El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

The area is very noisy on weekends because of a bar that plays loud guitar music on weekends. You will also not have a chance to sleep in even if you have a single; that is if you are easily awakened by blenders, people talking over breakfast and cooking (I was so exhausted that I managed to only half-wake up to these sounds, which quieted closer to 11am). The hostel is very nice, has good fast internet and is well known in town. The staff are very helpful. I would stay here again :)

Geniales Hostel. Super tolle Mitarbeiterinnen. Super sauber. Einfach perfekt. Great hostel, great staff, super clean, just perfect.

• 12th Dec 2014

Great location, facilities and services aside, what really makes this hostel special is the staff. Always friendly, happy and keen to help, whether it's booking transport, recommending restaurants or practising Spanish. A big thanks to them all!

my only complaint is with those who share a dormitory but act as if the space is theirs to turn on lights and/or carry on loud conversations when others are sleeping. This is not unique to this hostel.

100%. Staff amazing. Breakfast amazing. Life amazing.

Excellent, cosy and tidy hostel. Free breakfast is really good too and the hot showers are a rare thing. One of the best hostels I've stayed in Central America..

This was a great hostel! Antigua is a small town and this hostel is located only a few blocks away from the main square as well as the market. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are happy to help arrange transport to/from the airport as well as other spots you might want to visit. I'd highly recommend staying here on your trip to Antigua.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • India

Very nice place and staff!

Very nice and clean hostel. Breakfast was amazing and staff so friendly and helpful! Big lockers under the bed were excellent.

Very nice place!

My cousin and I stayed here for two nights and it was such a pleasurable stay. The staff are really friendly, down to earth, and laid back. The ambiance is very comforting and the breakfast was great! It was such a cool vibe place to just chill and kick it after roaming around the city. When I come back to Antigua I will definitely stay here again!

Great hostel, good breakfast, fast wi-fi, excellent showers, always clean. Stay in the dorms at the back as the front ones are a bit noisy (Cafe No Se is across the road).

Great staff, nice atmosphere. Most people wanted to make new friends and have drinks at night. However, it was really quiet at night, so no problems to sleep. Awesome breakfast! Try the huevos rancheros

Fantastic hostel! The staff was so nice and helpful, it was super clean and the breakfast was amazing. Thanks for a great stay!

This is by far the best hostel that I have ever stayed at. It has a great atmosphere, everything is clean and the showers are always hot. The breakfast was delicious. Everything was just great about this hostel; I have no complaints. I would definitely stay again; I wish I could stay at hostels like this every time I travel.

Lovely staff, who were so helpful and kind. The set-up is beautiful and comfortable with the open area in the centre. Included espresso coffee in the morning would be appreciated, but this is a minor complaint. The huevos rancheros more than made up for it!

• 6th Nov 2014

Very impressed with this hostel. Nice dorm beds which are made for you every day. Fast internet. Like 10 options on the free breakfast plus a drink. Staff are very friendly and professional. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in a very long time!

Great hostel with amazing breakfasts and really good vibe! Staff are very helpful.

We had a very good time there. The Hostal is well located, close to the good bars & restaurants. You can easily go to "El Parque Central" by walking 5 minutes from the hostel. The hostel can also plan for you shuttles leaving from the hostel and going in all the country, even more (Belize, Mexico or El Salvador...)

Excellent staff helped us organise so much. They organised a taxi from the airport straight to the hostel. We really enjoyed our stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3