El Misti Hostel Rio Reviews

Rua Tonelero 197, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

good value for money for copacabana - good hostel

Dear Albert, Thanks for the review, we look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards, Management

Amazing location, the rest is medium and under...

Dear Itamar We appreciate your review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post it . Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

The 15 people room, it is horrible! It is impossible to open the suitcase! The bathroom was totally dirty. I will never come back and I will not recommend this hostel

El Misti was incredible! Made my brother and I's stay for carnival unforgettable! The location is awesome...short walk to the beach and literally right across the street from the metro, a hospital, and a police station. The staff was super friendly and helpful with any info we needed and Paul the bartender was amazing...he made every night at the hostel tons of fun! Met a lot of great people here and when i come back to Rio I will absolutely be staying here again.

Dear Sam, We truly appreciate your review! Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guest and it is very satisfying to read that this was your case. Thank you for your comments, this motivate us to keep putting our best effort in daily job. Kind regards, Management

Once all the argentinian staff learns how to smile and be more charismatic, the hostel ratings will improve. The second bad aspect is the rooms seemed a little small for so many beds. That won't be a problem depending on who you have in your room. Good aspects: great breakfast, great location. I strongly recommend this location if you want to have an easy life in Rio: supermarkets all around, subway nearby, 5 min walk to the beach, etc.

Dear Sanja We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post it. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

This hostel is at a perfect location, just across from the metro station and close to the busses. The staff was really friendly and helpfull. Although the bathrooms were sometimes really disgusting. And sometimes it took a really long time before they were cleaned. Some dorms have really little place to put your bag. In my dorm it was sometimes inpossible to walk to your bed.

the location is fine, and security is really kept, but the rooms are packed in a way that doesnt respact the costumer. 10 people are sleeping in a space that feats 6 at best. The common space is ok, but again, there is no justification to pack so many people in such a tiny room, and when you pay 40 reals, witch is not cheap, it doesnt make sance.

The atmosphere and staff are so great. The music in the reception is so cool with free computers! But the rooms and the bathroom are so small and tight. So if you will stay for long time, I don't recommend. But if you will stay just few days, I tottaly recommend because it's IN FRONT of a MetroStation Siqueira Campos, you can go to the beach on your feets and it's near of everything. The location is excelent!

• 24th Jan 2014

Definitely more of a party hostel. Good location and helpful staff. Unfortunately not very clean rooms. If you wanna get o good night sleep better go somewhere else.

All very well! The staff was nice, by the way, Camilo helped me to carry my heavy luggage to the third floor.

Dear Josafat Thank you for sharing with us the experience you lived at El Misti and praising our services, there is no higher reward then to know that our efforts resulted in you having the perfect stay. It is our commitment to make the service as personalized and attentive as possible, making our guests feel relaxed and comfortable, exceeding the expectations. Hope to see you again in sunny Rio de Janeiro. Kind regards, Management

location best hostel breakfast in Brasil, more choice than I have seen in any other hostel great little bar where barman Paul makes mean caipirinhas - crammed common area and dorms - has a roof terrace where it was possible to hang wet clothes from the beach when I stayed previously, however this has now been locked which results in everybody having to hang their wet beach clothes over beds in rooms not great

Dear Silvia First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience. We look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards, Management

Aircon turns of at 10.00 in a 10 bed doorm witch makes it impossible to sleep after 10.00. Turns back on about 16.00. Staff giving wrong directions. We payed a deposition via PayPal which they tried to charge us for again at arrival. After 1 hour of discussion and the staff calling the manager they finally solved the problem. The staff had a very unhelpful approach and wanted us to solv our problem ourselfs.

I was staying in El Misti Hostel Rio for Christmas and New Years Eve 2013-2014. Although it was quite full (due to the holiday) they managed to always organize awesome activities for only a few bugs. The staff was always very friendly and very very helpful! The hostel is also located only a 5 minute walk to Copa Cabana which makes the beachlife pretty easy! :D We also met a lot of great people! So I have to thank the hostel for such an awesome stay!! I woudl definitely come back again!

The hostel is very handy to the beach, shops and restaurants. Clean, good beds, great kitchen. The main area is a bit crammed but good to relax in and meet people.

The staff were not friendly and were not very informative as they barely spoke English. The bathrooms were so gross. I didn't want to even go in them. The bartender that worked in the evenings, Paul, was awesome. He was the only staff that socialized with the guests and remembered all of our names. But I would never go back to this hostel or recommend it to anyone.

The worst hostel I have ever been!!!! Don't go there!!!!! There were 1 toilet/shower for 20-30 persons, that was always disgusting and never cleaned properly. All the time the toilets were stucked by belongings of the previous toilet user. Staff was really unfriendly and not helpful at all. Even the bar keeper was defnitely not easy-going. Rooms are very tiny and the atmosphere is depressive! What a bad hostel!!!!!

• 12th Dec 2013

Good place!

The place is fun and filled with people. On that same note, maybe too many people. The common areas are tiny compared to the number of people its meant to accommodate. However the breakfast is tasty even if the room was cramped and unbelievable hot. On the plus side my room was quiet and clean and there were plenty of bathrooms.

Very friendly staff, great location, great atmosphere, didnt encounter any problems. Although unfortunately I didnt get the welcome caipirinha because I stayed only 1 night :(

The staff are really friendly...very Nice hostel .... I recommend :)

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels