El Jardin Hostal Reviews

Azara 941 Between Av. EEUU y Tacuary, Asuncion, Paraguay

Overall a nice stay (even just for one night!). Staff are amazing. Only issue was all the different groups of people coming and going thru the night - in the dorm right by the front door the doorbell buzzer constantly sounding made for a poor night's sleep!

I *loved* this hostel. It felt like being with a little family - they staff were awesome and we ended up with all the guests eating together almost every night. I wish I had stayed longer - it was so sad to leave. BRILLIANT hostel.

Great location within the historic area of Asuncion. A bit of a cab ride from the airport but within walking distance to all the sites once you're there. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly owner who helped us plan upcoming parts of our trip :)

• 23rd Feb 2015

This is one of those places where you instantly feel at home. There's a nice patio to socialise, good beds, air con and a filling breakfast. The owners are super nice, friendly and helpful.

We loved this place, it had a relaxed atmosphere yet It was right in the centre of town. Tomas, the owner, was incredibly helpful, as were the rest of the staff, and the communal spaces were great. Highly recommended!

Great location, Tomas is a great host!!!

Great value for money hostel, the owners are fantastic and always try and help as much as possible. Lovely pool and garden area.

Never have i been wel omed that warmly in a hostel! After a jungle tour in bolivia we arrived, late, tired and without local money in our pockets to the hostel. Tuna welcomed us warmly, arranged a meal, and we felt inmediately welcome. The owner also helpt us a great deal with finding a good restaurant and visit all the must sees. Overal we had (i am travelling with my gf) a very good time jn asuncion, and that was also because of the great vibe and the help of the staff in this hostel!

I spent 5nights in this hostel and it was wonderful. The staff, especially Maria Tuna was friendly and helpful and the owner Tomas was nice as well. Since Asuncion during January is extremely hot, the pool at the hostel saved my life. I honestly don't know how I would have survived otherwise. The internet connection is decent, breakfast is nice (fresh guava picked from the garden and what not), bed was comfortable enough with AC and the adorable pet was a plus! Nothing to complain!

Great little get away. Relaxing hostel with an amazing garden right in the backyard. Staff are amazing and very helpful. Not a real party place or though I wasn't there for a weekend. Perfect place for a weary traveller to Kick back and meet others. Would highly recommend!

• 10th Dec 2014

Hippie vibe. Relaxed atmosphere and organization (e.g. just assuming a rolling booking unless told otherwise and trusting guests to pay). Nice swimming pool. Hot and powerful showers. Good wi-fi. All right breakfast. Recycling. Nice cat, and the owners also bring their little dog each day. Opening the bar would have improved socializing in the evenings: Asunción is such an out-of-the-way place with very few foreigners, so I didn't feel like going out at night by myself.

A lovely hostel - both tranquil and fun. The owners are very welcoming - Thomas having a great knowledge of the area and going out of his way to help. The showers are excellent - a big bonus in the heat and humidity of Paraguay. On my second night the garden bar was opened. We were provided with a few complementary drinks and entertained with live music from local musicians. Those living in the area also came along, making for a fantastic party and lots of interesting conversation.

This is the BEST hostel I've ever been too! Their garden is like an oasis with trees, plants, fruits, hammocks - a great place to just relax with nice atmosphere and still you're in a walking distance from the city center and cool bars in the pararell street. The staff is super friendly and very helpfull. Ended staying there for 2 weeks when I was supposed to only stay for 2 days! While I were there they also had an open bar one of the evenings with live music and really good food! Amazing!