El Misti Hostel Yellow Reviews

Rua da Mandragora, 13, Buzios, Brazil

Me encanto me encanto !! Genial probablemente el hostal más lindo donde me he quedado y eso que me he quedado en muchos. Todo esta genial pero lo mejor es el staff Damián Paula ari todos Rita todos excelente !

• 17th May 2014
  • Mexico

Estimado Iris, En primer lugar muchas gracias por tomarte el tiempo para compartir con nosotros tu opinión positiva sobre El Misti!. Nos hace muy feliz saber que has tenido unas maravillosas vacaciones con nosotros. Esperamos verte en breve en …………..! Staff El Misti

I would not recommend staying in this hostel. When we arrived our room smelt like wee & the pillows were mouldy. The kitchen doesn't have a lot if utensils. The wifi is awful and we tried for 3 hours to book our next hostel using both the wifi on our tablets and the computer and had to give up which was really bad. No wifi in dorms. A good thing about the hostel is the location and the breakfast. The 2 girl staff members are lovely & helpful but the man is very, very rude!

The infraestructure was good, nice place, nice location. We had problems with our bathroom, we asked for a shower curtain and we never get it.. so the room flooded whenever someone wanted to take a shower. The bed were ok. The breackfast was really good.

Great staffs makes all the difference... And as always, just loved to stay there, comfortable, enjoyable and relaxed... Thank you el misti crew

• 20th Sep 2013

The hostel is good but the location is not so much. All the beaches are quite far away, the closest ones take at least a 20-25 minutes walk. the kitchen is very small but it does the job.

The place is OK. Just OK. Most of the members of the staff are really helpful and really nice people... You will find friends among the guests. That's the best thing about this hostel. The location is good. It's 100 mts from one of the main roads. And at a 10-minute distance from the center. The pool is always a comfortable option.

Dear guest We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Hostel World. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

I can not vouch for the private rooms but our 4 bedroom dorm was not nice at all. The room stunk of urine (it wasn't coming from the bathroom) the girl on reception was super lovely and helpful and offered a change of room to her credit. Although extremely cheap we couldn't justify staying. Location was further from town then we had hoped for.

Awesome hostel!!! Great staff and breakfast. The house is really beautifull, IT HAS A POOL!!!! Very well located, walking distance to the center, Tartaruga and Ferradura beaches. I will definitely come back!

It was quite nice and good breakfast but i paid 35 reals by night on the website hostel worlb and when i came they say me there are a mistake about the price and i have to pay 50 reals by night! Not really honest!

• 13th Jan 2013

When we arrive, they told us, that they were having some problems with Hostelworld" were wrong, and istead of paying 35 Reais, we paid 45, also when we were there, they said that the reservation we made was for 3 instead of 4, and one of us, had to sleep in another bedroom, and paid 17 Reais more... This same thing happened to a lot of people that we meet there... I would like you to take any resolution about the case, the name of the girls who works there are "Cecilia", and "Andrea"

• 8th Jan 2013
  • Argentina

It was a really good hostel, we had a lot of fun, the staff is sooo nice and helpful. The rooms are clean, the swimming pool is excelent and breakfast is abundant. Very close to the city centre. The only problem we had was the key to the bedroom got stuck in the lock, we couldn't get it off and the hostel staff didn't fix it at least during the three days we stayed, so try to get a good padlock to keep your stuff safe. In general, it's a nice place to stay.

Nice hostel, really big, and it's cool they have a pool, but it's amazing how they sell water. they should have a filter so people can have potable water all the time,!!! apart from that the hostel is fine.. but that makes me not to recomend it.

I was booked for El Misti Yellow but at the end they didnt have private room there so they put me at El Misti Pousada and Hostel. It was really nice. Really calm, a perfect place to relax and friendly staffs The only problem we had was about the cleanliness of the pool... they should pay more attention on this point.

• 21st Dec 2012

It was my second time in Buzios and the first at El Misti Yellow. The view from our room was awesome. The hostel has a nice swimming pool to hang out after your day in the beach. Nice experience! I´d definitely stay again at this hostel.

The hole hostel smells..., the smell reminds me of an public toilet, sorry, but this is true. The aircondition was no aircondition, the room was very warm. The staff was in nighttime very loud..., even with plugs in the air i could here the very loud laugh of the girl with the funny eye. At brakfast the table seems full of this small jumping animals. So it was a very bad hostel..., but the worst was, that the staff was so loud in nighttime, because they should know that guest sleep here.

Staff were very nice, but hostel was not clean at all and the mosquitoes are unbearable at night when you are trying to sleep, all 3 of us woke up with bites all over us! Breakfast on the beach every morning is fantastic!

Beautiful place I felt like I was at someone's home with a TV area & wii etc if you need. Nice fresh beach white type feel to it.

Wonderful place, nice rooms, good breakfast, and very helpfull stuff *_*

I enjoyed a great stay there. Good breakfast, good location and really helpful staff. Close to everything, even though it isn't at the beach. Walk distance to the centre and beaches.

Nice hostel but VERY quiet. It looks great, it is clean and the pool is nice. However, there is NO atmosphere. The staff is super distant and does not really talk to you unless required. If you are looking for privacy and rest, go here. Otherwise go to a hostel closer to the boulevard with more people.