El Hostal Reviews

1ra. Avenida Sur No. 8, Antigua, Guatemala

Very nice place and staff!

Very nice and clean hostel. Breakfast was amazing and staff so friendly and helpful! Big lockers under the bed were excellent.

Very nice place!

My cousin and I stayed here for two nights and it was such a pleasurable stay. The staff are really friendly, down to earth, and laid back. The ambiance is very comforting and the breakfast was great! It was such a cool vibe place to just chill and kick it after roaming around the city. When I come back to Antigua I will definitely stay here again!

Great hostel, good breakfast, fast wi-fi, excellent showers, always clean. Stay in the dorms at the back as the front ones are a bit noisy (Cafe No Se is across the road).

Great staff, nice atmosphere. Most people wanted to make new friends and have drinks at night. However, it was really quiet at night, so no problems to sleep. Awesome breakfast! Try the huevos rancheros

Fantastic hostel! The staff was so nice and helpful, it was super clean and the breakfast was amazing. Thanks for a great stay!

This is by far the best hostel that I have ever stayed at. It has a great atmosphere, everything is clean and the showers are always hot. The breakfast was delicious. Everything was just great about this hostel; I have no complaints. I would definitely stay again; I wish I could stay at hostels like this every time I travel.

Lovely staff, who were so helpful and kind. The set-up is beautiful and comfortable with the open area in the centre. Included espresso coffee in the morning would be appreciated, but this is a minor complaint. The huevos rancheros more than made up for it!

• 6th Nov 2014

Very impressed with this hostel. Nice dorm beds which are made for you every day. Fast internet. Like 10 options on the free breakfast plus a drink. Staff are very friendly and professional. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in a very long time!

Great hostel with amazing breakfasts and really good vibe! Staff are very helpful.

We had a very good time there. The Hostal is well located, close to the good bars & restaurants. You can easily go to "El Parque Central" by walking 5 minutes from the hostel. The hostel can also plan for you shuttles leaving from the hostel and going in all the country, even more (Belize, Mexico or El Salvador...)

Excellent staff helped us organise so much. They organised a taxi from the airport straight to the hostel. We really enjoyed our stay.

Great place! Very friendly

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel!! Amazing breakfast - you got a restaurant style menu to choose from. They pack you a sandwich if you are leaving for a tour early morning as well. Good rooms. Very clean. Clean showers. Loved this hostel! Would just like them to give more elaborate directions to the hostel as one can be dropped off at the centre by a shuttle.

Good location, excellent / super friendly staff, amazing breakfast, fair price. What else can you ask for? I think it's the first time I rate a hostel 100%, they are totally worth it.

Nice hostel with very helpfull and nice staff (saludos a Mario!), you can organized your trip to Chichi, volcanos, Atitlan etc. from the hostel. Hot showers, very good breakfast included (you can choose from 10 proposition), clean rooms and comfortable beds. Only problem is the noise from the bars all around (but this is Antigua!) and, unfortunatelly some of the guests, if they spend time in the patio. So - ears plug recomendable. And the prizes..., it is not so cheap.. but again, this is Antigu

Very relaxed hostel. Kind staff and the best breakfasts.

Nice hostel, super breakfast. Friendly staff. Only negative side is that wifi did not work properly in our private room.

Amazing breakfast!