El Misti Hostel Copacabana

8.0
Fabulous 448 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
29th Mar 2017

This place is great. Full of character, and decent sized rooms. We stayed in a triple for 3 nights. The included breakfast was good, with bread rolls, cereal, coffee, tea and juice.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Mar 2017

Great place. It became my home for a week while searching for a permanant apartment. I was sad to leave. I met a lot of great people there. It is comfortable, clean, and the staff is so helpful. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
15th Mar 2017

An absolutely wonderful hostel with a great atmosphere and friendly staff. The beds are also super nice!

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
9th Mar 2017
6.0

Small, loud and dirty room with very little light. My airport shuttle bus they arranged for me didn't even show up and I had to wait 30 minutes before I gave up and took a taxi. Had to pay for towel and then learned that two towels should have been included already (which they were not). Wouldn't stay again.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

Absolutely adored this hostel! Its my first time staying in a hostel and I had the best experience! When I got there the guy at the desk sat down with me with the tourist map and circled all the best places to go and explained the metro to me which was a really big help! All the staff were very very nice and helpful! The location was very perfect! It was easy to walk anywhere from it if you would rather walk instead of taking the metro. dinner was awesome and so was the bar crawl! I recommend!

• mrronankelly1496
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
7th Mar 2017
6.9

The people were really nice and the staff were helpful but sometimes gave me misinformation, with regards to the tours. The breakfast was decent. Dont expect to sleep til after 12am though as they have loud music blaring. A good place to meet people as the guests were very social. Overall I would consider it expensive for a hostel when compared with other cities but probably on par for prices with other places in Rio.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
2nd Mar 2017

accommodated everything I needed, the room was awesome with a little terrace outside so that you could sit out with a drink or after a night out, always something happening every night, with walking tours and clubs crawls. 10/10 staff wise each and everyone of them gave a warning welcome

28th Feb 2017
4.9

At Copacabana but bad maintained hostel. Some rooms very dirty, bathrooms really bad...they are small and dirty quite often,only 5 of them for so many people. Very small hang out area, staff on their on mood. The only good thing was the location, breakfast is OK. Go to the other Misti or another hostel, I was here during Carnaval but still.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Feb 2017
7.1

I know its a hostel but the staff could be more professional and focused on their job. during check in it was so loud.tried explaining that we took an uber from the smaller airport and to have the amount deducted for our stay, as stated on the website but the guy didn't understand so just left it. Asked this woman with black hair to have our room cleaned and when we came back in the eve it wasn't. asked again the same day, receptionists said ok finally.came back itsnot cleaned.cos it was sunday!

• England, Male, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017

Really good location with the best staff. The communal area is ideal downstairs and the kitchen has enough to be able to make decent food.