money. Really wonderful place!

Had a great time. Friendly and knowledgable staff. Comfy beds and an amazing breakfast. Stayed twice and would go back again.

Really loved this place, would stay again in a heartbeat. Everything a hostel should be - cheap, clean, comfortable, good breakfast, and helpful staff. Thanks again!

Really nice bar and common area. Good place to relax during the day. Can be loud, especially during happy hour. I had a room with a window to the lounge so ask for one away from it if you need quiet. There's restaurants all around and they'll help you arrange any accommodations/day trips to the best of their abilities. The female staff I loveeeeddd! The males at the desk were just eh, didn't speak English so well so business was a bit tougher with them. Houses a lot of spanish language students.

I used El Hostal as a base for much of my two week trip to Guatemala. I'd highly recommend it. Good beds, friendly staff, decent location, excellent breakfast included.

It's a lovely hostel with a capable, friendly staff. I recommend the Ranchera breakfast.

Great place to stay, very quite, very clean, great showers and toilets, good breakfast.

Great hostel in Antigua. Great shower, locker facilities, lockers, clean bed. Stayed here for a few nights. Love it

We had a confusion situation with the number of people in our group and the type of room requested, but El Hostal's staff was incredibly understanding, welcoming and eager to help and serve us. We had a fantastic experience and thank the staff sincerely for their patience and kindness.

« first « Prev 1 2 3