El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The place was small and cramped. It was very hot in the main lobby and the staff werent very enthusiastic or helpful. Overall the location was good and the people there were ready to party. I was a little disappointed with the stay.

Nice things: Clean hostel, clean sheets, cleen dorms, enough clean toilets and showers Bad things: Staff is only interested in eachother. I had the feeling they don't care to much about the visitors. Pour english speaking staff. Questions concerning sights to see and things to do were answered with overpaid services the hostel offers. Not interested us. When I was there, there were only spanish and portuguese speaking people. So not really nice if you are, like me, english speaking.

I had a lovely time during my stay. The hostel staff was so nice and friendly that they created a good atmosphere and because of that it was easy to meet new people too. The hostel staff was als very helpful, even on their freetime, and had a lot of recomendations and tips what to do in Rio. For example René was very helpful and had some good tips for places to visit (things that you maybe wouldn´t find in tourist quide books) so I would recommend to approach him with any doubt :)

This was the absolute worst hostel that Ive ever stayed at. There were way too many people for the space. Almost no bathrooms and the bathrooms that were there were clogged and always dirty. The common spaces were extremely hot and couldn't accommodate many people. I booked an all girls room and was put in a mixed room and all the staff said was "ya we cant do anything about it", no sorry or anything. My room sometimes didnt have power. Breakfast was stale.I wont ever stay at any El Misti again.

Great hostel! Great atmosphere and location! def coming back here!

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Pretty small hostel for the amount of people. But you meet people this way;) bunkbeds are three beds high in almost every room. But some airco does it good. 3 blocks from the beach. Wifi can be really bad if there are a lot of people

Great hostel. I've been to many hostels all over South America and this one is one of the best. Quick 5 min walk to Copacabana, excellent prices, and awesome installations, I would definitely stay there again.

Even though they had very inflated prices for Carnaval, I still think we definitely got great value for our money. The breakfast was simple but nice, they offered glitter and masks for going out to blocos, and one night the bartender even made us caipirinhas because he just felt like it. The staff was absolutely amazing, and the atmosphere is so social. I definitely recommend it.

• 13th Feb 2015

We stayed here during carnaval so as you can imagine it was very expensive. Most of the staff were rude and unhelpful. Even being carnival time we got told to "shhh" after 10pm in the main area! The location is good as it is close to the beach and the metro. We only ate once at the hostel but it was good. I found the cleanliness of this place poor and the air con needs to be on more when it is so hot!

This hostel is really lcated in the heart of Copacabana, really close to the beach and the metro station...Perfect location! the staff is great and welcoming everyone! sk for the barman Christopher, he does make awesome caipirinhas and he can suggest you places you wanna visit in Rio de Janeiro. Awesome people and really good hostel, I definitely recommend it!!!! Giovanni

• 9th Feb 2015

I have been so happy with my stay at El Misti :) The staff is very friendly and super helpful!! Lets not forget happy hour!! Thank you to Mr barman (Chris) and his special caipirinhas at a great price!! Thank you for an amazing stay El Misti!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Enjoyed the stay here. Staff were very helpful. Good facilities and great location.

Pretty cramped place.. Bathrooms are pretty much disgusting, and there are way too few of them compared to how many guests stay here. Rooms are dark and dingy and SO CRAMPED. Eisch. Not great value for money, stay at el misti in Leme instead.

Everything was just perfect! The staff was amazing!

Cool hostel, great staff and very clean! Would stay again for sure!

Dear Benjamin, Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review! Your opinions are very important to us! We are glad to know you had a great time here! ... We loved to meet you and hope to have a new chance to host you in the future! Best regards in name of all the Misti staff!

Mind-blowing experience

Great place, good atmosphere!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Norway

Dear Arne, Thank you very much for your review!! It makes us so happy to know our efforts resulted in you having a great stay! We loved to meet you and hope to see you again in Rio in the future!! Best Regards from El Misti Staff!

I stayed here over NYE, ang even thiugh inwas paying extra fir tgd location, i didnt feel like i git amything extra fir it. The staff were mostly all nice and helpful. Thenwalkimg tours that said they were free didnt mentiom you have to pay for things, evsn if they're not goimg to the guide, it would habe been nice to know because I never brought enough money to pay for them.

Dear Amelia, Thanks for choosing us to spend the most important night of the year! And about the tours, we are sorry you left with a bad impression. But the tours really ARE free. All that´s requested is an optional tip for the guides as a way to reward and recognize their work. But there´s nothing else you need to pay for. We would like to invite you again to make up for the inconveniences you had this time! We are glad to know you liked our staff! We will let them know about it!

Great location, a couple blocks back from the beach. The tours from here are great and they pick you up from the hostel, having fox sports was also a great bonus. Showers are scattered throughout but we never had an issue finding a free one, and they are always clean

Rooms and showers were good. Breakfast was ok but the milk was warm for the cereal and it was too crammed and way too hot. We were also mislead by the Ilha grande day trip which we though would be a small private tour turned out to be a locals boat party which ruined the beauty of the island. There also seemed like there was too many staff hanging around not doing much. It was an ok hostel but not the best.

Dear Emily, Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your experience at the hostel. Your opinions are very important to us! We are happy to know you found the rooms and general facilities good as well as the security. Unfortunately we didn´t reach your expectations with the Ilha Grande tour. We hope to have a new chance to host you and offer you other options more related to your preferences.. Once again, thank you for posting a comment!!! ... El Misti staff.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels