El Jardin Reviews

Calle 70, 509, x 61 y 63, Centro, Merida, Yucat�n, Merida, Mexico

The manager was very flexible and responsive to our emails and needs. I made a mistake with booking, and without any hassle she adapted to this. Very helpful. The room is very nice and clean. Breakfast is perfect. This is one of the best hostels we stayed in so far, so very much recommended.

Don't judge a book by it's cover...once you stepped into this hostel it was so nicely done. Comfortable, clean, and safe. I was so surprised with everything! We will definitely be back. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• 21st Jun 2015

The owner, Elsey, is fantastic and speaks English pretty well. She was helpful, nice, gave us tips on a few things. The hostel itself is a bit of a walk from downtown (maybe 10 minutes) so it's kinda on the fringe of action but the walk is worth it. The hostel has a beautiful garden to sit in and eat breakfast.

Great for couples!

El Jardin is a wonderful little hotel. Very clean, comfortable, accommodating. The staff made it a very pleasant stay. Breakfast was enjoyed in the sweet courtyard. I definitely recommend El Jardin.

Elsy -la propietaria- es muy amable, hace la estancia increíblemente amena. El lugar esta supe bien ubicado y de fácil acceso. Me sentí en casa! Seguro volveré. This place is well located, nearby of amazing places, ie the zocalo and the Santiago neighborhood, Leslie, the owner, is so polite and charm that you feel like at home. It was an excellent option, for sure I'll back!. Thx for everything!

Really nice place, calm with friendly owner and staff. Good location, close to centre and to bus station.

Just perfect. A little oasis in the middle of Merida. only one small - breakfast is at 8.30 which is bad if you leave for early tours (e.g. Tulum,....)

We stayed in the privat room. Spacious, clean (incl. the bathroom), comfortable and silent at night. A few blocks from the ADO-station and the center of town. 10 min walk to restaurants. Stores are closer. Basic breakfast (toast, fruits and coffee, no milk or tee). Hot shower is possible and the wifi fast and stable (uploading is slower). The staff was helpful and very friendly (Spanish and English). A good place to stay in this town.

Lovely stay, can't fault it. Don't let the exterior put you off, inside this a wonderful budget stay & our favourite accommodation during our 2 weeks in Mexico. We had an upstairs garden room & it was comfortable, bright and got a really nice breeze through the room. Staff are extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. Really clean, towels changed daily. Breakfast simple (fresh fruit & cinnamon toast, coffee & tea) but nice to get you going in the morning.Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.Gracias!

There is a lot to see around Merida and El Jardin is a great home base. It's very cosy and the staff, Barry, is very helpful with navigating your way around. Walking distance to downtown area and ADO bus station! Also, complimentary breakfasts were perfect!

Had a one night Stay at the hostel in Mérida. Its not easy to See the entrance to the hostel and you might get dusturbed by a calm Road, But once your in you can see Its a Nice clean place. The staff makes you feel Very welcome and is exeptional friendly. We also really enjoyed the Breakfast. All city attractions are within reach by walking. If you are Looking for a calm stay in Mérida this is your Place

El Jardin is a very peaceful house, near the center and the ADO bus station. But the big plus is the staff! I really must thank Barry (the Canadian guy) por all his help and excelent willingness.

A wonderful place to stay. The rooms are clean, the patio garden area is comfortable. The breakfast is generous and varies every day, based on fruits and toast...but the grace and warmth of Elsie, the owner and Barry, the receptionist/concierge is beyond compare and sets the tone of true hospitality in a family style setting and encourages guests to socialize and connect with each other. Great hostel experience!

Very nice and great value for your hard earned money! Barry gives you all the little details about Merida that makes your trip even more enjoyable, besides that he and Elsie make you feel at home. The atmosphere while I stayed there was the best that I have encountered on my trip so far. The best kind of travelers definitely stay at El Jardin. Thanks for making my stay so enjoyable.

We felt welcomed into your home.

I had a great time at El Jardin. The Hostel is very good located near the ADO Bus station. I get warm welcome there and feel me direct at home. I got introduced to the present guests and get all the information regarding the city and the good place to eat. Breakfast was good with a big plate of fruits and toasts, sometimes eggs or small cheese sandwitch. I got also information about tours and was able to direct book one for the next day. The rooms was very good and clean, bed is comfortable.

View all Merida Bed and Breakfasts