El Jardin de Frida Reviews

Av Tulum entre calle Kukulkan y Chemuyil, Frente al Camello JR, Tulum, Mexico

It was a lovely hostel, really clean and well decorated with excellent facilities. It was on the edge of town so not in the most convenient location. It was also really empty so lacked a buzzy hostel vibe but we were fine with that.

Great hostel, clean, quiet, good wifi and kitchen, brekkie included, close to the bus station and no bunk beds :) not a party place but met some cool people and suited me really well! Staff are very helpful and obliging! Great place, would recommend if you're looking for a base to see the sigts in and around Tulum and don't care about partying at your hostel.

I had a great time at El Jardin de Frida! I was in Tulum for a week and it was a great place to set myself up. The staff made it for me - they were all friendly and incredibly helpful. Lovely garden, enjoyed using the kitchen to cook myself a few meals for a change. Take mosquito repellent if you fancy sitting out in the evenings. Thanks for a great stay!

the shows are in need of a refurbishment, other than that good little place

Jardín de Frida is a beautiful place to stay at. The staff are extremely helpful. I had problem arriving and they were more than helpful. I definitely recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a cool, friendly place to stay at. Their prices are low and fair. The cutest part is that the rooms are Loteria themed. I loved staying here.

• 15th Jul 2015

I would first like to say that I gave this an excellent for LOCATION b/c i came to Tulum to find separation from main-stream Cancun! & it was in the

Overall, I saved a ton of money on my stay while in Tulum but there were some issues. Mainly the distance, I was pretty shocked to find out how resort dominated the area was and beaches were only accessible by bike or taxi. The hostel was a short walk from the area with stores and food but I took taxis to make my way to the beach. There also were a lot of mosquitos during this time of year so I was unable to sit outside and enjoy lounging around the hostel for that reason.

• 17th Jun 2015

The only thing I didn't like about this place was the mosquitoes! There were literally swarms of them and my lemon eucalyptus spray didn't help as much as I wanted. There are no mosquito nets- just fans. Which is much better than nothing but I still got a few bites. Location is not as far as it seems (I thought it was a nice walk away). Great hostel theme with art incense everywhere. Breakfast is toast/cereal bananas coffee and tea. Staff is just great- they are all really sweet.

• 12th Jun 2015

My friends and I liked this place but encountered some problems. I visited in June and there were Mosquitos EVERYWHERE (probably attracted to the large garden in courtyard). If you are staying here you must buy insect repellent immediately. This made it impossible for us to relax at the hostel. There was also a rooster next door that woke us up every morning at dawn. The staff were nice but not very forthcoming with information and suggestions but this could be due to language barriers

• 11th Jun 2015

Super chill hostel with friendly staff and a cosy garden with lots of shady spots and hammocks for relaxing/socialising. Good kitchen and great breakfast too! Location is a bit difficult to rate since Tulum is split into the main town and the touristy hotel zone near the ruins, although we rented bikes from a local shop (discount rate from the hostel). More of a chill hostel than a party place - just like Tulum town itself. Would definitely stay here again!

Really nice hostel you can see why it's booked out in advance often! Air con in the dorms, really nice breakfast, very clean, and the owner is very welcoming

super nice hostel but the breakfast isn't that good.

• 7th May 2015

really nice hostel, no bunkbeds in the dorm and the wifi working in the dorm is a bonus, breakfast was simple! bit far from town but not that bad a walk

different kind of hostel with huge garden. includes welcome shot and dorms are spacious. Location is the biggest downside to the hostel, though still okay. staff is helpful and friendly.

Loved it! Great hostel and great vibe! And the staff was very helpful.

• 27th Mar 2015

Somehow far from town (10 minutes walk), this hostel makes up for it by sporting a nice garden with hammocks, a bar and being close to a restaurant, convenience store and fruit/veggie shop. The breakfast can seem small (1 or 2 toasts and fruit salad) but you can ask for refills. Overall more pricey than similar hostels in the Yucatan peninsula but still a great place. The front rooms are noisy because of the highway rumble, though.

Hi, thanks for your comments and thank you very much for choosing us as your hostel in Tulum. We hope to see you again!

Our room and towels smelled of mold. Told the staff but they just denied it and Said it was because of the rain and moist. It was not. It stank.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

We're sorry you did not enjoy the night you stayed at our place. However, there was no mold in the room or the towels. It was very humid that night since it was raining all day. No one else in the room complained and we asked and checked everything. We're also sorry you canceled your following reservation since you could've really appreciated the place the way most people do. We hope you reconsider in the future, we'd be glad to have you here again!