Fabulous 332 Total Reviews
Fabulous 332 Total Reviews
El Misti Hostel Copacabana Located at Travessa Frederico Pamplona n# 20, , Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro 22061-080 Travessa Frederico Pamplona n# 20
89% 332
-22.9723812 -43.1923198
    Rooms available

9th Aug 2016
2.3

I booked 4 nights, they were supposed to pick me up at the airport but never did. By far the worst place I stayed and I'd never come back. The bathrooms are disgusting, there is always a turd floating. Finding soap and paper towel is impossible. The facility is horrible, the couches are all old and falling apart. The rooms are old, bed sheets are 10 year old full of stains. Most of the staff freaking smoke on the couches. In Europe nobody smoke inside. 90% are Argentina folks, loud n rude.

7th Aug 2016

Not that far from metro station. I was there for Olympic games so price was higher than normal. There were so many people and be careful when you are booking your bed. The one I stayed was 3 story buck bed and because I was last one in the room only option I had was top one. Really close to ceiling. The room was really hot because they put so many people in a tiny room that I couldn't sleep. Staff was there 24/7 so that was good but anyone can walk in and no one can realize who's staying there.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
3rd Aug 2016

Well located place, clean and comfy rooms. Breakfast with many options. Receptionist have great information about the city, just go and ask them, the will kindly help you out. There's a bar where you can have the tipical brazilian drink, everyone meets there before going clubbing which is good when youre traveling solo.

• Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2016
6.6

The toilets and bathroom were awful, I am sorry, but they were. I missed the towels in bathroom even in our 4bed room. I needed to rent the towel. I was disappointed that I was charged by hostel world in british pounds and after charged again in the hostel for offical payment in BRL. It made me so many troubles, when I need to separate the amount between me and my 3 friends. The beds had wierd pillows like a plastic bags. But general atmosphere, the location and the breafast were fine. EH

• Brazil, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

Laid back, friendly atmosphere with helpful staff Clean kitchen and bathrooms with a great outside area to chill day and night. Perfect location, in the middle of Copacabana, 5 min from Copa beach and 10 min from Ipanema beach, couldn't be better.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016

The location is great, 5 min walking from Copacabana beach and other facilities nearby (metro, supermarket, ...). The area is very safe and quiet. Staff is helpful and speaks good English. To my opinion, the location of he bathrooms is not convenient, much in the way and close to kitchen/ dining room and they could be a little cleaner. Other than that I would definitely recommend this hostel

• USA, Female, 31-40
22nd Jul 2016

I loved this hostel! Would definitely recommend it. Great location, the staff helped me with any info i needed and it was a great location.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

I had a great experience staying in this place, comfy mattresses , clean toilets and a well equipped kitchen . Location is great, just a few minutes away from Copacabana's beach, banks, metro, bus stops, farmacy, etc. Good breakfast.

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Jun 2016

Thumbs up! Great hostel, well located, amazing staff. Nothing I would change, I had a great time staying with you guys!

• England, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

I would definitely recommend El Misti to anyone staying in Copacabana. value for money is fantastic. location is great, close to a supermarket, the beach and metro. They are refurbishing atm and the new rooms are very clean and spacious with air con and fans. kitchen is well equipped. wifi is excellent, strong signal in all rooms. One of the best things is the staff who are all very friendly and helpful. Only negative that there aren't very many bathrooms but overall great hostel! Thanks guys!