El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Cleanliness: The Hostel was really dirty. I’ve travelled around the world and I’ve never seen such a dirty Hostel. Disgusting! Privacy: A worker entered in our room while we were on a tour and moved all the stuff we had there as well as getting everything dirty with paint. The staff didn’t even care about it.

A very nice hostel located ca. 10 minutes from the beach in Copacabana and next to the metro station Sigueira Campos. Atmosphere is very friendly, breakfast good, there are also options to order dinner prepared by the hostel's cook in the evening. Not so many bathrooms available, unfortunately. Female room is based in a basement, so there is no day light or option to open a window. In general good value for money.

It might be common for Brazilian hostel not to have electric kettle and bowl. Brazilian style breakfast provided was good and enough to start the day with various choices. Helpful and friendly staffs. 5 bedded room might end up in a dungeon. Unpleasant smell at an area in the hostel. Near to metro an beach. Overall this place is OK to stay.

Really great atmosphere! If you are a solo travel, this hostel is the perfect place to make new friends!

Stayed 4 nights and had a really good time there. Great place to meet people, the free breakfast is really good and the best start to the day. Reception staff is always helpful and the cleaners are always working hard to keep the hostel clean. Always again. 👌

12 beds is too much for such a little room, it wasn't comfortable at all. Not enough bathrooms and showers. Breakfast was kind of simple. The staff was really good and also de location.

• 1st May 2014
  • Argentina

Great location just 3 blocks away from Copacabana beach. The breakfast is probably one of the best I've had at a hostel. The wifi works great in the common areas but don't expect much in the rooms. The staff are okay with the exception of Renzo. He helped me while I was checking in and he was just wonderful. He made me feel like I was welcomed and I wasn't just another traveler passing through. Don't expect much from the rooms as the bunk beds look a little old. On a brighter note, there's AC!

Staff were great

• 19th Apr 2014

hostel was in great location, staff were excellent and so helpful. Hostel could definitely be cleaned, dorms were small

Wonderful staff, especially Victoria who helped with anything and everything we asked (including multiple phone calls to the airline that lost our luggage), I cant say enough good things about the El Misti team. Yummy breakfasts and also the dinners were great value for money. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Rio.

The was dirty, loud and stinky. Apart from that I felt like I was on a field trip from high school. As there were three dorms filled with 15 year old kids next to my dorm. I thought there was a policy that you have to be 18 to stay. The staff was very rude. I booked on hostel world for 2 nights at a certain price. Wen I got there I was surprised to learn that on the books was 3 nights for a price about 30 more than what I had originally agreed to. Instead of honor the original price the guy char

• 11th Apr 2014

Most of the staff members were nice and helpful and were really doing their best, however the hostel facilities absolutely need upgrading, and cleaning has to be taken a lot more seriously (especially in bathrooms) The general stay was ok but for the value offered, could have been cheaper..

Hostel is good, all you can eat dinners are fantastic. Had issues with the ensuite - no water when I arrived - so used another one, and they called someone in to fix the next morning. Then that afternoon all the water in the hostel went out for a while - so not sure if it was a supply problem, but it was fine a few hours later and no more issues. Location was good and staff helpful with directions etc, good english. plus drinks in the evenings were fun.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Fantastic hostel, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The dinners cooked by the French chef are amazing and the im going to say the breakfast is the best I had on my 6 month adventure from Canada south to Brazil.

1 2 Next » last »