El Misti Botafogo Hostel e Pousada Reviews

Av. R. Praia de Botafogo 462, Casa 9, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Good location; even though it's located near avenues with lots of traffic, the small street where the hostel is located is very quiet. Night shift staff was composed of nicer people than the day shift's - the guy didn't even pay attention to what I was saying when I was doing checkout.

The staff member on duty was pretty moody and seemed like he resented being asked the simplest thing. Also the rooms are too small for the number of beds in them, so there is not enough space for everybody's bags. People seemed packed in like sardines. But it was cheap during carnaval, so I probably shouldn't have expected anything better.

If you want a busy party area stay in Lapa, or if you want nice beaches stay in Leblon or Ipanema! Staff are good, rooms area average and the social area isn't the best!

I stayed for 7 nights in a shared dorm for 12 girls. I spent a great time because of the people I knew but the hostel itself I think it is not properly for the amount of people is hosting: there are not enough bathrooms and chairs to eat the breakfast, some people ate standing up, wifi is weak, smoking allowed close to the dining room which is annoying for non-smoking people, i didnt receive the pick up service even when I informed to the hostel arriving date and so on I wouldnt stay there again

I really liked the staff and the breakfast. really good! staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is the best i have had in hostels. but there are definitely not enough bathrooms and its not that clean.

It would be better to have more bathrooms for a such amount of people it's not enough.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Good location, close to sugar loaf mountain. Not really enough bathrooms but we still managed. Stayed in a private room so it was a bit costly. Otherwise great staff and had a great stay!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels