Fabulous 553 Total Reviews
Fabulous 553 Total Reviews
El Misti Hostel Rio Located at Rua Tonelero 197, , Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro 22030-000 Rua Tonelero 197
86% 553
-22.9677892 -43.1870205
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016

Great place to stay during your holidays, its a hostel with all you need. Good information from the staff. The hostel is well located, from there you can reach any part of the city. Copacabana's beach is just a few minutes by foot. There are lockers in the rooms but you need your own locker. Toilets were clean. Breakfast is pretty good. I would come back

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
16th Aug 2016
6.0

I chose the hostel by some reviews, but apparently they were 'outdated'. Because wasn't a good experience. One of the worst, actually..and I'd already been on sever Yeah..the location and the facility to come and get a bus/metro is the best side. Really easy. Although just that. The staff was so-so. The place was very small..tiny common areas. The breakfast was very simple, not good..and the cleanness terrible. Saw cockroaches all the time (even in the kitchen) and the toilets always dirty.

16th Aug 2016

One of the best Hostels I have stayed in. No problems even though it was a busy time. Helped me get where I was going and gave me tips.

10th Aug 2016
6.6

This was the first time I've ever considered changing hostels. I stayed here during the Olympics, and it was pretty dirty. Also, the 15-bed room is triple-bunked with bunks that feel like they'll fall over. There were some really nice people here (and AWESOME staff), but the crowd was pretty weird. Might've been due to the Olympics. That being said, I did extend my stay instead of moving elsewhere, but mainly because I was too lazy to move and already have friends in Rio. Would not return.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
5th Aug 2016

The staff were fantastic, breakfast was solid and the vibe great. Metro right across the street made getting around so easy. No complaints about this hostel!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
5th Aug 2016
6.9

Never once did I see this place being cleaned as people came and left. Its a little icky. Not enough storage space in the big dorms so there is peoples stuff all over the floor. They have a security gate but never once asked me who I was before opening it - seem to be a little lacking on security. Breakfast was good and they arrange a dinner six nights a week. You can also do free hiking in the afternoons :)

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Aug 2016

Amazing backpacker vibe in this place! I had a great time here meeting people and sharing stories about trips. The hostel is really good located, in the main neighbourhood of Rio de Janeiro. Staff are always giving you tips about what to do, beds are comfortable and toilets clean, breakfast is great with different options. I will totally recommend this place.

• MatthewCordeiro
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
29th Jul 2016

I could not be happier with my stay at el misti rio, from when I entered the place I felt like it was home. With the the best friendly service of juan at the desk from the chef's cooking up delicious food. The lively vibes throughout the hostel. All while getting a good night the sleep. I will reccommend to my friends and I will be back.

• England, Male, 18-24
29th Jul 2016
7.4

I know it's a hostel but rooms can get extremely cramped. Some lockers broken. Just needs to be kept a little better

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
28th Jul 2016

Absolutely loved our stay at El Misti. Staff were super friendly, nice clean dorms and really lovely terrace and bar. It wasn't super busy when we went but had a nice chilled out atmosphere and was very sociable. Probably the best place I stayed in during our 2 month trip in South America. Its in the good neighbourhood Copacabana where you can find many things to do, walking distance from the beach, metro, bus stops, main attractions.