El Misti Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Travessa Frederico Pamplona n# 20, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel is one of the best I’ve ever stayed in. People working here are phenomenal, very kind, always ready to help you with all your requests. They provide service you would get at 5 star hotels. Hostel is well located in very safe neighborhood within walking distance to Copacabana beach and public transportation. It has huge lockers, clean bathrooms and nice outside dining area. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to Rio and I would like to thank all people working at El Misti

I stayed during the world cup so the prices had been increased, this is the reason for my value for money rating. Hostel was in a very good location from the Copacabana beach and the staff were very friendly and helpful, the communal sharing just wasn't for me. If you are fine with the communal lifestyle or shared facilities this would be very ideal if not then it's not for you.

• 13th Jun 2014

Dear Peter, First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience and a nice World Cup We look forward to welcome you soon. Thanks to you and your friends, Management

I really liked this hostel because everyone was very friendly and helpfull. There is a feeling of community too and I felt very welcome. The food is awesome and not too expensive plus that is always fresh stuff from the local markets what they serve you. It is close to the beach too and you can take a bus to go whatever you want. Here you have a quiet time or the opposite too, so it is up to you to go out there and party. Again thank all the Misti staff for being so helpfull and nice to me!!!!!!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

Thanks Yessica, Thank you for sharing with us the experience you lived at El Misti and praising our services, there is no higher reward then to know that our efforts resulted in you having the perfect stay. It is our commitment to make the service as personalized and attentive as possible, making our guests feel relaxed and comfortable, exceeding the expectations. Hope to see you again in sunny Rio de Janeiro. Kind regards, Management

My experience there was amazing. This was my fourth time staying at this hostel. Located in a safe area, right next to a supermarket, a couple of blocks from Copacabana beach and 20 min walk to Ipanema. The metro and buses also are a few blocks away. The staff including Nico, Thiago, German, Sofia, Victor, and a few others were always very helpful and seemed to always be smiling! The hostel has a great feel about it and always seems to be busy. As people leave, more come in! I miss this place!

The beds are not defined and staff doesn't really care if you have a problem with it, as it happened to my group... the ambiance is quite nice and the neighborhood is very safe! The bathrooms are okay, they could use some cleaning but nothing too scary. I recommend it if you don't want to spend a lot of money and stay in one of the best locations in Rio.

• 15th May 2014

strange music.....strange peoples.......nice trip to favelas with guides from the hostel.

• 4th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Bad wifi, not enough room for people to hang out, ok location

It was a very pleasant stay, the hostel's location is excellent, the staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was amazing. The cleanliness could be better.

Good, fun hostel close to beach and in a good area of Copacabana. Great breakfast; a good spread and as much as you can eat. Good atmosphere on the evenings and always suggestions for where to head to after. Slightly basic rooms but who cares! They're all you need from a hostel and for the price!

I loved my stay at the hostel. The staff were very friendly and always very keen to help. They have a very friendly atmosphere, it is very easy to make new friends there from all over the world. The breakfast is good and they always keep the bathrooms and living rooms clean. Definitely would stay there again and would recommend to my friends.

El Misti Copacabana is a great place to meet new people since the common room is very inviting, althought not the cleanest. Everybody sits there since the rooms are a little too hot to stay in long. Staff is very friendly, and the 'hostelparties' every night of the week are great! You get to see a lot of the good places for partying in Rio.

I stayed there during Carnaval. The one thing that I really hated was the WIFI. It was a really bad. One more thing that is worth to notice is that there are only 2 bathrooms upstairs for about 40 people. I felt a little bit like in prison camp. One positive is a staff and a great location.

Excellent Hostel!.. Friendly Atmosphere, a lot of Foreigner, close to Copacabana Beach.. I would definatelly stay there again.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The meals at night were delicious and inexpensive. The wifi was terrible though

Misti has a good location, and very friendly staff (except for the chilean guy that works at night)

good location,excellent staff, good value for money, wifi wasnot always working, the best breakfast in any hostel you can visit worldwide.

Its definitely the best hostel in my opinion because a good atmosphere is provided by the staff people, a clean and organized rooms, good breakfast and internet connection. I had a oportunity to make a free tour in water falls, and there is more payed tours in partnership with hostel. They have a bar with caipirinhas and you can have dinner (payed). The location is privileged just 3 blocks to the beach, and close to subway (4 blocks). I recommend

• 29th Jan 2014

Very dirty, no working wifi (expect maximum 1 hour access daily) Breaky was really nice though and the location is amazing! As soon as you check out you will not feel comfy in the atmosphere though they said it was ok to leave the luggage there for a few hours.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel is perfect for anyone in their early 20s who want to meet other travelers. I am in my late 20s tough and found it too loud, too crowded for the provided space and not really clean. The rooms are small and host too many guests. The first time ever I've seen bunk beds of 3...The lcoation is good, in Copacabana... We had problems like water not running for a day ( we had to go to a nearby hostel for showers). The wi-fi works poorly The staff, especially Sofie, were nice and helpful.

This was by far the best al round hostel i stayed in, in Brazil. Our room didn't have air-con that worked and the rooms could have been cleaner but putting that aside the staff were so friendly and helpful. There was also plenty going on to help you meet other travellers. I was there over New Year which i'm sure added to the atmosphere as well. Would definitley stay here again if i return to Brazil

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels