El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

My stay in hostel was great! Atmosphere very relaxed and easy. Francisco was very organized, patience and friendly. Very professional, extremely helpful staff. Breakfast is delicious and you can purchase fresh veggie, or fruit juice or smoothie. Coffee could be stronger. Bathroom could get update.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Poland

Lovely, friendly staff. Really clean hostel, breakfast included, great deal! Will def come again!

• 12th Apr 2015

This hostel was very well-taken care of, clean, and comfortable! A great place to hang out and call home for a few days! The staff were very knowledgeable and the location was perfect.

Great food and drinks, Super friendly staff, clean and well organized. I would definitely come back.

A bit far away from the bus station and central market. On the other hand, good bars just opposite (Cafe No Se, Sky Bar etc) Very clean. Very friendly staff. Nice relax area with couch, lying chairs and bar. Good travel agency with fair prices.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Very clean bedrooms and bathrooms. A wonderful stay!

• 29th Mar 2015

Can't say enough good things about this hostel and its staff. The place overall is beautiful, clean, and well thought out. The included breakfasts are delicious, the happy hour is awesome. Additionally, we were there during semana santa and our other hostel lost our reservation so these guys let us sleep on the couch just so we wouldn't be on the streets. Really shows that they're in the business because they care about travelers, not just about making money. Really wonderful place!

Had a great time. Friendly and knowledgable staff. Comfy beds and an amazing breakfast. Stayed twice and would go back again.

Really loved this place, would stay again in a heartbeat. Everything a hostel should be - cheap, clean, comfortable, good breakfast, and helpful staff. Thanks again!

Really nice bar and common area. Good place to relax during the day. Can be loud, especially during happy hour. I had a room with a window to the lounge so ask for one away from it if you need quiet. There's restaurants all around and they'll help you arrange any accommodations/day trips to the best of their abilities. The female staff I loveeeeddd! The males at the desk were just eh, didn't speak English so well so business was a bit tougher with them. Houses a lot of spanish language students.

I used El Hostal as a base for much of my two week trip to Guatemala. I'd highly recommend it. Good beds, friendly staff, decent location, excellent breakfast included.

It's a lovely hostel with a capable, friendly staff. I recommend the Ranchera breakfast.

Great place to stay, very quite, very clean, great showers and toilets, good breakfast.

Great hostel in Antigua. Great shower, locker facilities, lockers, clean bed. Stayed here for a few nights. Love it

We had a confusion situation with the number of people in our group and the type of room requested, but El Hostal's staff was incredibly understanding, welcoming and eager to help and serve us. We had a fantastic experience and thank the staff sincerely for their patience and kindness.

This place was perfect for us. Comfortable, inviting, friendly staff, and amazing breakfast/food. Definitely recommend to anyone staying in antigua.

This place was great! Don't come here for a party - but you will meet great people and feel really at home. There is a great Mezcal bar across the road with live music and it's buzzing every night for your party fix. So clean. Great showers. Friendly staff. You'll feel at home. The free breakfast was outstanding!

Great hostel to stay at, very laid back and accommodating. The staff are kind, very helpful and attentive to needs. Great breakfast in the morning.The common area is nice, and I enjoyed the music that they played.Not much of a party hostel, but they don't advertise as being one anyways.I stayed here prior to my flight back to the States, and they did a good job at making sure I got there in time and with reliable transport. I'd recommend staying here if you're looking for a chill atmosphere.

Good, but really quiet, lights are usually off by about 10. Included breakfast is nice, "free filtered water" is suspect (I got sick so I recommend sticking with bottled). The hotel is a little far from the main square but safe and secure. If you're looking to socialize, this isn't the place, stay at Jungle Party. If you're looking to get a good night's sleep, stay here and still go drink at Jungle Party, it was a lot of fun.

We enjoyed our stay, lovely breakfast and chilling out area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4