El Jardin de Frida

9.0
Superb 469 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 31-40
23rd May 2017

What a truly special experience. i have travelled for the last 15 yrs and I can easily say this is the best hostel/hotel I have ever stayed in, the colourful scenery, the tropical gardens, the kind and caring staff, the dogs and the general energy of the place is something quite special. I stayed at both a 5 star luxury hotel and at this hostel during my last trip and I can honestly say I preferred this hostel. It was a magical experience and comes highly recommended.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2017
7.1

The hostel itself is absolutely lovely, but the location is a serious drawback. It is located on the outskirts of Tulum town, about 20 mins walk to get back into the main restaurant/public transport area. It looks okay on the map but in reality it's very inconvenient. You will need to rent a bike or walk in the dust. Even then, it is located on the highway, which has giant trucks and lorries going past at all hours - stressy and noisy. The location was a deal breaker.

1st May 2017

A little out of the centre of town on the main road so there was no noise from bars etc. The dorm rooms are far enough back the road noise didn't cause me any trouble. Proper beds not bunks which is ace. Comfortable too. Hot showers. Amazing healthy breakfast. Dorm room was very dark. Needs more lights in there it was hard to find stuff in your bag. Beautiful garden but you need to use a lot of repellant!!!!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
30th Apr 2017
7.4

Cute and quaint hostel with superb breakfast! As all the reviews say, it is a bit of an annoying walk to and from town but if you have a bike it's fine. Also there are lots of mosquitos! I recommend the staff out out citronella to try and deter them.

16th Apr 2017

I stayed at Jarin de Frida while taking classes at a nearby spanish school and it was exactly what I needed. I had a private room with my own bathroom that was plenty spacious and received good light. I rented a bike and was able to easily bike north towards beach or south towards the lagoons and other cenotes. I found it this hostel to be a more quiet atmosphere than other hostels I've stayed at Tulum and for anyone that needs some quiet or is working traveling this is perfect.

• KaamKaam
  • France, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017

Everything was so lovely there! It is 10min far from the bus station & every single person working in here was so nice to me! Loved the atmosphere that I've never felt in any other hostel so far. Even the breakfast is homemade & brand new every morning. Would recommend it to any person traveling to Tulum! You guys rock!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
6th Apr 2017

Amazing hostel! A bit further out, away from the noise, but only a very short walk from the start of the main strip. Hot showers, super super comfy beds, really relaxed vibe in the place, Delicious breakfast. Across the road from an amazing fish restaurant. They also have really cool dogs and cats! Super helpful staff. Not the chattiest hostel we stayed at, but we did still meet a few great people!

22nd Mar 2017
8.0

Able to walk to places from here. Lots hammocks. They give you a welcome drink. Big lockers in 4-bunk room. Enjoyed stay. Breakfast decent. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, roll.

13th Mar 2017

Nice hostel with beatiful garden + hammocks. Staff was really friendly and even lended me diving mask when i went to cenotes. Breakfast included. Definetly would stay again.

4th Mar 2017

A clean, peaceful, and attractive space. We stayed 4 nights, I wish we could have stayed much longer. My partner and I had a private room with a balcony, hammock, king sized bed, AC, included breakfast, and private bathroom. It was dreamy, close to everything in Tulum Pueblo, and the staff were helpful. Next time I go to Tulum I will return to Jardin de Frida and I'd definitely recommend the space to others.