El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel has a very good location, which is awesome because I felt safe hanging out around there late at night. But we found a cockroach in our bedroom the night we arrived. Internet also does not connect everywhere, but I guess its good because people end up hanging out in the shared area ad get to talk to other people. I would rate as an average place to stay, and probably would stay there again.

• 9th Jul 2015

The hostel is great overall - the rooms are a bit cramped (Lots of people in a small room). My first night I arrived late at night and they didn't have the right bed linens for my bed, and did not provide a pillow until the next day. The staff at front desk is usually helpful.

The place was small and cramped. It was very hot in the main lobby and the staff werent very enthusiastic or helpful. Overall the location was good and the people there were ready to party. I was a little disappointed with the stay.

Nice things: Clean hostel, clean sheets, cleen dorms, enough clean toilets and showers Bad things: Staff is only interested in eachother. I had the feeling they don't care to much about the visitors. Pour english speaking staff. Questions concerning sights to see and things to do were answered with overpaid services the hostel offers. Not interested us. When I was there, there were only spanish and portuguese speaking people. So not really nice if you are, like me, english speaking.

I had a lovely time during my stay. The hostel staff was so nice and friendly that they created a good atmosphere and because of that it was easy to meet new people too. The hostel staff was als very helpful, even on their freetime, and had a lot of recomendations and tips what to do in Rio. For example René was very helpful and had some good tips for places to visit (things that you maybe wouldn´t find in tourist quide books) so I would recommend to approach him with any doubt :)

This was the absolute worst hostel that Ive ever stayed at. There were way too many people for the space. Almost no bathrooms and the bathrooms that were there were clogged and always dirty. The common spaces were extremely hot and couldn't accommodate many people. I booked an all girls room and was put in a mixed room and all the staff said was "ya we cant do anything about it", no sorry or anything. My room sometimes didnt have power. Breakfast was stale.I wont ever stay at any El Misti again.

Great hostel! Great atmosphere and location! def coming back here!

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Pretty small hostel for the amount of people. But you meet people this way;) bunkbeds are three beds high in almost every room. But some airco does it good. 3 blocks from the beach. Wifi can be really bad if there are a lot of people

Great hostel. I've been to many hostels all over South America and this one is one of the best. Quick 5 min walk to Copacabana, excellent prices, and awesome installations, I would definitely stay there again.

Even though they had very inflated prices for Carnaval, I still think we definitely got great value for our money. The breakfast was simple but nice, they offered glitter and masks for going out to blocos, and one night the bartender even made us caipirinhas because he just felt like it. The staff was absolutely amazing, and the atmosphere is so social. I definitely recommend it.

• 13th Feb 2015

We stayed here during carnaval so as you can imagine it was very expensive. Most of the staff were rude and unhelpful. Even being carnival time we got told to "shhh" after 10pm in the main area! The location is good as it is close to the beach and the metro. We only ate once at the hostel but it was good. I found the cleanliness of this place poor and the air con needs to be on more when it is so hot!

This hostel is really lcated in the heart of Copacabana, really close to the beach and the metro station...Perfect location! the staff is great and welcoming everyone! sk for the barman Christopher, he does make awesome caipirinhas and he can suggest you places you wanna visit in Rio de Janeiro. Awesome people and really good hostel, I definitely recommend it!!!! Giovanni

• 9th Feb 2015

I have been so happy with my stay at El Misti :) The staff is very friendly and super helpful!! Lets not forget happy hour!! Thank you to Mr barman (Chris) and his special caipirinhas at a great price!! Thank you for an amazing stay El Misti!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Enjoyed the stay here. Staff were very helpful. Good facilities and great location.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels