El Jardin de Frida

• Av Tulum entre calle Kukulkan y Chemuyil, Frente al Camello JR, Tulum, Mexico

Superb 445 Total Reviews
Superb 445 Total Reviews

13th Mar 2017

Nice hostel with beatiful garden + hammocks. Staff was really friendly and even lended me diving mask when i went to cenotes. Breakfast included. Definetly would stay again.

4th Mar 2017

A clean, peaceful, and attractive space. We stayed 4 nights, I wish we could have stayed much longer. My partner and I had a private room with a balcony, hammock, king sized bed, AC, included breakfast, and private bathroom. It was dreamy, close to everything in Tulum Pueblo, and the staff were helpful. Next time I go to Tulum I will return to Jardin de Frida and I'd definitely recommend the space to others.

• USA, Male, 25-30
24th Feb 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Frida, particularly the people I met. The beds were very comfortable (the most comfortable of any hostel so far), the bathrooms clean, the staff super friendly and helpful, and the common space quite spacious and relaxing. The only drawback, in my opinion, was the location because it's located toward the edge of the strip. Just rent a bike or be ready to walk and you'll be good to go. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
22nd Feb 2017

The hostel is beautiful, and although on the Main Street, the dorms are far enough away that traffic noise is low. The garden was very beautiful and was grounding, and the dogs and cats who reside there make it feel a bit more homey. The staff were amazing and helpful! Could not have asked for better! Beds were comfortable (best beds I've slept in at a hostel). Breakfast was yummy! Kitchen was perfect. Would recommend this hostel over and over and over again to everyone!

• Slovenia, Female, 41+
11th Feb 2017

Great atmosphere, with very friendly staff. Very quiet, chilled hostel. Nicely decorated, big comfortable bed and all windows mosquito proof. Bfast was all home made, with jams, pancake and bread, plus coffee and bananas. Very nice stay.

• England, Male, 31-40
9th Feb 2017

I really loved my stay at el jardin de frida. So much so i had 2 spells! The staff were outstanding and helpful, particularly the lovely maria. The beautifully kept hostel gardens were a really peaceful place to relax in a hammock with gentle acoustic music playing in the background. Many of the people staying were using the nearby language school and everyone i met was super friendly. The ajoining cafe run by fabian served a healthy organic breakfast and he also made a mean smoothie. 5 stars!

7th Feb 2017

Good - Garden area, especially when lit up at night. - Common area & kitchen - Breakfast - Dorm was cool at night - Some good food/restaurants close by Bad - Location. Furthest hostel from the beach and ruins. - No hostel workers stay at night, so not sure what would happen if they were needed - Atmosphere was odd. Most of the travelers seemed anti-social, avoiding interaction with each other. Overall - Would stay again, but I might try to find a place closer to town center.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
25th Jan 2017

I've been here before and I really love this hostel for its intentional good energy.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
24th Jan 2017

Staff was great, loved the pets. It's at the edge of the main drag but check out the taco cart by the oxxo. Tortas were Killin!!

22nd Jan 2017

I really liked this hostel. It was quiet, clean, and had nice common areas. The type of people who stayed in this hostel seemed really chill, which was great for me since I'm not a crazy partier. The free breakfast included a crepe, homemade bread, and various freshly made toppings (the banana one was super tasty). You could also order additional food on top that was SUPER tasty. The smoothie bowl with different types of nuts, chocolate, and freshly chopped coconut was so good!