El Nomada Reviews

Calle Iturbe 1156-1158, Asuncion, Paraguay

The best hotel I've stayed in during my South America trip. It is a little oasis in the crazy city of Asuncion. If you are looking for a hostel with a nice garden with a pool, a friendly and helpful English, French and Spanisch speaking staff and a lovely breakfast.... this is your hostel. Also it is very clean and close to the city center.

By far the best hostel I've ever been to! Friendly and always helpful owners who were once backpacking themselves created the perfect place in Asunction. Nice rooms, warm showers, great breakfast with real juice and pancakes, nice garden with a good pool, and an atmosphere to easily connect to other travellers. As somebody else already wrote: Stay here. It's the best!

Gorgeous hostel in beautiful surroundings with lovely food and fantastic staff.

Perfect- great breakfast, location & really clean with great showers. Lovely owners- really personable and friendly, probably the nicest hostel staff I had on my three month trip. If you're heading to Asuncion don't stay anywhere else! Thanks guys :)

This place is brilliant. Staff are super friendly. The rooms are big and spacious and comfortable and the breakfast is spot on. Stay here, it's only 10 min walk to centre.

Absolutely loved it here. We needed a few days to kill before heading to São Paulo so came to Asuncion. We ended up staying extra days! The owners are so friendly and accommodating, they even tried to make us a 'Full English' the day of England's first WC game! Would highly recommend this place for people looking to relax, such a chilled atmosphere. So much knowledge about Asuncion and other areas also, loved these guys!!

I liked the staff here and the breakfast was great. they offered me another room but I chose to stay in the 4 bed whcih was a bit cold and was next to the road. what I didn't like was that you had to get someone to open the door everytime you wanted to come in or leave the hostel.

You are a walking distance from the center and its sights, about 20 minutes cab rides from the nightlife. Be sure to reserve the number of the nights you intend to stay. When it comes for you to check out earlier you will pay for your entire stay. I had to pay for my last night i didnt use. A German had to pay three weeks for 6 nights and another guy from Chile faced the same issue!

I love this place. Mainly because of the French couple who run it - they're so lovely, helpful, welcoming and accommodating. Hostel is nice, facilities good - one of the best showers I've had in SA, and beds comfy. Location could be better but withing walking distance to the centre, supermarket, banks etc. Stay here. Seriously. You'll love it.

Perfect hostel and perfect stay. The staff is simply fantastic and helped us a lot. I highly recommend it and would go back in Paraguay will stay here again.

The hostel is good, specially its social area ! Just be sure you are going to a room with a bathroom "ensuite", otherwise you will get a bathroom with zero privacy right in the middle of the social area... without walls to the ceiling, which means it feels you have to do everything in front of other people ! they have private rooms that are not on this website and seem to be very good, mine was very cold... far from the bathroom. Everything there is handmade buy its owner, it looks ok !

Great staff

Awesome stay - totally recommend it

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Definitely stay here. The owners were fantastic. Extremely friendly & willing to help on anything and everything. Patty took us on a tour of the city & to places you would not necessarily venture to on your own. They were very social & ate with us in the evening. The breakfast was great and filling, rooms large and lots of space for your stuff with lockable cupboards. Garden beautiful. You could easily spend days just relaxing in the hammocks and having a dip in their pool.

• 21st Mar 2014

El Nomada is a perfect place to stay and visit Asuncion, Patty and Guillaume the owners are youmg people, very nice an very helpful with good info about the coty amd all paraguay. Definetly a great place to relax meet people and know a little bit more about paraguay

• 20th Mar 2014

This is one of the nicest hostel we were staying during our trip through South America! The couple who runs the hostel are the nicest people we met. They made us feel very welcome and helped us with everything. We felt like we were at home. The hostel has been put together with care and love. A must stay at in Asunción!

• 13th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels we have been staying at. Guillaume is a very friendly owner, who helps with anything. Kitchen area is good. We stayed in a 4 dorm, which would have been a 12 bed dorm in other hostels easily (did not have bunk beds!!). Bathroom was very clean and the outside area fantastic. As I said, one of the best hostels we have stayed at. Definetely recommended!