El Nomada Reviews

Calle Iturbe 1156-1158, Asuncion, Paraguay

Relaxed hostel close to bus services, supermarket etc. Nice garden and small pool to cool of in. It also has safe parking for motorcycle. This is important to me.

Great place to stay! Awesome hostel and very helpful staff!

• 11th Feb 2015

I rented a single room with air coniditioning. The room I rented did not have air conditioing. This was unfortunate, so I left unhappy staying there. Staff was very nice and let me leave to a hotel.

Really relaxed hostel. Everything you want is there. Owners try to help you as good as possible. Good atmosphere and it's looks cool!

I ended up extending 2 extra nights for the atmosphere. Very chill, very friendly, a great place to recharge and hang out. The staff is very helpful.

The Hostel is not the closest to the city centre but you can easily walk there in like 15minutes. The pool and garden area is very nice and clean. Breakfast is excellent for a hostel! I did laundry here as well and the service was great. The only negative thing is that the atmosphere wasn't that good when I stayed here. There were just a few guests/backpacker so if you're traveling alone and want to meet people maybe not the best option.

I'd recommend El Nomada to all travelers going to Asuncion.

Staff was helpful, place feels secure and fairly clean, although it's far from the center.

I stayed at this hostel over the Christmas period and it felt like a second home! I met a wonderful group of people and Pati and Guillame were ready to help with anything! The pool and the garden are perfect to relax in and spend lazy days when you've had enough of visiting the city. One of my favourite hostels ever, thanks for such a wonderful time!

We had a privat suite and it was perfect. Everyday someone cleaned the room and made the bed. The breakfast was also a good variety, but the best is the overall location. YOu can see that the owner is really taking car about the place to make it coast and to feel in a very nice place for it guests. Only thing we wanted to leave early and couldn't get out first and had to wake the owner to open the door for us. But no problem and it was fast ;)

Great place to stay - cool, relaxing, and very authentic example of the colonial courtyard-style houses of Asuncion. Patti is rebuena!

• 20th Dec 2014

Really great hostel! The staff are really lovely and helpful and the facilities are good. The kitchen could be a bit better stocked - I couldn't find a sharp knife for chopping veg or a chopping board - but otherwise all was great. The breakfast was also delicious!

Friendly helpful stuff,delicious breakfast, everything clean, top!!!!

Nice stay there. Easy to find and not so far away from downtown.

The hostel was very nice, the breakfast good enough and the staff very good! I also marked cleanliness with excellent, as after so many hostels it was the only one with such a clean pool that you could swim in! Generally it was one of the best options of my whole trip and about 13 hostels i stayed during it.

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Very nice and helpful staff, impeccably clean, great breakfast, a garden with hammocks and swimming pool, quiet at night and comfy beds. If you want to go out at night there'll always be people to follow you as well ! Like mentioned above, if you go to Asunción, don't stay anywhere else :)

Surprising that there were no keys for the rooms, and also that you have to ask or ring one of the members of staff to let you into/out of the hostel (again no keys are provided). Also surprising that breakfast does not start until 0830, which makes it difficult to get out and about early.

Dear Jerry, unfortunately, the room you booked had no key because that was a dormitory with 4 beds and not a private room. Concerning the front door, we do not provide any key to the guests for a question a security, so we know who gets in/out of the hostel (that's also why there is no need to lock the dorms!). Finally, we are surprised to see that you query about the breakfast time since you knew it when you booked. (It is indicated in the main information of the hostel in HW).

A truely excellent hostel. It is a great place to hang out with other travellers and make use of the pool etc. The staff are lovely and very firendly.

Great vibe, nice backyard to hang out, very cool to have a pool in there, Staff is really helpful and will go out of their way to help you. Choose a room with a/c as it can get very hot during the day and night.

This is a really awesome hostel with very friendly and helpful owners who speak English, Spanish and French fluently. There is a large grocery store just a few blocks away and a kitchen well equipped for cooking (although the fridge could be a bit bigger as it was always crowded - only a minor issue).