El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Clean bathrooms, friendly staff, great breakfast. Camilo helped me in a tough situation, and I thank him so much for it. Big thanks to all the Misti staff!

• 26th Jan 2016

Dear guest, We really appreciate your comments and compliments. Hope to see you again, Staff El Misti

Good hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpfull, they are very gentle and kind. Near metro station and good restaurants

Dear Guest, Thanks for your comments and compliments, we really appreciate them! Hope to see you soon! Staff El Misti

Very good hostel, nice building, good location, great graden!

• 6th Jan 2016

The Staff at this hostel are Awesome, very friendly, honest, helpful & fun to party with! Especially Chris & Roberto ;) The location is perfect! On the down side WiFi barely works in the rooms and the bathrooms small & poorly maintained, but i think you'll find this in most hostels in Rio. Crazy D

Dear Guest, Thanks for your comments and compliments, we really appreciate them. Our staff, specially Chris & Roberto, sends you greetings. Hope to see you soon! El Misti House

I stayed here with my boyfriend in a private room. We were really happy with the service we got; nice and helpful personnel, the room and bathrooms were clean. The only thing I would like to comment on, was the fact that it was quite noisy. The atmosphere was great, but in case you wanted to go to sleep early, it was hard to ignore the other people having drinks a wall away.

Is an excellent place to stay in Rio, everything is good, but the people how works there are very polite, helpfull and nice person. So That's the best part.

Dear guests, Thanks for the compliments, we really appreciate them. Hope to see you soon!! El Misti House

El Misti House is just great. All the staff super friendly...Good breakfast and prime location. Don t miss the all you can eat pizza s made by great cheff Beto. Ciao!

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Dear Guest, Thanks for the compliments, we really appreciate them. We hope to see you soon at our hostel!! El Misti House

had noisy room right next to the entrance with no window. It was quite ok for me but i think not for everyone

Dear guest, Thanks for your comments. Your feedback is a valuable source for improve our services. Thanks, El Misti House

Great breakfast and evening meals are good value. Hot shower works best if you turn it on and off a few times

This is a party hostel. As a solo traveller, I was very happy that there was a lot of activity in the common area and made some great friends. This is a good place to meet people from all over the world. I have two significant complaints though: the WiFi was terrible and did not work in the rooms but only in the common area. It is very spotty, which was very annoying since I needed to do research about the city and find places to go. My second complaint was that the bathrooms were very dirty.

Dear guest, Thanks for your feedback, your suggestions are a valuable source for our improvement. Thanks, El Misti House

The worst hostel ever! The bathrooms looked like they had never been cleaned up, the room was horrible,the locker was damaged so the person next to it had access to it, the place is very small you feel like a prisoner and the worse thing was the way the staff treated us, one of them rolled his eyes at me and even murmured words in a very rude way. I stayed only one day because I couldn't stand it anymore and ran away! I'd never go there again!!

Dear guest, Sorry for not meet your expectations in your short stay. Your feedback is a valuable source for improve our service. Thanks, Misti House

Stayed here for a week. Good atmosphere and amazing caipirinhas. Staff is very helpful, I definitely recommend it.

Dear guest, Thanks for your compliments and for recommend us. Hope to see you soon! Misti House

Thank you for the warm atmosphere, wonderful service and the endless parties!! Highly recommended for young peolple who wish to meet up with others from all around the world. Great breakfast (included) and affordable yammy dinners everynight! Tack Beto, Cele, Cami, Mau and Rene!

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Dear guest, Thanks for the compliments! Our staff sends greetings. Hope to see you soon at our hostel :)

Quite a cramped hostel but in an excellent location! Good breakfast and helpful staff. The atmosphere wasn't as good as I hoped but the mini bar that crops up in the evening does good cocktails! The bathrooms were a bit hit and miss always clean but only one was spacious enough the others were very small, especially for having a shower! Close to the beach, a super market and the metro station. Would stay again!

My stay was great. The staff there are really cool people and very helpful at the same time. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who heads over to Brazil.

• 9th Nov 2015

Dear guest, We really appreciate your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your days at our hostel. Thanks for recommend us. We hope to see you soon, El Misti House

Good location, staff were friendly after you got to know them. Good atmosphere overall. We had 2 floods in our 'basement dorm' which were very annoying but the staff were helpful and knocked some money off the final bill. The facilities are very poor, lots of showers but all cold (which is nice sometimes) some aircon but not throughout, not able to use the kitchen and in the second everything is broken.

El Misti is perfect for a couple of nights stay - however there a few things that could be improved! The cleanliness is not great, particularly in the bathrooms (of which there aren't many compared to the huge amount of people that fit in the hostel!), and the wifi signal is poor except in the reception area. And the bedrooms are HOT - but aircon only comes on for a short time (fans in room are rubbish!)Breakfast is fine, dinners are worth the 18 reals, and the staff are lovely.

Dear guest, Thanks for your compliments ans suggestions. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our service. Thanks, El Misti House

Hostel was pretty cramped--six to a room that was made for four people and the window opened up into the outdoor smoking area. The A/C was nice to have, but was extremely cold and right above my bed. Since we only had a thin sheet, I had to unplug it at night. While the staff was nice, this place crammed too many people into a small space.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment. sorry not to have exceeded your expectations, we will consider your suggestions to improve our service, Atte, El Misti House

Staff were amazing - really friendly and really helpful. Rooms are comfortable enough , altho can get very cold at night when the aircon is on! Bathrooms could be cleaner at times but otherwise rest of hostel clean and pleasant

• 24th Sep 2015

Good experience and recommend everyone, the location so close to the beach and in a street that is quiet and you can sleep with calm, i feel so confortable, the price was so good for a great service. Thanks for all guys, i will be back...

• 11th Sep 2015

querida huesped, muchisimas gracias por tu comentario, a nuestro equipo le encanta saber que nuestros huespedes se sienten bien quedandose aqui! esperamos recibirte de nuevo, Saludos, El Misti house.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels