El Jardin Reviews

Calle 70, 509, x 61 y 63, Centro, Merida, Yucat�n, Merida, Mexico

Had a one night Stay at the hostel in Mérida. Its not easy to See the entrance to the hostel and you might get dusturbed by a calm Road, But once your in you can see Its a Nice clean place. The staff makes you feel Very welcome and is exeptional friendly. We also really enjoyed the Breakfast. All city attractions are within reach by walking. If you are Looking for a calm stay in Mérida this is your Place

A wonderful place to stay. The rooms are clean, the patio garden area is comfortable. The breakfast is generous and varies every day, based on fruits and toast...but the grace and warmth of Elsie, the owner and Barry, the receptionist/concierge is beyond compare and sets the tone of true hospitality in a family style setting and encourages guests to socialize and connect with each other. Great hostel experience!

Very nice and great value for your hard earned money! Barry gives you all the little details about Merida that makes your trip even more enjoyable, besides that he and Elsie make you feel at home. The atmosphere while I stayed there was the best that I have encountered on my trip so far. The best kind of travelers definitely stay at El Jardin. Thanks for making my stay so enjoyable.

We felt welcomed into your home.

I had a great time at El Jardin. The Hostel is very good located near the ADO Bus station. I get warm welcome there and feel me direct at home. I got introduced to the present guests and get all the information regarding the city and the good place to eat. Breakfast was good with a big plate of fruits and toasts, sometimes eggs or small cheese sandwitch. I got also information about tours and was able to direct book one for the next day. The rooms was very good and clean, bed is comfortable.

Perhaps one of the greatest places we have stayed in our whole year of travel

It was a fantastic stay , could not be beaten for the price. Staff were all excellent , they were able to help us with any questions we have about the local area. Fresh towels and soap everyday was lovely and the garden was a beautiful setting to have our dinner in every evening.

this hostel was wonderful. beautiful setting and garden, spacious rooms, hot water, sufficient (not brilliant) breakfast and probably the cleanest i've been at in all of Central America. close to bus station and close to city centre - very good!

We had a nice, comfortable room which had a clean bathroom. The complimentary soap was a nice touch. The hostel is on a quiet street a little out of the main tourist area but this was fine for us. The only problem we had was at breakfast which was a little strange as it is laid out in the patio area at 8.30am whether you are up or not. We were up early, but if you wanted a lie-in? Also there was no choice - and in fact we felt bad as we wasted food (fruit).

Had a great time there, the staff is very helpful. Def will stay there again!

Excellent location close to bus station

The place was in a good location, less than 10 minutes walk to get downtown. Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast each day was fresh fruit and toast. We decided to stay a couple of extra nights as the town and day trips made Merida a good base. Tip: try to avoid the end room near the kitchen if possible as you don't get a lot of privacy if in there.

• 9th Jan 2015

My wife and I really enjoyed our time at El Jardin. It's very peaceful and the owners are very hospitable. Our private double room was kept clean and it was very cosy. Great location near the ADO bus station and short walk to center of town.

We really enjoyed our stay at El Jardin! Its located perfectly in the center of Merida, but also very quiet and safe. The two owners are super nice and friendly and have always tipps where to go and what to do! The rooms are also very cute. You have a little breakfast with (real!) coffee and you have a kitchen if you want to cook by yourself during the day! I really can recomend staying there!

Wonderful stay, and special thanks to Barry who makes everybody feel incredibly welcome in the hostel!

We had a great experience at El Jardin. Helpful and friendly staff, great atmosphere and beautiful spot. Really easy to meet other travellers and share stories on the many amazing things to do in and around Merida! Hope to come back again and would definitely recommend.

Very nice staff. Decent breakfast and good location. Excellent for the money.

One of the best places I've ever stayed!! Gracias!!!

We stayed for a few nights in el jardin and it was perfect!Very well located,not far from the bus station and from the center and VERY quiet in the vibrant city of Merida!The room was nice and very big,the garden is absolutely lovely and the people working there are very kind and helpful.We felt like we were visiting family.The breakfast was delightful,we have nothing bad to say about anything! All of this for a more than reasonable price, if you go to Merida, you definitely want to stay there!

Good value for private rooms. Rooms basic but clean. Staff helpful.

View all Merida Bed and Breakfasts