El Jardin Hostal Reviews

Azara 941 Between Av. EEUU y Tacuary, Asuncion, Paraguay

Wow! I realy liked this place! Great rereception by the straff (Gloria and Noni) who made me feel like home. Good breakfast and best hostel showers ever. Garden to die for with amazing atmosphere in the evening. Will def go back!

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

In the downtown area of the city but somewhat far from the points of interest, so there's was some walking around which can be a problem in a city as hot as Asuncion. The staff was nice and helpful. I just hoped they would offer me a map and explain the city a little bit when I checked in. Breakfast is very simple: bread, butter, some fruit, cereal, and eggs if you ask for them. As for the security, all the lockers in the dorm I stayed were broken, I hope they have plans to fix that.

Really a beautiful hostel with a lovely garden. The kitchen is nice, the bathrooms clean, and the beds are comfortable enough. Cons are the broken AC and the unreliable staff. Twice during my short stay I arrived at the hostel during the day only to find there was no staff present to let me in (and they don't provide keys to let yourself in). During one of these instances, I was not let in for 30 minutes because the attendant was "spending time with his girlfriend" in one of the rooms. Annoying.

i liked this place very much - good breakast, very nice stuff, clean bathrooms & a great pool to cool down

Was a really nice hostel. The garden is really relaxing and creates a social atmosphere to meet other travellers. The staff were very laid and friendly. In the morning at the weekend the mother of the owner cooked us eggs. The hostel feels like a family when you're there.

Great location, standard breakfast and people always there to help or advise. Besides, nowhere else have I experienced such a calm, chill and pleasant atmosphere. Would come again!