El Misti Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Travessa Frederico Pamplona n# 20, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The breakfast is good and complete. It is not far away from the beach and this is good. But I think that it is expensive for the place it has. There are so many beds and rooms inside other rooms, I felt that this is people that only want to make money, and I don not like it I felt very uncomfortable. It should be cheaper, or have less beds and more space on common area. And internet is extremely bad. It is imposible even to use watsupp

This hostel was absolutely disgusting, neva stayed in one so bad. The staff did not give a good first impression, but then were nice. Heard lots of people got there stuff stolen so if you go lock your things away, even your clothes.

• 15th Jan 2016

Very nice place. The stuff very helpful.excellent breakfast. Environment been perfect if the air-condition was not too high. Very bad Internet

Thanks to all the staff form making my staystay so enjoyable. This hostel is excelent value for money, the staff are great across the board. The best breakfast among alln the hostels Istayed at as well as being the cheapest dorm. Just two suggestions: mosquito mesh on the bedroom windows as we all got loads of bites and a water filter on a tap to cut down on plástic bottles. This would compliment the El Místi policy of reducing waste and caring for the environment.

• 7th Dec 2015

El minging. I stayed at this hostel with two friends, all of us have been travelling for 3 months so fairly relaxed about standards. It is terrible, most dorms had three tier bunk beds in a dorm that is really made for 4. 9 people cannot all stand in such a minute space. Also the room stank, even though there was aircon, when it wasn't on (because a bed was 2 inches below it) it was so hot you could hardly breathe, let alone sleep. Breakfast was below average. Don't go!

The hostel was great in every way, the only thing that drag down my review is because some of the toailets were nasty.. And that the wi-fi didn't work for us. But on further notice, I think all of this depends on the other guests. We maybe had some bad neighbors, and when the wi-fi didn't work it has to be because 5 different people watched movies on Netflix. That is not how you respect the other guests..

Absolutely loved it! The staff is just fantastic and the atmosphere is amazing. Made friends 1 min after arrival. If you are a young person who loves being around people and sharing stories this is the place to be. Location is great. You have a direct bus from the airports that drops you 5 min walking distance from the hostel. Wrote a email before arrival asking for dirrections. Got an detailed answer in a very short time.

Me and my friends left the hostel immediately after we saw the dirty and smelly room. The staff was excellent, very understanding and helpful!

great experience the athmosphere is great, the breakfast was so good, the location so close to the beach and in so confortable, the price was so good for a great service.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

Nice place...nice staff!!

beds are 3 tall and uncomfortable in stuffy windowless rooms. The bathrooms are always dirty. The Lockers are big, and the breakfast is great with cheese and fruit in addition to all the carbs. Kitchen is decent. Wifi is poor. Party hostel!

It's a good hostel, nice staff - friendly, speak good English, keep the place in good order etc. Wifi weak but typical of all Brazil hostels. Good breakfast included. There are lockers for your stuff and others for your valuables, so really secure, and they'll look after your luggage on the checkout day. Close to beach, metro, bus routes, shops etc. Cheap tasty dinners. Disadvantages: Dorms get stuffy, bathrooms small and few, I don't like the 3-tier bunk system, few activities.

I wouldn't go rushing back to this hostel, the bathrooms were pretty average, and there were only 3 (that I could find), the social area was quite crammed and the beds were those triple bunks. The location was good- close to the beach and a big supermarket. Breakfast was nice and staff were friendly. A good place if you want to party- but you could probably find better.

Dear Joanna, Thanks for your feedback, we consider very important to improve day after day, sorry about the structure of the House, happy to hear about us on a friendly way. Thank you again T mgmt

Dont choose this hostel for the 'free airport pickup' like I did, I booked the required 4 nights, emailed to arrange and heard nothing. Then when I wanted to go to the airport I was told its only if youre arriving. So false advertising! Other than that, you get tiny lockers for valuables, the lockers in dorm didnt fit my padlock and they didnt want to lend me one. The reception staff and very friendly and the breakfast is amazing. My dorm wasnt cleaned during my 4 nights stay, and the bathrooms

Dear Rhiannon, All your comments have been passed to the El Misti team. Make sure that on your next visit, problems as cleaner and the free pick up will be already solved. Kind regards, Management

Definitely would stay there if i go to Rio, the mood its amazing. You dont stop partying and having stuff to do, and its close to the main road of Copacabana

Never been to a worse hostel.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

"Dear… All your comments have been passed to the El Misti team. Make sure that on your next visit, problems will be already solved. Kind regards Management "

Nothing special. They seem messy but are friendly. Good location but wasn't so so clean in the bathrooms. Maybe because I arrived after Carnaval.

"Dear… First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience, highlighted by our facilities and the excellent service offered by our attentive staff. We look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards, Management "

staff: unfriendly, arrogant, unprofessional, chaotic place: dirty, tiny, expensive breakfast, dinner, drinks: good Big thanks to Hugo who made the stay bearable!

Dear Johanna, Thank you for your opinion about your recent stay at our hostel. It is the most important value to us to improve our facilities and quality of services. We would like to apologize that we did not reach your expectations. Based on your comment and suggestions, we will make a great effort at any cost to make some improvements. We hope to see you again in the future and give you great experience at out hostel also to exceed your highest expectations. Kind regards, Management!

Great location in Rio. Very accommodating staff. Space in Rio, granted, is at a premium, however, I though the bathroom on 2nd floor was too small. Would stay here again except for during inflated price periods such as during Carnival and New Year's.

Great atmosphere:) Roberto was amazing, really helpful and always with smile on his face . Free walking tour to Fawela with Luis was one of the best tours I have been on. I recommend this hostel to anybody who is traveling alone, good place to met people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7