El Misti Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Travessa Frederico Pamplona n# 20, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I loved my stay at the hostel. The staff were very friendly and always very keen to help. They have a very friendly atmosphere, it is very easy to make new friends there from all over the world. The breakfast is good and they always keep the bathrooms and living rooms clean. Definitely would stay there again and would recommend to my friends.

• 26th Mar 2014

El Misti Copacabana is a great place to meet new people since the common room is very inviting, althought not the cleanest. Everybody sits there since the rooms are a little too hot to stay in long. Staff is very friendly, and the 'hostelparties' every night of the week are great! You get to see a lot of the good places for partying in Rio.

I stayed there during Carnaval. The one thing that I really hated was the WIFI. It was a really bad. One more thing that is worth to notice is that there are only 2 bathrooms upstairs for about 40 people. I felt a little bit like in prison camp. One positive is a staff and a great location.

Excellent Hostel!.. Friendly Atmosphere, a lot of Foreigner, close to Copacabana Beach.. I would definatelly stay there again.

• 1st Mar 2014

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The meals at night were delicious and inexpensive. The wifi was terrible though

Misti has a good location, and very friendly staff (except for the chilean guy that works at night)

good location,excellent staff, good value for money, wifi wasnot always working, the best breakfast in any hostel you can visit worldwide.

Its definitely the best hostel in my opinion because a good atmosphere is provided by the staff people, a clean and organized rooms, good breakfast and internet connection. I had a oportunity to make a free tour in water falls, and there is more payed tours in partnership with hostel. They have a bar with caipirinhas and you can have dinner (payed). The location is privileged just 3 blocks to the beach, and close to subway (4 blocks). I recommend

• 29th Jan 2014

Very dirty, no working wifi (expect maximum 1 hour access daily) Breaky was really nice though and the location is amazing! As soon as you check out you will not feel comfy in the atmosphere though they said it was ok to leave the luggage there for a few hours.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel is perfect for anyone in their early 20s who want to meet other travelers. I am in my late 20s tough and found it too loud, too crowded for the provided space and not really clean. The rooms are small and host too many guests. The first time ever I've seen bunk beds of 3...The lcoation is good, in Copacabana... We had problems like water not running for a day ( we had to go to a nearby hostel for showers). The wi-fi works poorly The staff, especially Sofie, were nice and helpful.

This was by far the best al round hostel i stayed in, in Brazil. Our room didn't have air-con that worked and the rooms could have been cleaner but putting that aside the staff were so friendly and helpful. There was also plenty going on to help you meet other travellers. I was there over New Year which i'm sure added to the atmosphere as well. Would definitley stay here again if i return to Brazil

Nice hostal, five minutes away from the copacabana beach. Many activities made by the hostal aswell. Good food and nice stuff. I liked it!

The cleanliness of the bathrooms were not very good sometimes. They need to be cleaned more times per day!

Pros:The friendliness of the staff. The daily activities available. Breakfast is somewhat creative. Cons:The place is more of an army barrack than a hostel. Super uncomfortable beds. Super overcrowded! Only 4 bathrooms in the entire place, Sometime we had to wait 30 mins to use the bathroom! Air conditioning and wifi connection almost non-existent. Kitchen is extremely difficult, utensils are very hard to locate, and also always crowded.

Cool atmosphere and great common area for meeting people.

I had a really good time at Misti Copacabana, great facilities and a very friendly staff. Hope I can go back soon!

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Argentina

OURS WAS THE ONLY ROOM WHERE THE A/C DIDNT WORK. BREAKFAST IS EXCELLENT FOR A HOSTEL

they painted over mold in the rooms..you cant see it but you can definitely smell it! Really bad internet connection and gross bathrooms that almost never had soap. I raelly disliked this place and i do not recommend it to anyone! all my other friends stayed at the hostel "walk on the beach" and said it was great... do not stay here!

• 2nd Nov 2013

The stuff (not all) wasn't helpful nor friendly! There was no water in the city, but they never provided us with a solution. The breakfast was ok. The internet connection was also very weak.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels