El Misti Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Travessa Frederico Pamplona n# 20, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent Hostel!.. Friendly Atmosphere, a lot of Foreigner, close to Copacabana Beach.. I would definatelly stay there again.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The meals at night were delicious and inexpensive. The wifi was terrible though

Misti has a good location, and very friendly staff (except for the chilean guy that works at night)

good location,excellent staff, good value for money, wifi wasnot always working, the best breakfast in any hostel you can visit worldwide.

Its definitely the best hostel in my opinion because a good atmosphere is provided by the staff people, a clean and organized rooms, good breakfast and internet connection. I had a oportunity to make a free tour in water falls, and there is more payed tours in partnership with hostel. They have a bar with caipirinhas and you can have dinner (payed). The location is privileged just 3 blocks to the beach, and close to subway (4 blocks). I recommend

• 29th Jan 2014

Very dirty, no working wifi (expect maximum 1 hour access daily) Breaky was really nice though and the location is amazing! As soon as you check out you will not feel comfy in the atmosphere though they said it was ok to leave the luggage there for a few hours.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel is perfect for anyone in their early 20s who want to meet other travelers. I am in my late 20s tough and found it too loud, too crowded for the provided space and not really clean. The rooms are small and host too many guests. The first time ever I've seen bunk beds of 3...The lcoation is good, in Copacabana... We had problems like water not running for a day ( we had to go to a nearby hostel for showers). The wi-fi works poorly The staff, especially Sofie, were nice and helpful.

This was by far the best al round hostel i stayed in, in Brazil. Our room didn't have air-con that worked and the rooms could have been cleaner but putting that aside the staff were so friendly and helpful. There was also plenty going on to help you meet other travellers. I was there over New Year which i'm sure added to the atmosphere as well. Would definitley stay here again if i return to Brazil

Nice hostal, five minutes away from the copacabana beach. Many activities made by the hostal aswell. Good food and nice stuff. I liked it!

The cleanliness of the bathrooms were not very good sometimes. They need to be cleaned more times per day!

Pros:The friendliness of the staff. The daily activities available. Breakfast is somewhat creative. Cons:The place is more of an army barrack than a hostel. Super uncomfortable beds. Super overcrowded! Only 4 bathrooms in the entire place, Sometime we had to wait 30 mins to use the bathroom! Air conditioning and wifi connection almost non-existent. Kitchen is extremely difficult, utensils are very hard to locate, and also always crowded.

Cool atmosphere and great common area for meeting people.

I had a really good time at Misti Copacabana, great facilities and a very friendly staff. Hope I can go back soon!

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Argentina

OURS WAS THE ONLY ROOM WHERE THE A/C DIDNT WORK. BREAKFAST IS EXCELLENT FOR A HOSTEL

they painted over mold in the rooms..you cant see it but you can definitely smell it! Really bad internet connection and gross bathrooms that almost never had soap. I raelly disliked this place and i do not recommend it to anyone! all my other friends stayed at the hostel "walk on the beach" and said it was great... do not stay here!

• 2nd Nov 2013

The stuff (not all) wasn't helpful nor friendly! There was no water in the city, but they never provided us with a solution. The breakfast was ok. The internet connection was also very weak.

Great social hostel. Good breakfast. Fine location. Nice dinner. The negative thing about this hostel is that there are only 4 bathrooms (all with showers) meaning that we sometimes had to queue for ages because people were showering in the morning and afternoon.

6 bed dorm was a bit crowded, lively hostel within walking distance of copacabana beach. good daily breakfast and options for tours/day trips. good location, helpful staff.

Room was very cramped, 6 under-bed lockers facing each other in such a way that only one person could really be accessing theirs at a time. Receptionists were fairly disinterested in what was going on, it was a little disheartening to see how seldom they bothered to answer the phone. Dinners were excellent, but the cocktail bar was never opened.

The hostel is well located next to metro and beach, but there are so many beds in little space that you're feeling like in a train station. For all these people exist only 5 showers, that means you habe always to wait to shower. Some staff spoke just very poor english and I had to change rooms in 5 minutes because they did forget that my old room will be painted. During I packed my staff, the workers brought already in the paint!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels