El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is located in Rio's world known neighbourhood Copacabana, and very close to the beach and to metro station, which is perfect. We were lucky as we got a bed in one of the rooms with windows to the street. So if u want to avoid rooms without windows (although with cond air ;) ) I would check it in advance. Average hostel, with good prices if u take in account that we are talking about Rio.

Great atmosphere and fantastic staff!

The location is good to go direktly to the beach and the subway is nearby. When I was there the hostel was verry corwded, but nobody seemed to have an interest to make new friends. Most of the people stuck in their own groups or were sitting silently next to each other at the couch playing with theri cellphones! The best stuff member is Bernardo (verry nice and friendly) only that bitchy lady Claudia should think about another job. That nose up attitude is a total no go!!!

The staff was very friendly and so helpful. the young lady has helped me a great deal ,I did not get her name. she was eager to help . Breakfast was super . my only suggestion to them is to enforce the No noise policy after 10 pm. there was some traffic going on at very late hours , backpackers coming in and out very late. Just a great experience for sure.

This place is super comfortable... typical hostel lifestyle. I stayed in the all female 12 person dorm and met some AWESOME people! The location is EXCELLENT literally a five minute walk to the beach. The staff is incredible and super helpful! The bar tender Chris is a funny Swedish guy who makes great Caipi´s and Mojitos! Totally worth the money, and definitely a great experience!

• 10th Nov 2013

I gave this Hostel Excellent in all categories. And they really deserve it. A great place to stay when you're in Rio. And I also had one of the best caipirinhas in this place.. I think the Bartender use some kind of magic. Try it yourself!

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Really nice breakfast! Nice staff, good location. Cute hostel. Would recommend it!

The place is well located but the air conditioning wasnt working what made me fell in a green house when slepping and sweating... there were no tap water even for a shower ...although it was a city problem for that area for 48 hours i guess the staff could've provided a solution easily if they wanted but they seemed to give a damn for that..hopefully i have friends in Rio and i could take a shower at their places and eventually i did not come back to the hostel and I will never do again...

I was there for Rock in Rio from 18/09 to 23/09, and it was by FAR the best place I could have picked. It takes place in the middle of Copacabana, so you'll have plenty to do around (its also pretty easy to get a bus to basically anywhere in Rio). The atmosphere is very joyfull, you'll easily feel comfortable to just get on the couch, have a 'caipirinha' and enjoy the company of other guests. They also serve meals at night for a very reasonable price. Only con was the push-button shower.

• 18th Sep 2013

The staff at this hostel were extremely helpful whenever we had questions. The welcome drink was delicious. The only downside was the doors to the dorms don't close properly so it was a bit hard to shut out the noise from outside. They are good at keeping the noise down late at night though.

The people were quite good, quite not... Depend on the people. The room (dorm) was durty, VERY VERY HUMID and smelly. The location, close to the copacabana beach is good, but don't take the excursion, do it by yourself, so mich cheaper!

I loved the place and the Stafff. Thank you guys for everthing!

We had a great time at El Misti. The breakfast was by far the best we had on our whole South America trip. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is also very nice, it is close to the beach and bus stop. We definitely recommend this hostel! And go watch a football match (that the hostel organizes) it is awesome!!

I think the hostel is too small and crowded. There is almost no place to relax and chill in the main area and no place to store your baggage in your rooms. I think 3 stock beds are too much though!

• 2nd Sep 2013

It was really nice! The only thing that would make me change to another hostel is to know if there is another hostel as good as El Misti House. Only.

Really next to a subway station and to all the buses you'll probably need. You get to Copacabana beach walking. The breakfast is great and the lockers are huge! Caipirinhas and dinner for a really low price.

The Staff there are very down to earth and welcoming. My friends and I knew no Portuguese and the staff spoke both English and Spanish which made it easier to communicate. By the way, Gaston Miraballes makes the best Caprinas and is a very funny and friendly guy, definitely made our stay even more awesome than it already was. I would love to be back someday!

• 8th Aug 2013

I had a great time!! The hostel has such a fantastic ambiance (and they play awesome music) I walked to the beach with people I met there and then came back and eat delicious food prepared by a french cook, then chill by the bar, I just loved it! Nicely clean and the staff always with a smile on their faces ... Obrigado

Great Hostel!!! Very nice atmosphere, three block from the Copacabana Beach, excellent breakfast!!! The staff is very helpfull. Every night they open a bar and make Caipirinhas and they also serve diner, you have to try the Lasagna!!! Definitely I will come back!!!

Unfortunately there were some cockroaches in our room when I stayed over, but once I told the staff, they said they would call pest control. The cleaning lady had also sprayed bug spray all over our room to solve the problem as well. Otherwise, staff were very nice & helpful, atmosphere was nice, and everything else was great! The dinners looked amazing too.

• 30th Jul 2013