El Misti Botafogo Hostel e Pousada Reviews

Av. R. Praia de Botafogo 462, Casa 9, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Staff lovely but the cleanliness lets it down. Everywhere needs a good clean. Also very cramped in dorms.

+Positivo Ubicacion La chica argentina del staff que atiende muy bien Los lockers y las camas La seguridad del barrio -Negativo El resto del staff Cobran la guarda de equipaje Cierran la cocina a las 22 hs El bar es caro Las duchas son con pulsador Cocina poco equipada La señal de wifi es pesima en todo el hostel El cuarto 4 es pasada al 6 por lo que siempre hay gente pasando todo el dia y la noche. La ventana del cuarto 4 no cerraba La tv solo imagen. La musica pesima .

One of the cheapest places I have ever been to and they do offer a lot. The guys from the staff are super nice and willing to help. I highly recommend the place

Great location, staff very welcoming and helpful..will stay again

WiFi was disconnecting all the time, other than that it was pretty cool.

It was fine, however i had some problems with the wifi connection.

• 11th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Best hostel in Rio! Staff were really helpful and sincere to help you. I booked a tour and I had an unexpected happening and Adrian, the manager, extended his help beyond his means for me to make it to the tour. Then another one which the hang gliding company did not deliver me to the hostel in-time to catch my bus, he extended my stay for free. This was the best hostel I've stayed in my traveling life. Best location when you're in Rio, very near the train and bus station.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Philippines

O hostel está muito bem localizado, com uma equipe ótima, certamente quando eu for para as bandas de lá, me hospedarei novamente.

The breakfast was very poor.

• 17th Aug 2015

thanks for taking your time in leaving a review. We are sad to hear we did not reach your expectations. However, we are adding now more fruits and cakes in our breakfast. besides of the different types bread, cold meats, cereals, juices, jelly! Hope to see you next time in Brazil!

nice enough rooms except toilets kept getting blocked and so couldn't be used. main issue was that ALL noise including talking was stopped in the common areas at 22:00, which isn't really good in a hostel...

Hi Sue, thanks for choosing us and taking your time to keep improving! Nice to hear that you liked our rooms. Yes, we can open the bar at 18.00 and silence outdoors starts from 22.00. Still we can keep having nice talks inside the hostel =D. Hope to see you again in the future!

Good location; even though it's located near avenues with lots of traffic, the small street where the hostel is located is very quiet. Night shift staff was composed of nicer people than the day shift's - the guy didn't even pay attention to what I was saying when I was doing checkout.

Hi José! We know location are one of the most important points when choosing a place to enjoy the holidays, and we are glad to know you liked it =D. We will reinforce our customer service so that you feel at home all day long in future stays!

The staff member on duty was pretty moody and seemed like he resented being asked the simplest thing. Also the rooms are too small for the number of beds in them, so there is not enough space for everybody's bags. People seemed packed in like sardines. But it was cheap during carnaval, so I probably shouldn't have expected anything better.

If you want a busy party area stay in Lapa, or if you want nice beaches stay in Leblon or Ipanema! Staff are good, rooms area average and the social area isn't the best!

I stayed for 7 nights in a shared dorm for 12 girls. I spent a great time because of the people I knew but the hostel itself I think it is not properly for the amount of people is hosting: there are not enough bathrooms and chairs to eat the breakfast, some people ate standing up, wifi is weak, smoking allowed close to the dining room which is annoying for non-smoking people, i didnt receive the pick up service even when I informed to the hostel arriving date and so on I wouldnt stay there again

I really liked the staff and the breakfast. really good! staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is the best i have had in hostels. but there are definitely not enough bathrooms and its not that clean.

It would be better to have more bathrooms for a such amount of people it's not enough.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Good location, close to sugar loaf mountain. Not really enough bathrooms but we still managed. Stayed in a private room so it was a bit costly. Otherwise great staff and had a great stay!

When my friend and I arrived the staff couldn't find our beds. We had to wait more than 30 minutes for our beds. The rooms aren't locked (but there are individual lockers available). There are very few bathrooms and they are always dirty. Some showers only run cold water. Actually, everything is very dirty: the floors, the sheets don't look clean. Awful. In the end, when it was time to leave, they didn't have change and wouldn't accept credit or debit cards for expenses under 100 dollars.

I like the location and the breakfast. But this is not enough to recommend this hostel. The quality of sleep is poor cause of the heat, lack of ventilation/aircon, open windows and annoying mosquitos. The showers were not possible to use. Some didnt have water some had a broken light... Toilets were totally stuck, dirty and smelly and looked like nobody from the staff was really worried about it. We left after 1 night and moved to BOTAHOSTEL and it's so nice we are here for already 3 nights.

It was good for the price. It's a little small, but it's organized and they make dinners for a good value. The three beds bunks are REALLY tall and I couldn't climb it. The staff - only in this case - didn't helped me at all and made me enter in every room looking for beds where I would feel comfortable and seemed empty so she could see if they were really unbooked. I mean, she could have done that for me, I didn't feel comfortable doing that. They should be used to it. Loved the staff Otávio.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7