El Misti Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Travessa Frederico Pamplona n# 20, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location. Very crowded hostel. Triple bunks in rooms. Too small for amount of people. Sometimes wait for bathroom. Wifi only works if you sit beside router. I rented a private room on airbnb for same price. Noises at night till 1-2am

Dear guest We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Hostelworld. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

Good localisation - good cooker who cooks every nite - good atmosphère But dont do the Hand gliding with Hostel very bad instructor

• 14th Jul 2014

Dear Melanie, We truly appreciate your review! Thank you for your comments, this motivate us to keep putting our best effort in daily job and inproves other topics. Kind regards, Management

The staff during the day is nice and friendly (Gabriel, Tiago, Sofia), but one day at midnight, the guy in turn did not give us information about nearby restaurants. Very nice trip to Favela Funky Party guided by Ricardo. the hostel was in a very good location from the Copacabana beach, but has very uncomfortable bathrooms, the water heater was not working, there is only one computer available for guests. The breakfast should be better, bad wifi...

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Dear Eddie We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management "

Loved my time at this hostel during the world cup, great staff very helpful. awesome atmosphere. Breakfast is good and evening meals are excellent.

Dear Jonathan, We truly appreciate your review! Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guest and it is very satisfying to read that this was your case. Thank you for your comments, this motivate us to keep putting our best effort in daily job. Kind regards, Management

we were 4 cousins traveling for the world cup. we met a lot of great people and had the time of our lives. would stay here again.

• 25th Jun 2014

Dear Oliver, First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience, highlighted by our facilities and the excellent service offered by our attentive staff. We look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards, Management "

I stayed here during the World Cup, so obviously it was extremely busy! It was a great atmosphere, perfect for people travelling alone because it's easy to meet other people and go out with them in the evening! The staff were exceptionally friendly and did everything they could to make you feel welcome.

• 25th Jun 2014

Hello James! First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience, highlighted by our facilities and the excellent service offered by our attentive staff. We look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards. Management "

This is the first hostel i stayed at for the world cup and im not sure i could askfor more! Staff were great even when macine wouldnt accept my card (it did eventually) great location and decent breakfast! Would reccomend to everyone!

"Dear Sean First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience, highlighted by our facilities and the excellent service offered by our attentive staff. We look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards, Management "

I stayed during the world cup so the prices had been increased, this is the reason for my value for money rating. Hostel was in a very good location from the Copacabana beach and the staff were very friendly and helpful, the communal sharing just wasn't for me. If you are fine with the communal lifestyle or shared facilities this would be very ideal if not then it's not for you.

• 13th Jun 2014

Dear Peter, First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience and a nice World Cup We look forward to welcome you soon. Thanks to you and your friends, Management

I really liked this hostel because everyone was very friendly and helpfull. There is a feeling of community too and I felt very welcome. The food is awesome and not too expensive plus that is always fresh stuff from the local markets what they serve you. It is close to the beach too and you can take a bus to go whatever you want. Here you have a quiet time or the opposite too, so it is up to you to go out there and party. Again thank all the Misti staff for being so helpfull and nice to me!!!!!!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Thanks Yessica, Thank you for sharing with us the experience you lived at El Misti and praising our services, there is no higher reward then to know that our efforts resulted in you having the perfect stay. It is our commitment to make the service as personalized and attentive as possible, making our guests feel relaxed and comfortable, exceeding the expectations. Hope to see you again in sunny Rio de Janeiro. Kind regards, Management

The beds are not defined and staff doesn't really care if you have a problem with it, as it happened to my group... the ambiance is quite nice and the neighborhood is very safe! The bathrooms are okay, they could use some cleaning but nothing too scary. I recommend it if you don't want to spend a lot of money and stay in one of the best locations in Rio.

• 15th May 2014

strange music.....strange peoples.......nice trip to favelas with guides from the hostel.

• 4th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Bad wifi, not enough room for people to hang out, ok location

It was a very pleasant stay, the hostel's location is excellent, the staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was amazing. The cleanliness could be better.

Good, fun hostel close to beach and in a good area of Copacabana. Great breakfast; a good spread and as much as you can eat. Good atmosphere on the evenings and always suggestions for where to head to after. Slightly basic rooms but who cares! They're all you need from a hostel and for the price!

I loved my stay at the hostel. The staff were very friendly and always very keen to help. They have a very friendly atmosphere, it is very easy to make new friends there from all over the world. The breakfast is good and they always keep the bathrooms and living rooms clean. Definitely would stay there again and would recommend to my friends.

• 26th Mar 2014

El Misti Copacabana is a great place to meet new people since the common room is very inviting, althought not the cleanest. Everybody sits there since the rooms are a little too hot to stay in long. Staff is very friendly, and the 'hostelparties' every night of the week are great! You get to see a lot of the good places for partying in Rio.

I stayed there during Carnaval. The one thing that I really hated was the WIFI. It was a really bad. One more thing that is worth to notice is that there are only 2 bathrooms upstairs for about 40 people. I felt a little bit like in prison camp. One positive is a staff and a great location.

Excellent Hostel!.. Friendly Atmosphere, a lot of Foreigner, close to Copacabana Beach.. I would definatelly stay there again.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The meals at night were delicious and inexpensive. The wifi was terrible though

Misti has a good location, and very friendly staff (except for the chilean guy that works at night)

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels