El Jardin Hostal Reviews

Azara 941 Between Av. EEUU y Tacuary, Asuncion, Paraguay

I had an amazing stay at El Jardin. Thomas and the staff who worked there were extremely enthusiastic and helpful and the environment of the hostel was prefect for both relaxing and meeting others. The hostel had character in abundance with beautiful artwork painted by different travellers to the little details such as furnishings that made this one of the most unique places I've stayed. I couldn't recommend El Jardin more and I hope I get to visit again myself!

• 1st Jul 2015

Great Atmosphere. Tom and Maria a very friendly people. It really feels like family there. They help you in any case. Perfect place to stay.

• 21st Jun 2015

Nice hostel with nice people, cheap and confortable. You can find everything you need there!!

Thomas the owner is a well travel Swedish man. I had a late flight from Santiago, Chile and arrived at like 2am with no problems. Very friendly staff always cleaning the place. Great chill space to lounge. I partied hard in Brazil and planned to go to Iguazu but needed a nice place to chill. This is it. Great spread for breakfast. Thomas is super helpful too. Wish I could stay longer on my travels thru South America. Highly recommend this place.

Good location and showers, needs more directions for where to get off the bus though! Good place for solo travellers to meet people.Our room was ok, quite small but good air con. Breakfast was basic. The swedish owner is friendly and helpful but when we arrived our check in was poor, we weren't really welcomed or given any information.

This is one of the best hostels I’ve ever stayed in. The atmosphere is fantastic. The rooms a good size and comfortable beds. I thought maybe I was just lucky the 1st time I stayed but it was exactly the same the 2nd time I was there and I’m looking forward to staying there again a 3rd, 4th or ever 5th time. Thank you for creating such a great place

This hostal feels like a home/family. Mainly because of the warm and helpful staff (Thomas, Carolina, Maria), but also for (regular, returning) travelers that come by. For example you can run into (and join) a communal diner or BBQ (asado). Or drink beer, talk and/or watch European football on TV with fellow travelers. Don't be surprised if you want to stay longer! It's also a good start for your adventure through Paraguay (travel it, you won't regret it). Staff has extensive traveling tips

• 15th Apr 2015

This is probably the most friendly hostel i've ever stayed in. Check-in was a bit disorganised, mostly because they were preparing an asado. Beds, air conditioning, breakfast etc all good. Walking distance to all downtown sights, very easy to get to by bus from the bus station

Great hostel in centre of Asuncion, walked everywhere!

Location excellent. Rooms are small, but the locker is big enough. I liked the place and loved Asuncio, but my problem in this place was the smoking. This place is not for non-smokers! The staff and (all) guests are smoking in the common area, which is partly inside and there is no wind. The air does not change. I was getting headaches, because it was like living in the smoke room. When I was eating, somebody was smoking. When I was reading, somebody was smoking...

If you go to the Jardin Hostal, you Will probably don't want go from there ! Warm and cool place and the employees are so nice and helpfull This is the best place to stay in Asunción

Great hostel recommended if going to Asuncion! Good rooms well air conditioned and great location walking distance from the centre. The hostel is a perfect place to chill and has a pool and big garden with hammocks for you to do so. Also the staff and the owner Thomas are really cool guys, very friendly and helpful, making you feel at home!

This hostel has super potential. The owner is a genuine great guy&literally went out of his way to help but unfortunately the review is about the hostel. We stayed in a 4bed dorm only 1power point. Not enough lights in bathrooms. Owner had to clean breakfast area himself as staff didn't bother. Nowhere to leave bags once you check out. Breakfast is cereal, bananas&bread. Chill area is cool w/pool but really lacks a bar. I would stay here again but with a little bit of work it could be excellent

Overall a nice stay (even just for one night!). Staff are amazing. Only issue was all the different groups of people coming and going thru the night - in the dorm right by the front door the doorbell buzzer constantly sounding made for a poor night's sleep!

I *loved* this hostel. It felt like being with a little family - they staff were awesome and we ended up with all the guests eating together almost every night. I wish I had stayed longer - it was so sad to leave. BRILLIANT hostel.

The straff there is amazing! And the vibe is so relaxed and nice- and it really seemed that everyone who stayed there wanted to come back, including us! It's in the citycenter, supermarkeds are near, Mercado Cuatro is close by, and if you are wondering about something tge staff is there to help you as much as they can! I truly recommend it to everyone!

Great location within the historic area of Asuncion. A bit of a cab ride from the airport but within walking distance to all the sites once you're there. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly owner who helped us plan upcoming parts of our trip :)

• 23rd Feb 2015

This is one of those places where you instantly feel at home. There's a nice patio to socialise, good beds, air con and a filling breakfast. The owners are super nice, friendly and helpful.

We loved this place, it had a relaxed atmosphere yet It was right in the centre of town. Tomas, the owner, was incredibly helpful, as were the rest of the staff, and the communal spaces were great. Highly recommended!

Great location, Tomas is a great host!!!