El Manzano Reviews

Av. El Puerto 449, Puno, Peru

This hostel was clean, spacious and secure. It was about a 15minute walk to the main strip but that wasn't too much of an effort. The staff were amazing, the little old lady serving breakfast in the morning was so nice, she even knocked on our door one morning to make sure we weren't going to miss breakfast 10 minutes before it ended. She also insisted we ate something before our morning trek another day. Overall this hostel does the job, it's quiet and lacks entertainment but it's comfortable.

I liked my stay at El Manzano! It was comfy enough for the cheap price and I really liked thw gacy that I had my own room. The old man at the office was very kimd and explained to me how to go see the Uros by myslef (which was way cheaper and prwtty much the same thing). Finally, the included breakfast was a bit more than just bread and tea, which made me quite happy :) Plus... it's only 10minutes walk to the bus station, 5minutes walk to the port and about 15-20 to the main square.

• 8th May 2015

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. I booked tours ( Lake Titicaca, ruins, Colca Canyon) with them, which have lower price than with other travel agencies. Breakfast is OK. The hotel is located in a quiet area, but I felt safe walking at night to city center.

Staffs are super friendly, and the hotel itself is lovely that has beautiful garden inside. Location is perfect as within walking distance to the Plaza de armas. The only problem was that there're some noisy pubs near the hotel and it might be annoying when try to sleep early.

Very good hostel! Good location, nice room with hot water in the shower. Staff very helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hostel.

Very nice hostel at a convenient location. Very helpful staff although not all of them speak English. They helped me arrange the lake Titicaca which was very nice. They also helped me arrange airport transportation to Juliaca. The solar powered shower isn't always hot but if you follow their timetable it's alright. I'd rather help save the environment too.

The WiFi was awesome! Only negative is that the shower was cold!!!

• 30th Mar 2015

The staff were very friendly and the hostel has a brilliant check in time of 6am which is great when you are arriving off the night bus from Cusco. Beds are comfortable and the showers have hot water if you stick to the guidelines of temperature availability. Nice breakfast.

Excellent in ail aspects

El Manzano was a good small hotel. Rooms are fresh repainted. Bathroom was simple but spacious and shower was hot. Breakfast is simple as well as the breakfast room. We were able to get the breakfast a little bit early as we had to leave before 6h30. Negativ point, they didn't make the room during the day and didn't change the towel, which never dry in this location.

Location was about halfway to the Port for boat trips & main square, about a 10 minute walk at night & I guess you should be aware at night although I felt safe. The hostel is nice. There is a sunny courtyard. Rooms are clean & spacious. Good value. The staff was nice & helpful, even with the language barrier - they only speak spanish. Great Price & room for a private. Shower was hot but its solar power so need to be aware of times - they post this. Good, fast Wifi. I was happy with my choice

View all Puno Bed and Breakfasts