El Misti Botafogo Hostel e Pousada Reviews

Av. R. Praia de Botafogo 462, Casa 9, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

When my friend and I arrived the staff couldn't find our beds. We had to wait more than 30 minutes for our beds. The rooms aren't locked (but there are individual lockers available). There are very few bathrooms and they are always dirty. Some showers only run cold water. Actually, everything is very dirty: the floors, the sheets don't look clean. Awful. In the end, when it was time to leave, they didn't have change and wouldn't accept credit or debit cards for expenses under 100 dollars.

I like the location and the breakfast. But this is not enough to recommend this hostel. The quality of sleep is poor cause of the heat, lack of ventilation/aircon, open windows and annoying mosquitos. The showers were not possible to use. Some didnt have water some had a broken light... Toilets were totally stuck, dirty and smelly and looked like nobody from the staff was really worried about it. We left after 1 night and moved to BOTAHOSTEL and it's so nice we are here for already 3 nights.

It was good for the price. It's a little small, but it's organized and they make dinners for a good value. The three beds bunks are REALLY tall and I couldn't climb it. The staff - only in this case - didn't helped me at all and made me enter in every room looking for beds where I would feel comfortable and seemed empty so she could see if they were really unbooked. I mean, she could have done that for me, I didn't feel comfortable doing that. They should be used to it. Loved the staff Otávio.

I booked my stay at el misti for more than 4 nights and they picked me up from the airport as advertised. The location is perfect, it is close to a beach, metro, bus lines, restaurants, banks and shopping centers. In addition the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, especially Mariano. I liked how they try to maintain the restrooms clean throughout the entire day. Also, the breakfast and the atmosphere were great!

• 1st Sep 2014

Dear guest We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

Large house with good space for living, comfortable and well cared beds, full and hearty breakfast, prime location and staff note 10! Everything at good price. Recommend!

• 31st Aug 2014