El Misti Hostel Ilha Grande Reviews

Rua Alice Kury da Silva, 8, Vila do Abraao, Ilha Grande, Brazil

would recommend coming here.

Really great hostel in an amazing location. Wifi wasn't working for iPhones which can be pretty annoying! Staff could have been more helpful- especially when internet wasn't workinh so couldn't book onward steps/tours. Need bigger lockers in the rooms. Doesn't quite match up to other El mistis.

On arrival around 4pm they didn't have lockers, bed sheets, wifi, and only one key for the room. Why don't they fix it? Buy some extra lockers, buy more bed sheets, get an extra wifi router, and duplicate the keys for the rooms. Soon enough all of this was fixed, but it was a very bad first impression, we desperately tried to find a different hostel. The atmosphere in the hostel was great though, good place to meet other people.

Horrible service when we checked in - took about 30min - guy behind the desk was too busy doing nothing. Not enough lockers in the rooms for everyone, or space for that matter. Only plus was the hostel kitten.

Waited 2 hours for bed sheets on arrival, the room was unclean, electricity went out, one bathroom was not enough for 9 people squeezed into a room, there was only 6 lockers. My bunk of which there were 3 × 3 high was highly unsafe as the fan was centimetres from my head (health and safety)

Basic, cramped rooms (no lockers inside rooms or decent storage space) but well-ventilated and clean Kitchen - unclear as to what you can cook with and what belongs solely to hostel staff Terrible internet Good value breakfast included (get up early if you want hot food!) Cheapest (and tasty!) Caipirinhas on the island Well informed, friendly staff

Power to the island went out so no air con or lights or anything (not the hostels fault obviously), I stayed in the overflow place which didn't have a vibe, main place was cool though.

Security wasn't good as the hostel had run out of lockers. I think it's fair to expect enough lockers for all guests. Staff kept us waiting at the check in desk for a very long time, weren't particularly welcoming and weren't helpful with the few queries we had. Very overpriced for what we received.

Good breakfast and alright kitchen but fridge wasn't working during my stay. Wifi wasn't great and rooms were crowded - but I was there during peak season. Some friends had problems with blocked toilets and also there aren't enough lockers for everyone! But despite this I enjoyed my stay at El Misti and met some great people there. If you don't care about having minor issues and more about meeting cool people then I would recommend.

Great location, breakfast, and staff. We were visiting Ilha Grande during a really hot period and the dorm rooms were not properly equipped with A/C so it was hard to sleep.

They mention that there are lockers for everyone, but when we arrived we had to share a locker two people, and several others didn't get a locker at all. Otherwise nice average hostel, located very well close to the ferry dock.

Not enough fans/air con to be comfortable. Showers were not nice. Small lockers for valuables only, not enough for bags.

The hostel was perfect located and had a good breakfast! Really good environment with nice caipirinhas!! The rooms were not super beautiful.. but clean and with air conditioner! The main problem of this hostel is the wi-fi.. really bad..always on and off. Also there was one day with no water...but I guess its not the hostel fault! Overall we liked it and we had a lot of fun!

• 11th Jan 2015

When we arrived there was no running water from the taps or in the shower. Then there was a power cut, this happens all the time apparently, so most places were only off for 5 minutes before their own generators were turned on to provide power again. The hostel didn't have a generator. We then wanted to get our bedding as it had been washed when we had arrived. We couldn't find anyone

It was more like a party hostel with nice common rooms and breakfast. Rooms and toilets were cleaned once a day so they were okay. There should be more charging points because now people had to charge their phones in toilets.

Our opinion is that the hostel is overcrowded.Very small dorm for 9 people.To small kitchen,very badly equipped.For so many people there should be at least on more kitchen or more utensils and bigger fridge.It is a very dirty hostel.We waited for sheets till 6 or 7 p.m.Lockers existing but is impossible to get one(more people than functioning lockers).Also the staff don't care who comes in and out of hostel.Anyone could walk in the room area in "borrow" something. One good thing:breakfast.

The bathroom lights were on a timer so they turned off every five seconds so I had to shower in the dark or wave my arm frantically out of the shower every five seconds. very annoying.

This is more hole than hostel I am afraid. A great location in a beautiful place but the room I was given was absolutely disgusting. Uncovered filthy mattresses in a dank room are order of the day for the 9 bed dorm. There was one locker left semi functional with metal locker doors left loose on the floor and rubbish all over. I told the receptionist that I couldn't stay there and he agreed saying he felt ashamed. He was lovely and gave me my money back but overall a traumatising experience!

Only positive things you can find there is that the bathroom has a door or there’s a roof. That’s all. Two days black out and they have no generator. The staff I’ll keep in mind forever especially after our issue with “we’ve run out of candle for you to have some light in the bathroom, you’ll have buy some”. And after my Spanish speaking friend went there, a magic happened and they had some. If can’t speak Portuguese or Spanish and have a problem, find someone and you’ll solve everything easily

Hostel right in the centre of town, amazing breakfast, staff very helpful, only thing was the first night I stayed there weren't any lockers available for my important bits! Would recommend and the caiphrinihas are amazing!