El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It might be common for Brazilian hostel not to have electric kettle and bowl. Brazilian style breakfast provided was good and enough to start the day with various choices. Helpful and friendly staffs. 5 bedded room might end up in a dungeon. Unpleasant smell at an area in the hostel. Near to metro an beach. Overall this place is OK to stay.

Really great atmosphere! If you are a solo travel, this hostel is the perfect place to make new friends!

Deberían tener folletos con la informacion de los tours por escrito y detallada, porque hicimos el de Ilha Grande y nos dijeron que íbamos a Playa Lopez Mendez, y no fue así.

Very nice staff, good atmosphere!

Stayed 4 nights and had a really good time there. Great place to meet people, the free breakfast is really good and the best start to the day. Reception staff is always helpful and the cleaners are always working hard to keep the hostel clean. Always again. 👌

12 beds is too much for such a little room, it wasn't comfortable at all. Not enough bathrooms and showers. Breakfast was kind of simple. The staff was really good and also de location.

• 1st May 2014
  • Argentina

Lugar bem aconchegante, funcionários dispostos sempre a ajudar, gostei muito. Porem na ultima noite observei grande quantidade de baratas isso, para o sexo feminino, seria horrível, portanto penso que seria ideal reformar o assoalho dos quartos.

Great location just 3 blocks away from Copacabana beach. The breakfast is probably one of the best I've had at a hostel. The wifi works great in the common areas but don't expect much in the rooms. The staff are okay with the exception of Renzo. He helped me while I was checking in and he was just wonderful. He made me feel like I was welcomed and I wasn't just another traveler passing through. Don't expect much from the rooms as the bunk beds look a little old. On a brighter note, there's AC!

Staff were great

• 19th Apr 2014

hostel was in great location, staff were excellent and so helpful. Hostel could definitely be cleaned, dorms were small

Me encantó el ambiente del hostal! el personal encargado muy profesional en todo momento!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Wonderful staff, especially Victoria who helped with anything and everything we asked (including multiple phone calls to the airline that lost our luggage), I cant say enough good things about the El Misti team. Yummy breakfasts and also the dinners were great value for money. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Rio.

The was dirty, loud and stinky. Apart from that I felt like I was on a field trip from high school. As there were three dorms filled with 15 year old kids next to my dorm. I thought there was a policy that you have to be 18 to stay. The staff was very rude. I booked on hostel world for 2 nights at a certain price. Wen I got there I was surprised to learn that on the books was 3 nights for a price about 30 more than what I had originally agreed to. Instead of honor the original price the guy char

• 11th Apr 2014

Most of the staff members were nice and helpful and were really doing their best, however the hostel facilities absolutely need upgrading, and cleaning has to be taken a lot more seriously (especially in bathrooms) The general stay was ok but for the value offered, could have been cheaper..

Hostel is good, all you can eat dinners are fantastic. Had issues with the ensuite - no water when I arrived - so used another one, and they called someone in to fix the next morning. Then that afternoon all the water in the hostel went out for a while - so not sure if it was a supply problem, but it was fine a few hours later and no more issues. Location was good and staff helpful with directions etc, good english. plus drinks in the evenings were fun.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Fantastic hostel, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The dinners cooked by the French chef are amazing and the im going to say the breakfast is the best I had on my 6 month adventure from Canada south to Brazil.

I stayed at the Copacabana Misti and this one was nicer in some ways like air conditioning but the atmosphere was very boring. The only good hang out area is the living room and it gets crowded and stuffy in there. They have a bar but they can only make Caipirinhas so it is not very fun to hang out there. You can buy cheap beer but that is about it. The location was nice though, not too far from the beach and super close to the subway.

El Misti house was excellent for location and what it has to offer for activities. I recommend this hostel for travellers.

Great place to stay, staff very helpful, great atmosphere. We stayed in the new side of the hostel which was very nice but not finished. Eg bare electrical cable just above shower head was a concern, and the continuous loss of power & lights was annoying , happened 3out of 4 nights and always while we were in the shower, lucky we had a torch as it was very dark even in the day. If they can sort out this problem it would be a perfect hostel. If I were going back to rio I would stay there again.

Great staff friendly an helpful. Loads of stuff happening all the time. Great big lockers. Lots of people in the rooms but wasn't too bad, not that many toilets/showers for the number of people. Kitchen is good but because the hostel always do a dinner it's never very available when you want to use it. Good spot near metro and beach and lots of busses.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels