El Misti House Reviews

Rua Silva Castro 49, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Near the beach, Nice day trip, Cool the mini bar!

A great hostel, I had such a nice time there. Victor the barman is a great person and makes the best drinks. The Dinner was always very good, the staff is very helpfull. There are no questions that the hostel is in the best location possible.

Good sleep even with the amount of begs in such a small room but tooooo many cockroaches in the rooms and all through the lockers!!

Excellent hostel! Great facilities and comfortable Really friendly and helpful staff, well done breakfast, location is excellent, right next to the beach and metro station. Also delicious dinners every night for only $15 reals! Totally recommended

• 22nd Jan 2014

The hostel is located in Rio's world known neighbourhood Copacabana, and very close to the beach and to metro station, which is perfect. We were lucky as we got a bed in one of the rooms with windows to the street. So if u want to avoid rooms without windows (although with cond air ;) ) I would check it in advance. Average hostel, with good prices if u take in account that we are talking about Rio.

Great atmosphere and fantastic staff!

The location is good to go direktly to the beach and the subway is nearby. When I was there the hostel was verry corwded, but nobody seemed to have an interest to make new friends. Most of the people stuck in their own groups or were sitting silently next to each other at the couch playing with theri cellphones! The best stuff member is Bernardo (verry nice and friendly) only that bitchy lady Claudia should think about another job. That nose up attitude is a total no go!!!

The staff was very friendly and so helpful. the young lady has helped me a great deal ,I did not get her name. she was eager to help . Breakfast was super . my only suggestion to them is to enforce the No noise policy after 10 pm. there was some traffic going on at very late hours , backpackers coming in and out very late. Just a great experience for sure.

This place is super comfortable... typical hostel lifestyle. I stayed in the all female 12 person dorm and met some AWESOME people! The location is EXCELLENT literally a five minute walk to the beach. The staff is incredible and super helpful! The bar tender Chris is a funny Swedish guy who makes great Caipi´s and Mojitos! Totally worth the money, and definitely a great experience!

• 10th Nov 2013

I gave this Hostel Excellent in all categories. And they really deserve it. A great place to stay when you're in Rio. And I also had one of the best caipirinhas in this place.. I think the Bartender use some kind of magic. Try it yourself!

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Really nice breakfast! Nice staff, good location. Cute hostel. Would recommend it!

The place is well located but the air conditioning wasnt working what made me fell in a green house when slepping and sweating... there were no tap water even for a shower ...although it was a city problem for that area for 48 hours i guess the staff could've provided a solution easily if they wanted but they seemed to give a damn for that..hopefully i have friends in Rio and i could take a shower at their places and eventually i did not come back to the hostel and I will never do again...

I was there for Rock in Rio from 18/09 to 23/09, and it was by FAR the best place I could have picked. It takes place in the middle of Copacabana, so you'll have plenty to do around (its also pretty easy to get a bus to basically anywhere in Rio). The atmosphere is very joyfull, you'll easily feel comfortable to just get on the couch, have a 'caipirinha' and enjoy the company of other guests. They also serve meals at night for a very reasonable price. Only con was the push-button shower.

• 18th Sep 2013

The staff at this hostel were extremely helpful whenever we had questions. The welcome drink was delicious. The only downside was the doors to the dorms don't close properly so it was a bit hard to shut out the noise from outside. They are good at keeping the noise down late at night though.

The people were quite good, quite not... Depend on the people. The room (dorm) was durty, VERY VERY HUMID and smelly. The location, close to the copacabana beach is good, but don't take the excursion, do it by yourself, so mich cheaper!

I loved the place and the Stafff. Thank you guys for everthing!

We had a great time at El Misti. The breakfast was by far the best we had on our whole South America trip. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is also very nice, it is close to the beach and bus stop. We definitely recommend this hostel! And go watch a football match (that the hostel organizes) it is awesome!!

I think the hostel is too small and crowded. There is almost no place to relax and chill in the main area and no place to store your baggage in your rooms. I think 3 stock beds are too much though!

• 2nd Sep 2013

It was really nice! The only thing that would make me change to another hostel is to know if there is another hostel as good as El Misti House. Only.

Really next to a subway station and to all the buses you'll probably need. You get to Copacabana beach walking. The breakfast is great and the lockers are huge! Caipirinhas and dinner for a really low price.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels