El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent place to stay. Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and lots of cool people.

• 19th Jun 2014

Adam, Hi! Thank you so much for your review, We really appreciate your comments! We are glad to know you had a great experience here, it was great to meet you too. Hope to see you again in Rio!! Kind Regards from all El Misti House staff.

very good location but wifi was bad. many travellers and many new friends.

Hi Jimmie, Thank you for sharing your experience at the Misti with us and to rate our services! Next time you visit us the wi-fi service will be much better. It´s our commitment to give you all the best service. It was very nice to meet you, we hope to see you again! Best Regards, El Misti House staff

I absolutely loathed this hostel. The reception staff wasn't nice at all, barely spoke English and really did not want to help you. The security isn't good as well, as I left my bag behind after checking out. The guy who was working at the time did not even wanna get out of his seat, so he gave me all the keys saying "Just pick the bag you wanna have" ...

• 10th Jun 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your opinion, we would like to apologize for not reaching your expectations. We will pass your comments to all the Misti team. It is our commitment to give a good service. We hope to see you again in the future and have a second chance to give you a great experience at the House. Best Regards, El Misti staff.

Great place to stay, super friendly staff and was an excellent experience.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Dear Brian, We truly appreciate your review! Our top priority is to offer a great service to each of our guests and it is very satisfying to read that this was your case..Thank you! Hope to see you again in Rio! El Misti House staff.

I stayed at El misti for 2 weeks, just before and during the World Cup and could not fault it. The staff were extremely friendly and always made you feel welcome and had time for me, even though the hostel was pretty much full. Always arranged good nights out or goo nights in. I would happily stay here again.

• 6th Jun 2014

Dear Nick! How are you? Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review! We are glad we had the opportunity to host you, thanks for bringing your wonderful energy to the House! ... Come back next year! It was great to meet you! Kind Regards from all the Misti Staff.

location is great; just a couple of blocks from the beach and one block from a metro station that will connect you to the whole city. staff is friendly, helpful and able to communicate in several languages. they serve one of the greatest breakfast ive ever had in a hostel (loved the crepes and natural juices!). i stayed in a very comfortable and affordable private room with ac; bathrooms were cleanned every two hours. the atmosphere was friendly, it wasnt a problem to make friends at all!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Peru

Dear Renzo, Thank you for sharing with us the experience you had at El Misti House and to rate our services. There is no higher reward than to know that our efforts resulted in you having a great stay. Hope to see you again in sunny Rio de Janeiro!! El Misti House staff.

The rooms are very tiny. We got 9 beds room which could have max 12 square meters (if not less), and was a little bit stinky. The whole place is rather small but; The staff and the atmosphere was awesome, especially evening meetings in living room with other guests. They serve dinners, each day with different menu and the cook is brilliant and great (I do not remember when I eat such good pasta - except Italy). The crew members are so nice and so helpful. The staff is the greatest asset of this

Dear Boguslaw, First of all, thanks for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We want to thank you for your comment, this motivates us to keep putting our best effort in our daily job. Based on your suggestions we will make a great effort to make some improvements. It´s the most important value to us to improve our facilities and quality of services. We hope to see you again in the future, it was very nice to meet you! Kind Regards from the Misti staff.

The hostel was ok in most aspects. Whether we were just unlucky or not, the main negative was that we were in a 4 bed dorm in the basement, can't remember the number but this basically meant no windows to outside world! A little hot and stuffy down there but AC helped when asking staff to turn it on. The rest of the hostel was fine; good breakfast was a plus, communal area was small but great for meeting people, but some showers were a bit hit or miss being either cramped or with cold water.

Awesome place to stay, the staff was incredible Carol and Vicky were outstanding. I will be back again for the Olympics in 2016

The staff was welcoming and helpful. Definitely felt safe and comfortable here. Attracts a fun-loving crowd in general. Come here expecting to HAVE FUN. If looking for peace and quiet, go elsewhere. Definitely had trouble sleeping a lot of nights due to noise levels, but it made up for it by being a fun hostel.

I had a great time during my stay at this hostel. The staff was great. All the Argentinian girls were extremely helpful and friendly. Renzo was the best, extremely helpful and friendly, and very willing to go out of his way to make your experience excellent. My only minor complaint would be that the nighttime security guard over the weekend was asleep every time I came home late at night. Might as well have a scarecrow working security. Overall excellent experience, highly recommended.

Cleanliness: The Hostel was really dirty. I’ve travelled around the world and I’ve never seen such a dirty Hostel. Disgusting! Privacy: A worker entered in our room while we were on a tour and moved all the stuff we had there as well as getting everything dirty with paint. The staff didn’t even care about it.

A very nice hostel located ca. 10 minutes from the beach in Copacabana and next to the metro station Sigueira Campos. Atmosphere is very friendly, breakfast good, there are also options to order dinner prepared by the hostel's cook in the evening. Not so many bathrooms available, unfortunately. Female room is based in a basement, so there is no day light or option to open a window. In general good value for money.

It might be common for Brazilian hostel not to have electric kettle and bowl. Brazilian style breakfast provided was good and enough to start the day with various choices. Helpful and friendly staffs. 5 bedded room might end up in a dungeon. Unpleasant smell at an area in the hostel. Near to metro an beach. Overall this place is OK to stay.

Really great atmosphere! If you are a solo travel, this hostel is the perfect place to make new friends!

Stayed 4 nights and had a really good time there. Great place to meet people, the free breakfast is really good and the best start to the day. Reception staff is always helpful and the cleaners are always working hard to keep the hostel clean. Always again. 👌

12 beds is too much for such a little room, it wasn't comfortable at all. Not enough bathrooms and showers. Breakfast was kind of simple. The staff was really good and also de location.

• 1st May 2014
  • Argentina

Great location just 3 blocks away from Copacabana beach. The breakfast is probably one of the best I've had at a hostel. The wifi works great in the common areas but don't expect much in the rooms. The staff are okay with the exception of Renzo. He helped me while I was checking in and he was just wonderful. He made me feel like I was welcomed and I wasn't just another traveler passing through. Don't expect much from the rooms as the bunk beds look a little old. On a brighter note, there's AC!

Staff were great

• 19th Apr 2014

hostel was in great location, staff were excellent and so helpful. Hostel could definitely be cleaned, dorms were small

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels