El Jardin de Frida Reviews

Av Tulum entre calle Kukulkan y Chemuyil, Frente al Camello JR, Tulum, Mexico

I really enjoyed my stay at El Jardin de Frida: despite the fact that it is neither in the center of town, nor close to the beach, everything is readily accessible by bike, which can be rented at a really good price (50 pesos/24h) 2 blocks away. Also, the atmosphere is great: the garden is very chilled and quiet - with rocking chairs and hammocks -, there is a nice kitchen, and I guess that all of this attracts very relaxed people. As a plus, wi-fi is good and breakfast is included.

Not as much "community" as other hostels. Very helpful staff, great tips and information from them. Close to town but quiet enough with a little highway noise at night. Would stay again!

the best hostel experience. great atmosphere, thanks. buket şahin

Pluses: + Loved the colorful decoration of the common rooms + The garden is very pleasant and the rooms are comfortable Minuses: - There was very loud music in the bar every night of our 4-day stay. This made it impossible to fall asleep until 2am. It's a pity because this really influenced negatively how I experienced this place. Don't come here if you want to rest. - The linens on the bed were old and didn't look and feel very clean (holes, patches, etc...)

Great hostel. Very comfortable and quiet, great attention from the staff, and of course, its beautiful garden. I loved the adjacent bar also with its truly unique cocktail menu. Its true its not that close to the beach, but nowhere in Tulúm Town is, because the town itself is a little afar from the beach. All in all, i greatly recommend (y)

Very peaceful place, wonderful garden.

Very cool place ! The staff is super cool and helpful ! Breakfast is okay and the place is really beautiful.

Location a bit far from the center of town down the not pedestrian friendly highway, but that is the only negative. Super cool vibe and excellent bar. Rooms comfy and reasonably priced. But the best part is the awesome and helpful staff, can't say enough good things about them. Let us use the hostel showers and gave us fresh towels after checking out, also gave good advice on local spots that were all spot on. Very recommended.

Very beautiful. Only downfall was the breakfast was uncomfortable since I had to ask the lady to make my eggs. She told me I could only have eggs or fruit/cereal but not both. I prefer to have my options and if eggs are too much then I would rather just have a buffet style of other items.

The same very rude customers were at the bar the entire time we were there. Staff was good though.

• 10th Jan 2016

El Jardin de Frida was great! It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the ADO bus terminal in Tulum, and is pretty much at the end of the activity on Av. Tulum. We arrived at night, so walking with our suitcases was not ideal, especially because the sidewalk ends about halfway between the bus station and the hostel. Overall, the hostel is beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful.

• 30th Dec 2015

This place is paradise in Tulum city. I could go for ages and enjoy the design of this hostel. Rooms are clean as spacious. They have the best bar in the whole Tulum! I love this place. The only one disadvantage is location. It's really far from the beach, and for us even bike was not an option. We took the cab all the time and it was ok. But location didn't bother us cause place was just amazing!

Super stylish beautiful hostel, great chill out areas you can really spend some time in. Lovely friendly staff. Very clean which is top of my list, and a great bar which is second!

Great place to stay, I recommend it! Staff was super nice and helpful. The only thing I did not like was the location. It is very far away from the beach.

Lovely shadded communal garden with hammocks and the newly opened bar attached was great. Really nice cocktails with both outdoor and indoor spaces to relax. Really enjoyed the live band too. They should have more live music to entice other guests to venture out of their rooms to mingle. Breakfast was basic but we had a private kitchen so were able to self-cater. Greatly appreciated the extra water in our suite. Wifi was stable and strong until something went wrong by the service provider.

This is an amazing hostel. It is a sensory feast for the eyes..beautiful artwork everywhere..on every single wall. Very clean, well looked after, towels are free, wonderful atmosphere including nice music and bar and fantastic garden! The staff are very very friendly and helpful. The location is perhaps not the best but get a bicycle and do some exercise! The breakfast was also not very inspiring but it is well worth staying it or at least visiting to experience the wonderful vibes!

• 16th Dec 2015

Wifi didn't work for 3 days I stayed there. Bathrooms were leaky with water on the floor, noisy fans, dog barking round the clock. I'd not recommend this hostel.

Beautiful garden and lovely artwork everywhere. Javier on the front desk has a heart of gold. Maria and Cesar also went out of their way to be helpful. Internet could have been better in back rooms.

Loved this hostel. The garden is so great. I loved spending time outside, just relaxing in that great atmosphere. The staff is very helpful, always willing to answer questions. It is great the beds are not bunk beds also. The breakfast is good and so is the speed of the wifi. Nothing to complain about. Some people might find it a little far from the beach, but that was totally fine with me. With a bike, you can go anywhere...

I booked knowing the location and atmosphere wouldn't be the highlights. What I didn't know was that the facilities would be even more beautiful in person and the staff (specifically Flávio) would be so attentive, knowledgable, and friendly. He gave me great tips and I now plan on extending my stay in Tulum. This place is truly beautiful and only a short 5-10 minute walk to where it's all happening. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place.