El Misti Rooms Reviews

Emilio Berla 41, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Nice location but uncomfortable hostel. Not clean, not enough space, wifi hardly work.

The rooms are way too small, I can't believe they fit 12 persons inside of it. Actually me and me friends decided to leave the hostel at the first night since we felt very uncomfortable. When I booked through HostelWorld about 1 month before my arrival the Hostel made me pay an extra 40% to guarantee the booking otherwise I would loose my money ( I lost my money anyway) When I tried to negotiate with the guy at the front desk ( night shift) he was completely negative.Wont recommend this place

Dear guest We appreciate your detailed review and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Hostelworld. Please rest assured that we will address your recommendations for the improvement of our hostel. Kind regards, Management

Location and staff amazing, but the rooms and beds are terrible for money. Triple bunks, rusty lockers so bag comes out covered in rust. So many people squished into room that all rooms were a mess.

Amazing stay! Absolutely the best hostel I've been at. Super clean bathrooms and friendly staff. Great living room atmosphere and they offered plenty of fun events in the city.

• 21st May 2014

We were picked up at the airport, which was really pleasant for us. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They showed us where to go and kept us updated with safety problems in Rio. I can recommend the breakfast very much. The only thing that bothered us a bit was that the kitchen is closed about 7-9 pm. But they prepared a very good dinner instead.

• 21st May 2014

Ended up our 10 month around the world trip here in Rio and delighted to say had an excellent stay here. The hostel is extremely clean, the rooms are good and safe and the staff are simply brilliant! They organised our trips, showed us the places to go and were very pleasant at all times

• 21st May 2014

We had a really nice stay in Misti. The breakfast is excellent and the atmosphere was very good! the rooms are unfortunately a bit small and you cant use the kitchen in the afternoon, if you do this an old lady is getting very angry. In total we had a really good time there!

I was at El Misti already for the second time. I really enjoy this hostel because of great staff, good location and quiet rooms (even with 12 beds). I can recommend this hostel to everybody who wants to have a good time in Rio.

• 4th May 2014

Dear, It is a pleasure to host you again and we really appreciate your comment and you know you are welcome every time you come to Rio!!!! Cheers, Federico

Excellent location, great atmosfere and Staff really friendly. The first two days i was in the double private roon and after i change to the female 8 beds shared room. The 8 beds shared room is a reaaly good value for money and in my opinion is more safe than the private room, because have lockers for the luggage under the beds. The double private room is comfortable but i was quite worried about my things security. They offer a good breakfast!!! I really had a good time in this hostel..

Hi there! Thanks a lot for staying at El Misti Rooms. Your opinion is very important for us to know what we have to improve to make all our guests feel like home. We try to do all that we can for the safety all around the hostel. As when you stay in a private room you have the key, and we ask to leave it at the front desk with us, and you can be totally sure that nobody but us will get into the room. I hope you have had a great time in Rio and we invite you to come again! Cheers, Federico.

The staff of the hostel are great and they help you with everything you need. There are dinners with a really good price at the hostel. The dorm rooms are tight, and don't have much space, but it is the same in all of Rio. The manager Federico, helped us so much much with the rest of the trip and was very kind about all of our stay in the hostel. Over all a good hostel in Rio.

Great location with many activities close by and easy to arrange! Staff were very helpful and friendly!!

ברוכים הבאים להוסטל הכי טוב בריו!!!! מאיפה מתחילים?! קודם כל, המיקום. פחות מ10 דקות הליכה לחוף של קופקבנה, וחצי שעה הליכה לאיפנמה ולבלון. בנוסף, פחות מ5 דק הליכה לרחוב הראשי ולפאבים. ההוסטל הכי נקי שראינו, יש כאן מנקות 24/7. הצוות הכי אדיב, נדיב, מקסים, עוזר וכיפי שנתקלנו בו. תמיד שם בשבילכם! כל יום פרננדו מכין קאיפיריניות- הכי טובות שטעמנו! יש ארוחות בוקר מצוינות, ווייפיי בכל קומה, מזגן ומאוורר בכל חדר. בנוסף לאו מכין ארוחות ערב זולות מאוד וטעימות ממש!! אווירה מעולה ואנשים טובים!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Israel

El Misti is one if one of the best hostels in Rio from what I've seen. It's convenient, the staff is super nice and has willing to help with any need! The location of the hostel is perfect, and it has all the facilities you need. I enjoyed my stay in El Misti and I really recommend it!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Israel

Cool hostel with young and vibrant atmosphere! Great breakfast included! Great place to meet other travellers! I stayed here for Carnival and found the staff to be very helpful and informative on what was going on and where...they organised days and nights out which were great if you were a lone traveller to meet others! I'd definitely stay here again!

Staff very friendly and helpful

It was very very crammed. 6 people dorms could only fit 6 people in them when everyone were in their beds. Impossible to have more than 2 suitcases out from under the bed at a time. They had a lockup under the beds for you bags but they kept breaking and most locks didn't fit them. No individual door keys. Sheets looked thilthy, ripped and smelt dirty. The mattresses were feral. Bathrooms dirty and smashes in the windows ment people could see u when u showered. good wifi, great location!

Nice place, knowledgeable and helpful staff. Had appreciated a sharp knife in the kitchen and individual reading lights, though.

The service and stay was great overall! There is free breakfast in the mornings and dessert in the afternoons. It's a great environment to meet people and hang out, especially if you're traveling solo. Wifi service can be a little spotty, but it worked most of the time. The staff is really informative of things to do and how to get around. They also speak English and Spanish which is helpful!

• 9th Aug 2013

Rally liked this hostel; great breakfast, nice kitchen and very clean. The best thing, however, was the staff! Only downside was the cramped room and the triple bunks... would still stay here again though.

Not a bad hostel, great location down a quiet street but still very close to Copacabana and necessities like pharmacies, supermarkets, atm. Typical Rio hostel with cramped rooms but generallt clean. Good clenaing staff always keeping the bathrooms in order too. Good hot water. Decent Brazillian breakfast of bread, ham, cheese, fruit and juice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3