El Misti Hostel Rio Reviews

Rua Tonelero 197, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really cramped small rooms, much too small for the amount of beds they stuff in there. The bathrooms were also tiny and dirty most of the time. Also some of the walls were starting to fall apart due to mold! The electical sockets in the rooms do not work and the wifi, that was only accessible from the private areas, was a joke and rarely ever workeD. Definitely not a good value for your money. The location is good, but there are so many hostels in this area, I recommend staying some place else.

Good breakfast, staff and location but very dirty and not a trustworthy atmosphere

Great location, good value for money, there's AC and wifi! It wasn't the cleanest place and the bathrooms are a little small, there was no soap during our two day stay, they weren't very clean. It was noisy at times due to whatever was going on next door.

Bathrooms needed routine cleaning (for dorm rooms), seemed like they only got cleaned once a week. Internet went in and out, nothing to rely on. Overall a long stay here was not do-able for me. One night is survivable.

• 4th Jan 2016

A place with a very good atmosphere and location. I really will come back to Rio and stay there again.

Lindo lugar para conocer gente! Cerca de todo, staff muy atento Gracias Chino

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Argentina

I had an amazing time in this hostel. Juan, one of the receptionist helped me out planing my trip around Brazil and gave me good advices for the hikes in Rio. I really like the energy in this hostel, the location is great, 4 blocks away from the beach, metro station across the road, super market and etc. I will definitely come back

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Very good location near the Copacabana beach and right next to the metro. Breakfast is great with fruits and fresh juice. And there are plenty of people working at the hostel who are there to help you. Not so cool things is that you don't have a key to your room, meaning that the door of your dorm is never looked, not so secured. Also the wifi in the room isn't the best, but in all other areas it's good. You can't always use the kitchen (not late at night) which is annoying. Liked & Recommended!

Super well located hostel. Friendly staff. Plenty of things to do around the hostel. Thanks to JP!

It just wasn't very friendly to meet people and the breakfast was pretty appalling. Maybe another El Misti would be better

Good location and clean. Staff are fine. Not a hostel where you can meet other englush speaking travelers and have a good night sleep. Despite the notice asking for silence after 10pm, guests were making noise and turning on the light until 12am. Free computers to use but need new keyboards.

Good budget hostel. Very friendly staff that speak good english.

It is difficult to find many positives about El Misti. From the minute we arrived, it felt grubby and grotty. The mattresses were old and very uncomfortable and the bathrooms were gross. Also, the air con seemed to be leaking in a few rooms so each morning wake up to a pool of water at the door. The breakfast was fine. Although a few staff had been pleasant and helpful, mostly we found them cold and unhelpful. The hostel lacked atmosphere and we spent minimal time there. Would not recommend.

Great staff, very helpful and friendly!

• 28th Sep 2015

Dear guest Thank you for sharing with us the experience you had at El Misti and to rate our services. Hope to see you again soon! Kind regards, Management

The hostel is very nice, only 3 blocks from the beach, perfect, good breakfast too. Staff very friendly

• 15th Sep 2015

Well it look good when we got therebut WiFi did not work after 7 pm, staff made more noise after 10pm than any of the peple that were ststaying in th place it look like it was a private party. And we fell like it would be better if we speak Spanish cus none of them speaks very good English nor Portugues. Our room was stinky and the air did not work properly.

• 11th Sep 2015

Dear valued guest, Thank you for your opinion about your recent stay at It is the most important value to us to improve our facilities and quality of services. our hostel. Our staff speaks Spanish, English and of course Portugues ( most of them are Brazillians) We would like to apologize that we did not reach your expectations. Based on your comment and suggestions, we will make a great effort at any cost to make some improvements. Management

Best value for money in Rio, we were three people and stayed 2 days but we really enjoyed our stay: staff is friendly, location is great. The hostel is clean and facilities are OK.

• 30th Aug 2015

Dear Antonie First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you with a relaxing experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards, Management

Pros: - Really good location, 2 min. walking from a subway station. - Nice guests from a lot of countries. - Good price + reasonable acomodations. Cons: - I was LOCKED OUT at 4 am. Someone from the staff "forget" it was his turn and I stayed for more than 30 minutes ringing the bell and another 30 calling the hostel. Then a guy finally opened the door for me and he didn´t say "sorry". When I complained about it, he was ironical. - Just one hot shower in my entire floor. - Small rooms.

• 25th Aug 2015

Dear Vivian We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post it. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

The hostel got a perfect location, it's close from everything, which is very important! It's a good place to meet a lot of others travelers, the wifi was a lil bit slow but definitely a nice place to stay.

Dear Guest. First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you with a relaxing experience. Make sure that on your next visit, problems as slow Wi-Fi will be already solved. Kind regards

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels