El Misti Rooms Reviews

Emilio Berla 41, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Good breakfast, kind staff. Dorm with just to many people (triple bed). Kitchen was mostly occupied by some old woman, she was spying on us every time we were preparing our food. Would not recommend this hostel, there are better spots.

the staff is excellent friendly welcoming really exceptional above expectation. the bathrooms are very clean really nice! breakfast is good. location is fantastic!

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

Great staff, locaction, breakfast an awsome dinners! Very fear price for the beds. I had a great time and I will be back for sure.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

Dear guest Thank you for sharing with us the experience you had at El Misti and to rate our services, there is no higher reward than to know that our efforts resulted in you having the perfect stay. It is our commitment to make the service as personalized and attentive as possible, making our guests feel relaxed and comfortable, exceeding the expectations. Hope to see you again in sunny Rio de Janeiro. Kind regards, El Misti Staff

Had a great time here. The staff are very personable with cleaners always on the go. It's small and a buy old but the cosy atmosphere makes up for everything with beach only a 5 minute walk Away. Breakfast is nice.

Really nice staff. Good breakfast (ham, cheese, good bread, cereal, fruit etc). Perfect location, 5' from beach and main buses, good shops nearby. The transfer to Ilha Grande they sell was good. Facilities are quite basic. Small kitchen (only 4 hobs, not enough pans); small dorms, too many beds, not enough space between upper/lower bed (you can't even sit); bathrooms/showers are OK. WiFi not always working. No storage room (they can keep your bags but just next to reception - not very safe).

DO NOT STAY HERE. I had a terrible experience at this hostel and would not recommend it to anyone. I booked a private room and ended up with bed bug bites all over my body. They don't use mattress protectors and the sheet they used was too small for the mattress. Terrible hygiene standards! The staff cannot be trusted either. I was told they would give me a refund for a second room I didn't use if they managed to let it out. Let it out they did but STILL NO REFUND & NO RESPONSE TO MY EMAILS.

• 10th Sep 2015

The hostel is very clean - the bathrooms are cleaned several times daily! The staff were really helpful with organising tours and transportation; in particular Sol, who was just fantastic and went out of her way to make sure our stay was comfortable (thank you!) They organise lots of group meals and activities in the evenings, although we never actually attended any, but great if you're looking to meet people. Definitely recommended.

Dear Guest First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you with a relaxing experience, highlighted by our facilities and the excellent service offered by our attentive staff. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards, Management

Situated in the heart of Copacabana, 5 min to a metro station and with a lot of buses just 2 blocks away, you can reach to beach in few minutes and go to the city center in 45 min. The hostel itself is a nice house where you can easily meet other travellers and share stories. There is a big common area with tables and sofas and every night you can have dinner there for a small money. The stuff is excellent, they are always smiling and the give you advices and tips. I hope I could come back soon!

The best Location ever for me :) They Cleanes 4 times a day, evertime that i used the bathrooms was cleaned Fair price for a good service They helps you with everthing you need The best breakfast, the chef make a organic and nice bread every morning and everydays have a nice dinner :3 The manager is so cute with everyone for for sure i gonna back

• 8th Jul 2015

Dear guest First of all allow me to thank you for choosing El Misti Hostels as host of your recent vacation. We are glad to know we provided you a relaxing experience. We will congratulate the cleaning staff, and our chef Christian, because they work is always escellent! We look forward to welcome you soon. Kind regards, El Misti Staff

The dorm I stayed in here was tiny, three triple bunks in a room that should probably only have six in which made a very uncomfortable stay. The staff weren't particularly helpful on arrival and the breakfast was not very nice with cheese and ham that looked like it had see better days. The communal area is also very small and the sofas crammed together in a small space. Wouldn't recommend this hostel at all

Dear valued guest, Thank you for your opinion about your recent stay at our hostel. It is the most important value to us to improve our facilities and quality of services. All your comments have been passed to the El Misti team. Make sure that, problems as the staff not being helpful enough, or the breakfast don´t look the way that you spected, will be solved as soon as possible. We hope to see you again in the future and give you great experience. Kind regards, El Misti Staff

Nice hostel in good location. Near the beach and Ipanema . The metro just a few blocks away. The rooms are not that big but who wants to be in a room when you are in beautiful Rio. Nice common area. Wi-fii could be better but hey you are on vacation, be social with the others. Really nice staff and I got a lesson how to do a caipirinha behind the bar, awesome.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels