El Misti Hostel Rio Reviews

Rua Tonelero 197, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The atmosphere and staff are so great. The music in the reception is so cool with free computers! But the rooms and the bathroom are so small and tight. So if you will stay for long time, I don't recommend. But if you will stay just few days, I tottaly recommend because it's IN FRONT of a MetroStation Siqueira Campos, you can go to the beach on your feets and it's near of everything. The location is excelent!

• 24th Jan 2014

Definitely more of a party hostel. Good location and helpful staff. Unfortunately not very clean rooms. If you wanna get o good night sleep better go somewhere else.

All very well! The staff was nice, by the way, Camilo helped me to carry my heavy luggage to the third floor.

Dear Josafat Thank you for sharing with us the experience you lived at El Misti and praising our services, there is no higher reward then to know that our efforts resulted in you having the perfect stay. It is our commitment to make the service as personalized and attentive as possible, making our guests feel relaxed and comfortable, exceeding the expectations. Hope to see you again in sunny Rio de Janeiro. Kind regards, Management

location best hostel breakfast in Brasil, more choice than I have seen in any other hostel great little bar where barman Paul makes mean caipirinhas - crammed common area and dorms - has a roof terrace where it was possible to hang wet clothes from the beach when I stayed previously, however this has now been locked which results in everybody having to hang their wet beach clothes over beds in rooms not great

Dear Silvia First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience. We look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards, Management

Aircon turns of at 10.00 in a 10 bed doorm witch makes it impossible to sleep after 10.00. Turns back on about 16.00. Staff giving wrong directions. We payed a deposition via PayPal which they tried to charge us for again at arrival. After 1 hour of discussion and the staff calling the manager they finally solved the problem. The staff had a very unhelpful approach and wanted us to solv our problem ourselfs.

I was staying in El Misti Hostel Rio for Christmas and New Years Eve 2013-2014. Although it was quite full (due to the holiday) they managed to always organize awesome activities for only a few bugs. The staff was always very friendly and very very helpful! The hostel is also located only a 5 minute walk to Copa Cabana which makes the beachlife pretty easy! :D We also met a lot of great people! So I have to thank the hostel for such an awesome stay!! I woudl definitely come back again!

The hostel is very handy to the beach, shops and restaurants. Clean, good beds, great kitchen. The main area is a bit crammed but good to relax in and meet people.

The staff were not friendly and were not very informative as they barely spoke English. The bathrooms were so gross. I didn't want to even go in them. The bartender that worked in the evenings, Paul, was awesome. He was the only staff that socialized with the guests and remembered all of our names. But I would never go back to this hostel or recommend it to anyone.

The worst hostel I have ever been!!!! Don't go there!!!!! There were 1 toilet/shower for 20-30 persons, that was always disgusting and never cleaned properly. All the time the toilets were stucked by belongings of the previous toilet user. Staff was really unfriendly and not helpful at all. Even the bar keeper was defnitely not easy-going. Rooms are very tiny and the atmosphere is depressive! What a bad hostel!!!!!

• 12th Dec 2013

Good place!

The place is fun and filled with people. On that same note, maybe too many people. The common areas are tiny compared to the number of people its meant to accommodate. However the breakfast is tasty even if the room was cramped and unbelievable hot. On the plus side my room was quiet and clean and there were plenty of bathrooms.

Very friendly staff, great location, great atmosphere, didnt encounter any problems. Although unfortunately I didnt get the welcome caipirinha because I stayed only 1 night :(

The staff are really friendly...very Nice hostel .... I recommend :)

If you are travelling to Río, El Misti Río is the best place!!!

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

The hostel surprised me. Be reformed. Lots of facilities. Excellent breakfast for the standard hostel. Location perfect, in front of the subway station. Just the the bathrooms are so small. Overall highly recommend this hostel

The location was great. Breakfast, cleanliness and staff were fine. The only thing that bothered me was the space inside the room and the bathroom, cause they were really tight.

The staff was really friendly. They are available all the time to give all the information you need. The hostel is conveniently located just few blocks to the amazing Copacabana beach. Everything was awesome

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

Had an amazing time staying here last week, the people I met were cool and the staff was pretty great, they can get annoyed sometimes but that is expected, I went out with them a few times and had a ton of fun. Bathrooms were pretty clean and I never really had to wait except for maybe at peak hours around 7:00. Overall it's a great environment, the bar is cool and the beer pretty cheap. I had a ton of fun and plan to stay here when I go back. Victor is a pretty chill guy too.

• 30th Oct 2013

the hostel is good, nothing special or bad about it. The staff is helpful, the location is good, it really is 4 streets from the beach, very easy access by bus or subway. And there is the option of eating dinner in the hostel for 15 reais, that is an excellent price for Rio and the food was very good.

can't believe what happened. booked 4 nights, the place is incredibly dirty, rooms really small. after the second day the hostel had no water, so nobody could even go to the bathroom. of course we left and didn't get a refund. that is no place where any human been should be.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels