El Jardin de Frida

Superb 455 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 455 Total Reviews

16th Apr 2017

I stayed at Jarin de Frida while taking classes at a nearby spanish school and it was exactly what I needed. I had a private room with my own bathroom that was plenty spacious and received good light. I rented a bike and was able to easily bike north towards beach or south towards the lagoons and other cenotes. I found it this hostel to be a more quiet atmosphere than other hostels I've stayed at Tulum and for anyone that needs some quiet or is working traveling this is perfect.

• KaamKaam
  • France, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017

Everything was so lovely there! It is 10min far from the bus station & every single person working in here was so nice to me! Loved the atmosphere that I've never felt in any other hostel so far. Even the breakfast is homemade & brand new every morning. Would recommend it to any person traveling to Tulum! You guys rock!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
6th Apr 2017

Amazing hostel! A bit further out, away from the noise, but only a very short walk from the start of the main strip. Hot showers, super super comfy beds, really relaxed vibe in the place, Delicious breakfast. Across the road from an amazing fish restaurant. They also have really cool dogs and cats! Super helpful staff. Not the chattiest hostel we stayed at, but we did still meet a few great people!

22nd Mar 2017
8.0

Able to walk to places from here. Lots hammocks. They give you a welcome drink. Big lockers in 4-bunk room. Enjoyed stay. Breakfast decent. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, roll.

13th Mar 2017

Nice hostel with beatiful garden + hammocks. Staff was really friendly and even lended me diving mask when i went to cenotes. Breakfast included. Definetly would stay again.

4th Mar 2017

A clean, peaceful, and attractive space. We stayed 4 nights, I wish we could have stayed much longer. My partner and I had a private room with a balcony, hammock, king sized bed, AC, included breakfast, and private bathroom. It was dreamy, close to everything in Tulum Pueblo, and the staff were helpful. Next time I go to Tulum I will return to Jardin de Frida and I'd definitely recommend the space to others.

• USA, Male, 25-30
24th Feb 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Frida, particularly the people I met. The beds were very comfortable (the most comfortable of any hostel so far), the bathrooms clean, the staff super friendly and helpful, and the common space quite spacious and relaxing. The only drawback, in my opinion, was the location because it's located toward the edge of the strip. Just rent a bike or be ready to walk and you'll be good to go. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
22nd Feb 2017

The hostel is beautiful, and although on the Main Street, the dorms are far enough away that traffic noise is low. The garden was very beautiful and was grounding, and the dogs and cats who reside there make it feel a bit more homey. The staff were amazing and helpful! Could not have asked for better! Beds were comfortable (best beds I've slept in at a hostel). Breakfast was yummy! Kitchen was perfect. Would recommend this hostel over and over and over again to everyone!

• Slovenia, Female, 41+
11th Feb 2017

Great atmosphere, with very friendly staff. Very quiet, chilled hostel. Nicely decorated, big comfortable bed and all windows mosquito proof. Bfast was all home made, with jams, pancake and bread, plus coffee and bananas. Very nice stay.

• England, Male, 31-40
9th Feb 2017

I really loved my stay at el jardin de frida. So much so i had 2 spells! The staff were outstanding and helpful, particularly the lovely maria. The beautifully kept hostel gardens were a really peaceful place to relax in a hammock with gentle acoustic music playing in the background. Many of the people staying were using the nearby language school and everyone i met was super friendly. The ajoining cafe run by fabian served a healthy organic breakfast and he also made a mean smoothie. 5 stars!