El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The rooms are very tiny. We got 9 beds room which could have max 12 square meters (if not less), and was a little bit stinky. The whole place is rather small but; The staff and the atmosphere was awesome, especially evening meetings in living room with other guests. They serve dinners, each day with different menu and the cook is brilliant and great (I do not remember when I eat such good pasta - except Italy). The crew members are so nice and so helpful. The staff is the greatest asset of this

Dear Boguslaw, First of all, thanks for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We want to thank you for your comment, this motivates us to keep putting our best effort in our daily job. Based on your suggestions we will make a great effort to make some improvements. It´s the most important value to us to improve our facilities and quality of services. We hope to see you again in the future, it was very nice to meet you! Kind Regards from the Misti staff.

Me parecio genial el hostel! Buena ubicación. Buena onda la gente que trabaja en el hostel. Limpio y seguro. Lo recomiendo. Tiene el precio adecuado con todo lo que uno precisa para estar en Rio tranqui!

Querido Pablo, Gracias por compartir tu experiencia con nosotros. Nos encanta saber que disfrutaste de nuestros servicios e instalaciones y esperamos tener la oportunidad de recibirte nuevamente en el futuro! Hasta pronto!! Staff el Misti House

The hostel was ok in most aspects. Whether we were just unlucky or not, the main negative was that we were in a 4 bed dorm in the basement, can't remember the number but this basically meant no windows to outside world! A little hot and stuffy down there but AC helped when asking staff to turn it on. The rest of the hostel was fine; good breakfast was a plus, communal area was small but great for meeting people, but some showers were a bit hit or miss being either cramped or with cold water.

The staff was welcoming and helpful. Definitely felt safe and comfortable here. Attracts a fun-loving crowd in general. Come here expecting to HAVE FUN. If looking for peace and quiet, go elsewhere. Definitely had trouble sleeping a lot of nights due to noise levels, but it made up for it by being a fun hostel.

I had a great time during my stay at this hostel. The staff was great. All the Argentinian girls were extremely helpful and friendly. Renzo was the best, extremely helpful and friendly, and very willing to go out of his way to make your experience excellent. My only minor complaint would be that the nighttime security guard over the weekend was asleep every time I came home late at night. Might as well have a scarecrow working security. Overall excellent experience, highly recommended.

Cleanliness: The Hostel was really dirty. I’ve travelled around the world and I’ve never seen such a dirty Hostel. Disgusting! Privacy: A worker entered in our room while we were on a tour and moved all the stuff we had there as well as getting everything dirty with paint. The staff didn’t even care about it.

Bom custo-benefício. Sugeria apenas ampliação da aérea aberta para melhor convívio dos hóspedes e construção de mais banheiros, pois achei não ser suficiente.

A very nice hostel located ca. 10 minutes from the beach in Copacabana and next to the metro station Sigueira Campos. Atmosphere is very friendly, breakfast good, there are also options to order dinner prepared by the hostel's cook in the evening. Not so many bathrooms available, unfortunately. Female room is based in a basement, so there is no day light or option to open a window. In general good value for money.

el personal en la recepcion del hostel esta siempre hablando entre ellos y te sientes como interrumpiendo una conversacion de amigos cada vez que pides algo, las indicaciones cualquier consulta son siempre escasas porque estan en otra conversacion, en la habitacion entraba mucha luz por la noche. Creo que la gente que atiende el hostel es muy maja pero la atención que recibes deberia ser mucho mejor, en un establecimiento de este tipo me espero un trato mucho mas cercano del que me he han dado.

• 11th May 2014
  • Spain

It might be common for Brazilian hostel not to have electric kettle and bowl. Brazilian style breakfast provided was good and enough to start the day with various choices. Helpful and friendly staffs. 5 bedded room might end up in a dungeon. Unpleasant smell at an area in the hostel. Near to metro an beach. Overall this place is OK to stay.

Really great atmosphere! If you are a solo travel, this hostel is the perfect place to make new friends!

Deberían tener folletos con la informacion de los tours por escrito y detallada, porque hicimos el de Ilha Grande y nos dijeron que íbamos a Playa Lopez Mendez, y no fue así.

Very nice staff, good atmosphere!

Stayed 4 nights and had a really good time there. Great place to meet people, the free breakfast is really good and the best start to the day. Reception staff is always helpful and the cleaners are always working hard to keep the hostel clean. Always again. 👌

12 beds is too much for such a little room, it wasn't comfortable at all. Not enough bathrooms and showers. Breakfast was kind of simple. The staff was really good and also de location.

• 1st May 2014
  • Argentina

Lugar bem aconchegante, funcionários dispostos sempre a ajudar, gostei muito. Porem na ultima noite observei grande quantidade de baratas isso, para o sexo feminino, seria horrível, portanto penso que seria ideal reformar o assoalho dos quartos.

Great location just 3 blocks away from Copacabana beach. The breakfast is probably one of the best I've had at a hostel. The wifi works great in the common areas but don't expect much in the rooms. The staff are okay with the exception of Renzo. He helped me while I was checking in and he was just wonderful. He made me feel like I was welcomed and I wasn't just another traveler passing through. Don't expect much from the rooms as the bunk beds look a little old. On a brighter note, there's AC!

Staff were great

• 19th Apr 2014

hostel was in great location, staff were excellent and so helpful. Hostel could definitely be cleaned, dorms were small

Me encantó el ambiente del hostal! el personal encargado muy profesional en todo momento!

• 16th Apr 2014