El Jardin Hostal Reviews

Azara 941 Between Av. EEUU y Tacuary, Asuncion, Paraguay

Great location, Tomas is a great host!!!

Great value for money hostel, the owners are fantastic and always try and help as much as possible. Lovely pool and garden area.

Never have i been wel omed that warmly in a hostel! After a jungle tour in bolivia we arrived, late, tired and without local money in our pockets to the hostel. Tuna welcomed us warmly, arranged a meal, and we felt inmediately welcome. The owner also helpt us a great deal with finding a good restaurant and visit all the must sees. Overal we had (i am travelling with my gf) a very good time jn asuncion, and that was also because of the great vibe and the help of the staff in this hostel!

I spent 5nights in this hostel and it was wonderful. The staff, especially Maria Tuna was friendly and helpful and the owner Tomas was nice as well. Since Asuncion during January is extremely hot, the pool at the hostel saved my life. I honestly don't know how I would have survived otherwise. The internet connection is decent, breakfast is nice (fresh guava picked from the garden and what not), bed was comfortable enough with AC and the adorable pet was a plus! Nothing to complain!

Great little get away. Relaxing hostel with an amazing garden right in the backyard. Staff are amazing and very helpful. Not a real party place or though I wasn't there for a weekend. Perfect place for a weary traveller to Kick back and meet others. Would highly recommend!

• 10th Dec 2014

A lovely hostel - both tranquil and fun. The owners are very welcoming - Thomas having a great knowledge of the area and going out of his way to help. The showers are excellent - a big bonus in the heat and humidity of Paraguay. On my second night the garden bar was opened. We were provided with a few complementary drinks and entertained with live music from local musicians. Those living in the area also came along, making for a fantastic party and lots of interesting conversation.

This is the BEST hostel I've ever been too! Their garden is like an oasis with trees, plants, fruits, hammocks - a great place to just relax with nice atmosphere and still you're in a walking distance from the city center and cool bars in the pararell street. The staff is super friendly and very helpfull. Ended staying there for 2 weeks when I was supposed to only stay for 2 days! While I were there they also had an open bar one of the evenings with live music and really good food! Amazing!

Fantastic garden!!! Great staff, very helpfull and serviceminded!!! Don t reconcider another place, this is the place to stay!!!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Not what I was expecting - in a good way!! By walking through the door you step out of the city and into a quiet environment inside a garden courtyard. There is a slight resemblance to Alice in Wonderland but in a relax full way. It's worth your booking. But make sure you don't just sit in the courtyard all day sipping terere. The city has much to offer. Oh! And great showers too!! :)

Fantastic stay i Asuncions greatest hostel. Excellent owners - very helpful and servicemindeed. Recommended - don' t even consider another hostel in Asuncion

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Most friendly and nice hostel we stayed at - highly recommended if you visit Asuncion

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I loved this place! I never leave reviews but these guys deserve one as they are proper legends!

The location of this hostel is very good and there are some nice bars local to it. The owners are very friendly and helpful also. The breakfast isn't the best but it's free so can't really grumble. All in all it's a good hostel for a few days stop in asuncion